Biggest Hearts Flop?

Alan_R

Who do you all concider to be the player who was the biggest flop at hearts?

This could be players who were generally just terrible and didn't help the club at all or otherwise...

...Bez's latest injury got me thinking, in terms of what we paid/paying him and what he has delivered he has to be up there!

any other candidates?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pound for pound it has to be wage thief Pinilla closely followed by Makela. Second time round McCan must be in with a shout. Beslija! Vincent Guerin.

Oh there are so many to choose from.

Pants Shaton

Petric - is the biggest waste of money in Hearts' history but maybe not the biggest flop, as everyone but Jefferies realised he was pish before he arrived.

Beslija is a fandango of the highest order.

scott herbertson

Willie Pettigrew

Derek Ferguson

Gordan Petric

for the money paid for them/ hype before they arrived they rank right up there.

When a player has injuries or is just not selected like Beslija/ Pinilla for much of their time with Hearts then they don't count as a 100% flop for me - by the same measure you could judge Robert Tomashek and Neil McCann (second spell) as flops but it was not their fault. The three I have named played quite few games and did not deliver value for their wages IMHO

our most expensive signing - it appears "the Bullet" (ha fekken ha) has laddered his tights again.

GIVE HIM "The Bullet" - fekken imposter!

Miller Jambo 60
Gordan Petric. For the amount he cost combined with his gashness!

Andy now a hun watson he was pash

Willie Pettigrew

Derek Ferguson

Gordan Petric

for the money paid for them/ hype before they arrived they rank right up there.

When a player has injuries or is just not selected like Beslija/ Pinilla for much of their time with Hearts then they don't count as a 100% flop for me - by the same measure you could judge Robert Tomashek and Neil McCann (second spell) as flops but it was not their fault. The three I have named played quite few games and did not deliver value for their wages IMHO

Tomaschek was quality when he did play! Not even close to being a flop. He was just unfortunate with injuries.

scott herbertson
Tomaschek was quality when he did play! Not even close to being a flop. He was just unfortunate with injuries.

I agree - that was my point - for his wages he was very expensive and could be termed a flop if that was your measure - clearly though, he was trier and I would therefore not classify him as a flop. It depends on your definition. Some people think Beslija showed good form when he played

scott herbertson
Get a grip. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not sure why you are so angry (unless because he came from Rangers ;))

He was very poor value for money - scored 6 goals in over 100 games in midfield and most people I know thought he did not play well for us. He was our record transfer at the time and we sold him after 5 years for a loss of ?450,000.

A flop in my opinion.

Greedy_Jambo

The whole pinilla thing was a farce and this mirsad beslija guy is aswell. I've never known any hearts player to have played as little as these too guys. When you take in to account the money compared to the guys in the past aswelll..... freekin joke man.

Hans Eskillson was pish though was he no? ha

Not sure why you are so angry (unless because he came from Rangers ;))

He was very poor value for money - scored 6 goals in over 100 games in midfield and most people I know thought he did not play well for us. He was our record transfer at the time and we sold him after 5 years for a loss of ?450,000.

A flop in my opinion.

Shows how people can disagree.

I thought Ferguson was quality for us. Never ever gave the ball away, great vision and could pick a pass. He lost a bit of his early game at Rangers when he did box to box stuff, but overall was very good. His best game undoubtedly the semi final at Celtic Park vs Rangers where he ran the midfield against a strong Rangers team. But overall he suffered from the rest of the players in the Hearts team at the same time not being on his wavelength.

Only left Hearts due to some personal issues.

His autobiography is a good read. Speaks very highly of Hearts - and his boy was being trained at the time by Stevie Fulton at Hearts!

My old man was watching one of those Masters games on Sky, and he was saying that Ferguson still has it!

Back to thread topic - biggest flop at Hearts - Vladimir Romanov.

winston churchill

neil mccann(2nd stint)

south american shagger

bosnian ivan sproule

darnell from big brother........AKA makela

I agree - that was my point - for his wages he was very expensive and could be termed a flop if that was your measure - clearly though, he was trier and I would therefore not classify him as a flop. It depends on your definition. Some people think Beslija showed good form when he played

ah ok I see your point now mate. I really don't think Bez has it though even if he did overcome injury, loved to be proved wrong though.

I get the impression he was a bit of a bosnian ivan sproule if you like; all about the pace, and he will have certainly lost that by now.

Hearts Heritage
Willie Pettigrew

His goals per game ratio

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/aaplayersbygoalsavg.html

places him just below Donald Ford and above the likes of

Mark de Vries

Willie Gibson

Derek OConnor

Drew Busby

Jim Hamilton

Gary McSwegan

to name 6

Whilst not brilliant I don't think he was a 'flop'.

Beslija for me!

his latest injury just sums him up!

would be interesting to see how good he actually was if he had steered clear of injury since he joined us!

A Very Unlucky player

The Bosnian.

Not interested in..injuries, hasn't had a chance. The boy hasn't got it and we chased Pinilla???!!

Beat it Bes.

Ron Burgundy

Supposedly you could hear a big "flop" when Fitzroy Simpson stripped of for a shower.

Does that make him our biggest flop?

Ogi fae Gorgie

Willie P can't believe someone mentioned him as being a flop. Anyways for me it probably a few John Dunlop a goalie from the past, not very good, Jimmy Bremner he was pants, sorry Jim, Aidie Boothroyd pretty crap, Petric and the Bosnia Bullet.

Leigh Jenkinson was rank though I think we all knew that when he joined.

I never really rated Derek Ferguson but the team at the time was poor so I don't know if that contributed to him not looking as good as he should have been.

I would say that Pinilla, Beslija and Makela have been the biggest flops that I can remember. Oh and Darren Beckford was rubbish.

For what we paid, for what we've got back, the Beast of Bosnia is a clear standout. Others that come to mind:-

Gordan Petric

Leigh Jenkinson

Jeremy Goss

Paul Smith

Jim Weir

Colin Cramb

Barasa

Nr.28

Klimek

Mo Berthe - I know only one game, but that was more than enough

Neil McCant (2nd time round)

For what we paid, for what we've got back, the Beast of Bosnia is a clear standout.

Agreed.

I've seen some real sheeite over the years at Tynie but ? for ? he's the worst value of them all.

Walter Kidd, even now he has some of you thinking he was any good

A guy signed from Newtongrange Star, who tried his heart out in every game, was the 'biggest flop'?

More of a flop than Besijla, Tomaschek, Pinilla, Romanov?

and there he should have stayed, some of you don't have a sense of humour, but he was gash tho

Bobby Robinson by a country mile in my book

28th july 1979-10th jan 1981

1 year 5 months 14 days too long:dribble:

Willie P can't believe someone mentioned him as being a flop. Anyways for me it probably a few John Dunlop a goalie from the past, not very good, Jimmy Bremner he was pants, sorry Jim, Aidie Boothroyd pretty crap, Petric and the Bosnia Bullet.

Don`t you mean Ray Dunlop?? also worst player in my opinion was the poker player [HANS ESKILLSON] put of by the noise of the big crowd at Easter Road.:eek:

Charlie-Brown
Bobby Robinson by a country mile in my book

28th july 1979-10th jan 1981

1 year 5 months 14 days too long:dribble:

he was a very very bad player but at least he was available to play most weeks as were a lot of the other really crud players that played at that time - even though we wished they weren't.

Biggest flops in chronological order Musemic, Petric, Tomascek, Beslija, Pinilla

said already in this thread but he was quality when he wasn't injured. There has been shedloads worse than him he shouldn't even come close.

LeylandJambo

I seem to remember a certain Davie Cooper was never as good when he played against Zico:)

Guest Maroon Carpet
Worst player candidate - but not a flop just really crap.

Flop/Crap, much of the same thing.

Charlie-Brown
Flop/Crap, much of the same thing.

If it was the worst player ever thread then there is loads like John Craig & Bobby Robinson & Bobby Masterton etc. that would be nominated but flops are Petric, Pinilla, Beslija etc that cost fortunes but provided next to nowt.

Leigh Jenkinson, but as previously stated we suspected he was mince, Fitzroy Simpson was a howler but Andy Watson sticks out for me as a complete tattie.

Charlie-Brown

I knew within 20 minutes that Ian Baird & Leigh Jenkinson were mince - Darren Beckford too - you can tell by a players body movement & ball control (or lack of) if they are a player or not, sometimes younger players can be nervous in their early games but these guys were lower English league journeyman pro's and were what they were.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

97310945v4_240x240_Front.jpg

ZICO ZICO ZICO! :)

Nowhere near the worst - a leg end, not a kn*b end.

What was the name of the Lithuanian goalie? I still think he was just a builder who did a good job building Vlad's patio, so VR got him a game with Hearts.

One game he was just missing the ball all the time, ended up getting sent off. Possibly the single worst display I've seen by anyone in a Hearts shirt.

Archived