***** Heart of Midlothian Football Club vs hibs *****

Sooks

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Bumping this post. Any pubs showing it?

Better than that ... H1b5 are doing a beam-back to Albion Place Stadium. So, get yer Hearts strip & scarf oan under yer jaikit and ye can sing, "My heart was broken ... Sorrow, Sorrow, etc." as you exit at full time after they get a New Year's tanking.

At least you'll be warm & dry. 😆

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

5 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

If we don't win convincingly Robbie needs to go. 

(am I doing it right?) 

Nice try ...

... but the vibes, man, the vibes.

Hope our defenders are prepared to deal with the Hibs gameplan. 

This being the punt up the park for speed merchants to chase. They are dangerous with this tactic as we saw in the recent match at Ibrox. 

Other than that I don't think we have anything to worry about although it's a Derby so you never know etc etc😏

Spoiler

1 hour ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I’ll take a 1-0,but I really want a 8-0

If the players want it,They’ll get it.

I've already stated that 8-0 isn't out of the question, so I'm very much with you. 👍

One day, that aberration of a scoreline from the days of yore which those of a Hobo persuasion keep on using as a comfort blanket will be eclipsed.

Oh, and to repeat myself from another thread, if they can cast up that result, then we can surely already counter it with reference to our 1893 10-2 drubbing of them at their ground.

1973 is 50 years ago. 1893 was but 80 years prior to that, so quite comparible, methinks.

Anyhoo, as both sets of fans know only too well, our 2012 Scottish 🏆 1-5 victory put paid to any question of which team has the ultimate bragging rights.

Last season's double over them is likely to be repeated come January 22nd.

56 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

One thing which looks certain these days is there will be a penalty for Shankland.

Or an undeserved red card for who ever is playing Hibs 

Does anyone know if Kingsley will be OK to play on Monday as my understanding is 10 days for a concussion which would rule him out until 3 January? 

They’ll turn up throwing the hammers, falling over every two minutes, whine,  moan and claim for everything. They know if they make it a bitty game they’ll get something from it. Let us play and we’ll pass our way through them at will.

Tactics as such will be to get the ball wide and throw as much into our box as possible. We need to be more street wise than them.

They are getting pelters from their support so they will come out the traps , so leave some space. We need to exploit that.

inremember the double header last season and the game at Tynecastle when they took the lead - they were time wasting and rolling all over the place in fake agony. We sorted it out and then at Hampden they went all out to injure Mackay etc.

it’s their way. 
doing them in the league and cup again in quick succession will end them. Let that happen please

40 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Does anyone know if Kingsley will be OK to play on Monday as my understanding is 10 days for a concussion which would rule him out until 3 January? 

There is no set concussion period within sfa rules. If he feels OK and passes the protocol tests he can play

55 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

There is no set concussion period within sfa rules. If he feels OK and passes the protocol tests he can play

There's guidance to rest for a week. It's still being debated with concerns some clubs rush players back. But the main thing seems to tests and checks on symptoms hence Haring not playing. 

Bonnie Prince Charlie
16 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

I have just put my Wheatfield section E ticket on the exchange 

Sold already

15 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Whilst they are bang average if Kingsley is out then our defence is bang average 

Last night Rowles again was bullied by Stevie May. Never won a header or a foot race against him 

This defence right now worries me 

Rowles is rapid. He absolutely ruined May for pace chasing a long through ball in the first half last night. Had about a 20yd disadvantage and had him on toast - I was stunned at the ground he made up. Also won a number of headers. 

Rowles is not the issue. Sibbick isn't either, it's just that we need a big general in there in charge and keeping everyone in line. 

24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rowles is rapid. He absolutely ruined May for pace chasing a long through ball in the first half last night. Had about a 20yd disadvantage and had him on toast - I was stunned at the ground he made up. Also won a number of headers. 

Rowles is not the issue. Sibbick isn't either, it's just that we need a big general in there in charge and keeping everyone in line. 

Yes I agree with that last sentence. Both players can do a fantastic job in their preferred positions but both/we need a dominant, strong in the air, ball winner in the middle. I really hope Halks can get his fitness sorted out and we should look at bringing in a CB of similar type in January. 

13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

We make schoolboy errors in defence pretty much every game.

I reckon this game will be tighter than some of the predictions. They are pish, but they'll battle like **** and their snide, dirty tactics of getting players sent off worries me a bit.

Early goal to settle us down would be tremendous.

The biggest problem is they'll come flying out the traps from ko. Contain them for first 15/20 mins, then batter them. We should gub them. My prediction is 3-1 on the basis of our inability to keep a clean sheet. Shanks (2) and Gino to score. 

21 hours ago, 151 said:

Would love to see us start how we started tonight - fast and on the front foot looking for an early lead. 

Hopefully we can keep 11 on the pitch and not get dragged into the slog they will inevitably look to make it.

3-1 us.

Yeah, there is something weird going on with the way their games have been refereed. We should be getting our ex-players pushing this out in the press. 

2 hours ago, CMc said:

So it looks like the Hobits’s opponents have had 7 red cards this season. 

There have only been 31 in the 222 games played so far. That’s one every seven games. Yet they happen every 2.3 games the hobos play (300% more than average)- with a 88% likelihood it will be for their opponent. 

Hibs have had almost a quarter of all red cards this season given to their opponents despite committing the most fouls in the league. 

That’s quite the statistical anomaly. 

Edited by CMc

It's pretty rare for me not to feel confident going into an Edinburgh derby. We own them. But I feel more confident than usual heading into this one.

For starters, they are keech. On top of that, I just like the way we have been playing since the restart. We are playing positively, creating chances, and scoring goals. The team is also showing a tremendous capability to recover from setbacks. Whether it's conceding a goal, losing a player to injury, or having a man sent off, this team just does not give up. I have seen Hearts teams in the past who if they went a goal behind you knew they weren't going to win the match. A draw was the best you could hope for. Not this Hearts team. They knuckle down and keep going right to the end. I love that. 

I'm thinking we will win by a couple. 2-0 or 3-1.

cheerupshuanmaloney

4-1 hearts 

shankland 3

mackay 1

Cadden to score late on for hibs.

Other than hibs playing dirty it should be a stroll in the park.

I think Clancy will have a big say in it. Incompetent as he is for either side to be fair. Joke ref and Walsh on VAR 😢😢😢 what could possibly go wrong

30 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

If this doesn't get the juices flowing nothing will.

If that Kingsley free kick had been Brazil in the World 🏆, or, Gawd forbid, Engerlund, then you'd never hear the end of it.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If that Kingsley free kick had been Brazil in the World 🏆, or, Gawd forbid, Engerlund, then you'd never hear the end of it.

It's a world class goal.

18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've already stated that 8-0 isn't out of the question, so I'm very much with you. 👍

One day, that aberration of a scoreline from the days of yore which those of a Hobo persuasion keep on using as a comfort blanket will be eclipsed.

Oh, and to repeat myself from another thread, if they can cast up that result, then we can surely already counter it with reference to our 1893 10-2 drubbing of them at their ground.

1973 is 50 years ago. 1893 was but 80 years prior to that, so quite comparible, methinks.

Anyhoo, as both sets of fans know only too well, our 2012 Scottish 🏆 1-5 victory put paid to any question of which team has the ultimate bragging rights.

Last season's double over them is likely to be repeated come January 22nd.

Yes, and look what happens to them when they’re down to 10 men.

If there’s a chance of giving these deluded muppets a doing on the 2nd, I hope that Robbie and the coaching staff are screaming at us to get forward. Time we really hammered these 🤡🤡

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, Marvin said:

The biggest problem  is they'll come flying out the traps from ko. Contain them for first 15/20 mins, then batter them. We should gub them. My prediction is 3-1 on the basis of our inability to keep a clean sheet. Shanks (2) and Gino to score. 

Sorry to disagree…..let us be their biggest problem, this is home, they are shite…..let them deal with us flying out the traps……..FTH

On 29/12/2022 at 00:18, Sooks said:

Win this next game and everything falls in to place

Personally I would like to get a big goal difference swing in there too

FTH

3-1 Hibs, it's due to fall into place for us too :)

17 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Kingsley will play if he passed the protocol tests.

Will be surprised if he doesn't play.

42 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Anyone know exactely what Hallkets problem is and how serious?

He had his knee scanned on Wednesday so they are waiting for the results. Hopefully nothing serious but would be amazed if he plays on Monday. Hopefully Kingsley is ok to play. Humphrys back is a boost would be a good option from the bench if needed.

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Kingsley will play if he passed the protocol tests.

Will be surprised if he doesn't play.

Yeah I’m thinking the same there’s no official time they have to sit out as long as they pass all the tests. Games coming 9 days after his head knock so hopefully he is ok.

16 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

3-1 Hibs, it's due to fall into place for us too :)

If you get one of our players sent off , then its not impossible 😉 

7 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Do Hibs get the entire roseburn end or have we reduced it to half and half? 

They get the full stand, and rightly so imo.

Humphrys available.

Halkett awaiting scan results, surprisingly not definitely out.

Kingsley has to pass concussion protocols, reading between the lines will be in the side. 

My prediction:

Clark

Smith  Rowles  Kingsley  Cochrane

Devlin  Snodgrass  Halliday

Gino  Shankland  McKay 

16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

They get the full stand, and rightly so imo.

The more of then to witness a humiliating defeat the better. FTH. HHGH.

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Humphrys available.

Kingsley has to pass concussion protocols, reading between the lines will be in the side. 

My prediction:

Clark

Gino  Shankland  McKay 

Where's CP ? 

:clumshot:

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Humphrys available.

My prediction:

Clark

Gino  Shankland  McKay 

I would probably start forrest ahead of McKay based on lasts game, and bring Humphreys on for Gino around 65

Thunder and Lightning

Think we will win this easily, hibs are simply not as good as us.  They can dive and cheat all they like, if we play to our strengths it wont be a contest.

Hearts by 2, if we score early, by at least 3.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would probably start forrest ahead of McKay based on lasts game, and bring Humphreys on for Gino around 65

I'd be very surprised if McKay doesn't start on Monday. Robbie said we gave him a rest on the heavy park but I suspect it was also a little kick up the arse. In my view he's far too talented to leave out a game like this and his cameo on Wednesday suggested he might have got his game head back on.

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'd be very surprised if McKay doesn't start on Monday. Robbie said we gave him a rest on the heavy park but I suspect it was also a little kick up the arse. In my view he's far too talented to leave out a game like this and his cameo on Wednesday suggested he might have got his game head back on.

That St Johnstone defender is still having nightmares. McKay ripped him to pieces. Was brilliant to watch

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
20 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Bumping this post. Any pubs showing it?

Probably not too handy, but the Harrow Hotel in Dalkeith will have it.

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

That St Johnstone defender is still having nightmares. McKay ripped him to pieces. Was brilliant to watch

Yep, it was his best 20 minutes in a long time. No doubt in my mind he was like, feck this, I need to get playing. I just can't forsee him not starting a home derby. Forrest played well too but I just think he's more likely to come off the bench.