***** Heart of Midlothian Football Club vs hibs *****

Sooks

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re scoring goals fine. 3-2-3 in our last 3 games, two of them away, so I’ve no doubt we’ll score more than one and they struggle without Porteous so get ahead and we could run riot. It’s whether we can keep them out is the big question. We have to be due a clean sheet sometime.

2-0 

I thought a clean sheet was coming at ht last night. We nearly lost three in second half though pen was never a pen. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Let's not fall into the trap of being over confident. We love it when they are full of confidence going into the derby.  It's a new game that has to be won by effort, skill and desire.  We have all of these but for each new match we have to go out and prove it once again.

True, but this is a Derby; we should be extremely motivated as usual

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Vital we don't give the referee any decision to make to give us a red.

Absolutely; this 'referee' has given us 3 reds in the last 2 games he has (mis) managed and we can't give him any excuse, being at home makes no difference; he seems a strange ref and person

Humphrys available would be good 👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Probably played his last game for them. 

Yip, signs for us jan 1st.......

35 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Vital we don't give the referee any decision to make to give us a red.

We have several players who are capable of split second stupidity. This is my only concern for the derby.

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well we all know that Porteous will be trying his hardest to get us down to 10 men with all his feigning injury antics and poking his finger in our players faces.

I think they could cause us some problems in the wide areas as Youan and Cadden get forward so we need to be alert.

Not sure who the ref is for this one yet but he needs to be strong as they will be kicking us all over the place.

Porteous is suspended.

Hibs have started well in there last 3 games, but faded terribly in the second half (even against 10 men Livi they conceded 2 pens in the second half). We have to match them for the first 15-20 mins and then take control of the game. Nothing to fear whatsoever but need to be switched on early doors. 

LochcarronJambo

Let's not fall into the trap of being over confident. We love it when they are full of confidence going into the derby.  It's a new game that has to be won by effort, skill and desire.  We have all of these but for each new match we have to go out and prove it once again.

Totally agree…the team is confident & we are expectant, however, need the desire like we have had recently & the application…. Plenty times in the past when we were favourites & not done it, mind you plenty times in past we were favourites & have 😁

they have lost 8 in 10 I think, so press them early on , they are fragile

LochcarronJambo

Totally agree…the team is confident & we are expectant, however, need the desire like we have had recently & the application…. Plenty times in the past when we were favourites & not done it, mind you plenty times in past we were favourites & have 😁

they have lost 8 in 10 I think, so press them early on , they are fragile

Same team as last night? Same shape? McKay in for Grant possibly? Kingsley in for Halliday and move Cochrane to LWB?

What are the thoughts on Forrest? I think I’d start him again. Gives us pace and an added threat going forward. Youan is also probably there biggest threat so gives us a bit more pace on that side of the park rather than Smith. I think Smith has the better football brain and is solid defensively but if we really want to go at them I would be tempted to start Forrest again. He does sometimes give the ball away, he sometimes makes the wrong decisions and he does sometimes go missing, but he works his socks off and when he does get the ball, he drives forward. This was evident last night and was one of the reasons we were really good in the first 30 mins. His final ball may not be the best either but at least he’s in those positions and he does add a goal threat. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re scoring goals fine. 3-2-3 in our last 3 games, two of them away, so I’ve no doubt we’ll score more than one and they struggle without Porteous so get ahead and we could run riot. It’s whether we can keep them out is the big question. We have to be due a clean sheet sometime.

2-0 

That scrot Porteous is a miss for them. I dont think hes good and actually easily pulled all over tge place defensively but hes a threat at set pieces, which will be their main weapon

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Am I imagining it or did I read that this game will be available on PPV?

Yeah it is.

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That scrot Porteous is a miss for them. I dont think hes good and actually easily pulled all over tge place defensively but hes a threat at set pieces, which will be their main weapon

Definitely. Johnson has him playing the holding role and he's been key for them.

With both him and Boyle missing, they'll be missing their style of play; whatever that is.

Anything less than 2 wins against this lot next month is a failure. They are rank and if we keep 11 men on the park we should boss them.

Hearts 3-0, Shanks hattrick.

Cup game:

Hearts 3-0, Shanks hattrick.

45 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Same team as last night? Same shape? McKay in for Grant possibly? Kingsley in for Halliday and move Cochrane to LWB?

What are the thoughts on Forrest? I think I’d start him again. Gives us pace and an added threat going forward. Youan is also probably there biggest threat so gives us a bit more pace on that side of the park rather than Smith. I think Smith has the better football brain and is solid defensively but if we really want to go at them I would be tempted to start Forrest again. He does sometimes give the ball away, he sometimes makes the wrong decisions and he does sometimes go missing, but he works his socks off and when he does get the ball, he drives forward. This was evident last night and was one of the reasons we were really good in the first 30 mins. His final ball may not be the best either but at least he’s in those positions and he does add a goal threat. 

I would leave Halliday in there he loves a goal against them.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would leave Halliday in there he loves a goal against them.

your right! he has done well, would be harsh to drop him! Just thinking if Kingsley is fit then I think he will play 

Just now, karipidis said:

So does Kingsley tbf 😂

He has hardly scored this season though.

As much as I like Kingsley, why change a winning team. Have him on the bench if he is fit enough.

11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

The thought of a fully firing Barrie running at Cadden… :jj:

He was great when he came on last night. We need him to turn up in the big games for us he’s a match winner on his own when he’s playing at the level he’s capable of. 

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Just a wee heads up to say my Wheafield seat will be on ticket exchange soon, can't go as I have my wee boy all day

Dennis Reynolds

As with all Edinburgh derbys I expect to absolutely humiliate Hibs and absolutely nothing has changed my thinking here. No pissing about. Having to miss it so will be watching on PPV. Hoping to see tears and snotters with a mass evacuation by around 65 mins. Anything less and as per, I'll be disappointed. They are well overdue a scudding.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah it is.

Ta.  Looking forward to this Sheffield suburb resounding to the noise of two Hearts supporters cheering on every Hearts goal.

HeartsandonlyHearts
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Start on the front foot and bury them within half an hour before the inevitable wobbly spell. 5-2. Hat trick from the skipper. 

I’m sorry but I don’t want to see Smith start another game for Hearts. Was a great signing and has been a great servant but he’s nowhere near the level he was at. Age obviously has a lot to do with it but it’s time for a permanent change. Bench only please.

I’m confident for this one but not overly confident as (I know it’s a cliche) but form doesn’t matter in this fixture and the could sneak a win

Halliday has to play.  He’s hated by them and I want a repeat of last season when he sickened them. These 2 goals were brilliant after the stick he was getting. Shut the rats up big time.

Halliday epitomises everything I want in a hearts jersey. Just a brilliant pro and gives it everything. For me he is a definite starter 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We have several players who are capable of split second stupidity. This is my only concern for the derby.

What is several? Name and shame.
I know what a couple is. “A few” always gets me. “A bunch” is another one that confuses. I’m assuming you mean Hearts players?

If we start the game like we did last night get a goal or two Hibs will fold. We play well and it’s a real chance to hammer them. Fingers crossed we deliver on the day 👍

4 hours ago, mir00005 said:

Any idea if pubs will be showing the game on Hearts TV given Sky's love affair with the Old Firm?

Bumping this post. Any pubs showing it?

3 hours ago, RDSK said:

The thought of a fully firing Barrie running at Cadden… :jj:

Quite liked our starting set up last night with him on the bench.  His niche just now could be coming on as players get more ragged and take 10,15 minutes to adjust to him coming on.   

The good thing is, he looked sharp and really up for it when he came on. 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Well we all know that Porteous will be trying his hardest to get us down to 10 men with all his feigning injury antics and poking his finger in our players faces.

I think they could cause us some problems in the wide areas as Youan and Cadden get forward so we need to be alert.

Not sure who the ref is for this one yet but he needs to be strong as they will be kicking us all over the place.

Porteous suspended so he can do what he wants from the stand 

Be surprised if Hibs don't score given how many chances we are giving up but am very confident we will cause them lots more trouble at the other end. If we play we'll win this 3 or 4-1, possibly more if we want it badly enough. I like the atmosphere around the entire club and I feel like RN and the players will now how important this one is. We let them off the hook big time back in August, we should put them to the sword and run all over them on Monday. Can't wait.