• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot

If we start well we could crush them.

Got a feeling they'll sit deep tho and look to nick it so it will be a tight game.

6-3 Hearts. 

Would love to see us start how we started tonight - fast and on the front foot looking for an early lead. 

Hopefully we can keep 11 on the pitch and not get dragged into the slog they will inevitably look to make it.

3-1 us.

August Landmesser

HWFG 

All the planets are aligning for this one; my wife's away to her mother's for the day/night, taking the pooch with her, 3pm ko, I'm on the beer, we're getting into form, Hibs are shite. Shaping up to be a good day.

Hibs have been absolutely tremendous this season when playing against 10 men or less.  Wonder what would happen if that situation was reversed?

Just saying.

Whilst they are bang average if Kingsley is out then our defence is bang average 

Last night Rowles again was bullied by Stevie May. Never won a header or a foot race against him 

This defence right now worries me 

30 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Whilst they are bang average if Kingsley is out then our defence is bang average 

Last night Rowles again was bullied by Stevie May. Never won a header or a foot race against him 

Kingsley being out is not so much of the issue as simply getting a settled back line. When SK has been in the team this season we've conceded plenty.

I'm not sure we've had the same back line two games in a row.

Disser Pointon
40 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Is there not a chance he back for this?

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Start on the front foot and bury them within half an hour before the inevitable wobbly spell. 5-2. Hat trick from the skipper. 

Fancy us winning 3-1 with snodgrass getting a thunderbolt. As others have said start like we did last night and put them under pressure from the start. Their back line is very poor so we need to capatalise on that.

Horatio Caine

Let's not fall into the trap of being over confident. We love it when they are full of confidence going into the derby.  It's a new game that has to be won by effort, skill and desire.  We have all of these but for each new match we have to go out and prove it once again.

Hoping the players will be right up for this one. An early goal and I think they could collapse. Attack, Attack, Attack!

There should be no excuses. Time to close their coffin before we nail it shut in the cup game :) 

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Let's not fall into the trap of being over confident. We love it when they are full of confidence going into the derby.  It's a new game that has to be won by effort, skill and desire.  We have all of these but for each new match we have to go out and prove it once again.

Again, it matters not how the fans feel.

It’s all about the management and players and how they approach the match. They won’t be over confident. But they’ll be full of confidence. And rightly so. 

Let’s av it! 🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Penalties/reds worry me for this one. We must avoid falling into their trap and keep 11 men on the pitch.

At least one of their main offenders in regards to play acting, thuggery and out right cheating is oot (in Porto).

I forsee a pumping. As long as we don't make school boy errors in defence then we will win by 3 or 4. Just need to watch out for their dirty underhanded tactics in getting players sent off. 

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I forsee a pumping. As long as we don't make school boy errors in defence then we will win by 3 or 4. Just need to watch out for their dirty underhanded tactics in getting players sent off. 

We make schoolboy errors in defence pretty much every game.

I reckon this game will be tighter than some of the predictions. They are pish, but they'll battle like **** and their snide, dirty tactics of getting players sent off worries me a bit.

Early goal to settle us down would be tremendous.

The fact that these shysters have played so many games against 10 men suggests that its more than just luck - i.e they aim to do it. Lets hope that Robbie has the players well drilled on silly challenges and reacting to any nonsense. 

If we can keep 11 men on the pitch, Hibs are going to struggle. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Start on the front foot and bury them within half an hour before the inevitable wobbly spell. 5-2. Hat trick from the skipper. 

Like that team, have to say. Reckon it'll be 3 at the back though.

We do our job, we win. Only the ref and outrageous luck can stop that

36 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wise words 

As much as I want us to hammer them any win will do for me. In terms of pushing for 3rd place 3 points is vitally important. We’ll completely distance ourselves from hibs and with Aberdeen on the decline our main competition for 3rd is going to end up being st mirren. This is a chance to build a gap 

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Yes, a high-scoring derby is on the cards.  Lots of scoring opps for both teams. 

January is a massive month with 6 Winnable games.

if Robbie comes away with manager of the month, then we should be in a great position to get 3rd

We just don't do clean sheets which is making it more difficult that it need be for us - I reckon it'll be 2-1 to Hearts,  but our defense needs to cut the crap.    Def feel we've too much for them middle to front and their defense is not great and Porto out will not help them.

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Like that team, have to say. Reckon it'll be 3 at the back though.

We do our job, we win. Only the ref and outrageous luck can stop that

I think it’ll be 3 as well. I think the defenders we likely have available would suit a 4 better but your absolutely right, turn up, take the game to them and they’ll crumble.  

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

They had three shots on target, one of which was a penalty. Our defence did well against a dangerous front pairing imo.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Stick with the winning 3-4-3 system imo. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, a high-scoring derby is on the cards.  Lots of scoring opps for both teams. 

We’re scoring goals fine. 3-2-3 in our last 3 games, two of them away, so I’ve no doubt we’ll score more than one and they struggle without Porteous so get ahead and we could run riot. It’s whether we can keep them out is the big question. We have to be due a clean sheet sometime.

2-0 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If we keep 11 men on the pitch we will beat the *****.

Vital we don't give the referee any decision to make to give us a red.

I think it will be 2 changes from last night with the system the same. Smith and McKay in for Forrest and Grant. Kingsley on the bench if he's recovered as can't drop Cochrane or Halliday at the moment and 3 left footed centre backs does not give us much balance. Hopefully Humphrys on the bench as well. 

They'll do their usual and try and kick us off the park again.

We need to make sure we don't retaliate and get a red.

If we don't, it'll be plain sailing.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hibs have been absolutely tremendous this season when playing against 10 men or less.  Wonder what would happen if that situation was reversed?

Just saying.

Well we all know that Porteous will be trying his hardest to get us down to 10 men with all his feigning injury antics and poking his finger in our players faces.

I think they could cause us some problems in the wide areas as Youan and Cadden get forward so we need to be alert.

Not sure who the ref is for this one yet but he needs to be strong as they will be kicking us all over the place.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well we all know that Porteous will be trying his hardest to get us down to 10 men with all his feigning injury antics and poking his finger in our players faces.

I think they could cause us some problems in the wide areas as Youan and Cadden get forward so we need to be alert.

Not sure who the ref is for this one yet but he needs to be strong as they will be kicking us all over the place.

Just looked this up and can answer my own question.

Heart of Midlothian F.C. v Hibernian F.C.
cinch Premiership
 02/01/2023  3:00pm  Tynecastle Park
Referee:Kevin Clancy
AR1Frank Connor
AR2David Roome
Fourth OfficialSteven McLean
VARNick Walsh
AVARGraeme Stewart

Bazzas right boot

Keep the heed. Don't let thier dark arts win and we're gonna pump them.

I expect diving, Play acting and other shenanigans from them as they try to con the officials .

They are a horrible team.

If we rise above that we'll win, get an early goal and I expect them to collapse. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Porteous is suspended.