• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart McNeill

• Tenaciousdandy

• Boof

• Rudi Skacel

If you're thinking of voting me purely based on my day 1 vote, look at the possibilities of what went down:

1. Wee jambo is a goon/assassin/spotter and I deliberately saved him. - voting either of us would be fair enough

2. Wee jambo is a goon/assassin/spotter and I saved him by mistake. - voting wee jambo would surely make more sense

3. Wee jambo is a mason and I deliberately saved him.  - you shouldn't vote for me

4. Wee jambo is a townie/other good role and I saved him through good fortune. - you shouldn't vote for me

On the balance of these, is voting for me really the most logical option?

Stuart McNeill
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If you're thinking of voting me purely based on my day 1 vote, look at the possibilities of what went down:

1. Wee jambo is a goon/assassin/spotter and I deliberately saved him. - voting either of us would be fair enough

2. Wee jambo is a goon/assassin/spotter and I saved him by mistake. - voting wee jambo would surely make more sense

3. Wee jambo is a mason and I deliberately saved him.  - you shouldn't vote for me

4. Wee jambo is a townie/other good role and I saved him through good fortune. - you shouldn't vote for me

typically as well it seems very rare that day 1 a mason or goon etc are involved.

The Hogfather

I agree it's been quiet and those who haven't said much, myself included, need to contribute a bit more. I didn't get home until late last night so have been napping on and off all day.

Happy to stick with my vote for Vlad for now, him being in the lead might coax him out the next couple of hours or so. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

All of the above is true.

Fact is it’s day 2 and we still have nothing really to work on other than a known Goon currently in the hands of the Masons and Cop. They aren’t letting that out for the time being.

I’ve nothing to go on really apart from what I thought was a little clique appearing. Interestingly since I mentioned that they have gone quiet.

Still completely unsure as to what I’ve said other than claiming a clique was forming to be picking up so many votes?

This shouldn’t turn into one of those games where those who contribute nothing make it to the end whilst others who put forward ideas get punished.

The Hogfather

Unvote Vlad

Whether he's a goon or not, his point about not letting the quiet ones just silent their way to the end is a fair one.

The Hogfather

This might be a dangerous route to go down, but I'm gonna assume Prince isn't on a team. You'd think his teammates would have urged him to at least post by now, which suggests he's on his own in some fashion. If he's going to be modkilled, a vote for him might be a waste at this point.

So I'm gonna focus my attention away from him at this point and look at those who have posted but haven't said much so far.

Unvote ray gin. 

vote Prince. 

Can’t recall Prince posting yet. Been very quiet so far. Hope GOFS is keeping an eye on this and will do something about non posters. 👍

12 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

This might be a dangerous route to go down, but I'm gonna assume Prince isn't on a team. You'd think his teammates would have urged him to at least post by now, which suggests he's on his own in some fashion. If he's going to be modkilled, a vote for him might be a waste at this point.

So I'm gonna focus my attention away from him at this point and look at those who have posted but haven't said much so far.

yes but sometimes its better to just lose one person rather than two, depending on roles obv. 

unvote vlad 

Vote boof 

I don't think boof is ill because why would go and see your mum so I think boof is trying to hide in the shadows and say he's ill but why would you go and see your mum because that's putting her at risk so I think boof is a goon 

Just now, Wee jambo said:

unvote vlad 

Vote boof 

I don't think boof is ill because why would go and see your mum so I think boof is trying to hide in the shadows and say he's ill but why would you go and see your mum because that's putting her at risk so I think boof is a goon 

good thinking

vote boof

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

yes but sometimes its better to just lose one person rather than two, depending on roles obv. 

Which is a good point, but the masons and the cop know of one goon so far. If we lose Prince and he turns out to be another townie, you'd hope the masons and the cop will vote for the one goon they know of. I just don't want to waste a vote on someone who might be bombed out in any case.

5 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

unvote vlad 

Vote boof 

Impeccable reasoning there wee man.

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

prince will be mod killed if he doesnt post by tonight, and anyone who doesnt vote tonight will not be able to tomorrow

Tenaciousdandy
11 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

unvote vlad 

Vote boof 

That could be a good point there, will be interesting to see what boof comes back with 

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

prince will be mod killed if he doesnt post by tonight, and anyone who doesnt vote tonight will not be able to tomorrow

Has he even been online since the game started? Maybe tag him in discord he might get a ping from that 

Just checked and prince hasn't seen my PM. Maybe someone has his number and could check if he's okay?

26 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

unvote vlad 

Vote boof 

That’s a very good point, young man.

The drivers have spent all morning flinging accusations around. It is the start of the Belgian grand prix and the drivers are lined up as the national anthem plays. Suddenly a loud bang rings out and chaos erupts. Pierre Gasly drops to the ground. Ray Gin, Mason, is dead.  

Edited by Good Old Fashioned Scandal

4 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

The drivers have spent all morning flinging accusations around. It is the start of the Belgian grand prix and the drivers are lined up as the national anthem plays. Suddenly a loud bang rings out and chaos erupts. Pierre Gasly drops to the ground. Ray Gin, Mason, is dead.  

woah? That an assassin shot?

On 28/12/2022 at 13:05, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo

3. Seats       

4(4). Rudi Skacel 

5. AlimOzturk        

6. AndyNic  

7. The Hogfather      

8. JudyJudyJudy      

9. Peakybunnet       

10. Prince Buaben

11. Ray Gin

12. Jambosean75   

13. Boof

15. Iantjambo

16. Vlad

17. Dunks

18. Tenaciousdandy    

19. Tommy Brown    

20. Wee Jambo

As is often the case in these games, a wee look back can pay dividends.

So, looking at that player list, who has been finger-pointing? Ian has accused me of being quieter than usual. Fair enough - match last night was quickly followed by game night so nowt to say.

Long lie in this morning, haircut, visit mum - it's just a wee cold, though having a Y chromosome means I obviously feel any twinge far worse than those double X folk.

Now home and ready to goon-hunt.

Why Ian?

The lack of a number 14 means that, were I the cop who found a goon last night, Ian would be toastified upon my death. So does it make sense for him to draw attention to me? I think not. Does it make sense for other goons to draw attention to me - once more, I think not.

So, for the TL/DR brigade - if Ian's a goon, he couldn't risk me being unearthed as the cop. So I believe he's not a goon. For now.

Anyone else fingering me...if they're a goon, they'll know I'm not and can finger me with impunity. If they're not a goon - I'll actually not feel too bad about taking one for the town if you want to avoid hitting a good-roled player. I'm entirely dispensable.

However, as someone else has pointed out...if Prince Buaben is looking like heading for a mod-kill, wouldn't it make sense to vote for him so we don't potentially lose 2 grid-friendly folk?

I appreciate that this approach will give the goons a hiding place if anyone cares to re-read back this far but that's one of the swings and roundabouts options. 

For now, I'll

Unvote iantjambo

and 

Vote Prince Buaben

And just as a by the way, Prince has history of winning a game as a goon before opening the mod's PM :lol: 

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo

3. Seats       

4(4). Rudi Skacel 

5. AlimOzturk        

6. AndyNic  

7. The Hogfather      

8. JudyJudyJudy      

9. Peakybunnet townie day 1 goon-whack       

10. Prince Buaben

11. Ray Gin mason day 2 assassination

12. Jambosean75   

13. Boof

15. Iantjambo

16. Vlad

17. Dunks townie day 1 lynch

18. Tenaciousdandy    

19. Tommy Brown    

20. Wee Jambo

Edited by Boof

Just now, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

@iantjamboYour vote on ray is invalid and you do not currently have an active vote

Vote prince

Going to be mod killed anyway. No point losing two players.

Shite at losing a Mason.

Stuart McNeill

What a shot from the assassin but RG was laying it on a bit thick and gave the impression of being roled tbf.

Lets hope it doesn't continue though.