Formula 1 Mafia

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

The Formula 1 JKB Cup has started, but rumours of trouble are spread across the paddock. Someone is sabotaging the cars, and it is up to the drivers to find out who amongst them would do such a thing. However, they must be careful. Some good drivers may be persuaded to join the bad ones if they are approached by the gang.

Rules

Drivers (Townies)- Must work together in order to out the gang sabotaging the million dollar cars.

Red Bull Goods (Masons)- The Red Bull drivers have grouped together to try and investigate the other drivers on the paddock. They call themselves the RBG. Can talk to each other and will receive investigation results. X3

Rebels (Goons)- Are fed up with the FIA and vow to sabotage the whole season. Can talk to each other and choose one person to kill each night. If they find a turncoat, he will be convinced to join their ranks. X3

Reserve Drivers (Assassin and Spotter)- Are determined to get a seat in F1 no matter the cost. Get 3 investigations and 3 bullets which they may use at any time. If 3 roled players are investigated they will be granted another investigation, and if 3 roled players are killed they will be granted another bullet. X2

Iceman (Cop)- His cool exterior (and interior) allow him to have an objective view of the others. Will get one investigation per night whose results will also be passed to his closest friends- the RBG. X1

Safety Car (Doctor)- The Aston Martin safety car is as useful as it is gorgeous. Can choose one player per night to protect, and this can’t be the same player 2 nights in a row.  Protection does not extend to daytime so players will not be protected from daytime assassination. Doctor protection will not prevent a turncoat from turning. X1

-----------------------

You may not reveal your role aside from the general ‘I’m a townie’ chat. You will all get names but please don’t reveal which driver you are as the roles that have been assigned to drivers are not random, so your role could be worked out fairly easily (Everyone knows Kimi Raikkonen is iceman, etc). You must post and vote every day, or you will receive a voting ban the next day, and then will be mod killed on further instances. Voting must be in bold and the post containing a vote will not be counted if it is edited. You must unvote before you change your vote. Please place votes on separate lines in messages containing other information, so I don't miss any.

Day ends at 8pm. All voting and discussion ends at this time. All night activity must then be submitted to me. No chat is allowed until day.  Ghosts may speak without influencing the game with the usual wooo system but are asked to haunt somewhere else at night.

I will deal with night activities in this order- DOC, COP, GOONS, ASSASSIN/SPOTTER

Drivers win once all Rebels are lynched, Reserve Drivers will win when they are the only roled players left, and the Rebels win when they have the majority. 

Last rule- Please be nice, this is my first time running a game on my own. Also whoever is Charles Leclerc please last to the end of the game so I get to announce him champion thanks.

PM's and player list out shortly :) 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart McNeill

• Tenaciousdandy

• Boof

• Rudi Skacel

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo

3. Seats       

4(4). Rudi Skacel 

5. AlimOzturk        

6. AndyNic  

7. The Hogfather      

8. JudyJudyJudy      

9. Peakybunnet       

10. Prince Buaben

11. Ray Gin

12. Jambosean75   

13. Boof

15. Iantjambo

16. Vlad

17. Dunks

18. Tenaciousdandy    

19. Tommy Brown    

20. Wee Jambo

Right then, @iantjambo - I guess I'll be investigating you...

...is what would be happening if I were Kimi Raikkonen. But I'm not, so if you're one of the bad guys you're safe from BS.

I am merely an expendable driver (townie) but wouldn't mind seeing day 2.

I'm here early for a change! 

Looking forward to this one. Looks a great setup.

Ok, since I actually know how to use BS this time I'd use it properly if I could. But I can't so there's no point saying it but I have.

Surely I canny be the Cop 2 games in a row :ph34r:

Also a daytime assassin! Oh baby.

Anyway:

VOTE WEE JAMBO 

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Right then, @iantjambo - I guess I'll be investigating you...

...is what would be happening if I were Kimi Raikkonen. But I'm not, so if you're one of the bad guys you're safe from BS.

I am merely an expendable driver (townie) but wouldn't mind seeing day 2.

Begging for you life already eh...

Not read the OP completely through but I am innocent townie. 

Vote seats. 

Just first vote obviously nothing to go on yet. 

Would use BS

Stuart McNeill

I wonder who GOFS is a fan of. 🤔.

Not even including Mercedes safety car. I may add though, the aston Martin is better looking. 

Is the characters based on this year driving line up? 

Anyway, i wouldn't use BS I'd investigate Ray Gin. But can't. Just a townie. 

18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This started quick!

Well in GOFS for organising and modding her first game. 

Usual vote for the last person to vote vote.

VOTE Andynic

Hmmm. The last person to vote was Alim but you vote me. Then Stuart votes me straight after...

:interehjrling:

I don’t follow Formula 1, so not sure about all the names or cars, but looks good set up GOFS! 

I would use BS if I could, but can’t.

I will Vote Rudi 

He normally votes me, so will just get in first. 

Nice set up gofs.

Not that it makes any difference but I would use BS if I was the cop. Once again though, just a townie.

vote Yvonne random day 1 vote and she was last to post.

It's at this time that I'd normally vote for Dandy since I can't investigate him. However, I've been looking at the stats in my Mafia Database and it shows that in 93% of cases, a player celebrating being a townie in their first post turns out not to be.

So my vote stays on The Hogfather :D

Just now, iantjambo said:

Completely random and pointless day 1 goon list:

Yvonne

Dunks

Seats

Hogfather

Interesting 

14 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I wonder who GOFS is a fan of. 🤔.

Not even including Mercedes safety car. I may add though, the aston Martin is better looking. 

Is the characters based on this year driving line up? 

aston safety car is clearly superior!! 

Characters are mainly just ones i like, majority are 2023 lineup but I brought back some of my retired faves, or ones i thought would fit roles well 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

BS??

what does this mean? sorry

Basically, the cop investigates the person below themnight one, thus identifying themselves to the masons.

Enjoy Dunks. Me and the wee boy going to the game tonight also so I'll miss deadline. Leaving here at 3pm and driving up and back down so likely won't post for rest of the day unless we get up earlier than expected.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Right, off to Perth for a couple of days. Any further posts from me today will likely be beer fuelled :lol:

So, you’ll probably post on the main thread instead of the goon chat? :whistling:

15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Hmmm. The last person to vote was Alim but you vote me. Then Stuart votes me straight after...

He must have posted whilst I was typing.

9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Enjoy Dunks. Me and the wee boy going to the game tonight also so I'll miss deadline. Leaving here at 3pm and driving up and back down so likely won't post for rest of the day unless we get up earlier than expected.

Wee Jambo in the huff as I'm away for a sesh with my Sainties supporting mate. Table booked in the Glovers and room next door 👍🏼

Stuart McNeill
20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

BS??

what does this mean? sorry

Its a system in which the masons can identify who the cop is. 

So the cop will say they'd use BS or wouldn't but vote X. 

And the masons identify who the cop is as the cop investigates the person below them on the players list. 

Been told to review deadline as there is a hearts game tonight. Will have night if there is a lynch but otherwise deadline is 8pm tomorrow 

25 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Been told to review deadline as there is a hearts game tonight. Will have night if there is a lynch but otherwise deadline is 8pm tomorrow 

I don’t know if there are people in the game that are back to work. If not, would it be possible to have a deadline at day 12 midday and then another at 8 o clock.

8 tomorrow night seems an awful long time and the worry is that the chat dries up.

ok I'll keep deadline at 8pm tonight. If anyone knows they won't be here stick a vote on now and send in your night stuff early, that way we can keep it going and people who aren't at the game can still play 

11 minutes ago, Boof said:

Vote Stuart

No reason - just had to ask juniorest Boof for a random number between 1 and 20. He gave me 1.

Blaming your bairn is something a goon would do :lol:

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

Vote Stuart

No reason - just had to ask juniorest Boof for a random number between 1 and 20. He gave me 1.

However - I will try to keep abreast of happenings and have no inclination to be part of a lynch mob unless I can get some goonly vibes from Stuart.

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Blaming your bairn is something a goon would do :lol:

Lynching your bairn is something a goon would do...eh, Dunks, Seats...?

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

To ease your suspicion. 

Unvote andy

Vote vlad 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Completely random and pointless day 1 goon list:

Yvonne

Dunks

Seats

Hogfather

Only 3 goons in this game, maybe you put 4 to deflect from you being 1 of them?

My goon list 

Ian

Rudi

Tommy