*** JKB Secret Santa 2022 ***

Ulysses

Preparations are well advanced for JKB's annual Christmas extravanganza of camaraderie, togetherness and goodwill (with cash prizes once again, thanks to the JKB management team).  But first, we're trying to see who might be interested.  :santa2: 

Entry is open to all subscribed (i.e. paid) members.  If you've previously taken part you'll know how easy it is to play.  If you haven't played before, er, it's really easy to play.  :smiliz34:

Entry is free.  The main prize will be £150, and there will also be a consolation prize of £60. :santa: 

So if you're a subscribed member and you fancy playing, please post here.  :smiliz64:

Ho Ho feckin' Ho.  :smiliz19:

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• tian447

• RobboM

• Shanks said no

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

How does it work ? 

Doesn't matter - just say yes!

This is me saying yes, yessity yes for me.

And here's one from a couple of years ago for the uninitiated.

Edited by Boof

22 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

How does it work ? 

Like a virtual Secret Santa.

You sign up.

After a few days, I draw someone else's name and send it to you privately, so you are their Secret Santa. Some other random player is selected to be your Secret Santa.

You go online, find a nice pressie, and privately send me a picture of it.  There is no actual buying, so money is literally no object here.

So you can buy something fabulous.  Or, as wonderfully put by one regular player, "any old shite really". :smiliz19: 

I gift wrap all the pressies into a video and post it, usually at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night sometime.

Everyone then tries to out their Secret Santa, or indeed other Secret Santas - there are rules about how and when you can guess.  At this point the object of the game is to eliminate other players while avoiding detection yourself, and there are many strategies players can use to achieve that. :smiliz23: 

The last Secret Santa to be detected wins the main prize of £150.  Someone else (using some kind of raffle/draw) wins the consolation prize of £60.

It's like PHREE MUNNY, basically.  :santa: 

Ho Ho, and again, Ho.  :smiliz19: 

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Everyone then tries to out their Secret Santa, or indeed other Secret Santas - there are rules about how and when you can guess.  At this point the object of the game is to eliminate other players while avoiding detection yourself, and there are many strategies players can use to achieve that. :smiliz23: 

There are WHAT, now?? I've been doing this for many years and not once did you tell me there were STRATEGIES!!

Count me in.

Just now, I P Knightley said:

There are WHAT, now?? I've been doing this for many years and not once did you tell me there were STRATEGIES!!

Count me in.

Oops.  I meant that line to say 

...and there are many "strategies" players can use to achieve that. 

:smiliz19: 

14 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Aye

Got so close last year I could almost smell the prize........winner

I do recall some quality detective work of yours last year.  :smiliz19: 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Like a virtual Secret Santa.

You sign up.

After a few days, I draw someone else's name and send it to you privately, so you are their Secret Santa. Some other random player is selected to be your Secret Santa.

You go online, find a nice pressie, and privately send me a picture of it.  There is no actual buying, so money is literally no object here.

So you can buy something fabulous.  Or, as wonderfully put by one regular player, "any old shite really". :smiliz19: 

I gift wrap all the pressies into a video and post it, usually at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night sometime.

The last Secret Santa to be detected wins the main prize of £150.  Someone else (using some kind of raffle/draw) wins the consolation prize of £60.

It's like PHREE MUNNY, basically.  :santa: 

Ho Ho, and again, Ho.  :smiliz19: 

Yes 

2 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

thanking you! Always a nice little tradition you have hah!

Even if I do feckin' miss the date by a day sometimes.  :runaway: :smiliz19: