Youtubers

ri Alban

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I agree but it's so easy to disappear down a rabbit hole sometimes and you suddenly realise it's gone dark outside when you look up. 

The Music and live gig ones, the aviation pilot videos and the freight train riders in the US are the ones I get carried away with most . I am now into stealth campers and of course the booze review ones which take up even more time.

Just amazing amount of content.
From older documentaries to actual channels like Bald and Bankrupt. 

You stumble on stuff because of the algorithm all the time. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dick Dastardly

• ri Alban

• JudyJudyJudy

• All roads lead to Gorgie

heartsfc_fan

If you like cars and the whole buying and selling process look up "High Peak Autos" on YouTube.

Guy had been quite successful and I enjoy watching his videos.

Sometimes buys a complete shed and tidies it up for sale.

Couple more good car ones are "Car Throttle" and "Auto Alex".

They don't take themselves seriously but there is a bit of old Top Gear vibe about them. Cheap car challenges, fixing them up. Some good comedy.

Auto Shenanigans. Covers the history of the UK's motorways and A-road networks. Far more interesting than you may think.

Atomic Shrimp. A total mixed bag from a regular bloke. From cooking to gardening to foraging to scambaiting to playing about with electronics.

World War Two. Covering the entire war week-by-week in a faux newsroom setting, with lots of special episodes covering various other things more in-depth. Most recently did a 24 hour show on D-Day.

Wristwatch Revival. A bloke fixing up old mechanical watches. Stick the Repair Shop up yer bum, this is the good stuff.

Trash Theory. Music documentaries, charting the emergence of a particular artist or an entire music genre. Excellent.

Rescue & Restore. Full restorations of knackered old objects, uploads very infrequently. No music, no voiceover, just the work being done. Very Zen.

Life in Jars? Young Dutch guy who fills glass jars with rainwater or pondwater and sees what life appears, sometimes over many years.

Steve1989MREInfo. A dude who tracks down, buys and consumes military rations. And not just modern ones. He's eaten stuff from as far back as WW1.

Primitive Technology. Auzzie guy who builds things without any tools. From wooden shacks to clay pots, to making his own bricks, and he's now investigating metal smelting. No music or voiceover. Turn subtitles on to see text commentary of what he's doing.

Ashens. Bloke buys cheap tat from Poundland or local markets. Shows it off for your amusement. Ocassional crap food episodes. Outstanding.

RMC - The Cave. Retro computer gaming. Restorations of old systems from the 70s and 80s. History of gaming studios and product manufacturers. Even built a museum.

Time Team Official. Same people that made the much beloved and previously cancelled show on Channel 4. Making it themselves now, funded directly by their viewers.

57 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just amazing amount of content.
From older documentaries to actual channels like Bald and Bankrupt. 

You stumble on stuff because of the algorithm all the time. 

Bald and bankrupt around Belarus and the likes was tremendous pal. Tempting to move there with how cheap stuff was . Get trollied in a fiver 😂

jack D and coke
Just now, Irufushi said:

Bald and bankrupt around Belarus and the likes was tremendous pal. Tempting to move there with how cheap stuff was . Get trollied in a fiver 😂

It would need to be the place looked fecking grim🤣

Am I thinking of the right one? He was in the gangsters house?

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It would need to be the place looked fecking grim🤣

Am I thinking of the right one? He was in the gangsters house?

Remember the gangster but not sure it was Belarus. Belarus was the old boy in the Chernobyl zone who was a jakey wi Parkinson’s or something. He got help in the end that guy. The best of YouTube that stuff was. 

Edited by Irufushi

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Remember the gangster but not sure it was Belarus. Belarus was the old boy in the Chernobyl zone who was a jakey wi Parkinson’s or something. He got help in the end that guy. The best of YouTube that stuff was. 

Oh aye haha remember it now. Maybe Lithuania was the gangster one then…

Some mafia lunatic. 

I like YouTubers who educate as opposed to try and stir up shit with controversial videos. Rick Beato’s music channel is world class. And there’s an American called The History Guy who does videos about obscure events in history. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh aye haha remember it now. Maybe Lithuania was the gangster one then…

Some mafia lunatic. 

That tart he was hanging about with for a good while was sensational too. 

jack D and coke

That tart he was hanging about with for a good while was sensational too. 

We all know who’s sensational pal…😐

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

We all know who’s sensational pal…😐

Any woman with a pulse and **** all on in this heat tbh . 

jack D and coke

Any woman with a pulse and **** all on in this heat tbh . 

I concur pal😂

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I like YouTubers who educate as opposed to try and stir up shit with controversial videos. Rick Beato’s music channel is world class. And there’s an American called The History Guy who does videos about obscure events in history. 

There's a few bands who don't allow Rick to use their stuff. It's pathetic. 

Bruce Fummey is the man to tell you a little story, if you like Scottish history.👍

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Rick is great the way he breaks down songs into the chords patterns. He is really honest about music, he hates artificial voice tuning and that's to be applauded. His interviews are spot on and he gets good musicians to do them with. 

He does go on about the Beato Book and his Ear Training course an awfy lot though 😄

All roads lead to Gorgie

Does anyone watch the Sherpa the dog channel. It's funny and light hearted and the guy Jamie travels around the UK in his red van from his place in Cornwall a lot. The Huskymute dog ,Sherpa,  is quite a character to say the least and the captions as he uses his voice are really funny.

I spend most of my time watching YouTube videos, don't own a TV, don't have to. There are some gems amongst the piles of crap, same as TV.  Discovered this blokes channel a few weeks back, has some great content..

All roads lead to Gorgie

A couple of randoms I watch. Big Rig Travels= A truck driver filming his deliveries around the States.

Paul's Beer Reviews = A Phil Mitchell lookalike Spurs fan tasting beer. 

JudyJudyJudy

Loads of classic old black and white films on YouTube . Esp film noir classics like the one below . Also plenty old tv programmes . 

All roads lead to Gorgie

NPR Music Tiny desk concerts= Some big names in the music business doing acoustic sets behind as it says a tiny desk. 

Edit not always acoustic toned down more like.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

If New York is your favourite city or you are planning a trip there then Walking Commuter is a good channel to get a feel for it. The guy Gabe live streams his walks to work by different routes and responds to comments by those watching. 

Dick Dastardly
11 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Loads of classic old black and white films on YouTube . Esp film noir classics like the one below . Also plenty old tv programmes . 

I was working my way through this playlist a while ago. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I was working my way through this playlist a while ago. 

Never seen it . Is it a bit outre like “ twin peaks” ? 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never seen it . Is it a bit outre like “ twin peaks” ? 

Not really. It was a bit quirky but funny. Some of the acting is hilarious. 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not really. It was a bit quirky but funny. Some of the acting is hilarious. 

Might give it a go after finishing the dreadful “ yellow jackets “ ! 

Dick Dastardly
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Might give it a go after finishing the dreadful “ yellow jackets “ ! 

It's worth a go, even if it's a bit dated now. I used to watch it when it came out so more a trip down memory lane than anything else. Love the theme tune

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

It's worth a go, even if it's a bit dated now. I used to watch it when it came out so more a trip down memory lane than anything else. Love the theme tune

👍 I remember he was a bit Tidy 😂

Dick Dastardly
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

👍 I remember he was a bit Tidy 😂

Trust you to objectify him....😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Trust you to objectify him....😂😂

Well that the only reason I recall the show ? What do you remember about 

“ Baywatch” ? 😎😂😂

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well that the only reason I recall the show ? What do you remember about 

“ Baywatch” ? 😎😂😂

David Hasslehoffs award winning acting. 

And Yasmeen Bleeth. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

David Hasslehoffs award winning acting. 

And Yasmeen Bleeth. 

IMG_4423.gif

All roads lead to Gorgie

Big Rig Travels going through Nevada live right now. Stunning scenery!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

On 16/06/2023 at 22:30, Bauld said:

Followed Ray William Johnson from about 2009 when he first started his =3 channel.

Watched him go from nobody to millionaire and now does stand up comedy across the US among many other projects.

The thing about him is he's always been this really sound, humble, kind hearted, positive guy who does loads to help people as well. One of the good ones.

One from back in the day, how he got started.

And him now......

I watched James Rolfe and he had a similar sort of journey. Think he had the occasional crossover with the above. 

Think he's got a bit tired now with AVGN but I stay subscribed just as a salute to someone I enjoyed as a teenager and into my early 20s! 

I sat recently watching a guy clear beaver dams which was causing water to flood roads, no idea how I managed to lose an hour or so but it was weirdly good viewing.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I sat recently watching a guy clear beaver dams which was causing water to flood roads, no idea how I managed to lose an hour or so but it was weirdly good viewing.

Post 10 by any chance? I've watched loads if his videos. As you say, weirdly good viewing

Post 10 by any chance? I've watched loads if his videos. As you say, weirdly good viewing

Haha aye that's the guy!  Clearing drains during heavy rainfall, the videos get millions of views.

Then there are the guys who rock up and clean drives for free or clear gardens that are totally overgrown.

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Haha aye that's the guy!  Clearing drains during heavy rainfall, the videos get millions of views.

Then there are the guys who rock up and clean drives for free or clear gardens that are totally overgrown.

Yup, the algorithm has sent me to them as well. 😂😂😂 They do a cracking job

Discovered this yeasterday thanks to YT algorithm, the link is the first in 10 videos, really interesting..

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I watch the guys who cuts folks gardens for free in America. There's a couple. They get abuse fae jealous neighbours sometimes. 😆

There was one where they cut the garden and the person was dead. They could smell it. Ended with the polis at the Hoose.

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I watch the guys who cuts folks gardens for free in America. There's a couple. They get abuse fae jealous neighbours sometimes. 😆

I don't like it when the just cut it all and don't ask first. I'd be raging at that

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't like it when the just cut it all and don't ask first. I'd be raging at that

Not me, I'd be :jambobanana:

Even if they were wearing a union flag suit? 

Even better 😉

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Not a fan of Monopoly, but if I could afford it, I think this could be fun..

Monopoly was originally The Landlord's Game, and had 2 sets of rules.

One was where wealth was shared when it was gained and the other more akin to what we know. It was meant to prove that allowing individuals to build up a monopoly was a bad thing that centralised power and that cooperation was the way forward. 

We just like rampant capitalism better though.