Youtubers

ri Alban

Say what you like about some of these YouTubers. They've made themselves very rich. Something everyone could possibly achieve. 

Rick Shiels, Jake Paul and many others. Good luck to them.

What's your thoughts on it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dick Dastardly

• ri Alban

• JudyJudyJudy

• henrysmithsgloves

Just now, ri Alban said:

Say what you like about some of these YouTubers. They've made themselves very rich. Something everyone could possibly achieve. 

YouTube generates massive amounts of money, fair play to them. Having said that, Jake Paul is an utter bell.

Just now, Smithee said:

YouTube generates massive amounts of money, fair play to them. Having said that, Jake Paul is an utter bell.

I was gonnae do a masked Roofer channel. Showing how it's done and when I was fit I was gonnae do a 10 week heavy duty weight training channel. But I shat it.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I was gonnae do a masked Roofer channel. Showing how it's done and when I was fit I was gonnae do a 10 week heavy duty weight training channel. But I shat it.

That's a shame, I enjoy those channels

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Never thought I'd see Rick Shiels and Jake Paul in the same sentence 

Rick's struggling atm. Badly. If he doesn't get his confidence back soon, I can see him chucking it.

Like any walk of life: there are plenty good guys and plenty wanks.

And also like in regular life, the wanks get all the attention and the good guys just carry on under the radar.

18 minutes ago, Cade said:

Like any walk of life: there are plenty good guys and plenty wanks.

And also like in regular life, the wanks get all the attention and the good guys just carry on under the radar.

This, but there's LOADS of good stuff. Guys like Rose Anvil (who started as a leather worker and now deconstructs footwear, from Yeezys to WWII trench boots) and Steve Mould, who makes me nearly understand things I shouldn't be anywhere near.

Malinga the Swinga

Suppose it's like any walk of life. There are those who work incredibly hard at promoting themselves and the brand they produce. Guys like the Sidemen, Chunkz, Young Filly and others produce content people want and enjoy and although they act like dafties sometimes, they are anything but daft. They are smart with money, constantly reinvent themselves and diversify into loads of different steams to produce revenue.

Then there's the 'only fans' workers who cover a slightly more adult stream of work. Still, it's up to them and if they are successful, then I wouldn't criticise them.

For every success though, there will be loads who are unsuccessful and fail to make a living, either because they don't work hard enough at content or they simply aren't good enough.

Even more than some professions, you only get a good living out of it if you are prepared to work hard in first place.

Ricks channel is the only one ill watch religiously. Follow other golfers like Matt fryer and peter finch, finch is the better golfer but Ricks content is better. Also watch Aarons Hearts vlogs. 

13 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Ricks channel is the only one ill watch religiously. Follow other golfers like Matt fryer and peter finch, finch is the better golfer but Ricks content is better. Also watch Aarons Hearts vlogs. 

Rick gets lessons that tells him not to do what he's taught his viewers on his channel, pro golfer who's target last time I watched was to break 75. Makes a living off it so fair play to him but not for me. Finch is a twat aswell, Tubes is the man.

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Rick gets lessons that tells him not to do what he's taught his viewers on his channel, pro golfer who's target last time I watched was to break 75. Makes a living off it so fair play to him but not for me. Finch is a twat aswell, Tubes is the man.

Ricks coaching videos are all aimed at newbies or high handicapers. A scratch golfer ain't watching rick to pick up tips. I like the break 75 series, sometimes he does well, others not so much. It's a reminder that golf is hard, even for pro.

51 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Ricks coaching videos are all aimed at newbies or high handicapers. A scratch golfer ain't watching rick to pick up tips. I like the break 75 series, sometimes he does well, others not so much. It's a reminder that golf is hard, even for pro.

YouTube is not the place for golf lessons, especially of someone trying to break 75, he's getting better though 👏

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

My ASMR channel didn’t take off type-post. 

Genuinely didnt know what ASMR was.

Looked it up and found out folk make money from putting microphones closer to everyday stuff they do.

I'm done with this planet. A city sized meteorite strike would be nothing short of a mercy killing right now.

You tube can be handy for help guides to things which need fixed around the house ! I’ve found it great for as well as I plenty old films I love and a fair treasure trove of unseen video material Of Judy G too . And many other singers or groups 

henrysmithsgloves
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You tube can be handy for help guides to things which need fixed around the house ! I’ve found it great for as well as I plenty old films I love and a fair treasure trove of unseen video material Of Judy G too . And many other singers or groups 

Sometimes it's invaluable when repairing stuff,saved me a fortune not long ago on an faulty airbag sensor that was well hidden😎

1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Sometimes it's invaluable when repairing stuff,saved me a fortune not long ago on an faulty airbag sensor that was well hidden😎

Yes that’s what I was meaning re household stuff. Felt very butch that I repaired my own boiler by following instructions on it 😂

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes that’s what I was meaning re household stuff. Felt very butch that I repaired my own boiler by following instructions on it 😂

images.jpeg

8 hours ago, escobri said:

Danny Maude helped my game big time. For entertainment Golf mates is number 1. I stopped watching Rick cause if his mate, but he's not be on recently, so started watching again.

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Paige Spiranac is another who's etched a career out of it after originally being on the pro circuit. 

If you don't want to listen, I'd imagine you could still watch with the sound down. 😉 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Paige Spiranac is another who's etched a career out of it after originally being on the pro circuit. 

If you don't want to listen, I'd imagine you could still watch with the sound down. 😉 

:D

9 hours ago, Hansel said:

My son watches some of the gamer youtube guys and their voices go straight through me

My grandson watches that stuff. I want to throw his iPad out the window because of their awful voices. 

Good luck to anyone making money on YouTube. Apart from "gamers" 😁

14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

takes a lot of views to get real money, good luck to them all, i love You tube, 

I had a wildlife video that I recorded on holiday hit 10 million views. Ended up getting a management company to sell it on and collect advertising revenue. Made a few grand off it so it covered the cost of the holiday :) 

There’s a couple of kids called Vlad and Niki whose parents did a couple of review videos for toys they had bought. They started about 5 years ago. Pretty soon they were getting toys and other stuff sent to them for free for testing and their stuff is so globally popular now that they have a net worth of $17 million. Go into any big toy shop in the world now and you’ll find Vlad and Niki endorsed products. The original kids are getting older now so they’ve recently produced another 2 to carry on the franchise. They now have their own production company, huge house with a pool. Great cars, free holidays all over the world, all because the filmed their kids playing with toys !!

Edited by JimmyCant

It's a real generational thing as well.

My kids never watch tv unless it's sport - it's all you tubers doing skits etc

Not my thing but is it any worse than watching Tiswas on a saturday morning? Or Vic & Bob messing about?

The Natural Order

Anyone who refers to themselves as a "Content Creator" or "Influencer" is welt beyond the levels set by Derek Riordan. Absolute poster Children for abortion.

henrysmithsgloves
12 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I watch toyah Wilcox in that cold house with the sound turned down😎👀

1000lb sisters.

Made their name on YouTube and now have their own TV show.

In case you hadn’t worked it out it’s about two sisters and they weigh 1000lb total between them.

Ones a fair bit bigger than the other.

Interesting.

14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

1000lb sisters.

Made their name on YouTube and now have their own TV show.

In case you hadn’t worked it out it’s about two sisters and they weigh 1000lb total between them.

Ones a fair bit bigger than the other.

Interesting.

I went to the doctor and told him that a had one ball bigger than the other. He asked me to show him, but I said naw, You'll laugh. He promised he would not, so I took out the first one and slammed it it on the table.  He burst out laughing. I said I don't know what you're laughing at, that's the wee wan.

Edited by ri Alban

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, escobri said:

:worthless_thread:

Here's one with the heating on😉

Don't watch in 3d when her heatings off...might scratch the inside of your screen 😁

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

Shooter McGavin

A lot of YouTubers seem like total twats, but fair play to them with regards to the the level of production that goes into their videos, a lot of the time it seems just about on par if not better than most of the crap on the telly.

I’ve no doubt TV will be killed completely by Netflix, YouTube etc at some point in the near future.

Instagram influencers on the other hand? A bigger bunch of talentless narcissists you’ll struggle to find.

• 6 months later...
jack D and coke

I probably watch more YouTube than normal TV now. Just millions of more interesting stuff than the bullshit on normal tv. 

Followed Ray William Johnson from about 2009 when he first started his =3 channel.

Watched him go from nobody to millionaire and now does stand up comedy across the US among many other projects.

The thing about him is he's always been this really sound, humble, kind hearted, positive guy who does loads to help people as well. One of the good ones.

One from back in the day, how he got started.

And him now......

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I probably watch more YouTube than normal TV now. Just millions of more interesting stuff than the bullshit on normal tv. 

I agree but it's so easy to disappear down a rabbit hole sometimes and you suddenly realise it's gone dark outside when you look up. 

The Music and live gig ones, the aviation pilot videos and the freight train riders in the US are the ones I get carried away with most . I am now into stealth campers and of course the booze review ones which take up even more time.