Van Bronkhorst Sacked - Beale confirmed ( updated )

BRY

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• SectionDJambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It was an absolute cert this would happen after a few games this season. Great player, was riding on Gerrard's coat tails with his squad last season but he's not a great coach and the players clearly weren't playing for him anymore. 

Was a fantastic player yes ! Always thought he spoke well said it how it was even after the St midden game unlike Ange who is a bit of a bell end . It’s a results business at the end of the day and he s paid the price 

Some hilarious stuff online. One joker suggest Roberto Firminho as he’s young enough to be a player manager and would jump at the chance of managing a big club 😂😂

The media hooring Michael Beale all over the shop, hope they pay £1.5M compo, give him a 3 year deal and sack again in 6 months time when they lose second place.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

This ^ 🤣 

I guess GVB just didn't believe hard enough he would keep his job. 

Some clubs and support aren't just happy to be in a competition when losing heavily despite budgets it seems and being comfortably second with the second biggest budget means not a lot for them.  I would call them self entitled and unrealistic though. 

Bazzas right boot

Celtic are dropping very little,  if they dropped maybe another 4 or 5 points then GVB wouldn't have been sacked. 

Last minute goals v utd, St Johnstone our 4-3 defeat could easily have seen them drop points, but they never. 

The OF really do believe they should win every game and if the don't it's a fan and media meltdown.

It's a bit like he's been sacked as celtic have been so good.

Ange has built his team over 2 seasons, with GVB taken over a side that sold it's 2 best players and their best striker has gave up and replaced football for all you can eat buffets.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Celtic are dropping very little,  if they dropped maybe another 4 or 5 points then GVB wouldn't have been sacked. 

Last minute goals v utd, St Johnstone our 4-3 defeat could easily have seen them drop points, but they never. 

The OF really do believe they should win every game and if the don't it's a fan and media meltdown.

It's a bit like he's been sacked as celtic have been so good.

Ange has built his team over 2 seasons, with GVB taken over a side that sold it's 2 best players and their best striker has gave up and replaced football for all you can eat buffets.

There lies the problem.  They can never let themselves admit that so the manager must go.  I like Gio, loved him as a player so delighted he's away from that shower of shite.

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

There lies the problem.  They can never let themselves admit that so the manager must go.  I like Gio, loved him as a player so delighted he's away from that shower of shite.

I have no desire to see Robbie leave any time soon, and GVB probably wouldn't come to Hearts anyway, but I'd definitely take him if we had the job open, no hesitation.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I have no desire to see Robbie leave any time soon, and GVB probably wouldn't come to Hearts anyway, but I'd definitely take him if we had the job open, no hesitation.

Gio will go manage at a club a few levels above if he does go back into management.  Reckon his sacking actually times it perfectly with Van Gaal leaving the Netherlands after the World Cup.  It wouldn't surprise me if Rangers managed to punt him on the cheap because GvB has a role lined up there. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Gio will go manage at a club a few levels above if he does go back into management.  Reckon his sacking actually times it perfectly with Van Gaal leaving the Netherlands after the World Cup.  It wouldn't surprise me if Rangers managed to punt him on the cheap because GvB has a role lined up there. 

That would make sense. I've liked him better than about any other Rangers manager. Wish him well.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

That would make sense. I've liked him better than about any other Rangers manager. Wish him well.

Me too mate. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Koeman already has that job chief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61006844

Naisys Tackle
44 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Koeman already has that job chief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61006844

He's never getting the manager job mate but technical director is another matter.  I would put good money on him being part of the Dutch set up after the World Cup.  Why I said "if" he goes back into management because I don't think he will.

Anyone else think Roy Makkay looks like the South American correspondent and all round good guy Tim Vickery?  Saying as he's leaving Rangers and never to be heard of again. 

OIP.IGioHkB2K5HM_JSND-ACpAHaEK?pid=ImgDeOIP.RfbdsyNo_AGTmcRiwWHzxAHaHa?pid=ImgDe

Why would Beale leave QPR, where he's doing well, to take the Rangers job, where anything other than winning the league is deemed a failure.

He turned down the Wolves job, which would be a step up in terms of going from managing in the Championship to the EPL.  Why would he turn that down then go to Rangers?

He worked at Rangers under Slippy, so will no doubt understand that Rangers can't compete with Celtic financially, so why take a job where 2nd place is failure, he's got some catching up to do with Celtic, and hasn't got anything like their budget.

He can continue to build his reputation at QPR instead of potentially damaging his reputation by going to Rangers and ending up sacked.

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Why would Beale leave QPR, where he's doing well, to take the Rangers job, where anything other than winning the league is deemed a failure.

He turned down the Wolves job, which would be a step up in terms of going from managing in the Championship to the EPL.  Why would he turn that down then go to Rangers?

He worked at Rangers under Slippy, so will no doubt understand that Rangers can't compete with Celtic financially, so why take a job where 2nd place is failure, he's got some catching up to do with Celtic, and hasn't got anything like their budget.

He can continue to build his reputation at QPR instead of potentially damaging his reputation by going to Rangers and ending up sacked.

Having rejected the wolves job I would be absolutely amazed if he takes the Rangers job. You take the rangers job to get a job like Wolves in the EPL. 

12 hours ago, sac said:

Was about to post then Judith Ralston came on

Always thought she's a bit mutton crossed with a burst mattress. Probably a debate for the shed.

Shooter McGavin
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Officially approached Beale. 

This could be a disaster.

His managerial career spans a whopping 22 games, in which he lost 8 of them and drew 5.

What could possibly go wrong…

Edited by Shooter McGavin

10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

His managerial career spans a whopping 22 games, in which he lost 8 of them and drew 5.

What could possibly go wrong…

Lost four of his last five in the league as QPR manager after a purple patch at the start. This could be popcorn stuff.

10 hours ago, His name is said:

I'll be surprised if they go for Beale. They really need a tried and tested manger to hit the ground running. 

If it is they could’ve saved themselves a fortune and just appointed him when Gerrard left. Wee shame for them!

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If it is they could’ve saved themselves a fortune and just appointed him when Gerrard left. Wee shame for them!

Didn't pay any attention whn SG left.

Did Beale get payed off for GVB's team?

14 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Pining for Stevie G, like sniffing your ex's pants 12 months after she left you.

This is the Rangers board pretending that they have high expectations still, but the reality is that stopping 10IAR gives them another 9 years breathing space to try and find some numpty to "invest"

On 23/11/2022 at 23:36, RustyRightPeg said:

Could be their Cathro moment.

Excellent coach, but managing Rangers will be a different beast for him

Dick Dastardly

I suppose if Beale thinks the QPR job is too big for him it would make sense to drop down and take a smaller job. It does show a real lack of ambition though

On 25/11/2022 at 13:44, Pans Jambo said:

I feel dirty but there you go:

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2022/11/qpr-confirm-michael-beale-to-leave-and-become-rangers-manager/

Mind you they said hes leaving but then say "nothing is finalised" yet. :facepalm:

Always find these unofficial fan sites to be an excellent source for a laugh.

The spin in that article is quite something.  Suggesting QPR players have stopped playing for Beale because they expect him to be away fairly soon. After he was approached by, and turned down, Wolves the QPR players decided clearly their manager is too good for the club, won't be around for very long so what's the point in trying?  They've nothing else to play for beyond simply impressing the current manager.

Wonderfully unashamed to write a piece arguing the reason QPR have started playing badly is because their manager is just too good.  Their manager being the person that The Mighty Glasgow Rangers are about to appoint, so that can only be the reason his current side are struggling.  Laughable.  Honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that these are all parody sites set up by rival fans.

All things considered, I expect Beale will do a half decent job.  Sounds like he was very important when they had success under Gerrard.  I certainly hope it turns out to be the disaster many are expecting/hoping for though.

Edited by Rampant

Bazzas right boot

Sacking GVB and bringing in Beale, it's right uo there with sacking CL and bringing in Stendel.

If you sack a manager you've gotta have a better plan B.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Always find these unofficial fan sites to be an excellent source for a laugh.

The spin in that article is quite something.  Suggesting QPR players have stopped playing for Beale because they expect him to be away fairly soon. After he was approached by, and turned down, Wolves the QPR players decided clearly their manager is too good for the club, won't be around for very long so what's the point in trying?  They've nothing else to play for beyond simply impressing the current manager.

Wonderfully unashamed to write a piece arguing the reason QPR have started playing badly is because their manager is just too good.  Their manager being the person that The Mighty Glasgow Rangers are about to appoint, so that can only be the reason his current side are struggling.  Laughable.  Honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that these are all parody sites set up by rival fans.

All things considered, I expect Beale will do a half decent job.  Sounds like he was very important when they had success under Gerrard.  I certainly hope it turns out to be the disaster many are expecting/hoping for though.

Doing OK with Rangers is finishing 2nd, winning a Scottish cup and getting to Europa League finals.

They want more tho, no one is toppling celtic under Ange unless given time. 

Gerrard got time and built a good team over 3/4 seasons.

Gvb came in, his two best players got sold, he spent very little compared to what he earned( 2 player sales,  Europa final and then ucl qualifying after knocking out PSV).

He won rangers first sc since they were were reformed 

He was second in the league and they sacked him.

If Rangers are gonna sack manager's for being second they better get their ducks lined up.

Jacks almost done, artfield and Davies are ageing along with Tav and Goldson.

Morelos will leave for very little or  nothing .

Souttar is Injury prone.

Rangers have a few projects but they've went massively backwards and Celtic are miles ahead again.

How come nobody heard of Beale until it all fell apart for Stevie G after Beale left Villa for QPR? Suddenly he was the real deal and Stevie G was merely his avatar...

Certainly Rangers didn't seem to want him when they went for GVB on Gerrard's departure...Surely that would've been the time to offer him a step up - would've saved millions!

Edited by Spellczech

SectionDJambo
56 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Rangers are gonna sack manager's for being second they better get their ducks lined up.

Back in the late 60s or early 70s, Rangers sacked Davie White for finishing second to Celtic. They had lost one league game all season long, but it was to Celtic.

History is repeating itself.

• davemclaren changed the title to Van Bronkhorst Sacked - Beale confirmed ( updated )