Van Bronkhorst Sacked - Beale confirmed ( updated )

BRY

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• SectionDJambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

This is historically when they send up the bat signal to Walter Smith , but that cant happen now . Agree with comment above Rafa or another very expensive mistake please , but a new manager bounce most welcome 

It's a big restructure of the squad and recruitment needed. 

Talk yesterday of going for Kenny McLean which just repeats the Jack, Arfield, Kamara set up. 

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

All true.  Why would anyone want that job?  Celtic are going from strength to strength under Popsicoglu and ultimately thats what the hun manager gets judged on.   Decent compensation after a year you could say. 

They can say ta, ta to their CL money! 🤣.. or maybe they'll opt for another 5 or 6 share issues? 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is historically when they send up the bat signal to Walter Smith , but that cant happen now . Agree with comment above Rafa or another very expensive mistake please , but a new manager bounce most welcome 

Santa should be the next manager..he will bring his backroom staff . Elf, reindeer and a pile of bullpoo.. very rangers.. make believe is their strong point.. just ask John souttar. They thought he was a  football player.  Anyway aren't they going into administration soon😅

1 hour ago, May one-six said:

Ha. Funnily enough, here's a wee poem for The Rangers, inspired by JCC:

The ****ing goalie's ****ing old,

The ****ing star's been ****ing sold.

The ****ing striker's ****ing fat,

The ****ing ground is ****ing tat.

The ****ing owners are ****ing pricks.

The ****ing fans are ****ing thick.

The ****ing left back's ****ing cack,

The ****ing manager's been ****ing sacked!

Evidently Ibroxtown

Very good. The good Doctor JCC would approve

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

They can say ta, ta to their CL money! 🤣.. or maybe they'll opt for another 5 or 6 share issues? 

They will just use the money they got for Gerrard to pay the contract up.  Pipe dream if they think Dyche is gonna give up 2 more years of £5m Burnley dosh to come to Scotland for half then get sacked if they get smashed off Celtic.  

Have a sneaky they will go for the Blackburn manager who papped them out Europe twice with Malmo.  Same guy wanted the Hibs job but laughed when he was told Wee Rons Laddie was the person bringing in players and he couldnt get his own guy. 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Well clear in second, made the champions league and the Europa cup final as well as winning the Scottish Cup.  Tough crowd. 

Or.. not happy with the way things are on the park.   hmmmmmm

1 hour ago, May one-six said:

Evidently Ibroxtown

brilliant 👏👏

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stendel ready to make his glorious return to Scotland yet

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Poor lad is probably terrified of his one-man fan club

maybe said fan will **** off and support rangers and stop turning every thread into a neilson bash

Kevin Muscat. Add to the ever increasing Aussie contingent in Scotland. From what I remember he was a bit of a head case as a player but apparently well thought of as a coach. 

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Sickening the way the Sportsound mob called him Giovanni or even Gio.

Shouldn't annoy me but it did.

😂 I know what you mean. The Ange love in annoys me too but it’s such an easy short hand. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

They could be playing the worst standard imaginable and so long as they were above Celtic it would continue. 

He’s been sacked because they’ve fallen so far behind in the league. The abject Champions League performances won’t have helped anything but if he’s 2 points clear of Celtic, regardless how they play, he’d be in a job. 

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

For the budget and the squad they are exactly where they should be.  They obviously want someone who can punch above the teams weight.

Kevin Muscat? :lol: 

Are Rangers just embarking on a Hibs phase of appointing ex-players with half decent managerial credentials? What could possibly go wrong?

HeartsandonlyHearts

Most of the time you never want to see people get fired. But in this case it couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of football club supporters. Hope they have to pay him huge amounts of money they don’t have. Can’t wait to see the “huge” names that are brought up in the media as his replacement. It’ll be a Who’s Who of world football. Fun times.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Sky news now, and on Elon Musks Twatter

Hope they want Robbie

:lol:
There’s a few on here who would be suicidal.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

4 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Well we know who will be on the move west from us if that becomes the case. 

I'm guessing that TK Dog never clicked the link :D

It wouldn't surprise me that they look across the city and say, "Oh, look! Having an Aussie works. Let's do that!"

51 minutes ago, Locky said:

Kevin Muscat? :lol: 

Are Rangers just embarking on a Hibs phase of appointing ex-players with half decent managerial credentials? What could possibly go wrong?

How long's it been since Hibs appointed someone with half-decent managerial credentials?

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It wouldn't surprise me that they look across the city and say, "Oh, look! Having an Aussie works. Let's do that!"

How long's it been since Hibs appointed someone with half-decent managerial credentials?

I was being generous with the half decent.

That thing you do
6 hours ago, brypie04 said:

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/23138218.rangers-sack-manager-giovanni-van-bronckhorst/?fbclid=IwAR08AGjBBc5XuoZrnMC7LGe7U27FWVNZxvcdRanHIQvJkVmRcT8BFB5UdSE

RANGERS have sacked boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst after just 12 months in charge at Ibrox.

The Dutchman returned to Glasgow last November to succeed Steven Gerrard in the dugout following his move to Aston Villa.

But Herald and Times Sport can reveal that his reign has now been cut short after the Ibrox board made the decision to part ways with Van Bronckhorst halfway through his first full term in charge.

Van Bronckhorst looked to have been given a stay of execution as the first days of the World Cup break passed without note and he celebrated his anniversary in charge last Friday.

The situation has gathered pace over the weekend, however, and the 47-year-old has now been informed that his tenure has come to an end following a poor run that leaves Rangers all-but out of the Premiership title race.

It is understood that assistant manager Dave Vos, coach Roy Makaay and Van Bronckhorst's support staff will also be leaving Ibrox.

Supporters have become increasingly vocal as questions have been asked of chairman Douglas Park and Ross Wilson, the sporting director, in recent weeks and the decision to sack Van Bronckhorst comes just a fortnight before the AGM.

The former Light Blues midfielder guided Rangers to the Europa League final in Seville last season and lifted the Scottish Cup just days later as the long wait for silverware was finally ended.

The credit in the bank for those achievements has quickly run out, though, as Rangers have endured a difficult campaign at home and abroad and suffered a nightmare injury crisis that has undermined their season.

Van Bronckhorst delivered Champions League football with a play-off round victory over PSV Eindhoven but then saw his side humbled as they landed the unwanted title of the worst ever group stage outfit.

A record-breaking 7-1 defeat at home to Liverpool was the low point as Rangers scored just two goals and were outplayed and outclassed by the Reds, Napoli and Ajax.

Those continental embarrassments were the backdrop to a difficult domestic term as Rangers struggled to put together a sustained run of performances and results in the Premiership.

The situation escalated in the weeks before the World Cup break as points were dropped at home to Livingston and away to St Johnstone and St Mirren to leave Van Bronckhorst’s side trailing adrift of Old Firm rivals Celtic.

And that has now acted as the catalyst for change at Rangers as the Ibrox board turn their attentions to the next man at the helm ahead of the return to domestic action next month.

Anything that ****s Rangers is a good thing for me but it has to be said, if you get a low budget (in relative terms) side to a euro final, win a domestic cup and then qualify for champions league, if sanity prevails that buys 2 or 3 seasons.

The fact in this case it doesnt shows Rangers are completely and totally delusional. Who will they get? How on earth does who they get go better than what Van Bronckhorst managed?

Absolutle stupidity from the beaks at Mordor.

It was an absolute cert this would happen after a few games this season. Great player, was riding on Gerrard's coat tails with his squad last season but he's not a great coach and the players clearly weren't playing for him anymore. 

Dave King is ready to fly in which generally means getting the hordes behind other folks money going in as loans to be converted to shares while anything he puts in is hard cash loans with interest repayable in cash.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:
There’s a few on here who would be suicidal.

Exactly. They'd need to find somebody else to blame if we don't piss the league. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

:lol: never actually realised he was linked with Rangers well before Celtic.  Shows the agent was whooring him to anyone in the UK despite Anges Celtic minded spraffings. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Exactly. They'd need to find somebody else to blame if we don't piss the league. 

Yeah because theres even more than a couple of people on here that thinks that.  Not for you to be over dramatic though. 

3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

😂 I know what you mean. The Ange love in annoys me too but it’s such an easy short hand. 

I made sure I knew how to pronounce Postecoglou from the off.

I'm no' calling the bugger Ange. 😄

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

I made sure I knew how to pronounce Postecoglou from the off.

I'm no' calling the bugger Ange. 😄

Leslie Grantham: EastEnders' Dirty Den dies aged 71 - BBC News

7 hours ago, May one-six said:

Evidently Ibroxtown

Excellent 👍

7 hours ago, May one-six said:

Evidently Ibroxtown

Excellent 👍

SectionDJambo

The writing was on the wall when he said, only a couple of days ago, that he felt blessed to be Rangers manager.

They must have somebody lined up to be in well before the games start again. Probably a cheap option with no compensation payment required.

• davemclaren changed the title to Van Bronkhorst Sacked - Beale confirmed ( updated )