***Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

This is a must win game today. Win this and we maintain pace with Aberdeen and go above the wee team. If we have any ambitions of getting back into Europe we need to be winning this game, and all home games. I think this will be a really tough game and can see a dull 1-1 draw, but I'm going to be optimistic and go for 2-1 to the JTs.

Edited by Jambos_1874

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Hearts007

• Fozzyonthefence

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Polonia Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

This is a must win game today. Win this and we maintain pace with Aberdeen and go above the wee team. If we have any ambitions of getting back into Europe we need to be winning this game, and all home games. I think this will be a really tough game and can see a dull 1-1 draw, but I'm going to be optimistic and go for 2-1 to the JTs.

Every game is a must win recently!! I love it, every goal is huge, every save is a must. No game so far this season has been meaningless. Leapfrog Hibs and put pressure on the Don's after a 3:1 win. Shankland with a brace 

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Hopefully Halketts or Rowles back today. Think it will be Devlin Kio and Snodgrass in midfield with Halliday getting a rest along with Grant. Shankland to score a couple today with a bit of luck. Hopefully we fly out the traps and get the crowd rocking with a good performance.

Certainly hoping for Rowles as he'll be desperate for game time. I'm expecting all three Ozies as they'll be want to impress before the final squad selection.

8 minutes ago, 151 said:

Will this be our Rememberance game?

Remembrance Sunday is next week so maybe our game is the day before 

Should be a really good game both teams trying to play football.

With Hearts coming out victorious.

Hoping we approach it with the right manner.

pettigrewsstylist

Need to be right up for this from the off. Messing about at snail pace for first 20 mins will just encourage them. 

Quick snappy interchamges and high energy will see us 2-1, i hope 😁

Possession football and a good striker on a scoring run wins a game like this . We have the players for that . Snodgrass , Kio and Grant are all keep ball players and have footballing brains when it comes to pass and move . Motherwell will press us and we will need to keep the ball with short passing triangles , so those three are all important in that sort of situation . Devlin maybe deserves a bit of a rest but if he is fit enough to start then great . 

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

McKay

Snodgrass

Devlin

Grant

Shankland

Polonia Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Possession football and a good striker on a scoring run wins a game like this . We have the players for that . Snodgrass , Kio and Grant are all keep ball players and have footballing brains when it comes to pass and move . Motherwell will press us and we will need to keep the ball with short passing triangles , so those three are all important in that sort of situation . Devlin maybe deserves a bit of a rest but if he is fit enough to start then great . 

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

McKay

Snodgrass

Devlin

Grant

Shankland

I'd start this team with one swap, I'd play Pollock for Grant, laddie was quick and direct when he came on against Istanbul and basically set up our goal.

Brick Tamland

Very much looking forward to this as the atmosphere will be great due to the sell out, the players will be up for it and will show their gratitude for the support we gave them in the European campaign.

Attacking set up, couple of early goals and a convincing 4-0 victory Humphrys, Snodgrass, Shankland and Cochrane.

Started the pre-match routine now, dug getting sorted for a 2 hour walk then back for a shower, some lunch and then off to Gorgie I go with my boys.

'Mon the Hearts

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

McKay

Snodgrass

Devlin

Grant

Shankland

I like it

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

McKay

Snodgra

Devlin

Grant

Shankland

Gordon

Natty Neilson Rowles Cochrane 

Sibbick

Smith    Snodgrass 

Gino                      Henderson

Shankland 

Nelly Terraces
38 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Need to be right up for this from the off. Messing about at snail pace for first 20 mins will just encourage them. 

Quick snappy interchamges and high energy will see us 2-1, i hope 😁

Agree mate & I actually think we’ve had a bit more tempo about us in the last few games & hope it continues.

I hate Motherwell - any bloody win will do for me today. 

GORGIE RULES.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Keep seeing Rowles in folks proposed starting 11 - is he closer to fit that Halkett?

Not sure but with his being a non muscular injury maybe he has a better chance. 

Edited by PapaShango

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree mate & I actually think we’ve had a bit more tempo about us in the last few games & hope it continues.

I hate Motherwell - any bloody win will do for me today. 

GORGIE RULES.

We have mate yes, noticeable in last few games. Be surprised to come out of this without at least one injury..cloggers.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

3 points today is the most important thing. Keep us in touch with the other teams leading up to the world cup break. 

portobellojambo1

The fans all enjoyed this European adventure, hopefully the players and the club did as well, and today marks the first step in looking to secure third spot at least this season so do it all again. A few short weeks ago I prrobably thought chances of securing a Europan place were limited but with the return of our injured players and wise investment of the income we made there is no reason why a rerun early next season cannot happen, and if we learn from mistakes this time round we can take it a bit further.

3 points today is a good starting point.

Edited by portobellojambo1

It seems like I've woken up in a parallel universe where positivity reigns.

Gordon to command his box in this strange new world and keep a clean sheet.

❤️❤️G❤️

15 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I have a spare ticket for sale if anyone is looking. 

Tried to pm you but says you can’t receive messages how much?

42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Smith    Snodgrass 

Shankland 

You’re at it mate. Have you watched Hearts this season? I normally like your posts but that’s just trolling.

4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Tried to pm you but says you can’t receive messages how much?

£20. Can meet outside the stand as its a season ticket card so I would need it back from you. 

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

£20. Can meet outside the stand as its a season ticket card so I would need it back from you. 

Brilliant. I’ll meet you outside. What stand & time?

Hopefully RN plays the Europa music every home game just as they’re about to leave the dressing room. It’s there if you want it lads. Mon the Gorgie! 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Brilliant. I’ll meet you outside. What stand & time?

I will try to PM you the now to sort. I’ve deleted some of my messages. 

49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The fans all enjoyed this European adventure, hopefully the players and the club did as well, and today marks the first step in looking to secure third spot at least this season so do it all again. A few short weeks ago I prrobably thought chances of securing a Europan place were limited but with the return of our injured players and wise investment of the income we made there is no reason why a rerun early next season cannot happen, and if we learn from mistakes this time round we can take it a bit further.

3 points today is a good starting point.

Key words there are "wise investment". Really important we get maximum bang for our buck. Recruitment is always a bit of a lottery, even when well researched, but we need any new recruits to be a notable improvement on what we already have and to make an immediate positive impact.

Edited by Jambos_1874

16 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

You’re at it mate. Have you watched Hearts this season? I normally like your posts but that’s just trolling.

No that's the team i think is on form, and i would pick,it would be harsh dropping C.Smith.

Mckay dropped due too recent form.

Gino and Henderson on the break.

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Smith    Snodgrass 

Shankland 

Don't think so mate

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

McKay

Snodgrass

Devlin

Grant

Shankland

Why would Devlin need rested? He didn't play at Dingwall or at home in the European game. 

23 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

You normally like his posts??

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No that's the team i think is on form, and i would pick,it would be harsh dropping C.Smith.

Mckay dropped due too recent form.

Gino and Henderson on the break.

Thought you meant Michael! In that case I’m down to two, sibbick and Henderson won’t start in those positions, not on your Nelly 

...andFulton'sBaggio
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Your name sake won ugly every time he won . Which is even more bizarre because he was such a beautiful player …………… not sure where I am going with this any more ……………. Never mind 

Ha ha, yeah Steve knew how to win ugly, that's for sure 😆

The Goalscoring Knee
55 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Come back in about four hours when we've not been in their faces from the get-go. Normal service will be resumed :lol:.

Not a clean sheet but we'll score more than them, I'd say.

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Why?

Winning ugly clouds judgement that all is OK. We have a horrendous injury list that I am happy to see win by nothing more than battling. At full strength we can be a great side watch.

Engage your brain. You must be new to this this forum if my post is the most unsure.👍

Yeah, to be fair that was a bit of a Saturday night overstatement. Couple of beers in, brain disengaged 🙄

Still, I'm a BIG fan of winning ugly. Much better than losing pretty... 😉

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Gordon to command his box in this strange new world and keep a clean sheet.

❤️❤️G❤️

Clean sheet 🤣🤣🤣  🤔😲

pettigrewsstylist
51 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Why would Devlin need rested? He didn't play at Dingwall or at home in the European game. 

If he does , and I am not saying he does , I think it would be because he is not long back from an injury and he knocked his absolute pan in in Istanbul 

37 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Don't think so mate

Fair enough 👍.

29 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Thought you meant Michael! In that case I’m down to two, sibbick and Henderson won’t start in those positions, not on your Nelly 

Again just my opinion.

That's the team i would start.