***Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Disappointed in you there . What do you think wokes means

The term has many applications. In this case it’s supporting and facilitating an outdated overzealous process which has no good reason for continuing to exist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Hearts007

• Fozzyonthefence

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

It’s not used in Scotland. 

Not true. It’s an IFAB directive. Came in  at least two years ago.

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

You really think they're going to have different rules in different countries for the same sport? 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The term has many applications. In this case it’s supporting and facilitating an outdated overzealous process which has no good reason for continuing to exist

It does not apply here at all . It has absolutely nothing to do with the SFA and their shite application of rules

RustyRightPeg
34 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

It’s a FIFA rule, it’s used everywhere. 

Double jeopardy, if the defensive player is seen to make a genuine attempt to play the ball, and commits a foul preventing a goal scoring opportunity it should be a penalty and a yellow. Gordon is an example, he SHOULD HAVE been yellow carded for his foul, but wasn’t for some reason. 

On the flip side if the defensive player, doesn’t make an attempt, I.e a blatant pull back of the shirt when the attacker is through on goal then it is a straight red. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It does not apply here at all . It has absolutely nothing to do with the SFA and their shite application of rules

Okay. Just use another word then if you want. It’s no biggy to me. Calm doon son.

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay. Just use another word then if you want. It’s no biggy to me. Calm doon son.

I am very calm Jimmy . I just object to a word with a very relevant and powerful meaning being *******ised by the likes of the Daily Mail and turned in to some thing totally different 

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s a FIFA rule, it’s used everywhere. 

Double jeopardy, if the defensive player is seen to make a genuine attempt to play the ball, and commits a foul preventing a goal scoring opportunity it should be a penalty and a yellow. Gordon is an example, he SHOULD HAVE been yellow carded for his foul, but wasn’t for some reason. 

On the flip side if the defensive player, doesn’t make an attempt, I.e a blatant pull back of the shirt when the attacker is through on goal then it is a straight red. 

It wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity when the foul was made because contact Gordon / Moult made on the ball had sent it off towards the side. If Moult had not been tripped his next touch on the ball ( if Sibbick? had not got there first) would have seen him with defensive cover in front of him ( and possibly Gordon back on his feet) and not a direct opportunity to score.

No booking. Penalty for the trip. The referees in our country are terrible. Clancy is one of the worst. He got the Grant decision wrong but think the 2 decisions around the penalty were correct.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am very calm Jimmy . I just object to a word with a very relevant and powerful meaning being *******ised by the likes of the Daily Mail and turned in to some thing totally different 

You object? To a word ? Deary dear son. 

Edited by JimmyCant

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes I do . When it is used incorrectly , and denigrated by the privileged , despite its very important symbolism 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes I do . When it is used incorrectly , and denigrated by the privileged , despite its very important symbolism 

Aye okay champ. We’ll just move on then shall we ? 😥

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

It wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity when the foul was made because contact Gordon / Moult made on the ball had sent it off towards the side. If Moult had not been tripped his next touch on the ball ( if Sibbick? had not got there first) would have seen him with defensive cover in front of him ( and possibly Gordon back on his feet) and not a direct opportunity to score.

No booking. Penalty for the trip. The referees in our country are terrible. Clancy is one of the worst. He got the Grant decision wrong but think the 2 decisions around the penalty were correct.

The reason the ball went the way it did is because Gordon touched it, that’s the point. IF Moult had knocked it by and was looking likely to get onto the end of it he should’ve been booked. 

We could debate this all day, the reality is we’ve all seen 1000 incidents where players have nicked the ball before a keeper and the ball has ended up going out for a goal kick but due to the contact it’s a penalty and the keeper booked. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye okay champ. We’ll just move on then shall we ? 😥

You can do what ever you please . If you want me to stop pointing out that your misuse of the word was stupid , then just stop quoting my replies 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can do what ever you please . If you want me to stop pointing out that your misuse of the word was stupid , then just stop quoting my replies 

I don’t want you to stop. Do what you please mate and I’ll do the same. There’s probably a fancy word for that too

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t want you to stop. Do what you please mate and I’ll do the same. There’s probably a fancy word for that too

Okay slugger , but it is worth pointing out that woke is about as far from a fancy word as it is possible to get , that is the whole point 

Dougie Masterton
3 hours ago, Dougie Masterton said:

I’m very friendly with a Scottish football assistant referee, he tells me that no rule currently exists in Scottish football. 

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I would argue that with you. The term "woke" or "stay woke" was first applied to alert black Americans to remember to stay alert to their situation... I do not see how that has changed or has ever been over zealous !

Edited by jock _turd

9 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

I’m very friendly with a Scottish football assistant referee, he tells me that no rule currently exists in Scottish football. 

Define “very friendly”.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Did you see Grant's sending off?  I thought it political correctness gone mad. 😉 

I agreed with the gist of your post, but using the word woke to describe overzealous enforcement of rules makes you come across a bit Richard Littlejohn.  If you are happy with that, then deary dear granddad.