***Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

6 out of the next 3 puts us in a great position. Aberdeens first 2 games back after the WC are Celtic and Rangers. We could find ourselves 3rd 2 games into a very favourable fixture run.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Hearts007

• Fozzyonthefence

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Have I missed something - is Rowles fit? 🤔

Robbie said he expects him back for Motherwell. The guy needs games before he meets Mbappe.

Motherwell have had a bad run of fixtures, playing Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen last month. Narrowly losing by one goal in each of them (Hibs game had the sending off). They also beat Dundee Utd by one goal and scudded a team we only beat by one goal last week by 5-0. Hammell has them playing well, and when we beat them 3-0 at Fir Park it seemed like our goals were counters and the score line didn’t reflect the game. It’s going to be a tough one and the fans will need to be patient I suspect.

Anyone looking at the form guide and knowing we beat them 3-0 away could be forgiven for thinking this will be an easy win. But I actually think Motherwell have it well within them to beat us tomorrow. I think if it’s won it’ll be by the odd goal, think it’s might have a draw written on it though. I just really, really hope we score first.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

49 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Robbie said he expects him back for Motherwell. The guy needs games before he meets Mbappe.

Cheers but what Robbie says about players being fit can be just a bit off the mark…..

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cheers but what Robbie says about players being fit can be just a bit off the mark…..

You ain't wrong, but with Kingsley out I think he'll take the risk if he's feeling alright.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Motherwell have had a bad run of fixtures, playing Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen last month. Narrowly losing by one goal in each of them (Hibs game had the sending off). They also beat Dundee Utd by one goal and scudded a team we only beat by one goal last week by 5-0. Hammell has them playing well, and when we beat them 3-0 at Fir Park it seemed like our goals were counters and the score line didn’t reflect the game. It’s going to be a tough one and the fans will need to be patient I suspect.

Anyone looking at the form guide and knowing we beat them 3-0 away could be forgiven for thinking this will be an easy win. But I actually think Motherwell have it well within them to beat us tomorrow. I think if it’s won it’ll be by the odd goal, think it’s might have a draw written on it though. I just really, really hope we score first.

And if we don’t win it Neilson will get the blame, without taking the above into consideration. 

Bazzas right boot

If we defend even a little,We'll go on to score 2 or 3.

If we chuck early to goals in it will be tough but from the middle to the top we've got enough to beat them

Van veen will have a stauner at the thought of going up against Sibbick and /or Neilson tho, he's not only a decent intelligent player, but aggressive and good in the air.

I'd put Haring in against him as like Haring, Van veen isn't running away from anyone. 

6-3 Hearts, Larry hatrick!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

And if we don’t win it Neilson will get the blame, without taking the above into consideration. 

And if we win, Motherwell are shite and we should be beating them.

It's a good position to take.

Sets them up nicely if we get beat at Ibrox. 

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Maybe by some. But what I feel may happen doesn’t mean it’s a justification for it happening on its own. We still have the players to beat them. It’s up to Neilson to deploy the correct personnel and tactics before and during the game though. If we get beat, it will be these things and the manner of the defeat that will come into consideration before any criticism is levelled.

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Definitely.

Our 3-0 win was nothing like that in reality. We were very lucky as they kind of battered us for long periods.

I'd take that again though!

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And if we win, Motherwell are shite and we should be beating them.

It's a good position to take.

Sets them up nicely if we get beat at Ibrox. 

Better not, teams are right behind us.

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Better not, teams are right behind us.

Yep some on here will be throwing a hissy fit if we lose to Rangers 

7 hours ago, karipidis said:

We should be beating bottom 6 teams at home. That’s been the case since I’ve been a Hearts fan back in the late 60’s When we don’t beat them, we ask why. A lot of the time the manager was at fault or partly at fault. It’s a natural debate to have when you lose to a lesser team.

Unless of course there are folk on here who don’t think Motherwell are a lesser team than us and don’t expect to beat them.

If you think it’s okay to lose, you are a born loser.

Edited by JimmyCant

I'm looking forward to seeing Humphrys against a team we're expected to dominate at home. Lad has something about him. Hope he's fit.

Rowles & Halkett both took part in full training this morning and both looked ready to play.  I’d expect at least 1 tomorrow and both on Wednesday night. 

Absolute Scenes

Not been one to jump to wild conclusions but really feel like this is is a must win. Brilliant opportunity to jump Hibs and have the opportunity to be third by the end of the Livi game. We need to be ready from the very first whistle, and get at these hammer throwers

Edited by Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We should be beating bottom 6 teams at home. That’s been the case since I’ve been a Hearts fan back in the late 60’s When we don’t beat them, we ask why. A lot of the time the manager was at fault or partly at fault. It’s a natural debate to have when you lose to a lesser team.

Unless of course there are folk on here who don’t think Motherwell are a lesser team than us and don’t expect to beat them.

Not at all the point that was being made. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

But, if Motherwell are a better team than us then, by your definition, you are not a born loser. 

i don't think they are a better team than us, by the way. 

57 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not been one to jump to wild conclusions but really feel like this is is a must win. Brilliant opportunity to jump Hibs and have the opportunity to be third by the end of the Livi game. We need to be ready from the very first whistle, and get at these hammer throwers

Yep, its a massive game for us and I hope Robbie has them ready to go tomorrow. We can't afford a slow start again, we need to assert ourselves quickly and not let Motherwell have any sort of control over the game. Van Veen is worrying me a lot since we've not got a physically strong defence and I think he'll be buzzing to play against our current choices. Really hoping Halks or Rowles are back because having either or both would settle nerves a lot. 

Going for 2-1 Hearts. 

Ex member of the SaS
9 hours ago, karipidis said:

I can take a loss in any game as long as we try and show some determination, sitting back and passing pointlessly back and forth between the defense and we will lose. Get an early goal and keep the pressure on and we will win. Far too often we take the lead then sit back defending one goal, we need to score two or three and stop them playing before we take the foot off. Get stuck in and give the fans something to cheer and use that noise as a twelfth man.

Biggest problem is probably lack of recovery and preparation time.We are nearly through this so hopefully we can lift ourselves for tomorrow.Whatever the outcome I still expect us to finish 3rd.

This has a feel of a big match a big 3pts, under no illusions how difficult this will be after a Thursday turn around. 3pts would see us keep pace for 3rd with an unreal amount of injuries. Hopefully the atmosphere of the last two home games is replicated and we help drive the team forward.  As aways as long as all the 11 players on the pitch give there all and leave it out there that's all we can ask. 

At some point I want to see Clark get a chance. But doubt it will be tomorrow.

I would like to see this team:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass

Forrest Humphrys McKay 

Shankland

pettigrewsstylist

Just want a back 4. Potentially man mark Van geezer at set plays and let those who had a rest exploit in final 3rd.

We should have enough.

Important to keep sheep in sight 

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass

Forrest Humphrys McKay 

Shankland

Halks and Rolls 😍

49 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass

Forrest Humphrys McKay 

Shankland

That line up would be beautiful.

Probably post-world cup 🤞🤞

Edited by heartsfc_fan

...andFulton'sBaggio
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not a fan of winning ugly.

But over the next 3 games.

I will happily accept  2 Davy Dodds wins.

Not a fan of winning ugly??

Ha ha ha ha!

That has to be the most absurd thing I've read on here for a long time 🤦

5 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Ha ha ha ha!

Your name sake won ugly every time he won . Which is even more bizarre because he was such a beautiful player …………… not sure where I am going with this any more ……………. Never mind 

Team will be:

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Cochrane Haliday

Kio        Devlin

Ginelly          Snodgrass      Forrest/McKay 

Shankland 

4am kick for me.  Perfect.  Always happy to be up then.  No idea how good or otherwise Motherwell are but we'll be stronger amd the incentive of 4th place and climbing is immense.

Really good win sets us fair for these Euro giants in midweek.

32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

4am kick for me.  Perfect.  Always happy to be up then.  No idea how good or otherwise Motherwell are but we'll be stronger amd the incentive of 4th place and climbing is immense.

Really good win sets us fair for these Euro giants in midweek.

Shit 1am for me, want to watch but ruins my Monday !!! 

8 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass

Forrest Humphrys McKay 

Shankland

I wouldn’t be starting two CB’s straight after injury as they won’t be up to speed or match fit. Halkett has broke down twice in the first ten minutes.  Sibbick doesn’t deserve to be dropped as he’s found his confidence and again was immense in Istanbul.  I don’t see how you can include Forrest as he doesn’t have a second gear or a step up in class. We should also never play Forrest and McKay together as it weakens us. All the above is just my opinion though. 

My team would be 

Gordon  

Natty  Sibbick Rowles/Halks Cochrane 

Devlin         Kio 

Snodgrass 

Humphrys   Shanks   McKay/Gino 

30 minutes ago, fila said:

Shit 1am for me, want to watch but ruins my Monday !!! 

Tough for us exiles.  Daylight saving means months of 2 am kick offs here and that's too early even for me.  Rangers diurung the week is perfect.

7 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Ha ha ha ha!

Why?

Winning ugly clouds judgement that all is OK. We have a horrendous injury list that I am happy to see win by nothing more than battling. At full strength we can be a great side watch.

Engage your brain. You must be new to this this forum if my post is the most unsure.👍

**** I want to win today so bad.

Also, we have played 2 home games less than Hibs and on Wedesday we will have played the Old Firm twice as much as Hibs.

Get to this WC break and reset and refresh. 

I hate matches when it's pissing rain, makes it a bit if a lottery with tackles and difficult for keepers.

Forecast has it being dry at 3pm, hopefully correct.

2-1 Hearts 🙏 

Hopefully Halketts or Rowles back today. Think it will be Devlin Kio and Snodgrass in midfield with Halliday getting a rest along with Grant. Shankland to score a couple today with a bit of luck. Hopefully we fly out the traps and get the crowd rocking with a good performance.