*** Offishul Hearts v Celtic October 22nd match thread ***

upgotheheads

Holyrood_Hearts

Plenty positives to take from today. Great attitude & desire from the team. Thought we were the better team 1st half although they were good 2nd half. 

Cammy outstanding, Snodgrass, Cochrane & Kingsley had good games. Everyone put a shift in and although we lacked a bit quality at times, they are a very good team. The set up play for Shankland’s 2nd goal is something we don’t do enough. 

Hate to say it but Gordon shouldn’t be in the team. If Clark’s fit I’d like to see him getting some games.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

15 minutes ago, Lemonbubble said:

Hahahaha the delusion is off the charts, I'm done with this forum, you are all mentally ill 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

FBBD622E-F356-44FF-AAFB-EA4424FC6023.jpeg

Best game at Tynie in years. Very proud of the lads, but need to defend crosses/corners or we’re ****ed. Craig Gordon is an immense human and equally goalkeeper, however when we are so poor at defending high balls he needs to help the boys out. He needs to dominate the 6 yard area. He doesn’t. 

He needs a breather.

Onto the next one.

FTH

The only thing I can compare some of you too, is a dog that gets brutally beaten by thier owner but still shows love and affection and loyalty. Its quite heartbreaking to watch tbh. 

At least some of you get it and have a bit backbone 👍

Edited by Lemonbubble

10 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

That was much better, everyone with the exception of Mckay knocked their pan in. This is the tempo we must take into all games.

I was avoiding singling anyone out, but McKay needs a rocket. Attitude and effort visibly lacking imo. Only one today I felt.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I was avoiding singling anyone out, but McKay needs a rocket. Attitude and effort visibly lacking imo. Only one today I felt.

Yep imagine being Devlin and knocking your pan in all game to watch him and his half hearted efforts.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

**** me, the vermin interlopers are out in force, desperately trying to deflect from their shitshow last night.

Anyone who says we were garbage today is at it, but luckily most on here can see through their nonsense.

They're getting flustered. They know fine well which direction they are heading:-

Shooter McGavin

Hard to be overly critical today, conceding soft goals like we did is a real downer, but we showed a lot more minerals today than we have in recent performances.

If we apply that same fight and desire against most teams in the league, we’d fold them.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'll have a go. Think the colour of his jersey meant referee unable to send him off as McGregor received a red card couple of weeks go.

Pretty sure there's a rule in Scottish football that says only 1 Celtic/Sevco player can be sent off per season.

🤣 well played

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well.......we lost. Which was what I expected. But as they say 'there are ways to lose a football match' and I think that if you are going to lose then lose the way we lost today. We scored three goals and we certainly had them worried. That was infinitely more enjoyable than the game I attended at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago against Fiorentina.

The way we pressed them was a big difference. I think we'd all agree on that. I think it was the change of formation that allowed us to do that. 4-1-4-1 isn't a formation that gives me an erection but given our present circumstances it is the sort of formation we have been needing to look at. Our defence needs as much help as it can get. I know some people are going to laugh and say 'we still conceded four goals at home ffs!' and yeah factually that is true. The goals we lost weren't great. But in general play we didn't look as open or as vulnerable as we have done in recent weeks. Which gave us the platform to go and press them and win the ball higher up the park. That was a definite positive.

I think that might be the first time in my life I have seen a Hearts player score a hat-trick against Celtic and yet I am not going to make him my MOTM today. Which is a bit mental. My MOTM was Cammy Devlin. The wee man was everywhere. Every blade of grass covered. Won us two penalties. Brilliant performance. 👏

Not going to say brilliant performance. Still lost and im still ****ed off but Cammy was superb. Hes just a headless chicken who runs about like a raj though according to Hendricks n his pals

1 hour ago, Lemonbubble said:

Truth is it would have been 4-1 without VAR 🙄

And if you had a sister youd be on her not on here??? 🤷🏻‍♂️

55 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

A one goal win isn't 'taking apart'.

We're now complaining about a lack of goals from open play?

We pressed high and well.  When you do that defensive marking can be patchy. That's not horrific. We had a real go. The fans' reaction at the end outweighs any picky criticism on the Internet.

👌🏻

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Transphobic post 😀😀

🤣

26 minutes ago, Lemonbubble said:

As it stands right now

Screenshot_20221022_160702_Chrome.jpg

So 5 off 3rd 5 off 12th lots of home games coming up and a game in hand. 🤔

10 minutes ago, Lemonbubble said:

The only thing I can compare some of you too, is a dog that gets brutally beaten by thier owner but still shows love and affection and loyalty. Its quite heartbreaking to watch tbh. 

Lennonbubble?

Are you missing your wee, fat, ginger manager?

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That 👆 is simply not true. You know that, so why post nonsense?

You need to learn to decipher Bongo’s use of punctuation. He was agreeing that we had those things. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣 well played

Not going to say brilliant performance. Still lost and im still ****ed off but Cammy was superb. Hes just a headless chicken who runs about like a raj though according to Hendricks n his pals

And if you had a sister youd be on her not on here??? 🤷🏻‍♂️

👌🏻

🤣

So 5 off 3rd 5 off 12th lots of home games coming up and a game in hand. 🤔

When I said brilliant performance I was really just talking about Cammy. The team performance was good but I wouldn't go as far as saying it was brilliant. 👍

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That 👆 is simply not true. You know that, so why post nonsense?

Bongo uses commas instead of full-stops.

He was actually speaking in favour of Hearts today.  👍

Our defence is knackered, we all know that and it won't improve much til we get centre halves back.

The consensus the last few weeks though has generally been that instead of using that as an excuse we can still be competitive and not just roll over. We got that today, we pressed well, we won 2nd balls, we won tackles, we never just rolled over when going behind. We were also still playing a  decent team.

No one wants to lose, but if we are going to we have to at least let the other team know they were in a game and we done that. That level of effort and desire would see us pick up more points than we have been recently so hopefully it can continue.

Having a go at the players or management after today feels a bit daft tbh.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Amazing the amount of posters, that have went into hiding, that said we couldn't press celtic etc they have more money we can't compete.

No one has said that on here, ever.

We beat them last season ffs.

You just make up shite all the time. 

In fact it's time to say good bye, I've tolerated your tripe as I found you genuine and at times amusing. 

Fast forward 2 years,the stendel and anti Robbie pish is now just boring. 

44 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Knew this place would be infested with vermin 

That was a superb performance. Missed chances first half cost us in the end 

They are hurting, GBJ; and know fine well that their traditional post-Christmas slump has arrived early.

Any more games v 11 and they are doomed.

Last night was two rotten teams cancelling each other out. H1b5 were shown up for what they are, and got no more than they deserved. Cheating bassas.

gorgierulesapply88

BTW.

Tennents what a drink.

See what happens when we press and try and win the ball? Jesus, you can go on about it every week. But if you don't do it you don't force mistakes!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

There first goal - fluke deflection off a defender that takes the goalie out the game.

2nd goal. Rowles or Halkett challenges harder. Might still be a goal but at full strength we have a better defender challenging.

Taylor goal - deflected shot happens to hit a Celtic player in the 6 yard box

Our goals:

2 stonewaller pens and a fantastic cross and strikers goal.

Say what you like but there was one team luckier than the other today. But the performance was excellent which is what all of us wanted.

Now people are debating what a good performance is. Ignore them - they are hobo arseholes.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

37 minutes ago, Lemonbubble said:

😂😂😂😂 What pleasure do hibs fans get out of posting on another teams forum, mentally ill I suspect 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

😂😂😂😂 What pleasure do hibs fans get out of posting on another teams forum, mentally ill I suspect 

And scared

Delighted with the fight and effort. Gutted that we didn't get a point. No happy about the way Celtic strolled through our defence. VAR is great ( up to now).

Jambo diehard

Just home after the game, sat and had a couple of pints on my jack Jones and am a mixture of gutted and happy, great pressing, better shape despite missing so many players who would have made diffirence, defensively especially, probs the better team first half and although they lifted it a bit second not a bad half either? Best performance in a while and at 2-1 if we could have got another we'd have won that, too many goals against but defo a better performance imo

Churchill Barrier
59 minutes ago, been here before said:

Brutal eh?

Anyone would think we had pretty much our entire first choice defence out injured.

Happy frothing though 👍

And things will be ok when we do. . I have my doubts

Even with the disappointment of the result the management and team deserve alot of praise for that, tactics and the application from the players was 1st class. It was aways going to be tough to keep Celtic out with our makeshift defence but they gave 100%. Some really good performances Devlin, Snodgrass, Ginnelly and Cochrane stand outs, Shankland should get a major boost from his hatrick so hopefully he can fire on as well. 

1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

We have conceded 20 goals in past 6 games, thats is horrendous. 

Maybe because our two first choice Centre Halves are out injured! 🙄

Just watched the game again - why was the Celtic player on a yellow card not given a second yellow when he brought down Devin for the second penalty? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Plenty positives to take from today. Great attitude & desire from the team. Thought we were the better team 1st half although they were good 2nd half. 

Cammy outstanding, Snodgrass, Cochrane & Kingsley had good games. Everyone put a shift in and although we lacked a bit quality at times, they are a very good team. The set up play for Shankland’s 2nd goal is something we don’t do enough. 

Hate to say it but Gordon shouldn’t be in the team. If Clark’s fit I’d like to see him getting some games.  

Yip it’s time for Craigie to take a rest it’s been apparent for a few weeks 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just watched the game again - why was the Celtic player on a yellow card not given a second yellow when he brought down Devin for the second penalty? 🤷‍♂️

Answered your own question.

I hope the “bad loss, we move on” crowd can now see why many fans get upset at some defeats and not others. It’s not the losing to teams with higher budgets, it’s how we lose to them. The team got applauded off the pitch today despite losing. That’s the difference.

I just hope they think about that before getting on their high horse and having a go at fans who get upset at the manner of defeats to bigger budget teams in the future.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

Go easy on Lemonbubble.

I don't think he's the full shilling.

He's "full" of something. 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

That was much better, everyone with the exception of Mckay knocked their pan in. This is the tempo we must take into all games.

he's a passenger in far too many games now

Churchill Barrier
31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Maybe because our two first choice Centre Halves are out injured! 🙄

Halkett yes, Rowles is very early into his Hearts career, still to prove himself so in my view not a definite first choice. Been said many times it was obvious we didn't have sufficient cover, he took a gamble on what we had and its back fired massively.  

Playing full backs at CH is a desperate measure. 

alicante jambo
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes thought that too mate. What a game though end to end . I only wanted us to go out and try and put up a fight thats all. We done that so it feels pretty shite the result. A lot of players can hold their heads high but the defending is a disgrace has been for weeks. Pointless naming the players who are not performing. Wee devlin today though was magnificent.

1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

Go easy on Lemonbubble.

I don't think he's the full shilling.

Not since he got his Jotters from Omnia Nicosia.

Just back from game gutted not to come away with something but least we gave it a right good go today and wasn't the horror show and early exit I was anticipating. Am now expecting this effort and tempo in every game. 

45 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Said that at the time. Even Carter-Vickers didn’t get booked for the first penalty. In the EPL it’s an automatic yellow for a handball/foul leading to a pen. They got away with murder today - as they usually do… and big Ange is complaining about the decisions!

been here before
1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

And things will be ok when we do. . I have my doubts

Well here's hoping it all turns to shite then you can be a wee happy fluffy frothing bunny eh?

Sorry if this question has been asked. When Shankland was made to retake his pen for player encroachment today, did anyone else notice that joe hart had came off his line before the pen was hit? 

ScandinavianJambo

First penalty wouldn't been given without VAR, head would have gone down, score line would have been different. Welcome to the new world of Scottish football. 

We did no bad. 

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Even with the disappointment of the result the management and team deserve alot of praise for that, tactics and the application from the players was 1st class. It was aways going to be tough to keep Celtic out with our makeshift defence but they gave 100%. Some really good performances Devlin, Snodgrass, Ginnelly and Cochrane stand outs, Shankland should get a major boost from his hatrick so hopefully he can fire on as well. 

Kio and GM let there team mates down.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Sorry if this question has been asked. When Shankland was made to retake his pen for player encroachment today, did anyone else notice that joe hart had came off his line before the pen was hit? 

He had one foot on the line when it was hit.

Screenshot_20221022_184941_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cc0c7e2b063fa04de5324fdfc516e48d.jpg

Edited by been here before