***Official Fiorentina v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, jamborich said:

No sure how many away games you’ve been to in Europe I’ve been to a few losing to Bayern was disappointing however results against Bordeaux, Basle Sparta Prague, Braga ,Spurs, Liverpool we didn’t let the fans down credit to the guys who went over but they never should have to have witnessed that

Football has changed quite a bit as has Scotland's and Hearts standing in Europe.

You must have blinked.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Ked said:

Celtic can play some lovely stuff.

But our two home games in this group have imo seen some much more accomplished stuff.

Albeit we were poor .

Yeah, unfortunately they can, it is their defence that is found wanting.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

No not at all. Just think its an utterly pathetic term. There is no we are better fans as we travel home and away we do this we do that. Most of us contribute as much as we can to the club in different ways and I would say what you class as hardcore is just what many of the other fans were in times gone by. Are you therefore better than them? Does your opinion carry more weight? 🤔

Be pissed off voice your concerns but dont ever say because you travel to matches you are the hard ore support and therefore have more validity to your opinions.

🤣🤣🤣

Touchy! Maybe worry about your own perceptions! 

Dry your eyes. The vast majority of the Hearts “hardcore” support are in Florence. That’s obvious. At least 4000+  Doesn’t mean to say other staunch Jambo’s aren’t. Equally doesn’t mean that the views of those in the stadium tonight shouldn’t be voiced. We’ve a guy wayyyyy out of his league in charge. Most know that.   

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Touchy! Maybe worry about your own perceptions! 

Dry your eyes. The vast majority of the Hearts “hardcore” support are in Florence. That’s obvious. At least 4000+  Doesn’t mean to say other staunch Jambo’s aren’t. Equally doesn’t mean that the views of those in the stadium tonight shouldn’t be voiced. We’ve a guy wayyyyy out of his league in charge. Most know that.   

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Unfortunately this European campaign simply goes down as another bit of typical disappointing Hearts luck for us to lose our Center Backs for this adventure.

We only would’ve had a slim chance of competing even with those 2 vital players fit. Without them, there was never any chance.

Can only hope the team becomes better having learned from the experience and hungry to get back and try to do better next year. 

Agree, it's felt like this whole Euro campaign we have just had to muddle through getting makeshift team together. Was really disappointed last Thursday with the effort players but tonight I think we gave all we had. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Football has changed quite a bit as has Scotland's and Hearts standing in Europe.

You must have blinked.

Deary me is that your comeback 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Can only hope the team becomes better having learned from the experience and hungry to get back and try to do better next year. 

The bar is incredibly low, it shouldn’t be too hard. 

9 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Agree, it's felt like this whole Euro campaign we have just had to muddle through getting makeshift team together. Was really disappointed last Thursday with the effort players but tonight I think we gave all we had. 

I think we played better tonight but so did they.Last week was far more a shambles.

Fozzyonthefence

Zurich getting another pumping again tonight.  Could have been worse, we might have qualified for the Europa League.  That honestly doesn’t bear thinking about. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I think we played better tonight but so did they.Last week was far more a shambles.

Eh 3-0 after 90 last week 4-0 after 45 this week no sure how you come to that

40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Agreed, thought Connor Smith added some desire we hadnt seen from Grant Forrest or McKay tonight too. 

Yes, he did.

Sibbick, Haring and Kingsley in a back three, with Cochrane if it's a back four, until we get Halkett and Rowles back, not ideal but possibly our best option for now. I just hope Atkinson isn't out for too long. 

Just now, jamborich said:

There were more positive signs tonight than last week imo.Last week I seen nothing at all from Hearts I didn't think Fiorentina done anything that great last week tonight I thought Fiorentina looked very good and we tried but failed to compete 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Deary me is that your comeback 

I dunno what to tell you.

Scottish teams have generally seen a massive decline in Europe especially our side the OF. over the past few decades.

We have qualified for Europe twice in a decade.

I know we are the bottom of the barrel, I understand the reality of European football and where Scottish football and Hearts are placed in that.

I think many Hearts fans, maybe because we haven't been involved that much in Europe in the past 10- 20 years didn't realise that when we were laughing at the various heavy defeats and defeats by lesser known teams suffered by other Scottish clubs (rightly so) that when we got in Europe we'd join them.

Scottish teams and especially non OF teams are shite, every other club from various small countries  including Welsh and Irish teams wants to play us. We are the  bottom rung of the ladder.

If we beat RFS twice we'd have done well.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fiorentina is a low bar ?

Tbf we’ve won 5 games all season. We are largely a compete shambles of a team that plays without drive and conviction for the majority of most games, occasionally mustering up a decent ten or twenty minutes. Folk jumping on a secind half performance against a team who had already beaten us are clutching at straws

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Fiorentina is a low bar ?

Just in but are folk looking for us to compete with Serie A and even with four main players out? **** me.

Usual suspects, I see. Must have been drooling at half time and it ended way short of their hopes.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Luckies1874sat in Florence posting on Jambos Kickback 

😄 

Sooks. Trying but failing as usual. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Played better.

we certainly played better tonight

jamboinglasgow

It may sound obvious but definitely a game of two halves. First half I thought we seemed to look better than last week and were a bit unlucky with their first goal, but then the players collapsed following the second. As many thought, this could be a horror score-line. But second half, to me we played more the way you should play a European fixture, not just getting the goal and trying to get it forward but being clever at winning fouls. The gulf in class between us and Fiorentina will always be there, the money between the two is far too wide so games require us for them to have an off day and take opportunities while being disciplined, that didn't happen first half. But the second half showed that we were learning lessons we need to do better in Europe in how we play.

Dont get me wrong, it was a poor result and we need to learn not to capitulate against much better opponents so early in a game and the fans out there deserve to feel the players are matching their passion. But this European campaign has not got us the big results we wanted, so to make it worthwhile we have to learn our lessons and focus ourselves to first get back into Europe next season and secondly give ourselves a better chance next year in who we sign and how we play.

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I felt at least tonight we had some off the ball and tried to create things. Last week we just didn't do anything just sat off them and sat back with no idea what to do.

30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We'll review this mess of a recruitment once the season is complete. You and the pundits like Craigan might be correct.

We all thought the same with Levein,the similarities are staring us in the face.

Robbie isn’t the manager we deserve.

I still think Robbie got a lot wrong tonight I still think we fell to bits for a spell but I did see more positives this week than last while still be well outclassed.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, stevie said:

We all thought the same with Levein,the similarities are staring us in the face.

Robbie isn’t the manager we deserve.

It's a shame a match day thread ends up anything but a match day thread.

CL had us 11th and was coming of a 6th place finish.

The only similarities is that they both got us to Scottish cup finals.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Played better.

we certainly played better tonight

Folk see what they want to see I'm with you we played better but so did they.Gulf is huge.

When the f@@#$ will people on here wake up.its doing my head in 2x3rd place finishes 3 finals etc.   The football is murder.surely as football supporters you must see that.

Rangers 1 Liverpool 7 (SEVEN)

That's the reality, guys. 

The game, the finances have moved on. Even leaving our big teams with a agg over 4 games of a ducking cricket score. 

Edited by Riccarton3

37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, you are on the side of Craigan. Well done you.

The day I am on his side of the fence is the day I'd need  to reflect on my opinion.

He's a clueless, Hearts hating arse. If you think  agreeing with him strengthens the  opinion  then I can't help you.

We'll review this mess of a recruitment once the season is complete. You and the pundits like Craigan might be correct.

You miss the point quite spectacularly yet again.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, stevie said:

Just to reiterate,it’s not about losing to a top drawer team like Fiorentina.

Its about 4 wins in 21 games ffs.

5 wins. 4 in league and 1 in Europe unless I'm mistaken.

Just now, Kev1998 said:

When the f@@#$ will people on here wake up.its doing my head in 2x3rd place finishes 3 finals etc.   The football is murder.surely as football supporters you must see that.

There are some people who won’t accept there’s anything wrong because they see it as their job to defend the club and by extension the manager. There were folk that backed Levein right until the very end and then backed Ann giving him a part time job to run down his contract. A lot of the same people backing Robbie. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a shame a match day thread ends up anything but a match day thread.

CL had us 11th and was coming of a 6th place finish.

The only similarities is that they both got us to Scottish cup finals.

It’s a shame that so many happy clappers are are willing to accept getting to finals and winning none of them as a bench mark for success.

CL and RN have shat the bed as Hearts managers,we should aim for so much better.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Scottish teams have generally seen a massive decline in Europe especially our side the OF. over the past few decades.

I know we are the bottom of the barrel, I understand the reality of European football and where Scottish football and Hearts are placed in that.

I think many Hearts fans, maybe because we haven't been involved that much in Europe in the past 10- 20 years didn't realise that when we were laughing at the various heavy defeats and defeats by lesser known teams suffered by other Scottish clubs (rightly so) that when we got in Europe we'd join them.

Scottish teams and especially non OF teams are shite, every other club from various small countries  including Welsh and Irish teams wants to play us. We are the  bottom rung of the ladder.

On the first sentence, I think people will be going on about Scottish football in Europe, but whats forgotten is all the teams in the group stages are playing at a higher level than they have been. So the Old Firm are playing in the Champions League where the teams they are against are season Champions League teams with budgets that have benefited from that. We are playing the Conference league for the first team against seasoned teams, some with many times our budget. We know if we get reguarly into European group games our budget will really increase, which means better quality players and Hearts teams who know how to play in Europe. The Old Firm and Hearts have been trying to break the wall, you might get lucky and get through without any injury, but normally you end up bloody and battered but get that second attempt and you can break through.

12 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Just in but are folk looking for us to compete with Serie A and even with four main players out? **** me.

Usual suspects, I see. Must have been drooling at half time and it ended way short of their hopes.

Yes they are 

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sibbick, Haring and Kingsley in a back three, with Cochrane if it's a back four, until we get Halkett and Rowles back, not ideal but possibly our best option for now. I just hope Atkinson isn't out for too long. 

Thought Sibbick played well tonight fair play to the lad must have had his confidence knocked but he should start on Sunday. 

Another very frustrating night. I've no complaints about the team selection or formation tonight. As others have pointed out, without any recognised centre-backs there's just no chance of competing at this level.  Add to that a lot of very average players, it was never going to end well.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, stevie said:

It’s a shame that so many happy clappers are are willing to accept getting to finals and winning none of them as a bench mark for success.

CL and RN have shat the bed as Hearts managers,we should aim for so much better.

Ok so, how do we do better? Not saying we dont have failings and our manager is perfect and unfallable, but still curious what would you do to make us better, realistically?

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There are reasons you get a doing sometimes it’s the guy who sets out the game plan 

I know that gin.and I'm fearfully the way things are going.levein scenario all over again.what also really rankles is a certain dafty that I believe goes out his way to rile already irate supporters who care.

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

I know that gin.and I'm fearfully the way things are going.levein scenario all over again.what also really rankles is a certain dafty that I believe goes out his way to rile already irate supporters who care.

I think people mean well. Just some folk don’t think we should be doing better and most people I know think we should. Wouldn’t let it bother you. Robbie will stay until Ann budge is good and ready for him to go. Fans opinion won’t bother her one iota. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes they are 

Problem was continuing to look for ways forward when there weren't any. Good  teams retain possession, start again, don't play non percentage hoofs.

Hearts  were under pressure, resulting in loss of possession,  from Series A perennials who are ducking quality , generally, if not the total cream.

Edited by Riccarton3

42 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Generaliy our signings this summer have been hugely disappointing. Several couldn’t even start tonight. The recruitment, with a biggest budget, has been underwhelming and very poor. Savage should be on the clock. 

I caveat this because of the muppets I’m responding too, that this is not because of the result tonight (I’m enjoying a pint after a fantastic day in Florence and expected a 0-3 or 4) but because so many Hearts fans agree that we can be better. Neilson is so obviously not the guy to take us there. 

Men against boys and all we can afford are boys. You can’t blame the manager because compared to proper professional teams, he has nothing to work with. The same can be said with the hun and tim, made very obvious this week.

Maybe the penny is dropping that we need a commercial league like everywhere else in Europe.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Thought Sibbick played well tonight fair play to the lad must have had his confidence knocked but he should start on Sunday. 

Tbf, he came on in a no lose situation and played well. Good for his confidence.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Problem was continuing to look for ways forward when there weren't any. Good  team retain possession, start again, don't play non percentage hoofs.

Hearts  were under pressure, resulting in loss of possession,  from Series A perennials who are ducking quality , generally, if not the total cream.

Yip 

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

You miss the point quite spectacularly yet again.

Unfortunately JKB is full of so called Hearts supporters with unrealistic expectations  who spend their time googling London Hearts to support their unbalanced views of what Hearts can achieve against top class opposition. The saddest thing is that a good few thought we could beat a Club whose opponents include AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and Lazio because they had a bad start to their season. Which frankly is ludicrous as the results proved. I for one am not happy but what really riles me Is the morons with their “get stuck into the attitude”

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ok so, how do we do better? Not saying we dont have failings and our manager is perfect and unfallable, but still curious what would you do to make us better, realistically?

Robbie wouldn’t have got the job in the first place,Savage has signed some real quality and deserves a great deal of appreciation for what he’s done.The manager doesn’t.
We are too slow,reactive rather than proactive,teams look fitter than we are,manager blames the players and won’t accept he does anything wrong (very Levein),square pegs in round holes.

In summary,RN isn’t anywhere near the man we need to go forward.