• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Taffin

• Harry Potter

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm really not enjoying watching us anymore. Its not the losing, its the cluelessness of how we set up. Is it not common sense when you're playing a better opponent to choke the midfield? Devlin is an absolute terrier so Robbie benches him? especially at a time where he's suspended against Killie and we're struggling managing the midweek so need fresh legs at the weekend? John McGlynn went to Anfield with a team of kids and got a draw against a Liverpool team with Luis Suarez in it. We're out with a whimper AGAIN. We're being outfought and look like we've quit constantly. 

We look so disorganised, that I'm genuinely wondering what we're doing in training. We can barely pass a ball, our players don't know when to release a ball. Our attackers are utterly ineffective. 

A lot of this is on the coaches, but this squad needs some serious work as well, we need some actual leadership and characters in the squad. Its just shit. 

Again, if we were doing basics right, fine. No problem, but we're not and look completely lost and devoid of ideas. Our build up play is so ****ing slow and ponderous. We seem to make too many passes. Its just not good to watch. 

Agree with everything you have just said. This is how I'm feeling as well. 

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm really not enjoying watching us anymore. Its not the losing, its the cluelessness of how we set up. Is it not common sense when you're playing a better opponent to choke the midfield? 

We look so disorganised, that I'm genuinely wondering what we're doing in training. We can barely pass a ball, our players don't know when to release a ball. Our attackers are utterly ineffective. 

A lot of this is on the coaches, but this squad needs some serious work as well, we need some actual leadership and characters in the squad. Its just shit

100% this.

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

**** off Halliday you waste of space. 

Running over to Jovic to beg for his shirt. An absolute clown of a footballer. If he’s ever seen in a Hearts shirt again it’ll be too soon. Embarrassing he’s a constant starter for us.

Saw that too. Probably thinking more about the podcast than hurting about the result

buzzbomb1958
10 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Thing is nothing will change with Neilson at the helm . 4 wins in 19 games , let that sink in 

He should be gone and whoever gave him a new contract should be bombed as well

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Riga had a man sent off with 20 minutes to go as well and still drew with a team that completely outclassed us. 

They have a manager.

1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Didnt see too much to fear for next week.

We can go to Italy  with a fresh game plan and bring home 3 points.

Itll be some night! 

:rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

On the bright side, Robbie never got sent to the stand. 

He should be taking the stand in a court of law after that performance.

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm really not enjoying watching us anymore. Its not the losing, its the cluelessness of how we set up. Is it not common sense when you're playing a better opponent to choke the midfield? Devlin is an absolute terrier so Robbie benches him? especially at a time where he's suspended against Killie and we're struggling managing the midweek so need fresh legs at the weekend? John McGlynn went to Anfield with a team of kids and got a draw against a Liverpool team with Luis Suarez in it. We're out with a whimper AGAIN. We're being outfought and look like we've quit constantly. 

A lot of this is on the coaches, but this squad needs some serious work as well, we need some actual leadership and characters in the squad. Its just shit. 

Again, if we were doing basics right, fine. No problem, but we're not and look completely lost and devoid of ideas. Our build up play is so ****ing slow and ponderous. We seem to make too many passes. Its just not good to watch. 

You get it mate, hate losing, can accept that if we've given it our all, what gets me is the manner of the defeats, not acceptable.

Anyone who thinks Neilson is the man to take us forward after the last two games is round the twist in my opinion.  The tried and tested ‘let the opposition have the ball till they’re on our box’ tactic is ****ing grim. 

south morocco

We’ll pump them over there😀. Sair watching that but the result not unexpected.  Hope the management learn from this, doubt it though l

32 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Quality over quantity signings this season.

What an absolute ******* joke.

Wasting your breath with some mate. They thought we added lots of good players where in fact all we did is replace some of the shite we’ve got rid of over the last year or so with equal guff! A quite incredible scenario given the time we’ve had to plan since the start of the year. Savage should be under a lot of scrutiny right now if he’s seeing his head coach still picking Smith (a great servant btw) and Halliday in such matches. Utter shambles from start to finish and the budget differences and class gulf simply won’t wash when you perform like that. Riga have now drawn with both of them! The pressure is going to mount very quickly now and they’ve brought it all upon themselves. 

Cut The Crap

Terrible performance. Didn’t even try to have a go until the game was beyond us. Happens a lot under Robbie.

Just now, Australis said:

Horrendous figures. But so many on here think is great.

Its because the alternative is a Maloney or Cathro. Looking at the results over the years, finishing 3rd back to back is a tough ask, and if we have a manager that can do it, no matter how grim, eye bleeding it is, we need to stick with it. 

The horrible fact is, Neilsons job is to get us 3rd, I'm hoping (christ its all i've got at this point) that the combined effect of having back to back European Qualifications will bring in the money needed to kick things up a notch, sign competent players that can actually play football and don't look like they've been drafted in from bloody Spartans. 

Again, to say it I hate Neilsons approach to football. I hate this focus on possession based football with slow build up play. Its tedious and frustrating to watch. I can buy into a 'project', but I'm not sure what the project is, its certainly not the development of young talent. Anyway, lets hope things change.., 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Pity he didn’t get sent to the ****ing moon!! 

With a rocket up his arse.

Riga get a draw again, not because they’ve got the better players, and I didn’t see their game but I’ll hazard a guess that they defended well, came up with a game plan to nullify their opponents biggest threats and didn’t give anything away cheaply. Something we can’t  do, it’s like every game we have the same plan regardless of who’s on the pitch

Edited by QEC-Hearts

StirlingJambo

One of the worst first half performances I’ve seen in a long time. Team had clearly been told to sit back, every time there was a chance of a press the full midfield wouldn’t cross the half way line. Gordon must of had at least 10 long floated balls upto Shankland with nobody around him. Two left backs at centre back a young guy who hadn’t kicked a baw until this season, a centre mid at left back and passed it right back who I don’t think would get into a starting line up in any other team in our league.

Neilson done what he was brought in to do, get us promoted and a solid first season back. It’s time for him to go regressing at an alarming rate.

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Everyone’s holding for the final whistle before starting the Robbie oot bananza!!

Absolutely pointless agenda. Euro is a free hit. League is judge n jury.

1 minute ago, QEC-Hearts said:

Riga get a draw again, not because they’ve got the better players, and I didn’t see their game but I’ll hazard a guess that they defended well, came up with a game plan to nullify their opponents biggest threats and didn’t give anything away cheaply. Something we can’t  do, it’s like every game we have the same plan regardless of who’s on the pitch

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Fair point, but also:

Screenshot_20221006-215523.png

We beat RFS.

Should RFS fans go mental because they they never beat us?

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Absolutely pointless agenda. Euro is a free hit. League is judge n jury.

Aye and that's going well eh?

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Saw that too. Probably thinking more about the podcast than hurting about the result

Really really irked me. 

Wouldn’t mind if he was a decent player or even had a decent game. He was a man short as per usual.

He’s got to have scuddy photos of Neilson. It’s the only logical reason he constantly plays.

Dennis Reynolds
On 01/10/2022 at 21:08, Dennis Reynolds said:

0-3. 

On 04/10/2022 at 20:47, Dennis Reynolds said:

Fingers crossed we don't lose an early goal and the atmosphere is completely sucked out of it.

Better put a lottery ticket on.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd say Doddie was a better manager than them all except jj, and he won **** all and taken 2 attempts to get promoted. 

Red card.🙃

Doddie is one of my favs built us back up from nothing.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We beat RFS.

On recent performances yes 

1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

we now need 2 goals to win, however the Italians may score again

Why don’t you give up on this crap?

It wasn’t funny when you started it, it’s continued to be not funny.

Have you got it yet?  

It’s not funny..

Owls are wise - you are tedious. 

Just now, QEC-Hearts said:

No doubt at all, Riga know if they try and play football against Istanbul, or Fiorentina, they're going to lose. So they set up to be defensive, play an ugly game and grind it out for that point (and draw money!). Ironically, we've probably only notched a win, because they've had a go against us... I don't have confidence we have the quality in our team to break them down. 

Churchill Barrier
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We beat RFS.

Probably we are awful

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Better put a lottery ticket on.

To be fair, you don't have to be mystic meg with those predictions

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We beat RFS.

yeah, they blew a chance to get 2nd in the group. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, south morocco said:

We’ll pump them over there😀. Sair watching that but the result not unexpected.  Hope the management learn from this, doubt it though l

Its all about the learning. Wait till next yr.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

Doddie is one of my favs built us back up from nothing.

I agree. 

Same as Nelson first time

Your criteria for a top Hearts manager seemed to be a cup win, Doddie quite rightly proves that is incorrect.

Life Aquatic

Trying to get my kid into Hearts instead of the old firm or English Premier teams his pals at school support... getting increasingly difficult with these performances lately. 🙄

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

FT ok we were playing a Serie A side, but we are utterly clueless. It's like the squad has only just met for the first time. Once again Robbies brutal tactics and inability to change things have cost us. 

Clueless, gutless, shocking display and thats just the coaching staff. Players have no idea of tactics, basic skills and compliment admirably their management teams mismanagement. A huge improvement required on all fronts if we are to stand any chance of a third place finish in the SPL

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We beat RFS.

Why should they go mental? They're not a good football team. They have however evidently got their approach and collective effort right to get two good results against teams on a different financial playing field to them.

2 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Probably we are awful

Probably we are awful?

No, definitely we are awful.

Churchill Barrier
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its all about the learning. Wait till next yr.

What? Watching another scottish team as not a chance we will finish 3rd. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

No doubt at all, Riga know if they try and play football against Istanbul, or Fiorentina, they're going to lose. So they set up to be defensive, play an ugly game and grind it out for that point (and draw money!). Ironically, we've probably only notched a win, because they've had a go against us... I don't have confidence we have the quality in our team to break them down. 

Truth is we got a penalty and a last minute breakaway where their man slipped.

Good result but it could have been quite different.

Bit like Ross county and Motherwell tbh.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Life Aquatic said:

Trying to get my kid into Hearts instead of the old firm or English Premier teams his pals at school support... getting increasingly difficult with these performances lately. 🙄

Have you tried hypnotism? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Probably we are awful

Better than RFS.

Worse than Istanbul and Fiorentina. 

I'm not shocked at the way the cards fell.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Surprised he wasn't doing it last Saturday, too.

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar he did. Just inside the changing room. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The team we beat 2 nil

Indeed. Football games are won and lost in 90 minutes on the day/night...not on balance sheets. Will the richer teams generally win more? Yes, but it's nowhere near as foregone as some suggest on here.

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Where did this "free hit" shite come from? I've noticed it now whenever we play the OF, and especially away. Now it's used for an entire competition?

Shite phrase.

Nobody gave a toss we were humpty in the league when we were knocking out Velez Mostar, Austria Vienna and pushing Bayern all the way.

This. 

Can imagine Fiorentina spent about 5 mins analysis on us. Watch how we set up for goal kicks/dead balls and pick us off. Why do we persist in trying to play out from the back/split the centre halves when we 1) don't have a keeper who's comfortable with the ball at his feet and 2) with defenders who clearly look unsure what they're meant to do when they get the ball. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Taffin said:

Why should they go mental? They're not a good football team. They have however evidently got their approach and collective effort right to get two good results against teams on a different financial playing field to them.

Aye, but then got papped at home by us.

Pointless getting the odd battling draw then getting papped by the team closest to you.

The RFS results v other teams mean nothing,  another Pointless post by you to prove- nothing, as per.

Churchill Barrier
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Better than RFS.

Worse than Istanbul and Fiorentina. 

I'm not shocked at the way the cards 

No as they are falling every week. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Indeed. Football games are won and lost in 90 minutes on the day/night...not on balance sheets. Will the richer teams generally win more? Yes, but it's nowhere near as foregone as some suggest on here.

Well it is really. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's also not just as easy  as have ago, believe, look at other teams  and press like many other's suggest on here.