*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Smith plays deep...

You watched us recently?

He's been practically a inside right forward since the WC!

Boy is up and down all game.

Aye, apologies, I more meant a player that's maybe more suited to the position.

I think Smith is absolutely fantastic. Really like him and he's been amazing for us but I always feel his natural game is as right back and he's filling that position.

Also worth mentioning that if Atkinson isn't fancied there just now for whatever reason, there's not many that can play RWB.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

Particularly in our system where Smith is on the right and is primarily there as a deeper player which means your LWB needs to do more.

Honestly think they're looking at Patterson to play here as he's got an engine like a tractor and will happily 'balance' the team more making runs all day up the right.

1241EB2F-55A8-4429-8A3F-6F244429B705.jpeg

59037FF4-858D-4992-B6B7-11D01B3070B5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

MG, so maloney phones Humphrys

"Hi, I'm the new wigan manager and ex-hibby 'managing' gnome, would you like to come back to wigan and join the futile fight against relegation?"

Humphrys: "**** right off!"

Just a pity that isn’t how it works isn’t it?  
Maloney phones Humphrys and says ‘be at Wigan training at 9 on Monday morning’ 

Humphrys says ‘ok boss’ 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Just a pity that isn’t how it works isn’t it?  
Maloney phones Humphrys and says ‘be at Wigan training at 9 on Monday morning’ 

Humphrys says ‘ok boss’ 

I wouldn't bet on it

Pasquale for King

After ruining him at ER you wouldn't put it past the poison dwarf to recall Humps just to try and cause us a problem. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

After ruining him at ER you wouldn't put it past the poison dwarf to recall Humps just to try and cause us a problem. 

Well, can you imagine him telling the chairman that?

He'd be like, wtf?

That wee d!ck is a cheap temporary solution

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He'd be like, wtf?

He would just say we need all the players we can to avoid relegation. Sounds like we are paying about a quarter of his wages. 
Might be more important to keep him here than sign anyone else. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He would just say we need all the players we can to avoid relegation. Sounds like we are paying about a quarter of his wages. 
Might be more important to keep him here than sign anyone else. 

They're going down, they know it; that's why they got maloney in

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

🤞

Plus, I think we're paying most, or all of the wage for Humphrys; it was a pretty last minute, urgent deal, if you recall the last day of the summer window, for a guy who was signed when wigan were in L1; wigan were probably struggling even then

We might actually not get a better chance to bid for him than right now, either

50 minutes ago, CMc said:

1241EB2F-55A8-4429-8A3F-6F244429B705.jpeg

59037FF4-858D-4992-B6B7-11D01B3070B5.jpeg

Interesting graphic.  I’d never have thought Smith was one of our furthest forward!  Still think CP can cover there.  Smithy has still got a lot to offer but is always a challenge or sprint away from injury and missing a game or two.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Plus, I think we're paying most, or all of the wage for Humphrys; it was a pretty last minute, urgent deal, if you recall the last day of the summer window, for a guy who was signed when wigan were in L1; wigan were probably struggling even then

He’s supposed to be on £20k a week if rumours are true, they are a championship team after all, for the next few months anyway. 
When they go down so will the wages and the fire-sale would begin, could be an even better deal. Hope he stays for a good few years. 

9 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Interesting graphic.  I’d never have thought Smith was one of our furthest forward!  

Statements like yours completely baffle me .

Surely if you watch the games you can see where Smith is ?

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Interesting graphic.  I’d never have thought Smith was one of our furthest forward!  Still think CP can cover there.  Smithy has still got a lot to offer but is always a challenge or sprint away from injury and missing a game or two.

Do you watch us?

Baffling tbh.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

Aye, apologies, I more meant a player that's maybe more suited to the position.

I think Smith is absolutely fantastic. Really like him and he's been amazing for us but I always feel his natural game is as right back and he's filling that position.

Also worth mentioning that if Atkinson isn't fancied there just now for whatever reason, there's not many that can play RWB.

Makes sense. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s supposed to be on £20k a week if rumours are true, they are a championship team after all, for the next few months anyway. 
When they go down so will the wages and the fire-sale would begin, could be an even better deal. Hope he stays for a good few years. 

£20K? Almost spat out my chicken kebab :rofl:

That would make no sense; we'll just have to wait and see what transpires

Drylaw Hearts

Wigans wage bill is £7.5m so I’m not convinced they were paying £1m of that to a guy who wasn’t even getting a game for them prior to his move to us.

59 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He'd be like, wtf?

So that’s why they have given him a 3.5 year contract.   Doesn’t seem temporary. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

£20K? Almost spat out my chicken kebab :rofl:

That would make no sense; we'll just have to wait and see what transpires

Just going with whats been said on here so not sure if thats correct, im sure someone will know more. Isnt Paterson on £12k a week and the 2nd highest paid player in L1 after Bannan? Scary money which we contribute to by having Sky 🤦🏽
Top earner is £18k but Humps isnt on the list. 
https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/wigan-athletic/

Edited by Pasquale for King

Shooter McGavin

Check the nick of the replies to this, Blackpool fans chuffed that they got beat in the FA Cup.

”Well done lads 🍊

”Happy with that”

Cannot believe these same fans thought they were a step up for Sibbick…

:facepalm:

49 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Would be very surprise I’d if we were. In any case we  will be paying them a loan fee not his wages.  Would be very surprised if we are paying a circa £600k+ loan fee for a guy that couldn’t get a game for Wigan. 

36 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Sounds like they've got a few players lined up to come in.

We will see like, yes we will see. Yes we will see. 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Statements like yours completely baffle me .

Surely if you watch the games you can see where Smith is ?

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Do you watch us?

Baffling tbh.

🤷‍♀️ sorry lads, obviously not paying enough attention.  Will try harder.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Humphrys was signed from Rochdale in 2021 as a squad player. I suspect he's probably within our wage budget.

Hope so, I'd absolutely love to see Humps signed permanently.

You can tell he defences don't like dealing with him. Big strong and pacey. ****ing nightmare material for most sides defenders. 

colinmorewasgash
20 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

We will see like, yes we will see. Yes we will see. 

Sheff wed financial problems weren't helped by the global pandemic and in their latest published accounts for June 2020 to July 2021 it showed the Owls were losing almost £500,000 per week with the debts at the club growing to £124m. article28 Jun 2022. 

When you see what debts of them and blackpool in lge above how do they survive. I think they are trying to up price for patty to get players in. Moore hardly played him till injuries.

Edited by colinmorewasgash
mistype

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hope so, I'd absolutely love to see Humps signed permanently.

You can tell he defences don't like dealing with him. Big strong and pacey. ****ing nightmare material for most sides defenders. 

And a bit of the devil in him too, it's a brave guy that acts the hardman with Humps in the team.

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Sheff wed financial problems weren't helped by the global pandemic and in their latest published accounts for June 2020 to July 2021 it showed the Owls were losing almost £500,000 per week with the debts at the club growing to £124m. article28 Jun 2022. 

When she see what debts of them and blackpool in lge above how do they survive. I think they are trying to up price for patty to get players in. Moore hardly played him till injuries.

Half a million a week? **** me!

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

🫣🤪😶🤯

23 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

When you see what debts of them and blackpool in lge above how do they survive. I think they are trying to up price for patty to get players in. Moore hardly played him till injuries.

That level of losses isn't sustainable. Even in England, their not even Championship at the moment. £500k a week is administration territory!!!

£124m in debt is frightening. That isn't a well run club. Christ on a bike.... 

Thing is, as much as we'd love Paterson now, we don't NEED him. This is going down to the wire, but I have confidence in Robbie and Joe to do right by the club. I don't think we're going to be squeezed for a deal now. If its the summer then so be it. 

Do think this team can go for the Scottish cup this season though, so would like Paterson in now for that. 

jamboinglasgow

certainly seems that Paterson will come down to the wire with the window. We just have to wait and see.

I must admit, though I am happy if we have no more signings, my transfer window greed would love if there was some (realistic) rumours around about other players we are after.

Incredible to think a great club like Sheffield Wednesday are £124m in debt. Just goes to show the facade that is English football for what it is. 

9 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I don’t think Henderson will be back at Hearts, but he could do well (again) the lower leagues.

I still have hopes for Connor Smith, but understand why a loan might be good. A bit surprised that Hamilton would be the right team though.

Henderson came on for Queens Park midway through second half against Dundee. His team promptly conceeded 3 goals, looked to be tiring. He had some nice runs and touches but nothing to suggest he's a stand out in the championship. All the best to him, but not our level in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

certainly seems that Paterson will come down to the wire with the window. We just have to wait and see.

I must admit, though I am happy if we have no more signings, my transfer window greed would love if there was some (realistic) rumours around about other players we are after.

Got to agree, the Hibs game really brought home just how strong a squad we have. Hibs dominated possession and pushed us hard for 60 odd minutes, and then we were able to bring on Humps, Kingsley and Grant to totally change the flow of the game. Thats leaving Oda and the Aussie wonderkid on the bench!!!

For me, the priority now is getting extensions doled out. 

I have this absolutely horrible feeling at the back of my mind that the huns are going to turn the last year of Shanklands contract into a ****ing Walkersque mess if we don't get his future sorted now. Yes, we have two more seasons after this, but much like Hibs with Porteous, lets not leave things until its too late to act. Give Shanks a long term deal and throw the weight of the club behind the most prolific striker since John Robertson! Not only is he doing the business by banging in the goals, he's also leading the team too!! Its an absolute no brainer. Give him a contract into his early 30s. to 2028 would make him 32, I'd not balk at that. Give him that level of security. He's worth it. 100%. 

Obviously, we've got Gino and Snodric out of contract at the end of the season, extending both would be great, and next season Devlin and Beni. Think its fair to say Cochrane and Sibbick would be worth looking at too. If we act now and can get deals done before the summer, we could very well have a young talented core of our team tied up long term and give Robbie the flexibility to begin really building a team that can challenge the OF! 

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Humphrys was signed from Rochdale in 2021 as a squad player. I suspect he's probably within our wage budget.

Did neilson not come out and day good wages were too high a couple weeks back? I could be talking crap 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Got to agree, the Hibs game really brought home just how strong a squad we have. Hibs dominated possession and pushed us hard for 60 odd minutes, and then we were able to bring on Humps, Kingsley and Grant to totally change the flow of the game. Thats leaving Oda and the Aussie wonderkid on the bench!!!

For me, the priority now is getting extensions doled out. 

I have this absolutely horrible feeling at the back of my mind that the huns are going to turn the last year of Shanklands contract into a ****ing Walkersque mess if we don't get his future sorted now. Yes, we have two more seasons after this, but much like Hibs with Porteous, lets not leave things until its too late to act. Give Shanks a long term deal and throw the weight of the club behind the most prolific striker since John Robertson! Not only is he doing the business by banging in the goals, he's also leading the team too!! Its an absolute no brainer. Give him a contract into his early 30s. to 2028 would make him 32, I'd not balk at that. Give him that level of security. He's worth it. 100%. 

Obviously, we've got Gino and Snodric out of contract at the end of the season, extending both would be great, and next season Devlin and Beni. Think its fair to say Cochrane and Sibbick would be worth looking at too. If we act now and can get deals done before the summer, we could very well have a young talented core of our team tied up long term and give Robbie the flexibility to begin really building a team that can challenge the OF! 

H1b5 were allowed to dominate possession.

We were set up perfectly 👍🏻

Edited by ShedBoy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

🤷‍♀️ sorry lads, obviously not paying enough attention.  Will try harder.

😁

👍

39 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yes, we've basically put our offers in and the ball is in their court.  In the absence of them getting a better offer before the window closes, their options would appear to be...

Hold onto him and pay his wages for the rest of the season then lose him for nothing

Agree to loan him to us, offset some of his wages then lose him for nothing

Agree a permanent deal with us, get him off the wage bill and get a small fee

If it's true that CP wants to come back to Hearts, then even if another club makes a better offer to SW, he doesn't need to agree to it.  As time rumbles on, it increasingly looks like we are the only show in town if SW want to get him off the wage bill.

Edited by RobNox

15 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

H1b5 were allowed to dominate possession.

We were set up perfectly 👍🏻

Maybe, but we didn't really feel the benefit of that until the changes were made at the 60 minute mark, up to that point my heart was going like a ****ing bongo drum :D 

10 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Apart from those two and I’m sure some others we don’t score from set pieces. Oh wait I thought of another goal. Halliday against some team from a corner. But set pieces are not our forte. Another one, Rowles header. One more kinda, Atkinson against Kilmarnock. Truth is not many teams score direct from set pieces. There’s a lot of headed clearances that come back in and then bounce around for a bit. Then maybe a goal. Not the classic set piece goal but still a goal. Doubt we’re better or worse than others. We’re one of three teams with a + goal difference. I doubt the minus goal difference teams have a high percentage of goals from set pieces. 

A bit late for a reply, but it was away v Ross Co that Halliday scored from a corner delivered by Snoddy. The next home game v 'Well saw a carbon copy with Halliday again scoring from a corner delivered by Snoddy.

Two headed goals from two good corners.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

A bit late for a reply, but it was away v Ross Co that Halliday scored from a corner delivered by Snoddy. The next home game v 'Well saw a carbon copy with Halliday again scoring from a corner delivered by Snoddy.

Two headed goals from two good corners.

Tbh I only want Snodgrass taking our corners. Might be harsh, but has McKay ever taken a good corner? IMO Snodgrass is the only player that has any business taking them at the moment. 

2 stunning headers from Halliday in 2 weeks isn't a fluke.