• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Harry Potter

Her indoors woud have the heating on all day every day if she could. I relented last night as it was a bit cooler. We've just moved to an older cottage with a coal fire so i'll be getting the sweep in to open it again. Lovely!

One our daughters has moved back and I’m dreading the winter heating bills as she will be home, whereas her mum and me will be working. Normally no heating on until 6pm - 10pm but can’t have her freezing. Bloody shame it’s got to this. The world is a feked up place right now and who knows when it’s going to end

Edited by 1971fozzy

Reluctantly had to put heating on for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon as was feeling really chilled. Hate this time of year having to give these money grabbing energy companies money.

joondalupjambo

I am heading in the wrong direction and feck it I will be warm this winter.  Not going to go through another one worrying about something out of my control.  

No pockets in a shroud. Have a wee jig to this and that will keep you warm👍

Edited by joondalupjambo

5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

pockets in a shroud. Have a wee jig to this and that will keep you warm👍

Completely agree 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Monday put heating on for 1st time for about 6mionths only for 45mins to give a wee boost, not bothering today as not as could.

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No need I'm in hospital

What’s up with you?  

How long have you been in and when are you getting out.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What’s up with you?  

How long have you been in and when are you getting out.

Psychiatric hospital

2 weeks then I can go maybe sooner I'm in doing okay on the new pills

highlandjambo3
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Psychiatric hospital

Ok…..stay strong…..good luck

If it was up to me the heating would still be left unused, but one of my polish housemates has had it on near constant for the past few weeks. I thought the polish winters would have hardened him up a bit the chilly weather.

Carl Fredrickson
11 hours ago, Boris said:

General question here, but for those who have not been using your heating, and you pay by direct debit, has your monthly payment reduced?

Mine didnt but I requested a refund of part of the credit amount on my account. This was quite a few hundred. I was told that this was to see me through winter but this had been accumulated over about a year. To date my DD has remained the same. 

Heating isnt on yet and will only go on in the winter when I have my kids at weekends. 

12 hours ago, Boris said:

General question here, but for those who have not been using your heating, and you pay by direct debit, has your monthly payment reduced?

Scottish Power allow you to set your own DD amount which using your last 12 months usage shows the impact on your balance at the end of the year. Assume not all providers allow you to do that ? 

We’ve just reduced ours by £100 a month as we have a credit of £1200 going into the winter. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Just got our update from British Gas it says we are currently £606 in credit and by May 2024 we will still be £120 in credit when i went to ask for a refund it says we can't because we may use more during the winter what a lot of bollocks. Our current DD is £120 per month what a shower of sheisters i think i'll amend it to £20 for one month

Thanks for the replies.

I'm with E:On Next, dd of £220 pcm (Gas & Elec) but a fair bit in credit.  They tend to alter the DD up or down but I don't know if I can change it myself.

I'm probably just lazy and let it build up to cushion any future increase!

Plus they are at me to get a smart meter and I can't be ersed.

18 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Psychiatric hospital

Good luck Rudi 

45 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just got our update from British Gas it says we are currently £606 in credit and by May 2024 we will still be £120 in credit when i went to ask for a refund it says we can't because we may use more during the winter what a lot of bollocks. Our current DD is £120 per month what a shower of sheisters i think i'll amend it to £20 for one month

Yep bollocks . You are Legally entitled to it . They want to keep ur money in their account so they can acrue the interest 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep bollocks . You are Legally entitled to it . They want to keep ur money in their account so they can acrue the interest 

Not only that, at the end of your account year, they'll actually use that credit to lower your DD for the following year, making it look like you're getting a good deal. If you're shopping around for a new supplier, you have to remember to subtract the amount of credit you have with the old supplier from other supplier's prices for the year to make sure you're getting the full picture.

4 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

Not only that, at the end of your account year, they'll actually use that credit to lower your DD for the following year, making it look like you're getting a good deal. If you're shopping around for a new supplier, you have to remember to subtract the amount of credit you have with the old supplier from other supplier's prices for the year to make sure you're getting the full picture.

👍

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

lucky you

No really my council tax went up . Rob Peter to pay Paul 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

No really my council tax went up . Rob Peter to pay Paul 

it will be frozen next year though that's something to look forward to

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

it will be frozen next year though that's something to look forward to

Cannae win 

21 hours ago, Boris said:

I had 500 credit at the start of the summer and they wanted to put my DDM up by £40 pcm...I put it down by £50 instead.

Still using air-conditioning.  

26 degrees today.

Feckin Christmas shite is going up in the streets though.

On 18/10/2023 at 19:36, crunchy frog said:

Happy glen frey day

The heatings on

That 👆 is one of my gal's fave tunes.

Turn yer heating OFF and embrace the freeze ...

• 1 month later...