Well done to all Hearts fan's in Riga tonight..

Tott

I know I’m not the most intelligent being to grace the streets of Woodburn but it’s just dawned on me that in the Europa Conference League we appear to be the best supported team in Group A.

Edit: that’s a bit h1b5 eh? 🤔

Edited by ShedBoy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• Francis Albert

• ShedBoy

• Riga Party Bus

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Peteg75 said:

There was definitely some fans singing about the Union Jack...  c'mon folks were Scottish.. 

We are also at least for the time being at least  British. Like it or not. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Come on, you know it's a sectarian song. Fine if that floats your boat but it has nothing to do with our club 

It doesn't float any boat of mine. Neither do Irish republican songs. But the UK is a free country. Well freer than most.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Come on, you know it's a sectarian song. Fine if that floats your boat but it has nothing to do with our club 

Are we talking about the adaption of Lee Marvin’s “wandering star”? If so, you can’t unfortunately say it has nothing to do with us. I first heard it sung on a dreich mid-week night at Ibrox around 1969 or 1970, sung solely by Hearts fans with Rangers fans   listening in respectful silence. By the Saturday, they were singing much the same thing with a few changes to location. But I agree it belongs in the past. 

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Are we talking about the adaption of Lee Marvin’s “wandering star”? If so, you can’t unfortunately say it has nothing to do with us. I first heard it sung on a dreich mid-week night at Ibrox around 1969 or 1970, sung solely by Hearts fans with Rangers fans   listening in respectful silence. By the Saturday, they were singing much the same thing with a few changes to location. But I agree it belongs in the past. 

It has nothing to do with our football club. Of course our fans used to sing it along with other sectarian crap which, as you say,belongs in the past.

Anyway, no more on this from me as it should all be about a good away win in Europe

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

So boring how all these threads eventually go the same way with the same arguments. 

Anyway, looked absolutely incredible last night and chuffed folk there got a result to celebrate. Riga as a club, city and fans seem pretty decent as well. None of this pavement dancing shite it doesn't seem. 

Agree, there was some poster on here saying i hope the UJ brigade behave in a previous trip and it was based on nothing. ferk all , just his hatred i think 

Hearts fans were awesome last night 

Edited by SCFHearts

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but you must be deaf. As for sectarian, Where the fxxxxxs shite their load? Plus Hello hello with the same sectarian reference. Thankfully neither was that loud as PHM sing Hearts songs 

We're you there mate?

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but you must be deaf. As for sectarian, Where the fxxxxxs shite their load? Plus Hello hello with the same sectarian reference. Thankfully neither was that loud as PHM sing Hearts songs 

We're you there mate?

We_are_the_Hearts

Travelling home from Riga and sad the way this thread has went. The Hearts support were outstanding. One of the best trips, banter was brilliant, made even better by the easily offended snowflakes sitting in their jammies on their computer. Deal with it 🖕

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Travelling home from Riga and sad the way this thread has went. The Hearts support were outstanding. One of the best trips, banter was brilliant, made even better by the easily offended snowflakes sitting in their jammies on their computer. Deal with it 🖕

Well said

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We are also at least for the time being at least  British. Like it or not. 

We are representing the Scottish league. There is no GB domestic league.

gorgie rd eh11
6 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Why do some get so bothered about a song sung by some of the traveling support We won 2-0 away, great times, enjoy the moment i say 

Because it damages Hearts by putting off new supporters. Edinburgh is growing but not with W.A.S.P.'s. The other lot are attracting the new support.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Because it damages Hearts by putting off new supporters. Edinburgh is growing but not with W.A.S.P.'s. The other lot are attracting the new support.

Does it ?? never new singing what ever has such an impact

Just shows eh 

6 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

You have to be shitting me?

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Really? 

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Where  the fxxxxxs shite their loads

There’s no such line in the song, even the Rangers version doesn’t have a sectarian reference 

Do you know where hell is?

Hell is Easter Road

Heaven is Tynecastle 

Where the hibees shite their load

Oh I was born under a Union Jack

A Union Union Jack

Please highlight the offensive/damaging bit. Cheers 👍🏻

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, beerbandit said:

We are representing the Scottish league. There is no GB domestic league.

More the SFA surely? 

We have a national team and Scottish club representation in Europe basically as an inheritance of the UK being the birthplace of football. 

Being born under a Union Jack indeed!

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There’s no such line in the song, even the Rangers version doesn’t have a sectarian reference 

Dangerous these folk, make the shite up as they go along 

Anyway, every single one of you who went to Riga are full time legends in my book. Without you, there is no game. Well done one and all 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻♥️

16 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Not sure if that's correct. We've sold out all the season tickets that were available a few months ago.

Riga Party Bus
34 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

100% this.

The UJ stuff was sung but the vast majority declined.

Currently on another bender with a bunch of random Jambos and some English guys. 

Fans were superb.

We_are_the_Hearts

And for information the bad men singing they songs, Ann Budge and Joe Savage were buying them drinks on Wednesday night in the Funny Fox. Deal with it 🖕

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

Fans were tremendous. Couple of isolated incidents which lasted no time at all in a support of 1500+, many of whom had had a beverage or 10, it’s honestly crazy that people are getting worked up. Show me a club of our size in the UK who doesn’t have some element of gadges, troublemakers or simply guys away for a few days with no cares or responsibilities having a good time and being a little raucous and over the top. Its not a Hearts problem, most if not all of any slightly antisocial behavior witnessed is a societal problem not a football one! It’s not a significant issue for our club and shouldn’t be allowed to overshadow and take away from a magnificent traveling support, one which RFS and their fans loved! 

The Riga trip was one of my best European trips ever!

As near to perfection on and off the pitch as you will ever get!

‘Total Team’ work, the supporters inspired the team and when the game kicked have they (players) reciprocated.

ALL supporters we’re great ambassadors whilst traveling and in the bars and restaurants …. I’m sure all in Riga love us!

One waitress in a restaurant I was in said; “do Hearts fans love Latvia so much that they’ve all dressed in our national colours??!”

♥️♥️♥️♥️

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

‘Total Team’ work, the supporters inspired the team and when the game kicked have they (players) reciprocated.

ALL supporters we’re great ambassadors whilst traveling and in the bars and restaurants …. I’m sure all in Riga love us!

One waitress in a restaurant I was in said; “do Hearts fans love Latvia so much that they’ve all dressed in our national colours??!”

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Now, this is more like the sort of post that should be on this thread. 

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

And they are all dressing up as seats apparently 

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for your post!  You must look at this thread think WTF.  Apart from the resident Hobos and 'flakes, most on here think the support was braw.

Edited by Birregrande

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Stop slavering pish it’s not sectarian in any way just try and enjoy a good win in Europe and fans well behaved 

54 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Fans were tremendous. Couple of isolated incidents which lasted no time at all in a support of 1500+, many of whom had had a beverage or 10, it’s honestly crazy that people are getting worked up. Show me a club of our size in the UK who doesn’t have some element of gadges, troublemakers or simply guys away for a few days with no cares or responsibilities having a good time and being a little raucous and over the top. Its not a Hearts problem, most if not all of any slightly antisocial behavior witnessed is a societal problem not a football one! It’s not a significant issue for our club and shouldn’t be allowed to overshadow and take away from a magnificent traveling support, one which RFS and their fans loved! 

Top post mate 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
43 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I agree.

The only trouble I heard about was a mob of Latvians with knuckle dusters, outside the funny fox at 2am on the Wednesday morning (possibly Thursday morning). The police apparently pepper sprayed them and told them to bolt, or the many Hearts fans would sort them.

And I only heard that story, didn't witness it.

As far as I saw, it was one massive party.

13 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

Big shout out to the Riga fans too. Very classy bunch. We were in the home section p and it was about 50/50 home and away. No bother at all, beer being passed around. In this cynical bigoted goldfish  bowl of Scottish football it was a breath of fresh air!

The security in the stadium were great as well. Let a few things slide, such as standing on the barriers over the walkway, that would result in you getting kicked out back home.

alicante jambo

Got the bus from riga this afternoon and no long arrived in kaunas. Wow just wow what an amazing few days met some great folk and shared plenty of beers but got to admit im fecked just cant handle it now but the best trip ever. What an atmosphere in the streets and stadium. I love this club and all you jambos out there. Ann budge and savage coming down the other night to see the fans. Another Long day ahead of us tomorrow but this trip will last with me forever.HHGH

6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Got the bus from riga this afternoon and no long arrived in kaunas. Wow just wow what an amazing few days met some great folk and shared plenty of beers but got to admit im fecked just cant handle it now but the best trip ever. What an atmosphere in the streets and stadium. I love this club and all you jambos out there. Ann budge and savage coming down the other night to see the fans. Another Long day ahead of us tomorrow but this trip will last with me forever.HHGH

Fantastic! Fans were outstanding on the telly. Gutted I missed this one due to work but hoping Florence is similar when I head over for it. Safe travels from Kaunus

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, JH-HMFC said:

Fantastic! Fans were outstanding on the telly. Gutted I missed this one due to work but hoping Florence is similar when I head over for it. Safe travels from Kaunus

Thanks mate. It really was amazing. Im trying to persuade the bird to get the flights booked to florence so might be there too. The last few days summed up our club we are one big family.

10 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Same here! That was a grim 4.5 hours on that bus with a hangover!

would love to say we are rocking Kaunus but that would be a lie! We are all tucked up In bed!
Riga has ruined us! 🤦🏻‍♂️

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, red said:

Same here! That was a grim 4.5 hours on that bus with a hangover!

would love to say we are rocking Kaunus but that would be a lie! We are all tucked up In bed!
Riga has ruined us! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lol i was dying. Head against the window all the way. It will take me a few days to get back to 100% but youve got to say its deffo worth it.

Riga Party Bus
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

100% this.

The UJ stuff was sung but the vast majority declined.

Currently on another bender with a bunch of random Jambos and some English guys. 

Fans were superb.

Riga Party Bus

Sitting in Cuba Bar with Leicester/Cardiff/ Leeds/ Bristol C fans. Bouncing. Mates says 'when you guys doing a European tour' ? 

🤣

What a trip. 

Great trip

heard a wee story about a Jambo Plummer unblocking a pub’s toilet and being rewarded with free beer

Good to see all the club board out and about after the game 

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Riga Party Bus
11 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Great trip

heard a wee story about a Jambo Plummer unblocking a pub’s toilet and being rewarded with free beer

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Ann Budge in a  nightclub at 2.00 am. We have photies. 

😄

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Great trip

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yup, I was in the bar when he unblocked it. Asked the boy behind the bar for a mop and it was unblocked in seconds lol 

victory bar and it turns into a tittie bar on a Thursday to Saturday night 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

correct

some jkb free-speech heroes struggling so much with a bit of free-speech they’re hearing / imagining things now 

:(

Great support , seems to have been a top trip. 

We do really have some welts in our support, but then i suspect they are not hearts supporters , so best ignore them 

19 minutes ago, fila said:

Great support , seems to have been a top trip. 

We do really have some welts in our support, but then i suspect they are not hearts supporters , so best ignore them 

Of course they’re Hearts supporters.