Well done to all Hearts fan's in Riga tonight..

Tott

7 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Seconded. Made a noise from start to finish. Some of the videos on Twitter look immense. Beer flying everywhere in oor end 😊 

Glad I brought 2 sets of clothes! Hopefully no beer flying around at Riga FC match tonight. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• Francis Albert

• ShedBoy

• Riga Party Bus

7 hours ago, mikey51 said:

Except the i was born under Union Jack pish! Get that to F##k if you can't afford the bus fare ibrox please don't come to Tynecastle. 

Slightly more expensive getting to Riga, have a night off.

Big shout out to the Riga fans too. Very classy bunch. We were in the home section p and it was about 50/50 home and away. No bother at all, beer being passed around. In this cynical bigoted goldfish  bowl of Scottish football it was a breath of fresh air!

Richard Dawkins
50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They could clearly afford a trip to Glasgow if they made it to Riga. 

Every time I hear that shite, I cringe. Thought we had left that bigoted mantra in the 80s. 

I only care about Hearts in a footballing aspect. As such, I was filled with pride last night: seeing the maroon saltires with different place names on them - orgasmic! 

I so want to go and see the famous in Europe. Just looks a fantastic experience; winning always helps as well...

Edited by Richard Dawkins

9 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Big shout out to the Riga fans too. Very classy bunch. We were in the home section p and it was about 50/50 home and away. No bother at all, beer being passed around. In this cynical bigoted goldfish  bowl of Scottish football it was a breath of fresh air!

Saw a few posts on twitter & they seemed a great bunch, what these games should be all about!

14 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

That’s great to hear, I love meeting fans of other clubs and talk our global language that is football.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
33 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Yes, great atmosphere last night. I was right on the half way line, sektor r. Riga fans were excellent, happy to chat in the queue to get in. I saw no trouble whatsoever. Brilliant trip and a great result.

Riga is brilliant, too, would thoroughly recommend if anyone wants a weekend break.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They could clearly afford a trip to Glasgow if they made it to Riga. 

Just ignore him. He will be one of those sweetie paper rustlers who kill the atmosphere at Tynecastle. 

32 minutes ago, kelosom said:

That’s great to hear, I love meeting fans of other clubs and talk our global language that is football.

Same here.  I have a couple of great memories here of having chance meetings in pubs with passionate, season ticket holders of St Johnstone and Arbroath.  They knew their clubs were unlikely to win trophies and it didn't bother them in the slightest.

In similar vein, had a terrific hour or so with around 10 Stranraer supporters in the Green Tree before a cup tie.  They travelled everywhere with Stranraer and they loved it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully get a better atmosphere for the next 2 home games in the competition. 

Strangely flat last week. A retired European veteran, I never understood the need to be congratulated all the same, its hardly a chore and you choose to spend your money as you please  :)

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, TayJamTart said:

I only saw a few clips from the game but the Hearts support looked and sounded amazing!

The importance of a good support in Europe!

Does anyone know how many Jambos went to Riga? Hope they enjoyed their night. 

1200 was mentioned.

26 minutes ago, graygo said:

1200 was mentioned.

Just heard Robbo saying that there was 2,000 there and if he told me that today was Tuesday then today is Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Same here.  I have a couple of great memories here of having chance meetings in pubs with passionate, season ticket holders of St Johnstone and Arbroath.  They knew their clubs were unlikely to win trophies and it didn't bother them in the slightest.

St Johnstone fan must have been pleasantly surprised then! 

Richard Dawkins
1 hour ago, weekend offender said:

Aww you upset wee girl

I was embarrassed by it as well. 

Nothing to do with a football match. However, as you are trying to insult someone; can you tell me and others, if we are missing something obvious? 

Or, Am I 'upset wee girl' as well.

13 hours ago, mikey51 said:

Except the i was born under Union Jack pish! Get that to F##k if you can't afford the bus fare ibrox please don't come to Tynecastle. 

Such anger 

24 minutes ago, Richard Dawkins said:

I was embarrassed by it as well. 

Nothing to do with a football match. However, as you are trying to insult someone; can you tell me and others, if we are missing something obvious? 

Or, Am I 'upset wee girl' as well.

Why do some get so bothered about a song sung by some of the traveling support We won 2-0 away, great times, enjoy the moment i say 

Great to see the fans turn out in such numbers and have a great time and result. However whether it’s Riga or Raith Rovers away, we shouldn’t excuse sectarian sh1te. 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, buca junior said:

Great to see the fans turn out in such numbers and have a great time and result. However whether it’s Riga or Raith Rovers away, we shouldn’t excuse sectarian sh1te. 

I never heard the UJ song and I was at the game, maybe I was at the beer stall at the time.

Regardless, what makes the Union Jack sectarian?

14 minutes ago, buca junior said:

But some people on here will.

36 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

The energy from the away stand last night was a massive advantage to us, think everyone done us proud.

D3AD91C4-6AB4-46C7-86C9-891D070D52D9.png

Nice comment to see

Well done everyone. 👏👏👏

Looks fantastic and looks like everyone behaved too! 

Support was exceptional, well done all. 

Safe travels home. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Just heard Robbo saying that there was 2,000 there and if he told me that today was Tuesday then today is Tuesday.

Think there were 1000 in the away end, and about the same again in the Home end.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Jambo jet has just crossed the Latvian coastline and should be back in Edinburgh around 3pm. Greetings to all on board.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I never heard the UJ song and I was at the game, maybe I was at the beer stall at the time.

I never said it does. No flag debate here from me sir.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Drinking pints in the crowd..  :scenes:..  

More was thrown about than was drunk, or so it seemed.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Francis Albert

Have our fans ever let us down in Europe? I remember the Paris Chief of Police and the equivalent in Bordeaux praising us. And of course widespread praise after our trip to Sarajevo. The Kop applauding us. 

Well done lads. Wish I had been there.

Riga Party Bus
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Have our fans ever let us down in Europe? I remember the Paris Chief of Police and the equivalent in Bordeaux praising us. And of course widespread praise after our trip to Sarajevo. The Kop applauding us. 

It was right up there with the best Euro  nights. Hopefully generating some good press for extra tix for Fiorentina. Everyone last night deserves it*

* I'm not bovvered personally as I'm not going. 

Francis Albert
17 hours ago, mikey51 said:

Unless you are centuries old were we not all born under a Union Jack (or Union Flag to be precise)? Never sung it myself but WTF.

32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Braga as well

Big piece in their local paper praising the fans

wish I was there last night as well

Edited by JAYEL

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sorry but you must be deaf. As for sectarian, Where the fxxxxxs shite their load? Plus Hello hello with the same sectarian reference. Thankfully neither was that loud as PHM sing Hearts songs 

37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Remember Paris (1983?), riot police marching round looking menacing. Next time they came round there were 2 Jambos amongst them with rifles over their shoulders while the polis pissed themselves laughing 

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Unless you are centuries old were we not all born under a Union Jack (or Union Flag to be precise)? Never sung it myself but WTF.

Come on, you know it's a sectarian song. Fine if that floats your boat but it has nothing to do with our club 

To all the fans in Riga last night. Well done.. we had a blast in town after the game... Berlin Hearts on tour..   it was great to see Mrs Budge enjoying the party.  Mr Savage & Gary Locke all taking time to have photos with the fans.  Took the laddie to his first European game... what a night Riga fans were top class too.. 50 shots for 25 euros.. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Peteg75 said:

There was definitely some fans singing about the Union Jack...  c'mon folks were Scottish.. 

Scottish and British and proud of both, thank you very much.

Doesn't excuse sectarianism but doesn't sound like any sectarian songs are alleged to have been sung.

2000 of the best Hertz over in Riga having the time of their lives and doing the club proud by all accounts. Lets celebrate that.

I was in St Gallen and will be in Florence - literally counting down the days now. 

49 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but you must be deaf. As for sectarian, Where the fxxxxxs shite their load? Plus Hello hello with the same sectarian reference. Thankfully neither was that loud as PHM sing Hearts songs 

Never heard it last night but its always been hibees shite their load.

AlphonseCapone

So boring how all these threads eventually go the same way with the same arguments. 

Anyway, looked absolutely incredible last night and chuffed folk there got a result to celebrate. Riga as a club, city and fans seem pretty decent as well. None of this pavement dancing shite it doesn't seem.