Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Big day for us today, the ones that build character belief team spirit and the desire to be better no matter how tired.

Lots of gushing on Thursday, I reckon much more appropriate today. 

Very well done Hearts, proper result under pressure 

🤔️🏌🏼

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Posting negatively after 2 good wins is not easy. You can’t be overly obvious.

Better just to wait. Hopefully they’re waiting a long time.

When it goes really bad someone usually posts a 'Positives' thread. 

The critics can't even post a Negatives thread which there were certainly plenty of last 2 games. That is very telling. 

49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They battered us second half. Think they had about 25 or more attempts at goal in the game, hit the woodwork 3/4 times, had a couple of shocking misses. We defended well, too, our chances well, certainly rode our luck at times. 

'Incompetent Motherwell can't defend or finish as Hearts show grit and counter attacking flair' is your headline. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When it goes really bad someone usually posts a 'Positives' thread. 

The critics can't even post a Negatives thread which there were certainly plenty of last 2 games. That is very telling. 

Board is quiet. Nothing to see here.

Some of the tackles on Snodgrass were shockers. McKinstrey had 2 really bad ones. Looks like the manager had told his boys to take him out as some sort of payback for pulling out of contract talks with them.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Big day for us today, the ones that build character belief team spirit and the desire to be better no matter how tired.

Lots of gushing on Thursday, I reckon much more appropriate today. 

Very well done Hearts, proper result under pressure 

:spoton:

Given the negative feeling the last few weeks, the last couple of days have been a great tonic.

Beat Rangers next and we are 2nd. Not bad for a team who are getting stick.

I thought we were excellent today. Game plan wasn’t the prettiest at times but very effective. Most of their shots and chances came from long range or a break of the ball. They didn’t cut us open and other than McGinn’s open goal (which came from a break of the ball) they didn’t really have any huge opportunities.

Defence was solid and our attacking was clinical.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Didn't watch a second live as I needed to be up early for work. What a win though! It has been ages since we produced an away performance in the league like that.

Clinical finishing today - really good. 

Great week for us and now a chance for players to get back from injury/fitness up. 

October will be a massive month - bring it on 

Just now, Newton51 said:

and apparently Humphrey’s set up the 3rd goal

and I thought the West coast media were crap!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

They battered us second half. Think they had about 25 or more attempts at goal in the game, hit the woodwork 3/4 times, had a couple of shocking misses. We defended well, too, our chances well, certainly rode our luck at times. 

What you’ve described is exactly the point Craig Levein was making: our 3-0 win today didn’t reflect ‘Well’s contribution.

That said, I felt we played some neat, incisive, football and as you said, took our chances well. 
It’s been a great week.

2 hours ago, jambo_74 said:

Was Cochrane taken off as a precautionary measure, or is he another long term absentee?

Par for the course - find a bit of cracking form - out injured for weeks! 😏

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

and we have a Greek midfielder apparently :cornette:

Its not as crazy as it may sound, he has been viewed as a potential call up for the Greek national team while he was in the Netherlands. Think he will get one at some point which then means he becomes our Greek midfielder rather than our German midfielder.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

You sound upset at a hood result 🤣 

jamboinglasgow

I understand people going on about all the chances Motherwell had, but if we were one of the Old Firm, everyone would be going on about how clinical we are and why that shows difference in level between us and Motherwell.

Going to Fir park, a place where we have struggled over the seasons, after a big away trip in Europe with some big defenders out and to come away with a clean sheet and 3 goals is a fantastic result. The players confidence must be rising quickly. We have got a run out for 2 of our 3 new signings who have yet to play. Now we have two weeks off to rest and prepare for the the October from hell (8 games in 30 days (though going out of the league cup gives us a free midweek in the middle.) It was a big result for us.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Incompetent Motherwell can't defend or finish as Hearts show grit and counter attacking flair' is your headline. 

Spot on.  Sums up the afternoon perfectly. 

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No goal if it was still original offside ruling.  ::troll::

Just as a football point of view, it is kind of ridiculous it’s a goal.  

It will happen all season all around the world though. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

His movement into the box to be in the right place to receive the pass from Shankland was quite something, too. He didn't go looking for the ball nor rest on his laurels after that lovely flick, and he didn't go hell for leather into the box, either, drawing attention and defenders to himself. He just timed his move into the box to perfection and no defender spotted the danger he posed.

Today we had the quality on the park to score 3 goals. In the past we have dominated games (as Motherwell did today) but couldn't score. Halliday setting a great example to others that they have to get stuck in. Haven't seen so many slide tackles since the eighties. Great result at the right time of the season. Added bonus Hibs punted from third to sixth. 

It's been a good 70 hours. 

53 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I understand people going on about all the chances Motherwell had, but if we were one of the Old Firm, everyone would be going on about how clinical we are and why that shows difference in level between us and Motherwell.

Going to Fir park, a place where we have struggled over the seasons, after a big away trip in Europe with some big defenders out and to come away with a clean sheet and 3 goals is a fantastic result. The players confidence must be rising quickly. We have got a run out for 2 of our 3 new signings who have yet to play. Now we have two weeks off to rest and prepare for the the October from hell (8 games in 30 days (though going out of the league cup gives us a free midweek in the middle.) It was a big result for us.

Very much this - how many times at Tynecastle have we played really well again the OF and come away with nothing when they score with their first attack? Nice to see us do it to someone else. Long may it continue. 

Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

Today we had the quality on the park to score 3 goals. In the past we have dominated games (as Motherwell did today) but couldn't score. Halliday setting a great example to others that they have to get stuck in. Haven't seen so many slide tackles since the eighties. Great result at the right time of the season. Added bonus Hibs punted from third to sixth. 

It's been a good 70 hours. 

for 20 minutes in the second half. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Great pass but the run makes the pass an option.

My favourite bit about the goal however was Forrest taking up the Kyogo offside position centrally and then being feee for a tap in as a result.

I said we needed to be adding that to our game as with the right pass out wide it is almost undefendable.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Our management will look at the technical performance but a day or two will pass and no one will give a Donald Duck Motherwell had a decent spell in the game or even remember. 

It’s says 3-0 to Hearts in black and white and that’s all that matters. 

The times I’ve seen Hearts pass up chances, be on top and still lose didn’t make me happy.  It’s goals that count and if the opposition got them, they’ve done their job.  

26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Our management will look at the technical performance but a day or two will pass and no one will give a Donald Duck Motherwell had a decent spell in the game or even remember. 

It’s says 3-0 to Hearts in black and white and that’s all that matters. 

The times I’ve seen Hearts pass up chances, be on top and still lose didn’t make me happy.  It’s goals that count and if the opposition got them, they’ve done their job.  

This in spades. I’ve seen us play the OF at home countless times and miss chances and be done 3 or 4 nil. No one cares once the dust settles it’s all about winning. 

18 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

******* right we are. I’m in.

If we don't, and we get second and a Champions League group qualification, I'll be disappointed and sad but it'll be an okay consolation prize.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its not as crazy as it may sound, he has been viewed as a potential call up for the Greek national team while he was in the Netherlands. Think he will get one at some point which then means he becomes our Greek midfielder rather than our German midfielder.

I always thought he's name sounded Turkish rather than Greek but then so does Ange and he's Greek apparently!

Team that's losing 2-0 against tired opponent, throws kitchen sink at them.  Similar to semi final last season, we had the lead would have been stupid to overplay.  Robbie's tactics spot on today.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Team that's losing 2-0 against tired opponent, throws kitchen sink at them.  Similar to semi final last season, we had the lead would have been stupid to overplay.  Robbie's tactics spot on today.

Exactly. The third goal in a 3-0 win often comes on the counter after an opponent commits their defenders forward.

HeartsandonlyHearts
30 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If we don't, and we get second and a Champions League group qualification, I'll be disappointed and sad but it'll be an okay consolation prize.

😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥈💰💶

3 hours ago, longmalx said:

2 superb team goals in the 2nd half - cut Motherwell apart easily. V pleasing to see.

Shankland looks like he’s carrying a bit of weight - not sure if this is muscle or fat, but his involvement in both goals was top class.

He is not in shape that’s for sure.  
Imagine hiw many he’ll score when he loses the belly.