***Official Hearts - Motherwell Thread****

Lovecraft

How we got out of that with 3 points 3 goals and clean sheet I'll never know but absolutely delighted. Rounds off a rather pleasing week. Well done the Hearts. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Same posters getting strangely picky about performances, over the result.

Yet were quite happy for St. Mirren to give up 80% possession to Celtic, and win.

We couldn't buy a clean sheet up until recently. Food for thought.

When we perform well and don't win it's all about the result.  Can't win with some.

I didn’t think it was a bad performance either. We were clinical with our chances in a game that flowed from end to end. Okay we struggled to keep the ball or get out for the last 25 minutes but we defended well enough in our box and Gordon was just Gordon. 

3 points away. 3rd place. Still in with a shout in our Euro Group. Good time for a break to get the walking wounded sorted a bit, then a huge game against Rangers followed by Fiorentina 

1 minute ago, brawlad74 said:

How we got out of that with 3 points 3 goals and clean sheet I'll never know but absolutely delighted. Rounds off a rather pleasing week. Well done the Hearts. 

My thoughts too. Rode our luck but the result & scoring 3 away from home is fantastic. We need to tighten up at the back that's for sure. 

Definitely rode our luck at times but, it's a great result. Particularly when you consider that we were away in Europe a few days ago.

So, we did what we needed to do, and banked a vital away win at a bogey ground before going into the international break.

Now our players can rest up for a bit. With any luck Halkett will be fit again when we come back, and Rowles only a week or two away.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Actually Craig, it was. 😁

Screenshot_20220918-172148_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe check the football pages tomorrow instead of the racing pages Craig.

I think the way the game panned out today shows that difference in quality of players we have. There’s been plenty of games in the past where we have had good spells against the uglies only to get punished with some moments from their better quality players. Hopefully we keep this going as there is good times ahead. Halkett should be back after the break and Beni shouldn’t be too far away either which is very pleasing. Kip looks good too. A good week had and rest ahead. Plenty confidence and momentum to bring into the games after the international break. 

Sometimes you make your own luck in football matches. Motherwell squandered multiple chances, and yet we went up the other end and put 3 great chances away.  On another day, they might have scored 2 or 3 themselves, but they didn't, and we worked ****ing hard for that result. 

5 goals in 2 games, both away from home, one in Europe. Can't argue with any of that. :yas:

No idea why folk read / listen to BBC. The bias against us is undeniable. 

Anyway, fantastic week rounded off with 6 points and 2 clean sheets. 

Well done boys, enjoy your wee rest and back firing in a couple of weeks. 

August Landmesser
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Kio was tidy, comfortable and looks a very good addition

yep, thought the same, once he adjusts to the pace of the game here, and builds up decent understandings with the team, he will be very good.

loves a slide tackle too - will have to be careful against the likes of Boyle!

Edited by August Landmesser

4 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Celtic and West Ham both lost today after playing midweek. That's a great result for us today

As did Inter Milan, *Juventus and Feyenoord to name a few others. 

Monza got the first Serie A win in their history by beating Juve.

Dick Dastardly
32 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I'm more pissed off at missing his reaction, than I am at missing the goals :rofl:

I know. I expect the commentary to be a bit biased, obviously, but he was a 🛎 🔚 of the highest order

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Actually Craig, it was. 😁

Screenshot_20220918-172148_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's a daft statement from Craig. Football has a strange way of developing in each game and he should know that! I've seen Hearts outplay many teams and lose. 

Great result after a midweek game 

5goals for 0 against 

the critic’s can say what they want , every team in Europe would be happy with this 

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Laughable all the experts on here that we’re telling us Shankland and Forrest were not Hearts standard!

I think a certain Italian said Shankland was the worst signing of the summer. 

Motherwell game plan was crosses to the big men and shots from range.

Given how clinical we were they'd need 4 goals to win the game, tbh I'd take 48% possession for 3 goals and a clean sheet. We'd normally buckle under bombardment like that, especially without Halkett so it's great to see us keep a clean sheet. Lewis Neilson was superb again. 

Massive week for us and we've delivered big time. Well done Hearts! 

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I think a certain Italian said Shankland was the worst signing of the summer. 

Where is said poster? Not seen their special kind of positive pro hearts postings for a whiley

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Where is said poster? Not seen their special kind of positive pro hearts postings for a whiley

That’s the thing after a win. Some posters consistently absent. Makes you wonder what the **** they’re all about. 

Maybe some of us need to realise that we're still adjusting, or getting used to, playing Thursday European games and Sunday domestic games. The clubs who aren't involved in Europe can train and practice tactics over a full week, with no foreign travel midweek. It's not natural to our club to have such a tough schedule and many thought we could struggle. We have been finding it hard, made even more challenging by the terrible injuries to key players that we have suffered.

Today's result, no matter how it was achieved, was a tremendous effort on the part of our players. If we rode our luck, it's about time we got some good fortune.

Just enjoy a brilliant week for us and pay no attention to the weary Willies who always find something to moan about or try to interject doom and gloom into any success we have.

23 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Brilliant lads well played everyone in the squad

Cracking 3 points.   🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

This. The game was about getting the 3 points.

Scrappy, poor at times, who cares.

Delighted.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s the thing after a win. Some posters consistently absent. Makes you wonder what the **** they’re all about. 

Indeed 🤐

That's a ****ing tremendous result to be fair. I was way more negative than I should have been (not on here) about the next 6-8 games, didn't see us getting much more than a point.

Fair play. 

We are some team.

The frustrating bit was us continually conceding possession for a period.

But I thought we defended really well. They only had the one clear cut chance McGinn missed. They were mostly very wasteful all game. 

So overall I say we fully deserved the 3-0 win. 

25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Laughable all the experts on here that we’re telling us Shankland and Forrest were not Hearts standard!

Rarely listen to the,listen to their former managers,get the real facts.

17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

As did Inter Milan, *Juventus and Feyenoord to name a few others. 

Monza got the first Serie A win in their history by beating Juve.

Bayern can be added to that list. Got done by Augsburg aften disposing of Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, Arfur said:

How many times have the old firm won ugly after a midweek European tie - simply shows to me that we continue to be moving in the right direction

I don’t think anyone should underestimate how big the last two results have been. We suddenly look like we could score anytime. 

Folk whinging about performances should shut the **** up. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Flankengott said:

Bayern can be added to that list. Got done by Augsburg aften disposing of Barcelona.

Yep, even Istanbul failed to win at home today! 

They deliberately made it 100mph knowing we would tire. We did fine until the hour. We scored two well worked goals.

I love a late break away goal to finish it off.

If we missed their chances we would be slating the shite finishing not celebrating the performance 

54 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

😄 absolute bull, unless I’m listening to a different Craig Levein! 

A great win! 

Defo a great win, hhgh

2nd and 3rd were brilliant goals!

The turning point was McGinns miss at 0-1. Different game if that goes in. But it never. Nae luck ya Hibs rat 😂

Fantastic result given Thursday night. A couple of weeks off now to recharge. This Hearts side is only going to get better and it will show in the coming weeks and months.

Captain Sausage

2 away wins in 4 days. Brilliant timing for the win, means we sit third going into the break. 

3rd in the league. 
2nd in Europe. 

Well done Hearts. 

I felt comfortable watching the 1st half however that 2nd was hard going. I felt we lacked the ability to manage the game and slow it down. 

At the end of the day though its a big win and nice timing going into the break.

Forrest has been a great signing.