Minutes Silence/Queen’s death ( merged )

Hood09

1 minute ago, Jambo Gdawg said:

Will never return to tynecastle unless they find and ban the moron who shouted during the minutes silence.  Have they no knowledge of our history? Top of the league and our full squad went to war for King and Country. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🇶🇦, scottish % british club im proud , and of the people we lost back then, god bless them all.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Fozzyonthefence

• communist

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jambo Gdawg said:

Will never return to tynecastle unless they find and ban the moron who shouted during the minutes silence.  Have they no knowledge of our history? Top of the league and our full squad went to war for King and Country. 

Would love they / them to be identified

36 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Sounded like the booing was a reaction to folk singing GSTQ??

Correct. Nobody booed the late queen.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jambo Gdawg said:

Make sure you dont go over reacting though.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Welcome to SNP Scotland I guess.

Sad we aligned ourself with Celtic fans. That’s the reality 

Jimmy Cranky has certainly installed anti English and Anti Monarchy feeling into Scottish Society..SNP Twats

Silences at football are load of pish anyway. Keep politics, religion etc away from games.

I don't find it embarrassing and no one will be talking about the result, thankfully.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

12 minutes ago, gavvy said:

It was the same thing when there was a minute's silence for the pope, I was mortified then and mortified again tonight. 

Yes that was disgusting I was mortified too. Scum 

coatbridgejambo
4 minutes ago, Lord Inglis said:

I hope the chap at the back of D is suitably embarrassed by his actions tonight and is having a stern word with himself. 

I hope he goes night swimming in shark infested water

The Mercer Takeover
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Welcome to SNP Scotland I guess.

Sad we aligned ourself with Celtic fans. That’s the reality 

Hate, grievance and division is continuously used to keep themselves in power and had turned Scotland into a desperate place at times.

To be fair, it wasn't many tonight and the signing was to drown out the morons I think

21 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Booing the queens death was disgusting 

If it was the Pope it would also be disgusting 

If it was because you want an independent Scotland, it's also disgusting 

In fact if it's politically motivated in any way shape or form, just get yourself to f... Permanently. Utter scum.

You have obviously got no respect 

Football should be an escape from politics not a vessel to use to promote your political preferences 

Too late,the day our club jumped into bed with the scottish parliament in promoting the vaccine roll out they took a political stand.

Aberdeen chose to remain under the 10000 limit , we could and should have done exactly the same.

Will Budge and her cohorts ever put the fans first.

Imagine paying all that money into a club then being expected to support and pay respects to another of the biggest perpetrators of the roll out - the Royal Family. 

Think on how both these institutions played an active role  in what Dr Campbell eloquently discusses below.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

I’ll add - to the guy at the bank of section E who shouted out ‘Yeeeees’ at the announcement of the queens death. You looked like an utter ****. I was actually embarrassed for you. 

Hopefully we get a name and when his granny dies we ram a twirly down his throat.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Make sure you dont go over reacting though.

Oh i know the dramas on this tonight are off the scale....ffs. .  Comical thing is they will all be back.  Tomorrow itll be yesterday's  news. 

Boils down to immature, self entitled scumbags (many grown men) for some reason need to attention seek because they have been dragged up in life. They will be doing they same to their kids. Bigger reflection of state world is in. Sadly in our clubs tonight.

30 minutes ago, communist said:

quite amusing you think the whole world was watching hearts v Istanbul tonight.

i didn’t boo but I respect the right to express free speech.

the reactions around me were quite humorous.

The Europa League is shown in every country across the world, so yes. The world stage I would say is more than accurate.

There have only been 2 times I've ever been embarrassed to tell people I am a Hearts fan, the Mark Watters banana embarrassment, the booing of the minutes silence for the pope and tonight no makes it 3.  I am a republican but this is an old woman who has been about as good as any monarch can be.  The idiots singing gstq and rule britannia etc were not much better than the guy who shouted ftq.  Killed the atmosphere, we are poor tonight but this is what I'll remember rather than the game.  Thanks idiots

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Too late,the day our club jumped into bed with the scottish parliament in promoting the vaccine roll out they took a political stand.

Aberdeen chose to remain under the 10000 limit , we could and should have done exactly the same.

Imagine paying all that money into a club then being expected to support and pay respects to another of the biggest perpetrators of the roll out - the Royal Family. 

Think on how both these institutions played an active role  in what Dr Campbell eloquently discusses below.

:cornette:

Feck me, just move this to The Shed and merge with the thread over there.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Fat, red faced pished up men in their 60s.

Generally a constant embarrassment in most circumstances. 

Thinking they are still the casuals of the 80s

3 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

Jimmy Cranky has certainly installed anti English and Anti Monarchy feeling into Scottish Society..SNP Twats

Its quite bad news for her really as the death of her will , in particular in Scotland will probably increase the feelings of those who are " British" a backlash against Indy I predict. 

18 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I'll say the same as i said after the debacle of the minute silence for the Pope.  No matter what you believe, if you can't hold your thoughts for one minute to be quiet to show basic human respect, you're the problem.

I was at the game for the pope minute silence and that was much worse. Tonight the timing didn’t help as maybe not expecting it and people singing didn’t help

Captain Lithuania
44 minutes ago, SectionN said:

All supporters booing a 96 year old woman. Don’t bother coming back.

Disgusted & embarrassing our club. 

Think most of the booing was directed towards the bellends singing GSTQ. Just as bad. Some absolute belter in section G screamed **** the Queen which kicked it all off. 

Embarrassing all round. 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Its quite bad news for her really as the death of her will , in particular in Scotland will probably increase the feelings of those who are " British" a backlash against Indy I predict. 

I hope your right..they have ruined Scotland

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Bellends on both sides. Just say nothing. However there are arseholes in every support so it’ll be interesting to see if the SPFL make minute silences mandatory at the weekend. My guess is they won’t. Just like they never made Rangers have one for the Pope. Only big bad Hearts with scumbag supporters.

They should not be it mandatory. 

TynecastleBC5
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🇶🇦, scottish % british club im proud , and of the people we lost back then, god bless them all.....

I have family who fought in wars that I'm proud of, but it's nothing to do with football?

Doesn't make me want to bring a UJ to a match and keep pedalling the mini current buns stigma.

We play in the SCOTTISH league.

Never seen a flag of europe at any games funnily enough....

7 minutes ago, Jambo Gdawg said:

Things change and we can't ever dream to have a fair and inclusive society whilst we have a Monarchy and The House of Lords. I wouldn't protest against it like those morons tonight but why have the silence in the first place.

loveofthegame
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Support for the monarchy and respect for the Queen are two very different things. You can not support the monarchy and respect Queen Elizabeth II.

You have to be absolutely thick pondlife to publicly shout FTQ on the day she dies at a football game. The one thing I take comfort from is that I can guarantee that the guy in question will be away back home to his wee sad, pathetic life now. 

Just now, cliffdanum said:

I hope your right..they have ruined Scotland

it certainly will not harm the unionist cause. 

5 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

The Europa League is shown in every country across the world, so yes. The world stage I would say is more than accurate.

Yeah I’m sure there were millions of people around the world tuning in to see hearts v Istanbul tonight. I mean, come on, be serious 😂

loveofthegame
10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Correct. Nobody booed the late queen.

An absolute lie but if that’s how you want to pretend it went be my guest…

Edited by loveofthegame

10 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

my feelings also....

William H. Bonney

Although the booing was aimed at morons disrupting the silence it will be seen as hearts fans booing the queen. 

Also, to make matters worse, in the likely event that all weekends games are cancelled,  we'll have been the only Scottish fans to have had the opportunity to pay our respect,  which ultimately we failed. 

Not a good look. 

Personally I think it was a bad idea and a bit ham-fisted to rush a minutes silence at half time ,but at the  end of the day  it was a couple of dozen halfwits making a scene of themselves,  big deal, who cares . We move on .

44 minutes ago, red said:

I would have floored that prick in G if he was anywhere near me! Absolute scum 

44 minutes ago, red said:

I would have floored that prick in G if he was anywhere near me! Absolute scum 

I was sat 3 or 4 rows above him. As a member of Her Majesties Armed Forces it was offensive to myself. Took me a lot not to go down and belt him. But im better than some pond life helmet. A grown man shouting F the queen during the minute silence of her death. What a bloke.

3 minutes ago, communist said:

I suppose you must be either a queen supporter, or a god save the queen hater?

if you’re in the middle like me you could laugh at people like yourself 😅.

I’ll say it again - keep religion and politics away from football.

You are saying keep politics and religion away from football ... Agree with you on that point. 

You also said that people have the right to express free speech.

So which one is it ? You can't do both if your shouting your mouth off because of politics but you have the right to do it through freedom of speech 

Nonsensical 

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hopefully we get a name and when his granny dies we ram a twirly down his throat.

even a nice wee photo

48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the booing was in reaction to some **** who shouted “**** the queen” more morons started singing GSTQ in response and it all got out of hand 

Exactly what happened 😢

SectionDJambo

It’s sad, but not surprising, that some people cannot help bringing shame on themselves.

How hard is it to shut your mouth for a minute as respect for the death of another human being?

It only takes one moron to ruin the opportunity of others to pay a silent respect. 

The most embarrassed I have ever been as a Jambo and I am now 62. These people are the lowest of the low and I don’t want to be associated with them as a fellow supporter of my football club. Surely there must be CCTV trained in this area. Find out who they are and ensure they are never allowed to take a seat in our stadium ever again. I am sorry but enough is enough and I am so gratified to see so many writing in here with the same sentiments. 

5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Support for the monarchy and respect for the Queen are two very different things. You can not support the monarchy and respect Queen Elizabeth II.

You have to be absolutely thick pondlife to publicly shout FTQ on the day she dies at a football game. The one thing I take comfort from is that I can guarantee that the guy in question will be away back home to his wee sad, pathetic life now. 

It's not about supporting Queen etc...

It's about can a grown man keep their mouth shut for 60 seconds irrespective of their views of Queen.

People who non royalists honestly not capable to having self control to hold tongue 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ that where society at. Mental.

Bazzas right boot

Bit of a shambles. 

I don't care or the queen or the royal family, biggest benefit scroungers going and second only in cover ups to the Catholic Church. 

However, mocking her and shouting stuff after her death is  at best churlish, at worse disgusting. 

As for the rendition of qstq, as well as being ironic in this instance has no place at Tynecastle. 

A minutes applause would have been better. 

Only Ibrox will be able to pull of a respectable minutes silence for the queen ( and they will draw it out, I expect a full parade and lots of point scoring), every other Scottish club has a divided fan base on royalty, the union and independence. 

Daft decision to have a minutes silence, as daft as the minutes silence due the popes death in that semi final years ago v Celtic. 

( one which I also sat silent through despite not being a Catholic or a fan of religion). 

loveofthegame
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

You are saying keep politics and religion away from football ... Agree with you on that point. 

You also said that people have the right to express free speech.

So which one is it ? You can't do both if your shouting your mouth off because of politics but you have the right to do it through freedom of speech 

Nonsensical 

He’s at it. Best ignored. “Keep politics out of football”, says “Communist”. Absolute welt.

20 minutes ago, Jambo Gdawg said:

Totally correct. I am not a big royalist but proper respect for a great queen was the least to be expected. Attitudes of some people are nothing short of shocking. Why are they so entitled or indeed ignorant.

Minutes silences for former players or big Scottish players of the game.

Remembrance day recognised.

But everything royal, religious, political should not be near a football stadium IMHO. 

Shows how disjointed our support are! Some sing god save the queen then others boo the people that are singing god save the queen. Unsure if people were booing because it was a minutes silence and people are not observing it or because it was god save the queen that was getting sung. If nobody booed when singing god save the queen think I would have been better but unsure what was really happening to be honest.

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Jeezo, how on earth haven't I used ignore function for you and whoever your carer is. 

GorgieRules22

If you can’t keep quiet for a minute for a lady of 97 years passing your a special case.

Someone must know the guy in section G row 2 … guy needs emptied from Tynecastle 

• davemclaren changed the title to Minutes Silence/Queen’s death ( merged )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic