Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That was the narrative the idiots and trolls tried to pedal a few weeks ago. Turned out they were talking nonsense. Unfortunately you're not up to speed yet. Try to keep up....

The signing of Clsrk, late in the window (or after window) was excellent. Kio, going by reports looked good today.

We didn't fill all the positions we wanted though.

Neilson himself said that there was positions that he wanted to fill but it didn't happen - bit unfair to call him an idiot or a troll though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

The signing of Clsrk, late in the window (or after window) was excellent. Kio, going by reports looked good today.

Neilson himself said that there was positions that he wanted to fill but it didn't happen - bit unfair to call him an idiot or a troll though.

Just give up. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just give up. 

Is this Neilsons team talk when visiting Glasgow or playing in League Cup??

Only joking......... mostly.......

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only if you have a real dislike of the manager and are bending over backwards to look for negativities. The 'overall performance' includes defending and goalkeeping. A 0-3 win and 'terrible overall' make absolutely no sense. Really embarrassing stuff. I'm sure we had some terrible passages of play? Definitely not terrible over all...

Good goalkeeping I’ll give you that.  

We definitely didn’t defend well, they had far too many chances for that.

And our overall use of the ball was lamentable. The second and third goals were so out of keeping with the performance. 

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

OK, I will try to keep this simple for you. In modern parlance, a "10" is an attacking midfielder who may be a playmaker or play "in the hole" (tho he might not have the number 10 on his shirt).

Boyce was a "9" before he slowed up and he moved back to a "10".

If you still don't understand, ask someone else.

A 10 is an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. In a 4-4-2 it's a forward that plays off the 9. It's a context thing.

Hard to understand if you're mostly worried about how much flair is in the team, I realize.

3 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Eye bleeding stuff today, 25 shots against.

Rode our luck massively at 1-0 up. Couldn't string 5 passes together, Kio looks decent wanted on the ball with someone up his arse will be interesting to see how he turns out after training the Neilson way.

5BD14EC5-7486-4E9B-BB4C-3ABF1A458239.jpeg

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The second and third goals were so out of keeping with the performance. 

What sort of genuine Hearts fan make this point?

Rangers have won a number of league titles by playing largely shite but having moments of quality to win games.

You know what it is called mate - being a good ****ing team.

I don’t know what’s missing from your life but you need to find it.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What sort of genuine Hearts fan make this point?

Rangers have won a number of league titles by playing largely shite but having moments of quality to win games.

You know what it is called mate - being a good ****ing team.

I don’t know what’s missing from your life but you need to find it.

So you thought that was a good overall performance? 

Just now, Led Tasso said:

A 10 is an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. In a 4-4-2 it's a forward that plays off the 9. It's a context thing.

Hard to understand if you're mostly worried about how much flair is in the team, I realize.

Well,I partly agree your first para. Re 4-2-3-1 yes. Re 4-4-2, if 10 plays off a 9, he will be behind the 9 mostly, therefore not a "2".

Anyway, not really relevant as we never play 4-4-2. Play 2 forwards on the park AT THE SAME TIME - are you mad??

I don't want flair, I want more of our players going forward instead of back and sideways.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, hearts00 said:

I couldn’t give a flying ****.

We won a difficult away game after a difficult away European game and scored two high quality goals in doing so.

I’m a results based person myself.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Well,I partly agree your first para. Re 4-2-3-1 yes. Re 4-4-2, if 10 plays off a 9, he will be behind the 9 mostly, therefore not a "2".

Anyway, not really relevant as we never play 4-4-2. Play 2 forwards on the park AT THE SAME TIME - are you mad??

I don't want flair, I want more of our players going forward instead of back and sideways.

Funny, I want goals and clean sheets and Hearts wins.

9 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Good goalkeeping I’ll give you that.  

We definitely didn’t defend well, they had far too many chances for that.

And our overall use of the ball was lamentable. The second and third goals were so out of keeping with the performance. 

So after playing in ****ing Latvia, winning 0-2 and then coming back to win away at Motherwell for the first time since 2018, you think 'atrocious' and 'lamentable' are the correct words to use?

Try risible for size!

i wish jj was my dad

Rode our luck massively at 1-0 up. Couldn't string 5 passes together, Kio looks decent wanted on the ball with someone up his arse will be interesting to see how he turns out after training the Neilson way.

🤣👆

Just now, hearts00 said:

Work in progress with a very nice bonus of a  clean sheet, 3 goals and 3 points. 

17 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Is this Neilsons team talk when visiting Glasgow or playing in League Cup??

Only joking......... mostly.......

Getting to the bottom of it now ...

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The sign of a good side is not playing your best football but still winning games. 

Someone isn't happy 

Wonder why ☺️

11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Funny, I want goals and clean sheets and Hearts wins.

Aberdeen are better than they were last year. Until we signed Clark and Kio, I thought their pool was slightly better than us. Now, I think we are a bit better than them.

We need to keep progressing. We are only about 2 players away from having a very good squad. It is a pity we didn't get them. 

I would like to see our manager being more positive in his tactics.

Edited by lost in space
Mispell

The not playing well but winning thing….is often about graft, the invisible plain / dull stuff that midfielders do manage a game to make you win.

it’s fine lines often with games - we could’ve conceded a few today. But they didn’t take their chances - we did.

I wonder if today was a bit like when we watch us v an arse cheek, wondering how lucky they are, us not scoring somehow and walking away with a 3-0 loss…

i wish jj was my dad
57 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We have signed a proper centre forward  probably the best non OF winger. Kio looks the absolute business, Rowles and Neilson are very impressive. Cochrane is sound as a pound. I can't believe we got Clark. Or Snodgrass. And Grant looks great. What a window 😊

55 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I couldn’t give a flying ****.

We won a difficult away game after a difficult away European game and scored two high quality goals in doing so.

I’m a results based person myself.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

How anyone can come away after Thursday and beating a good Motherwell at a place we have turned up shite before 3-0 and then moan about the performance is baffling for me.   Craig saved us a couple of times but he's part of the team that kept a clean sheet despite the pressure and despite the long trip back late on Friday morning.

****ing brilliant weekend and well needed. 

50 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The sign of a good side is not playing your best football but still winning games. 

True. 

We played better against Killie in the first half and went out the cup.  I will take any win any way right now and if the management have found the magic formula then ****ing bash on. 

Well done to the bobmeister, man's a class act and I hope he stays for as long as he wants, we might have our dips and little poor runs here and there, but you can just see that this team/squad is improving every season now, a joy to see compared to the shite we had to endure under cathro and levein and Co.

16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The hibs trolls were out in force last night, pleasing to see their pain

It must've been a sair yin seeing Hearts regain 3rd spot and them ending up 6th ... especially after that stellar cheating win against 10 men ... again.

9 hours ago, lost in space said:

Beni, Haring, Devlin, Halliday, Sibbick (I know Neilson plays him as a CH but we all know he isn't one), Connor Smith, and Kio.

Michael Smith has also played there (tho, not well) and Grant did play there in a game for us (can't remember which one).

We have 1 experienced CF. Humphrys hasn't looked great but far too early to tell and Hendo has been given no time and probably won't be.

You inlcuded Beni as a one of those players but missed out Boyce. You also slated someone else earlier on the thread for including Henderson but have included C.Smith here. I also wouldn't call Devlin a defensive midfielder, but you need to in order to justify your ludicrous position. 

It would've been much easier to just admit you exaggerated the number of defensive midfielders to make a point, instead of trying to justify it as now you look daft and clearly no nothing about football.

7 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Mate, have a word with yourself.  You’re desperate to be right and for Hearts fans to say we were shite and lucky to win.  It won’t happen and for good reason.  Any football person will tell you that no team gives the perfect 90 minute performance but it doesn’t mean they are shite or don’t deserve what they achieve.

We won 3-0 at a difficult venue by being clinical, taking our chances and defending our goal really well and our manager gets credit for that and deservedly so.

7 hours ago, lost in space said:

Aberdeen are better than they were last year. Until we signed Clark and Kio, I thought their pool was slightly better than us. Now, I think we are a bit better than them.

We need to keep progressing. We are only about 2 players away from having a very good squad. It is a pity we didn't get them. 

I would like to see our manager being more positive in his tactics.

Let’s do some myth busting shall we.  Robbie Neilson has the highest win % of any Hearts manager in our history.  He deserves some respect.

Tell us what he can do tactically to make us more positive?  Our line up home or away generally has 4 forwards and full backs that get forward at every opportunity.

You need to stop listening to your wee pals on Facebook and the shite they pedal about Robbie and form some subjective opinions.

7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

True. 

We played better against Killie in the first half and went out the cup.  I will take any win any way right now and if the management have found the magic formula then ****ing bash on. 

It doesn’t matter how we play. We are third and that’s as good as it gets at hearts.  Robbie is one of the best, if not the best managers in our post 1960 history.

10 hours ago, lost in space said:

Beni, Haring, Devlin, Halliday, Sibbick (I know Neilson plays him as a CH but we all know he isn't one), Connor Smith, and Kio.

Michael Smith has also played there (tho, not well) and Grant did play there in a game for us (can't remember which one).

We have 1 experienced CF. Humphrys hasn't looked great but far too early to tell and Hendo has been given no time and probably won't be.

Why did Grant fill in at DM bud?

Only another month or 2 left of the Hibs interlopers  and that's it for another season.

Sad really as this thread prove how much they'll be missed.

Comedy gold reading their pain while trying to pretend they are concerned Heats fans,marvellous stuff 🤣

I dont know why some fans just can't get behind the team and the management. 

These are exciting times for Hearts and we have good squad even with all the injuries we have had we have made progress in the league and Europe. 

I believe the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' applies to Hearts at the present time. 😏

13 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Robbie.png

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Let’s do some myth busting shall we.  Robbie Neilson has the highest win % of any Hearts manager in our history.  He deserves some respect.

I am not a Robbie hater nor his greatest fan but that is a pretty silly statistic. But yes he deserves some respect and certainly not criticism after the last two games and results. Two clean sheets and 5 goals not to be sneezed at. Against a Riga team who just drew in Florence and at Fir Park where we usually struggle to get anything.

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

You inlcuded Beni as a one of those players but missed out Boyce. You also slated someone else earlier on the thread for including Henderson but have included C.Smith here. I also wouldn't call Devlin a defensive midfielder, but you need to in order to justify your ludicrous position. 

It would've been much easier to just admit you exaggerated the number of defensive midfielders to make a point, instead of trying to justify it as now you look daft and clearly no nothing about football.

You wouldnt call Devlin a def midfielder - and you say I am daft!!!!!!!!!  Wow, no point in discussing with you if you dont understand the basics.

Edited by lost in space
missed a word out

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not a Robbie hater nor his greatest fan but that is a pretty silly statistic. But yes he deserves some respect and certainly not criticism after the last two games and results. Two clean sheets and 5 goals not to be sneezed at. Against a Riga team who just drew in Florence and at Fir Park where we usually struggle to get anything.

By silly you mean factual and totally agree on the rest.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Tell us what he can do tactically to make us more positive?  Our line up home or away generally has 4 forwards and full backs that get forward at every opportunity.

You need to stop listening to your wee pals on Facebook and the shite they pedal about Robbie and form some subjective opinions.

I am not on Facebook. "wee pals" - WTF are you on about??

4 forwards? - you are living in a fantasy world.

Full backs who get forward at every opportunity - they usually arnt allowed to cross the half way line for the first 20-45 mins.

Nobody would say Neilsons tactics were negative if he did what you describe.

Anyway, I dont communicate usually with people who just insult those with a different opinion.

You come across as very angry. Maybe you should give a football board, where people voice opinions, a rest for a while.

1 hour ago, CMc said:

Why did Grant fill in at DM bud?

Because of injuries.  Think it was just him and Devlin in central midfield and as we all know Neilson needs 2 defensive mids no matter who or where we are playing (or whether there is 4 or 5 at the back). Grant played further back than he normally did.  I have not listed Grant as a def mid. He isnt but he can fill in there.

15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You wouldnt call Devlin a def midfielder - and you say I am daft!!!!!!!!!  Wow, no point in discussing with you if you dont understand the basics.

:rofl:

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

:rofl:

Glad I gave you a laugh.  As a matter of interest - what description would you say Devlin is - attacking mid? Box - to - box? Playmaker?

I am actually interested in your reply as I have never heard of anyone describe Devlin as anything else than a def mid.

He does get about the middle of the park/ wins tackles and makes simple passes. He doesnt get in the opposition box often and isnt known for his defence splitting passes.  I like him but he is a defensive midfield player. 

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

By silly you mean factual and totally agree on the rest.

Highest win percentage of any Hearts manager who didn't spend a significant chunk of his time as manager in the second division would be fairer.

58 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Two wins in 13 still isn't changing my mind imo. 

Changing your mind from what? Being unconvinced by all the wins before that?

He isn't the head of an organisation which half of us hate, he isn't a politician who's led the country into debt and our children into poverty, he's the manager of Hearts, and we're doing well.

I don't know how anyone could deny that the manager with the highest win percentage of any Hearts manager, who's led us into Europe for the first time in a decade, who turned the whole club around from the championship, who's brought in proper players, is worthy of a bit of bloody respect around here.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Highest win percentage of any Hearts manager who didn't spend a significant chunk of his time as manager in the second division would be fairer.

His top tier record has him up there too, can't remember where I saw it now.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Changing your mind from what? Being unconvinced by all the wins before that?

He isn't the head of an organisation which half of us hate, he isn't a politician who's led the country into debt and our children into poverty, he's the manager of Hearts, and we're doing well.

I don't know how anyone could deny that the manager with the highest win percentage of any Hearts manager, who's led us into Europe for the first time in a decade, who turned the whole club around from the championship, who's brought in proper players, is worthy of a bit of bloody respect around here.

Robbie isnt the manager of hearts what so ever. 

He is the Head coach of the men's first team only. 

Questionable that he has brought in any players. 

That not what he was employed to do. 

What actually has he done? 

Definitely not improved any player since his re employment.

Won a championship at a canter with the biggest player budget in the league vs part time opposition. 

Cannae even lay a glove on the old firm.

Another building season then without getting anywhere near the Glasgow two. 

Yet another piss poor league Cup campaign.

This season is make or break for him

1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Two wins in 13 still isn't changing my mind imo. 

If you completely make up stats then what chance has he got 😂. Anyone watch the goals yesterday?? If that some of the ‘eye bleeding’ football that we play under Neilson then I’m alright with that. Yeah we rode our luck a little with them missing chances but we have been unlucky in other games like with hibs scoring with the last kick of the ball or half our key players getting injured. Most people on hear wanting Neilson to go are now looking for any reason for him to be sacked (including making up stats!).