Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

19 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Here's the thing though, you say "with his record" and I'd turnaround and say his record is no better or worse than not should be! We got 3rd last year with 61pts which is a very mediocre total for that finish. Fortunately everyone else was absolutely woeful. The very same people who are defending his results v the Old Firm and in Europe given the greater status and financial clout of the opposition club are the ones trying to suggest he's done this wonderful job in getting Hearts 3rd and to a couple of Cup Finals (which we lost!). the same Hearts who have a significant advantage over much of the rest of the competition. You can't have it both ways. 

Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in the country, have easily the most ST holders outwith the Glasgow pair, have the most revenue streams, have European income etc so we damn well should be finishing 3rd. Problem for Neilson is he's been on the end of our worst domestic result ever (Brora) and our worst European result ever (Birkikara) and thrown in a couple of other horror shows (Alloa and a 1st division Hibs winning over 2 games and going on to win the cup immediately come to mind) but never balances that out with doing anything of note in the games where we are underdogs due to "revenue and not having the better players". Where are his results, bloodying the noses of the Old Firm at Hampden or winning in Europe against the odds?!!! Brora have done it to us with him in charge, so have the Maltese posties and fishermen but we are just meant to accept our lot and not expect Hearts, under his leadership to ever win big matches? As, I say people can't have it both ways. Yes we are up against it against bigger clubs with deep. pockets but the minimum requirement should be 3rd in the SPL season after season so nah he's not doing great. Great would be winning something or producing a historic result somewhere just as several teams have done against his Hearts teams with far less resources. 

As I mentioned above, while we are the 3rd biggest country, it is only by a nose and we are only just ahead of a pack that have very similar resources to us. We are not third by any distance at all. The gap between us and Kilmarnock is far, far smaller than the gap between us and Rangers. It's much more akin to the gap between Rangers and Celtic.

And it's all fine and good to talk about where we *should* be but the simple fact is that very, very rarely have Hearts been as consistently ahead of the rest as we have been under Neilson. As such, if Neilson is a failure, then nearly every manager in Hearts' history is a failure too.

I think we are in excellent position to push that gap out, but several ill-advised attempts by past owners have failed to create durable distance and have imperiled our club. Since 1960 we have been third or higher just two years in a row exactly ONCE. To suggest that third is our default place can be ambition or fantasy. It is not where we have been historically. At all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

Naisys Tackle
32 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm not arguing blind loyalty but the poster has been positively salivating at every opportunity to slag off Robbie and after umpteen prompts come up with a replacement puts forward a guy who could possibly earn Robbie's annual salary in a month.

I shouldn't have got tempted to return to this board because folk actually entertain this shite. In the real world...

Fair do's mate.  I see your point.  You have to consider that though in your opinion a poster (or posters) always takes an opportunity to slag off Robbie (it happens, of that no doubt) that there is the other side that will hear no wrong about him also and make any excuse under the sun to defend him - just like Levein.

I've said how I feel about the manager and can see it both sides.  

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Correct.  

Halliday does a decent impersonation of Mikey Stewart.  Makes himself look busy. 

Halliday is utter crap 💩 

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I agree with this as an ambition, but our budget is only a nose in front of Aberdeen and Hibs and Motherwell and United aren't all that far back.

I think anything less than top six is a failure. A sustained run of 4th or better would be outstanding for our club.

A good worker never blames his tools.  And never more true than in football. We have the facilities (like we tell everyone. All the time) and we have the best budget bar the old firm and maybe Aberdeen. We have Edinburgh on our side to attract players too. Context and circumstances will allow us the fans to decide whether or not finishing below is a failure, but on paper it is a failure if we don’t get at least 4th.

One thing Levein got blamed for was coaching the talent out of players. And although I wouldn’t go as far with that with Neilson (Cochrane for example had improved under him), there’s an element of that with him too.

Start of the season we had everyone raving about Forrest. Now he’s an average player who can’t control a ball. It was Simms who? with Shankland scoring, now it’s ‘Shankland is nowhere near the level we need him to be’. Some players that were hugely influential for us last year, being a shadow of themselves this.

Maybe it’s the mental fatigue that Neilson and his management team have. It’s having a negative influence on the players right now.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

One thing Levein got blamed for was coaching the talent out of players. And although I wouldn’t go as far with that with Neilson (Cochrane for example had improved under him), there’s an element of that with him too.

Start of the season we had everyone raving about Forrest. Now he’s an average player who can’t control a ball. It was Simms who? with Shankland scoring, now it’s ‘Shankland is nowhere near the level we need him to be’. Some players that were hugely influential for us last year, being a shadow of themselves this.

Maybe it’s the mental fatigue that Neilson and his management team have. It’s having a negative influence on the players right now.

Interesting speculation. 

7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As I mentioned above, while we are the 3rd biggest country, it is only by a nose and we are only just ahead of a pack that have very similar resources to us. We are not third by any distance at all. The gap between us and Kilmarnock is far, far smaller than the gap between us and Rangers. It's much more akin to the gap between Rangers and Celtic.

And it's all fine and good to talk about where we *should* be but the simple fact is that very, very rarely have Hearts been as consistently ahead of the rest as we have been under Neilson. As such, if Neilson is a failure, then nearly every manager in Hearts' history is a failure too.

I think we are in excellent position to push that gap out, but several ill-advised attempts by past owners have failed to create durable distance and have imperiled our club. Since 1960 we have been third or higher just two years in a row exactly ONCE. To suggest that third is our default place can be ambition or fantasy. It is not where we have been historically. At all.

What's the gap between Brora and Hearts ? Birkirkara and Hearts or Alloa and Hearts?  These clubs all had memorable, historic results against us with massively less resources. Just excuses. Can't have it both ways. 

5 hours ago, OTT said:

Really? Because there is PLENTY worse in the Shed :D 

My view on Halliday is he's not particularly talented but gives his all. Don't get me wrong, there will be games he's had a shocker but I think he generally is a very hard worker. 

He can’t put in a shift because he just isn’t able to. He disappears in games for long periods and is prone to going through the motions. I just can’t understand why you can’t see this because it’s as plain as the nose on your face.

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Is that the best you can do? After dozens and possibly hunners of posts wanting RN oot and folk asking you who would replace him.  You select a guy who has been managing in the EPL for 6/7 years. I know that our success under Robbie last season earned us a few quid but I doubt we can afford a manager who will be able to earn 10/20 x what Robbie does. 

The guy is looking for a job and your saying he’s far too good for Hearts. If that’s your attitude why not ask Jimmy Clarke who is the greatest manager in the Biggar & District 5 a side league they’ve ever had. He’ll do a better job than Robbie for 2 Scotch Pies and a bovril at half time. Just where is our clubs ambition if we can’t afford a top manager which is the most important job in any football club.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If anyone wants a definition of "works his arse off" they should look at Devlin, not Halliday.

👏 well said sir.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fair do's mate.  I see your point.  You have to consider that though in your opinion a poster (or posters) always takes an opportunity to slag off Robbie (it happens, of that no doubt) that there is the other side that will hear no wrong about him also and make any excuse under the sun to defend him - just like Levein.

I've said how I feel about the manager and can see it both sides.  

I got burnt on this board recently in a polarised argument in the shed so I am not sure I can be arsed trying too hard on Robbie. FWIW, I think his record is v good overall but so was CL's until the latter end so I get that he is dispensible but the guy I quoted is so bitter and twisted that you have to think Robbie has pumped three generations of his family and a treble wouldn't satisfy him. If he thinks we can pay the money Dyche can command he is even more deranged than. I thought. 

Naisys Tackle
55 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Halliday is utter crap 💩 

Aye so was Mikey when he lost the plot towards the end.   Halliday got a new deal on the back of a goal and a good game over the crappest hibs side in years (and thats some achievement).

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I got burnt on this board recently in a polarised argument in the shed so I am not sure I can be arsed trying too hard on Robbie. FWIW, I think his record is v good overall but so was CL's until the latter end so I get that he is dispensible but the guy I quoted is so bitter and twisted that you have to think Robbie has pumped three generations of his family and a treble wouldn't satisfy him. If he thinks we can pay the money Dyche can command he is even more deranged than. I thought. 

Cool man.  I get you.  Cheers for getting back :) 

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The guy is looking for a job and your saying he’s far too good for Hearts. If that’s your attitude why not ask Jimmy Clarke who is the greatest manager in the Biggar & District 5 a side league they’ve ever had. He’ll do a better job than Robbie for 2 Scotch Pies and a bovril at half time. Just where is our clubs ambition if we can’t afford a top manager which is the most important job in any football club.

I.am saying he is FAR too expensive for Hearts. Ambition is great but we are a long way away from paying the money of an EPL manager. .

Honestly, what planet do you live in? 

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Cool man.  I get you.  Cheers for getting back :) 

Not at all. It's just so wearing trying to have a reasonable debate when folk have made their mind up. Yon 41 guy reminds me of a caged dug desperate for us to lose so he can bite Robbie. 

We've been really shite the last three games and Robbie needs to sort it but hammering him for finishing third and losing a cup final with half a team hardly lend credibility to his argument.

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He can’t put in a shift because he just isn’t able to. He disappears in games for long periods and is prone to going through the motions. I just can’t understand why you can’t see this because it’s as plain as the nose on your face.

I think the problem we have is that there really aren't many good options. I'd rather see Halliday over Grant because I'm sick of him already. Chucks the Zurich game for us then turns into Kasper the useless ghost against Livi. 

My hope is that Snodgrass removes both of them from our starting 11. 

46 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What's the gap between Brora and Hearts ? Birkirkara and Hearts or Alloa and Hearts?  These clubs all had memorable, historic results against us with massively less resources. Just excuses. Can't have it both ways. 

Everyone can have historic results, and they reason they are historic is that they are extremely rare. Us beating Bayern Munich at home is one.   

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not at all. It's just so wearing trying to have a reasonable debate when folk have made their mind up. Yon 41 guy reminds me of a caged dug desperate for us to lose so he can bite Robbie. 

We've been really shite the last three games and Robbie needs to sort it but hammering him for finishing third and losing a cup final with half a team hardly lend credibility to his argument.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Good debate is all I really look for on here and its always loop sided one way or the other.  

Agree with the second part and I hope he can turn it around.  All things considered 3rd will be a much greater achievement this season but I know that won't please some - In the same way some would make excuses if we finish 6/7th (which we won't.) 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone can have historic results, and they reason they are historic is that they are extremely rare. Us beating Bayern Munich at home is one.   

Indeed as was theeeee final in 98 and the 2012 Semi. 

Robbie has had a few really poor results that will be historic for the teams mentioned but it doesn't make him a rubbish manager that has done a poor job.  

Both times he's been called upon he's succeeded and more with a few kicks in the nuts on the way. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So Neilson's Hearts have lost to all 3 of the aforementioned teams, all historically bad results. But we beat Bayern under Alex McDonald over 30 years ago so there's the balance. Got it. 👍 I'm wondering when Neilson's surprise big game win against a team with more resources and money will come along......

Edited by Luckies1874

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

So Neilson's Hearts have lost to all 3 of the aforementioned teams, all historically bad results. And we beat Bayern under Alex McDonald over 30 years ago. Got it. 👍 I'm wondering when Neilson's surprise big game win against a team with more resources and money will come along......

To be fair, Alloa were in the same division as us so it’s less a of a shock imo.  The other two were ‘historically bad’ though. We won’t know when it’s going to happen as it will be a surprise. 👍

I've steered clear for months, so many Hearts supporters seem willing to accept a rank rotten performance for a league position and attack anyone non-conforming.

Do we really expect to 'win' a league.......No! Unless we get relegated again!!!

Are we hoping to 'push forward...get nearer to the skidmark arse cheeks'...Yes!

Should we expect to be better than the rest.........probably!

Do we have a style of play? I'll say no...for years...but shit/ boring might be appropriate!

Are we improving match by match/ season by season? Depends if you mean income or actual performance..not league position!

Do you enjoy the costs and effort to attend, rush to find a parking space, just get in in time and find a performance and playing style that looks like no-one bothered to consider?

I expect an  effort at least, I expect a team coached to look interested, I expect a style, a game plan, a pride!

I don't expect a team , even weakened, to stand like manikins week after week, unable to take a throw in, seek to stand next to an opponent to avoid finding a space, never show for a forward pass or actually beat a man. We are so poor that teams on a fraction of the income look well off! We don't have an identity....other than mogadon football, the manager would put the Queen  to sleep (sorry), we are in danger of losing all hope/ expectations/ good-will....but make a profit. 

You may have guessed I'm not a Robbie supporter, he bores as a lifestyle, he could suck the oxygen out of a balloon on a daily basis, interesting would not be his claim!

I'm just glad we have a lovely new stand that is 2/3rds complete, making money every week as we leak goals and points, can't score, couldn't seem to care about style if it is not for shiny windows!

I buy my season, buy my euro package but simply feel milked!

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Basing manager evaluations on single results is silly. What do we make of Levein's 4-0 skelping of Celtic? It was as relevant at the time of his (fully justified) sacking as Brora is relevant today. Which is to say, it's relevant as a footnote and nothing more. As you say, "can't have it both ways."

Similarly, Robbie beat Celtic at Tynecastle a year ago and that wasn't an indication of us challenging Celtic in the league any more than losing to Brora was evidence on them being on par with us.

Our current run of form is concerning, no question. If it continues for a month, questioning the manager's position is highly appropriate. At the moment, it sounds like just folk who like hoofball and "route 1" football being annoyed at a passing and possession game, looking for fodder for their complaints. It wouldn't be worthy of acknowledging if it weren't so persistent.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I.am saying he is FAR too expensive for Hearts. Ambition is great but we are a long way away from paying the money of an EPL manager. .

Honestly, what planet do you live in? 

Ask him and 2 of his picked coaches if he’d accept £140.000 a month dividy up with Sean Dyche obviously getting the lions share. You never know he’d probably want to have a conversation about the managers job.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting speculation. 

🤣🤣 Very gentlemenly

Can I translate to your true feelings-

It's  unfounded horse shit that he made up in his head. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

So Neilson's Hearts have lost to all 3 of the aforementioned teams, all historically bad results. But we beat Bayern under Alex McDonald over 30 years ago so there's the balance. Got it. 👍 I'm wondering when Neilson's surprise big game win against a team with more resources and money will come along......

Beat Celtic last season and drexar Ibrox. 

Also knocked out hibs who were a division above and 2 months ahead of us.

Also, finished above a far more expensive rangers team in the championship. 

Spoiler alert - 

We'll not be beating Bayern Munich.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Ask him and 2 of his picked coaches if he’d accept £140.000 a month dividy up with Sean Dyche obviously getting the lions share. You never know he’d probably want to have a conversation about the managers job.

"ask him".... 

"dividy up" 

"lions share" 

You must work in procurement or be an agent yourself with such a technical knowledge on contract set up. 

One of the funniest posts on here. 

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Beat Celtic last season and drexar Ibrox. 

Also knocked out hibs who were a division above and 2 months ahead of us.

Also, finished above a far more expensive rangers team in the championship. 

Spoiler alert - 

We'll not be beating Bayern Munich.

:rofl: He's beaten Celtic once in 15 attempts (12 losses)!!! Try again. 

Probably best for you we don't get on to his Scottish Cup record against Hibs given your stance on them winning the trophy the year he failed to beat them over 2 games when the way where in the Championship. 

The point still stands, Neilson's Hearts teams have suffered big game (cup tie both domestically and in Europe) shock results to clubs with infinitely less resources whilst he's yet to beat anyone of note who are similarly bigger than us in a one off big match yet we have to hear about resources and better players etc. Can't have it both ways.

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🤣🤣 Very gentlemenly

Can I translate to your true feelings-

It's  unfounded horse shit that he made up in his head. 

And you have had the gall to claim on other threads that I tend to bang on about a point? Check you out on any Robbie Neilson thread. Jesus.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl: He's beaten Celtic once in 15 attempts (12 losses)!!! Try again. 

Probably best for you we don't get on to his Scottish Cup record against Hibs given your stance on them winning the trophy the year he failed to beat them over 2 games when the way where in the Championship. 

The point still stands, Neilson's Hearts teams have suffered big game (cup tie both domestically and in Europe) shock results to clubs with infinitely less resources whilst he's yet to beat anyone of note who are similarly bigger than us in a one off big match yet we have to hear about resources and better players etc. Can't have it both ways.

Still beaten them tho, 1st game last season . We beat a team we weren't expected to  and with a bigger budget. 

His league record of

1st

3rd

Left us in 2nd/3rd

1st

3rd

2 Cup finals and European group stage football is one of the best records in modern times 

You dismissing 2 semi final wins v hibs sums you up. 

It's personal, and when we start winning again you'll no doubt disappear from here until our next downturn. 

Tragic really. 

Neverforgetfiveone
10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I haven't and I'm not doubting what you say about shingles.

Would you agree then that he shouldn't be playing if he's not fullly fit.

I think he has gone above what is required… it’s not up for debate that he would not have been playing had Grant not been suspended, the new lads registration got through and Boyce not been injured. He’s been asked to do a job, out of position and he put in a shift. 

These are extraordinary times for Hearts, Neilson has to think about teams for midweek and the weekend. Halliday is a good squad player and Neilson has to utilise the squad to its maximum at the moment. We have a small squad, with injuries so players like Halliday have to come into the team. 

No qualms with him or Neilson for starting.

Anyway, no one expects us to win the league. What we do expect, is improvement and closing the gap.

Now for the reactionary amongst you who have not read this far and have already hit the quote button with no coherent argument to make, but rather want to throw in a 🤣 like it’s somehow a dismissive win, let me elaborate with primary school logic…

You see, if you’re standing at a bus stop, but someone else is standing next to a shop, and the distance between you is 50 feet. The gap is 50 feet. To close the gap, one of you will need to walk 50 feet to the other, or, you can both walk 25 feet towards each other (or each do amounts where both would add to 50) and the gap would be closed.

“Closing” the gap infers being in the process of doing so, not the final outcome. So when I or anyone else on this thread or forum talks about “closing” the gap, we’re not saying that we expect Hearts to be equal to at least Rangers. What we’re meaning is instead of finishing 28 points behind them, how about we finish 20 points behind them, then next season 15, and so on. That’s what “closing” the gap means, getting closer. Not already being on level.

I feel a lot of people are not inferring the difference.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Anyway, no one expects us to win the league. What we do expect, is improvement and closing the gap.

Now for the reactionary amongst you who have not read this far and have already hit the quote button with no coherent argument to make, but rather want to throw in a 🤣 like it’s somehow a dismissive win, let me elaborate with primary school logic…

You see, if you’re standing at a bus stop, but someone else is standing next to a shop, and the distance between you is 50 feet. The gap is 50 feet. To close the gap, one of you will need to walk 50 feet to the other, or, you can both walk 25 feet towards each other (or each do amounts where both would add to 50) and the gap would be closed.

“Closing” the gap infers being in the process of doing so, not the final outcome. So when I or anyone else on this thread or forum talks about “closing” the gap, we’re not saying that we expect Hearts to be equal to at least Rangers. What we’re meaning is instead of finishing 28 points behind them, how about we finish 20 points behind them, then next season 15, and so on. That’s what “closing” the gap means, getting closer. Not already being on level.

I feel a lot of people are not inferring the difference.

Good post.  I think within the process of closing the gap (or aside from it)you want to see the team improve its style and cohesion. Fans want to feel they are going along to watch even better football, more threatening with hope that something is emerging. 

I immediately think of JJ in the 90s. Slow start but gradually built the squad in his first season. Goals started to come, more free flowing play, a couple of exciting players to identify with.  Reached a final.  Roughly same again in 97 with small improvements, then 98. Say no more….  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Good post.  I think within the process of closing the gap (or aside from it)you want to see the team improve its style and cohesion. Fans want to feel they are going along to watch even better football, more threatening with hope that something is emerging. 

I immediately think of JJ in the 90s. Slow start but gradually built the squad in his first season. Goals started to come, more free flowing play, a couple of exciting players to identify with.  Reached a final.  Roughly same again in 97 with small improvements, then 98. Say no more….  

We've done that tho. 

Championship to 3rd is a massive improvement. 

Brora to a cup final is also a massive improvement. 

We were 3rd top goal scorers in the league last season. 

All you want has happened with Bob- twice now. 

Yet you are blinded by something that means you can't even acknowledge the things you want are being delivered and unfolding right in front of you. 

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

No one can argue the success Neilson has brought (although context can be brought into things as to how this was achieved), but as you say, we want improvement. He’s still relatively young for a coach, but I personally don’t see him learning as a coach. I feel he’s peaked and won’t get any better, when his age belies that opinion.

He should be getting better, but I don’t see signs of it. I don’t see him getting any more tactically astute than he was in 2014. I don’t see him responding to other team’s strengths and weaknesses the way other teams identify our danger men and when we’re on top. There’s a change of personell or switching the wingers. That’s about it, change if shape seems either enforced through injuries or from one starting line up to the next. Whereas other teams respond during the game (look at what Martindale did 15 minutes into the game at Livingston).

I’d like to hope he would get better, but I just can’t see it. I feel he’ll fall into the trap that in fairness the majority of Scottish coaches who remain in Scotland do, and that is know what they know and rely on jobs for the boys the rest of their careers.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Would like to re-iterate I’m not calling for Neilson to be sacked. Mainly because as the transfer window shows, we obviously don’t have a budget to stretch to paying compensation for the 3 on the management team at any rate, but then to find someone who would be a step up willing to manage in our league to achieve closing the gap would cost what I think is much more than what our board is willing to pay.

We might be unhappy with the run, the style of football etc, but it’ll probably keep us around top 4, so he’ll be around for a while unless we significantly drop off. One off results won’t affect his tenure, as we’ve seen. But unfortunately the glass ceiling is always going to be there with him in charge I feel. (I mean his own limitations, not just that of a club outside the OF)

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No one can argue the success Neilson has brought (although context can be brought into things as to how this was achieved), but as you say, we want improvement. He’s still relatively young for a coach, but I personally don’t see him learning as a coach. I feel he’s peaked and won’t get any better, when his age belies that opinion.

He should be getting better, but I don’t see signs of it. I don’t see him getting any more tactically astute than he was in 2014. I don’t see him responding to other team’s strengths and weaknesses the way other teams identify our danger men and when we’re on top. There’s a change of personell or switching the wingers. That’s about it, change if shape seems either enforced through injuries or from one starting line up to the next. Whereas other teams respond during the game (look at what Martindale did 15 minutes into the game at Livingston).

I’d like to hope he would get better, but I just can’t see it. I feel he’ll fall into the trap that in fairness the majority of Scottish coaches who remain in Scotland do, and that is know what they know and rely on jobs for the boys the rest of their careers.

Again, you've made most of that up all by yourself. 

Tbh, You seem not to see things that have happened but see many things that you've made up and/ or not happened yet? 

Decent way to live Tbh, ignore facts and tangible things and make up stuff that suits your agenda. 

Cosmic. 

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Still beaten them tho, 1st game last season . We beat a team we weren't expected to  and with a bigger budget. 

His league record of

1st

3rd

Left us in 2nd/3rd

1st

3rd

2 Cup finals and European group stage football is one of the best records in modern times 

You dismissing 2 semi final wins v hibs sums you up. 

It's personal, and when we start winning again you'll no doubt disappear from here until our next downturn. 

Tragic really. 

The only tragic one is you, the guy who wanted a Championship Hibs to lift the Scottish Cup - in the year Neilson’s Hearts threw away a 2 goal lead at home to them and then lost a replay with a truly pathetic performance at Easter Road - a ground by the way he’s still not won at as Hearts manager! 

You jumped in 2 footed to these posts without even reading and understand the argument being made. I have nothing personally against Neilson so you have that wrong too, all you need do is read the thread I started on the night of the Cup Final to see that!

I just believe he’s incredibly limited as a manager as he was as a player and if we are going to hear the harsh realities of football finance etc from him constantly then he’ll have to buckle up when he losses (regularly) matches to clubs with tiny resources in comparison to us. His record is way skewed currently with defeats in big games to teams with fractions of our revenues than it is to successes in jig games against bigger clubs than ours. He should get 3rd this season if we are playing by the new rules which are apparently that you finish where your budget allows. So zero expectation from me at least, 20pts behind 2nd would be good of challenging the big two but yep no excuses for not being 3rd. Similarly 4 defeats against Fiorentina and Istanbul is understandable but 2 wins v Riga expected and no excuses! Let’s see if he can surprise us at all or if it will be his team on the end of the shocks again! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The only tragic one is you, the guy who wanted a Championship Hibs to lift the Scottish Cup - in the year Neilson’s Hearts threw away a 2 goal lead at home to them and then lost a replay with a truly pathetic performance at Easter Road - a grind by the way he’s still not won at as Hearts manager! 

You jumped in 2 footed to these posts without even reading and understand the argument being made. I have nothing personally against Neilson so you have that wrong too, all you need do is read the thread I started on the night of the Cup Final to see that! I just believe he’s incredibly limited as a manager as he was as a player and if we are going to hear the harsh realities of football finance etc from him constantly then he’ll have to buckle up when he losses (regularly) matches to clubs with tiny resources in comparison to us. His record is way skewed currently with defeats in big games to teams with fractions of our revenues than it is to successes in jig games against bigger clubs than ours. He should get 3rd this season if we are playing by the new rules which are apparently that you finish where your budget allows. So zero expectation from me at least, 20pts behind 2nd would be good of challenging the big two but yep no excuses for not being 3rd. Similarly 4 defeats against Fiorentina and Istanbul is understandable but 2 wins v Riga expected and no excuses! Let’s see if he can surprise us at all or if it will be his team on the end of the shocks again! 

You clearly do have something personal or hold a grudge. 

From your posts I'd say you blame him for hibs winning the cup as you mention it a lot whilst dismissing his semi final wins v them. 

You've also lied and said I wanted hibs to win the cup. 

So with that in mind , if you start your post with 2 points that are  untrue I find it hard to believe the rest of your post. 

In fact you seem far more eager to vent if we get beat of the Latvian mob as opposed to celebrate these unexpected wins you so desperately require. 

I'd bet you change the goal posts. 

We had to beat Hibs in the sf-we did

We had to get promoted, easily - we did

We had to to better than Broro - we did 

We should be top 3/4- we did 

Now its, we need a big result or European result. 

For folk like you it does not matter, you will just move the goal posts in order to validate your own dislike for Bob which clearly stems back to them putting us out and winning the cup. 

It shines through and is highlighted by the fact that some posters ( unsure if you fall into this group) that have been very active in the past few weeks are no where to be seen when we are winning. 

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You clearly do have something personal or hold a grudge. 

From your posts I'd say you blame him for hibs winning the cup as you mention it a lot whilst dismissing his semi final wins v them. 

You've also lied and said I wanted hibs to win the cup. 

So with that in mind , if you start your post with 2 points that are  untrue I find it hard to believe the rest of your post. 

In fact you seem far more eager to vent if we get beat of the Latvian mob as opposed to celebrate these unexpected wins you so desperately require. 

I'd bet you change the goal posts. 

We had to beat Hibs in the sf-we did

We had to get promoted, easily - we did

We had to to better than Broro - we did 

We should be top 3/4- we did 

Now its, we need a big result or European result. 

For folk like you it does not matter, you will just move the goal posts in order to validate your own dislike for Bob which clearly stems back to them putting us out and winning the cup. 

It shines through and is highlighted by the fact that some posters ( unsure if you fall into this group) that have been very active in the past few weeks are no where to be seen when we are winning. 

So much nonsense in a post and clearly someone who will defend absolutely anything. Accountability doesn’t matter to someone like you, like “Bob” you are happy to meander along with little ambition; “had to be better than Brora”, Jesus wept!!! He lost to ****ing Brora and Birkirkara probably the 2 worst results in our history!!! 

You were a Levein defender and apologist for years, it was his gross mismanagement and taking advantage of Hearts (Budge!) that saw us in the Championship that you are so thrilled “Bob” got us out of. You haven’t learned the lesson from that era in defending the indefensible but you bash on. You’ve been wrong about recruitment all summer too! 

Edited by Luckies1874

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Big Dunc looking for a job.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

So much nonsense in a post and clearly someone who will defend absolutely anything. Accountability doesn’t matter to someone like you, like “Bob” you are happy to meander along with little ambition; “had to be better than Brora”, Jesus wept!!! He lost to ****ing Brora and Birkirkara probably the 2 worst results in our history!!! 

You were a Levein defender and apologist for years, it was his gross mismanagement and taking advantage of Hearts (Budge!) that saw us in the Championship that you are so thrilled “Bob” got us out of. You haven’t learned the lesson from that era in defending the indefensible but you bash on. You’ve been wrong about recruitment all summer too! 

:spoton:

9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Given he has the best overall record in the history of the club, and excluding the two seasons where he won the championship at a charter achieved nearly the maximum possible by finishing third. That tells me that we will struggle to find better actually, in fact it doesn’t just tell me it is a statistical probability’s that in fact we wouldn’t hire anyone better.

not great right now, but you cannot dismiss the impact of injuries. He has enough credit in the bank to see out a patchy run of form if we are lower than 4th come November I’ll change my mind. We weren’t even that bad on Thursday, just beaten by a far superior opponent who we did well against until we opened up 

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Brora was the worst result in our history. 

If you read back to CL threads I actually warned that getting rid of him was only half a plan and that despite what many said it could get worse. 

Just like now, many think getting rid of Bob will make us better - it won't. 

If going back that far, I bet you wanted rid of Bob the first time for gifting hibs the cup then celebrated his departure. 

How did that work out? 

You were wrong about that. 

If you think 3rd is meandering then unfortunately for you you'll probably never be happy following Hearts. 

Ironically, our only two 3rd place finishes in the past 15 years have been under Bob. 

You are blinded and it's becoming more and more clear it's due to the CL connection and Hibs winning the cup. 

We taken the bus route, but we got there in the end.

I got Recruitment wrong? 

That makes no sense. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given he has the best overall record in the history of the club, and excluding the two seasons where he won the championship at a charter achieved nearly the maximum possible by finishing third. That tells me that we will struggle to find better actually, in fact it doesn’t just tell me it is a statistical probability’s that in fact we wouldn’t hire anyone better.

not great right now, but you cannot dismiss the impact of injuries. He has enough credit in the bank to see out a patchy run of form if we are lower than 4th come November I’ll change my mind. We weren’t even that bad on Thursday, just beaten by a far superior opponent who we did well against until we opened up 

Best overall record in the history of the club?  He hasn’t won a single major trophy ffs!🤣🤣