***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

39 minutes ago, One five said:

The time of the game and the ticket price may have effected the sales but would as many seats be unsold  if we hadn’t played so poor in the last 2 games ……. Just a thought 🤷‍♂️

Yup my thoughts entirely - injuries and our last few performances have let a bit of air out our balloon.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

Pasquale for King

As the biggest moan around I think if we pick the right team, give 100%, take any chances we get and try our best tomorrow. As long as we do that I don’t think we should complain about any result after watching these games the last two nights. 

So Istanbul have players on £15,000 - £20,000 a year yet have an average home attendance of around 5000 fans.  I don't understand how they do it. Surely the TV contact in Turkey isn't huge?

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

So Istanbul have players on £15,000 - £20,000 a year yet have an average home attendance of around 5000 fans.  I don't understand how they do it. Surely the TV contact in Turkey isn't huge?

Government funded?

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

What's up with Grant ?

Not another treatment table joker I hope .

Robbie flu

Fire_At_The_Disco
30 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'd be there. If I wasn't on holiday. 

Or ambivalent.

Pretty selfish being on holiday tbh🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, kila said:

14.thumb.png.4d78826856053deca2fd6ebfbc3ff489.png

Might not be too far from a sell out if sales keep ticking over tomorrow

Weather Tom no looking good so the people who buy at the last minute might no bother 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It is, he is British so no need  for work permit/visa. 

He Scottish, no such as British in football. I meant how long it takes to get international clearance as opposed to a visa. 

31 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

President Erdogan's plaything / vanity project.

Probably illegal funding but presumably unable to prove. 

We NEED to take something from this game if we are in any way serious about progressing. Probably need to win actually. 

Fiorentina drew with Napoli last week who are currently scudding Liverpool 4-1 so I’d say it’s safe to say they will be firm favourites to top the group.  

If we assume that the league is our priority, we should treat the euro games as a learning experience.

Go out and play with no fear. We have nothing to lose. Enjoy ourselves!

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We NEED to take something from this game if we are in any way serious about progressing. Probably need to win actually. 

Fiorentina drew with Napoli last week who are currently scudding Liverpool 4-1 so I’d say it’s safe to say they will be firm favourites to top the group.  

A ‘must win’ match then? 🥸

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He Scottish, no such as British in football. I meant how long it takes to get international clearance as opposed to a visa. 

Couple of hours if it’s uk to uk teams 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, feej said:

Suspended I think

Yeah. Who would have thought a guy sent off in the last Euro game would be suspended from the next one.

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

Is that meant to be a week ?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We won’t and we aren’t really serious about progressing. Hence lacklustre recruitment.

As regards Europe this is clearly a transition year.

Istanbul are rammed full of internationals and top league players. Fantasy that we can live with them,

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

If we assume that the league is our priority, we should treat the euro games as a learning experience.

This.  

But to be a learning experience,  you need to return to the occasion that you previously learned about.  European football again next season.  Not in 3 years because a lot of the players will have moved on.  

Learn and be in a position to recall the lesson.  Plus appreciate the occasion for what it is.

Nheilson oot.

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I doubt it, somewhat quelled enthusiasm. Below season ticket base, how many are interested. 

Not an easy time in life though, its a lot of cost in a short period 

put perfectly m8 ,after season tickets, maybe it has quelled a good bit, money is quite scarce atm,    but improving performances will  see gates go up again,,,

37 minutes ago, Boris said:

My thoughts entirely 👍

LochcarronJambo

My only hope was that Halkett would be fit, as he isn’t going to make it according to Robbie I am not looking forward to this one bit ☹️

I mind going to the home game in 1989 v Bayern when folk thought we’d get beat. We were mid table at the time from memory. 

one of the best Hearts nights of my life. Some need to believe and get a grip. Of course we can beat them. We are at home and let’s get in their faces in the pissing rain (like that night).  We can do this folks.

if the team have the same thoughts as some on here they’d be as well not turning up.  It’s a great opportunity and a reward for all the shit we’ve went through since admin

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Make more sense if we hadn't already been beat twice. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Make more sense if we hadn't already been beat twice. 

Not like you to be negative! 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Not like you to be negative! 

Well, if we're gonna do stuff like that get the context right. 

Already papped out the Europa. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I mind going to the home game in 1989 v Bayern when folk thought we’d get beat. We were mid table at the time from memory. 

one of the best Hearts nights of my life. Some need to believe and get a grip. Of course we can beat them. We are at home and let’s get in their faces in the pissing rain (like that night).  We can do this folks.

if the team have the same thoughts as some on here they’d be as well not turning up.  It’s a great opportunity and a reward for all the shit we’ve went through since admin

Should’ve trained on the pitch and made it impossible to pass on too 😜

millerjames398
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Our record at tynecastle against some top teams is actually really good, can only think of spurs really handing us out arse, bayern, bologna, Atletico Madrid and Stuttgart to name just a few of the teams we've turned over at home, hopefully we can add the cash laden turks to the list🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Our record at tynecastle against some top teams is actually really good, can only think of spurs really handing us out arse, bayern, bologna, Atletico Madrid and Stuttgart to name just a few of the teams we've turned over at home, hopefully we can add the cash laden turks to the list🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

That would be a delight. 

Some on here are worried about Halkett's injury.  I was sure Neilson said a few days ago that he would be back for this. Certainly hope so.

Is Halkett confirmed being out? He's a huge miss for us if so.

If he is I would go with a back 3 and put Haring in the centre of the 3, he could also step into midfield as and when required.

My team would be,

Gordon

Smith Haring Kingsley

Natty/Haliday Devlin Grant Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay

The only question mark over that team is Atkinson for me, could put Halliday there instead or switch Cochrane to the right wing back position and have Halliday on the left.

Still think istanbul will have too much for us and win comfortably but you never know, we need to take any chance that comes our way or it will definitely come back to bite us.

Edited by gregzy2k7

If Halkett is out

Gordon

Kingsley

Sibbick

Smith

Cochrane

Devlin

Haring

Atkinson

McKay

Shankland

Grant 

Would be my starting line up with Neilson coming on for Smith or Sibbick if they have any problems with injury or the game going against them

Forrest and Gino as options be tired legs 

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Halkett is out

Gordon

Kingsley

Sibbick

Smith

Cochrane

Devlin

Haring

Atkinson

McKay

Shankland

Grant 

Would be my starting line up with Neilson coming on for Smith or Sibbick if they have any problems with injury or the game going against them

Grant suspended. 

7 hours ago, john thomas said:

Is that meant to be a week ?

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The lira has been very week recently. 😄

7 hours ago, FWJ said:

That’s what I wondered.

You’ll have young Turkish footballers running about saying, when I grow up I really want to be a plumber or a brickie. Sod this mularkey for £15k pa

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Halkett is out

Gordon

Kingsley

Sibbick

Smith

Cochrane

Devlin

Haring

Atkinson

McKay

Shankland

Grant 

grant suspended and Atkinson is injured