" A place in the sun" tv programme

JudyJudyJudy

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I've been thinking the same recently, however I'm just back from a fortnight in the Canaries 😂

Nice. Turkey next week for me👌🏼

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Doctor FinnBarr

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I've been thinking the same recently, however I'm just back from a fortnight in the Canaries 😂

Been to Lanzarote , yuck . Also Gran Canaria , what a place , I thought that there it was meant to be a gay nirvana , it was more like a chess pit really . Only decent thing was a drag bar which had good acts on each night . Plus it was really windy in both places . Strange island really . Oh I did like the canary potatoes and steaks 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Pn me your PayPal details. Could do with some Hugo Boss gear

😂last time I was there I was surprised at the prices they charge for some of that stuff now. 
I pay daft money for stuff sometimes but im no paying even £50-£60 for the shnide gear. 

Edited by jack D and coke

8 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve been a few times before…..Banff and Jasper are fantastic places……I did climb mount Robson back in the day but….I’ll be happy to take selfies now at ground level 😁

Have you done B.C or are you just rightly impressed with Alberta, a beautiful rugged in places Province.

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Been to Lanzarote , yuck . Also Gran Canaria , what a place , I thought that there it was meant to be a gay nirvana , it was more like a chess pit really . Only decent thing was a drag bar which had good acts on each night . Plus it was really windy in both places . Strange island really . Oh I did like the canary potatoes and steaks 

3FFE1DA9-17D3-4EE2-99B7-19EEA5B271E4.webp

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

😂last time I was there I was surprised at the prices they charge for some of that stuff now. 
I pay daft money for stuff sometimes but im no paying even £50-£60 for the shnide gear. 

Possibly the wrong shop? I was picking up decent polos for a tenner possibly less

jack D and coke
Just now, Jeff said:

Possibly the wrong shop? I was picking up decent polos for a tenner possibly less

Sounds like it. I was in Belek last time and wasn’t a lot of choice tbh. 

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Have you done B.C or are you just rightly impressed with Alberta, a beautiful rugged in places Province.

Just Jasper/Banff in Alberta (the scenery just blows your socks off) but, my route plan this time (so far) has me heading west from Jasper so, I’ll be crossing into BC but not sure how far in or where to stop.  A rough route guide to date is a clockwise circle from Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton, Calgary over 18 days…..I’m not changing campsites every day so 2-3 night stops in each one followed by day trips out from each place……I’d imagine 7 different campsites including one in BC……can’t book any sites till January.

highlandjambo3
16 hours ago, Sharpie said:

You will enjoy Alberta scenic Province with two interesting bigger cities Calgary and Edmonton, we toured it one year but just got motels where we could when we felt like stopping, have to be careful with that though in busy times you can be left with no bed, but we had a big Chrysler Town and Country estate wagon and if need be had lots of room to sleep in the back. You will be seen as a tourist because no western hat and cowboy boots😇. If you are there at the time the Stampede is worth seeing.

On your advice I think I’ll get myself a hat just to mingle in, I wouldn’t want to look out of place……this should do it:

p.s seen plenty of stampedes at Easter road/hampden at half time😁

846C92B2-2756-40E6-BBBF-31C7F049DB0B.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3

12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Nice. Turkey next week for me👌🏼

Post a photo of your new hair when you get back.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, superjack said:

and teeth :) 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, superjack said:

I’m going golfing I’ll have none left :lol: 

On 29/08/2022 at 23:18, Sharpie said:

Emigration to Canada and subsequent retirement proved I had made the perfect life move. British Columbia is a marvellous Province. I lived in Vancouver a major metropolis whilst working.Beautiful summers, cold sometimes snowy winters but not extreme. Close to the United States for shopping, trips, reasonablyn close vacation areas, i.e Vegas, Hawaii, California. On retirement moved to a small town Osoyoos, population at the time 7,000. Canadas only official desert area. Had a house built for reasonable cost, large garden with a view of a mountain a lots of wild life. A beautiful golf course which when using our electic golf c art was less than a minute from house to pro shop. Summers with temps in the 30's reaonably mild winters golf course open most of the year. The only draw back as age crept up was the lack of closeness of medical help hospital etc in case of emergency.  Moved to larger City where foregoing was available move proven worthwhile because in less than two months was in hospital having surgery for Colon Cancer. My wife had a five minute drive to hospital for visits. My total immigration to B.C has been a stroke of genius to those looking in but was a lucky move by an eedjit, what is important in such a move is, facilities, language, local habits,recrational abilities, closeness for shopping etc and of course medical asistance.

I need to pick your brains Sharpie, I'm currently considering moving to Canada...

20 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just recently it’s the first time in my life I’ve thought about getting to **** out of here for good. 
Maybe it’ll pass but this place sometimes now😕

Somewhere warmer in a few years maybe. 

This is where I'm at as well. Sister is in Australia and is desperate for me to join her out there (I'm less enthusastic about moving to where she is :lol:). Canada is my main consideration.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This is where I'm at as well. Sister is in Australia and is desperate for me to join her out there (I'm less enthusastic about moving to where she is :lol:). Canada is my main consideration.

I’d like to get out to Canada and see it.
I didn’t like Oz much though tbh. Can’t quite put my finger on exactly what is was but just wasn’t feeling it out there. 
I was glad to get home. 

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d like to get out to Canada and see it.
I didn’t like Oz much though tbh. Can’t quite put my finger on exactly what is was but just wasn’t feeling it out there. 
I was glad to get home. 

I’ve never been to either, will try arrange a trip to Canada next year. I like the cold and heat so climate wise it’s ideal. 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I need to pick your brains Sharpie, I'm currently considering moving to Canada...

The crop is getting smaller but any help I can give you I will be happy to provide.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it yesterday, There was a couple looking for a property in Tuscany.  The properties were all 2/3 Bedrooms, some had a garden or a terrace or garage. All looked stunning.  All for under £70, 000  

Unreal.  We really are rip off Britain. Couldn't even get a parking space for that in Edinburgh city centre. 

* the show was from 2019 but probably havent went up that much since. 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I watched it yesterday, There was a couple looking for a property in Tuscany.  The properties were all 2/3 Bedrooms, some had a garden or a terrace or garage. All looked stunning.  All for under £70, 000  

Unreal.  We really are rip off Britain. Couldn't even get a parking space for that in Edinburgh city centre. 

* the show was from 2019 but probably havent went up that much since. 

I'm obsessed with retiring to Tuscany. A long way off granted but it's a dream. 

Just now, Homme said:

I'm obsessed with retiring to Tuscany. A long way off granted but it's a dream. 

My god the properties were stunning. Well worth the cash.  I've visited the area twice. Florence is just a beautiful place.  Dreams come true, Keep it alive. 

Spitonastranger
On 30/08/2022 at 22:40, Jeff said:

off topic but what were the entry regulations re covid. TIA 🤓

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

We go to Tenerife on Tuesday and as far as i'm aware Covid passport is still required if you have all 3 shots. You still need to test beforehand if not fully vaxxed.

Face coverings required for bus and taxis.

Spitonastranger
9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

We go to Tenerife on Tuesday and as far as i'm aware Covid passport is still required if you have all 3 shots. You still need to test beforehand if not fully vaxxed.

👍

On 29/08/2022 at 23:18, Sharpie said:

Emigration to Canada and subsequent retirement proved I had made the perfect life move. British Columbia is a marvellous Province. I lived in Vancouver a major metropolis whilst working.Beautiful summers, cold sometimes snowy winters but not extreme. Close to the United States for shopping, trips, reasonablyn close vacation areas, i.e Vegas, Hawaii, California. On retirement moved to a small town Osoyoos, population at the time 7,000. Canadas only official desert area. Had a house built for reasonable cost, large garden with a view of a mountain a lots of wild life. A beautiful golf course which when using our electic golf c art was less than a minute from house to pro shop. Summers with temps in the 30's reaonably mild winters golf course open most of the year. The only draw back as age crept up was the lack of closeness of medical help hospital etc in case of emergency.  Moved to larger City where foregoing was available move proven worthwhile because in less than two months was in hospital having surgery for Colon Cancer. My wife had a five minute drive to hospital for visits. My total immigration to B.C has been a stroke of genius to those looking in but was a lucky move by an eedjit, what is important in such a move is, facilities, language, local habits,recrational abilities, closeness for shopping etc and of course medical asistance.

Basically you went 6000miles  to live in the South of England's climate.

For Spanish property, I assume "cave house" is the same as a steading in the UK - don't touch it with a barge-pole as nobody will want to buy it from you if you wish to sell?

6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Basically you went 6000miles  to live in the South of England's climate.

That and my wifes homeland and a new life in which to nraise my7 two young children, the same motivations as emigrants for 100's of years

couple of gross arseholes on it today. It was in Portugal and Jasmine asked the woman how she would feel about trying to " lots of different foods." ?  She replied 

NO.  Awful. Felt like throwing the remote at the telly 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

couple of gross arseholes on it today. It was in Portugal and Jasmine asked the woman how she would feel about trying to " lots of different foods." ?  She replied 

NO.  Awful. Felt like throwing the remote at the telly 

Was in a wee Turkish cafe in Icmeler which sold A1 chicken wraps (nae chilli sauce, they just gave you a bowl of chillies) when 4 English birds turn up and ask for chicken nuggets. "No chicken nuggets on menu lady", "but we only eat chicken nuggets", "ok, you go someplace else and eat chicken nuggets, bye bye".

Brits abroad can be zoomers.

22 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Was in a wee Turkish cafe in Icmeler which sold A1 chicken wraps (nae chilli sauce, they just gave you a bowl of chillies) when 4 English birds turn up and ask for chicken nuggets. "No chicken nuggets on menu lady", "but we only eat chicken nuggets", "ok, you go someplace else and eat chicken nuggets, bye bye".

Brits abroad can be zoomers.

Fowl 😂

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Fowl 😂

As was that foul attempt at a joke James.

No seriously, in Icmeler you can eat Indian/Chinese/Italian/Mexican or even Turkish or at a push if you really want Brit food a cracking steak for a fraction of the cost here.

And no, I don't work for the Turkish tourist board.

Used to watch these types of shows when I worked Nightshift before I went to bed.What used to get me with them was the budgets and what they would turn their noses up at for example in the countryside £400k 5 bedrooms absolute acres of land and just stunning but the  kitchen about the size of a 5 a side pitch they were looking for something a little bit bigger 😂

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

As was that foul attempt at a joke James.

No seriously, in Icmeler you can eat Indian/Chinese/Italian/Mexican or even Turkish or at a push if you really want Brit food a cracking steak for a fraction of the cost here.

And no, I don't work for the Turkish tourist board.

I Was egg pecting that kind of reply 😂😂 oh I was in marmaris a few years back , the food was spectacular 

A5E12971-5E04-45DF-B6ED-468058DC65A0.gif

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Used to watch these types of shows when I worked Nightshift before I went to bed.What used to get me with them was the budgets and what they would turn their noses up at for example in the countryside £400k 5 bedrooms absolute acres of land and just stunning but the  kitchen about the size of a 5 a side pitch they were looking for something a little bit bigger 😂

Oh I know bunch of fussy cants on it . Can’t stand most of them 😂 some also very unrealistic about what property they can get for the money they have. I totally admire the presenters for being so patient with them . 

52 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I know bunch of fussy cants on it . Can’t stand most of them 😂 some also very unrealistic about what property they can get for the money they have. I totally admire the presenters for being so patient with them . 

Or the ones from a Place In The Countryside that then complain it's a bit too countryside 😂

Doctor FinnBarr
On 22/09/2022 at 16:22, Spitonastranger said:

On 22/09/2022 at 23:29, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Let me change my mind now I'm here, no one at the airport was remotely interested in covid passports and taxi drivers didn't give a damn about face coverings. Not been on a bus yet so don't  know about them.

Spitonastranger
27 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Let me change my mind now I'm here, no one at the airport was remotely interested in covid passports and taxi drivers didn't give a damn about face coverings. Not been on a bus yet so don't  know about them.

Have  a good holiday and thanks for the update 😀

highlandjambo3
On 24/09/2022 at 10:02, JudyJudyJudy said:

Don’t forget, these presenters get the chance to plug their own property’s for sale business to us shivering in the UK.  The end credits/commentary on the show mentions something along the lines of “if you want any more details about the properties on show visit…….etc” .  Not itk but Id guess they’ve sold plenty of their holiday properties to us minions watching…….I do agree though, the do have to bite their lip sometimes as there are some complete wallopers on that program.

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Don’t forget, these presenters get the chance to plug their own property’s for sale business to us shivering in the UK.  The end credits/commentary on the show mentions something along the lines of “if you want any more details about the properties on show visit…….etc” .  Not itk but Id guess they’ve sold plenty of their holiday properties to us minions watching…….I do agree though, the do have to bite their lip sometimes as there are some complete wallopers on that program.

Yes I suppose they get free publicity and a fee for presenting the programme but you can sense their impatience with some of the  time wasters on it . However to be fair it’s a big investment to buy a home abroad so one really needs to be sure I suppose . 

• 1 month later...
Konrad von Carstein
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Genuinely upset reading that, he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke it's a bloody shame.

Bloody shame. Three kids as well.

He did the right thing getting checked and it sounds like it's given him a fair bit of extra time with his family.

We should all not ignore anything out of the ordinary. Get the peace of mind and get it checked out. 

Edited by Jambo_Gaz