" A place in the sun" tv programme

JudyJudyJudy

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes it's been a good couple of weeks. My parents told me to get my act together, saw it a couple of months ago I thought why not. Love the place, no photos I don't believe in photography 

Listen mate, I've had mental health issues in the last wee while (like you) but I've not resorted to blatant lying on the internet.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Doctor FinnBarr

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Listen mate, I've had mental health issues in the last wee while (like you) but I've not resorted to blatant lying on the internet.

👏

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Lying I was having a joke. No mental health issues here by the way 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok, pics of the villa then.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Ok, pics of the villa then.

You'll need to ask Steven Gerrard eh. You seeing the psychs my condolences they're weird 

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

👏

Morgan do you ever have a laugh or are you permanently angry. Chill out mate out your feet up you only live once 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You'll need to ask Steven Gerrard eh. You seeing the psychs my condolences they're weird 

Morgan do you ever have a laugh or are you permanently angry. Chill out mate out your feet up you only live once 

STOP LYING

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes we bought a nice villa on the Algarve 

Whereabout on the Algarve? I'm heading out again soon. 

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

STOP LYING

I just come on here for a laugh. I see this place is no different to my personal life where I have been shunned by everyone. So this will be my last post on here

19 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I prefer to stay in Scotland really . Not a sun lover anyway and not a full time boozer which most of them seem  to be who are on it .  If I moved abroad it would be Italy of France 

Italy looks amazing.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I just come on here for a laugh. I see this place is no different to my personal life where I have been shunned by everyone. So this will be my last post on here

Get her arse back here. Say what you like, and accept when you're challenged. But do NOT feel you have to leave anywhere, anytime, because of anyone, bud.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Italy looks amazing.

It is . I’ve been to Rome about 5 times , Naples , Sorrento , Milan and Capri too . Also finally got to Florence a couple years back . Beautiful place . Full of culture , good good too . 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No stay ! Your an interesting character 👍👍👍

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It is . I’ve been to Rome about 5 times , Naples , Sorrento , Milan and Capri too . Also finally got to Florence a couple years back . Beautiful place . Full of culture , good good too . 

You lucky so and so. Verona looks the business. It love to retire in Italy.

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, ri Alban said:

Verona looks the business. It love to retire in Italy.

Never been there but it looks great too . There are some properties on “ a place in the sun “ in Italy but only now and then . Still looks relatively cheap to buy there and most of Europe . Begs the question how the hell is our properties off the scale in price ? 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never been there but it looks great too . There are some properties on “ a place in the sun “ in Italy but only now and then . Still looks relatively cheap to buy there and most of Europe . Begs the question how the hell is our properties off the scale in price ? 

Rip off UK, bud. 👍

JudyJudyJudy

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Rip off UK, bud. 👍

yep simple as that really 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Verona is very nice, stayed there when we played Bologna.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Jasmine Harman: Yes.

Laura Hamilton: Yes. But didn't need the lip filler, imo.

Dani Menzies: Nope.

Scarlett Douglas: Yes.

Jean "Married that Finnish ex-Rangers player"... Nope.

Jonnie Irwin: Studly. Back in the day.

English win. 

Dani Menzies : no .

yer at it loon 😂

On 26/08/2022 at 23:58, The White Cockade said:

D8413EE4-B538-41C8-91FC-63142A9CDB2D.jpeg

Jasmin is truly lovely, but you’ve got to love a bit of Laura Hamilton too 😊

91607C93-D4F9-48A4-9BB1-28FFC799C903.jpeg

On 26/08/2022 at 23:58, The White Cockade said:

D8413EE4-B538-41C8-91FC-63142A9CDB2D.jpeg

love the series but only when she’s in it. Fabulous.

to be fair could watch her selling fresh air and I’d probably buy it

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

**** that shit mate. Hing aboot 👍🏼👍🏼

Emigration to Canada and subsequent retirement proved I had made the perfect life move. British Columbia is a marvellous Province. I lived in Vancouver a major metropolis whilst working.Beautiful summers, cold sometimes snowy winters but not extreme. Close to the United States for shopping, trips, reasonablyn close vacation areas, i.e Vegas, Hawaii, California. On retirement moved to a small town Osoyoos, population at the time 7,000. Canadas only official desert area. Had a house built for reasonable cost, large garden with a view of a mountain a lots of wild life. A beautiful golf course which when using our electic golf c art was less than a minute from house to pro shop. Summers with temps in the 30's reaonably mild winters golf course open most of the year. The only draw back as age crept up was the lack of closeness of medical help hospital etc in case of emergency.  Moved to larger City where foregoing was available move proven worthwhile because in less than two months was in hospital having surgery for Colon Cancer. My wife had a five minute drive to hospital for visits. My total immigration to B.C has been a stroke of genius to those looking in but was a lucky move by an eedjit, what is important in such a move is, facilities, language, local habits,recrational abilities, closeness for shopping etc and of course medical asistance.

Pasquale for King
On 29/08/2022 at 11:31, rudi must stay said:

No laughs in the shed I’m afraid 😆

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Emigration to Canada and subsequent retirement proved I had made the perfect life move. British Columbia is a marvellous Province. I lived in Vancouver a major metropolis whilst working.Beautiful summers, cold sometimes snowy winters but not extreme. Close to the United States for shopping, trips, reasonablyn close vacation areas, i.e Vegas, Hawaii, California. On retirement moved to a small town Osoyoos, population at the time 7,000. Canadas only official desert area. Had a house built for reasonable cost, large garden with a view of a mountain a lots of wild life. A beautiful golf course which when using our electic golf c art was less than a minute from house to pro shop. Summers with temps in the 30's reaonably mild winters golf course open most of the year. The only draw back as age crept up was the lack of closeness of medical help hospital etc in case of emergency.  Moved to larger City where foregoing was available move proven worthwhile because in less than two months was in hospital having surgery for Colon Cancer. My wife had a five minute drive to hospital for visits. My total immigration to B.C has been a stroke of genius to those looking in but was a lucky move by an eedjit, what is important in such a move is, facilities, language, local habits,recrational abilities, closeness for shopping etc and of course medical asistance.

Sounds like you made the perfect move . 👍

jack D and coke
On 29/08/2022 at 14:55, ri Alban said:

Just recently it’s the first time in my life I’ve thought about getting to **** out of here for good. 
Maybe it’ll pass but this place sometimes now😕

Somewhere warmer in a few years maybe. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just recently it’s the first time in my life I’ve thought about getting to **** out of here for good. 

Me anaw, bud. Scotland is finished.

periodictabledancer
On 26/08/2022 at 21:02, JudyJudyJudy said:

see thats what i dont understand now ?how can these people still try and buy properties in Europe due to Brexit.? Its never ever mentioned. 

The Spanish made it easy for current residents to get permanent status but lots didn't bother post brexit.

Spanish are now taking a heavy hand to this as it seems there was / are a lot of "Brits"  who never nothered registering in the first place and never will if they can get away with it. 

For folks going now , post brexit, it can still be done but you'd need to satisfy the income threshold and fork out a fortune for private medical insurance (300E per month per couple , I was hearing). 

I don't know if there's a language qualification needed. 

Like you say though , the entry criteria is never mentioned , as presumably that would ruin "the dream".

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The Spanish made it easy for current residents to get permanent status but lots didn't bother post brexit.

Spanish are now taking a heavy hand to this as it seems there was / are a lot of "Brits"  who never nothered registering in the first place and never will if they can get away with it. 

For folks going now , post brexit, it can still be done but you'd need to satisfy the income threshold and fork out a fortune for private medical insurance (300E per month per couple , I was hearing). 

Like you say though , the entry criteria is never mentioned , as presumably that would ruin "the dream".

Thanks for that info. Typical arrogant brits really expecting everything on. Plate re settling there . Yes that’s true about health care . One of my friends moved over there then came back within a year due to his medical bills , prescriptions etc . Assumed it would be cheap ! Nope it wasn’t . 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

None would get in if there was any 

“language  “ criteria ! 😂

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Miss Danni 

15E290B9-9298-4005-A3A7-23367B4E4FAD.webp

Skinny as a rake ! Awful ! ( and I feel the same about skinny guys too ) 😎 nowt wrong with curves or muscles 😎

JudyJudyJudy

I actually like the guy Ben on it . He’s a right cherry sausage and has an infectious laugh . I love how he and the other presenters try to hide their exasperation at some of the overtly picky and unrealistic  house hunters on it . 

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Heading to Alberta next year for 3 weeks, hired one of those tiny wee camper vans 👍:

8502D119-420C-4426-92D5-F377A53D6600.jpeg

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Heading to Alberta next year for 3 weeks, hired one of those tiny wee camper vans 👍:

It reminds me of driving through one of the national parks in Alberta on some narrow winding road and my wife shouting out "who'd bring a bus up here ?".

It was a massive RV. Literally the size of a bus. 

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thanks for that info. Typical arrogant brits really expecting everything on. Plate re settling there . Yes that’s true about health care . One of my friends moved over there then came back within a year due to his medical bills , prescriptions etc . Assumed it would be cheap ! Nope it wasn’t . 

I heard the Spanish are/were targetting known Brit ghettos where they suspected people were living permanently but not signing up for residency. They started doing ANPR style checks which resulted in quite a few getting driving bans , fines and car insurance invalidated because they hadn't got a valid Spanish driving licence post brexit (even though the Spanish had offered an extended timeline and a simple process to exchange their UK licence for a Spanish one ). 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You will enjoy Alberta scenic Province with two interesting bigger cities Calgary and Edmonton, we toured it one year but just got motels where we could when we felt like stopping, have to be careful with that though in busy times you can be left with no bed, but we had a big Chrysler Town and Country estate wagon and if need be had lots of room to sleep in the back. You will be seen as a tourist because no western hat and cowboy boots😇. If you are there at the time the Stampede is worth seeing.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Oh that looks brilliant. Been watching " million dollar motor homes" also on Channel 5 and some of the motor homes look stunning.  Whats it like inside ?  Have a great time.  Id love to do Canada by rail from coast to coast 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

I heard the Spanish are/were targetting known Brit ghettos where they suspected people were living permanently but not signing up for residency. They started doing ANPR style checks which resulted in quite a few getting driving bans , fines and car insurance invalidated because they hadn't got a valid Spanish driving licence post brexit (even though the Spanish had offered an extended timeline and a simple process to exchange their UK licence for a Spanish one ). 

Yes i read about it too.  They caught quite  a few at it too.

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

You will enjoy Alberta scenic Province with two interesting bigger cities Calgary and Edmonton, we toured it one year but just got motels where we could when we felt like stopping, have to be careful with that though in busy times you can be left with no bed, but we had a big Chrysler Town and Country estate wagon and if need be had lots of room to sleep in the back. You will be seen as a tourist because no western hat and cowboy boots😇. If you are there at the time the Stampede is worth seeing.

I’ve been a few times before…..Banff and Jasper are fantastic places……I did climb mount Robson back in the day but….I’ll be happy to take selfies now at ground level 😁

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh that looks brilliant. Been watching " million dollar motor homes" also on Channel 5 and some of the motor homes look stunning.  Whats it like inside ?  Have a great time.  Id love to do Canada by rail from coast to coast 

It’s a real home from home……fixed walk round double bed at the back….full lounge slide out ….full kitchen/bathroom/shower….air con….onboard generator so you can live off grid…..big 6.5l V10 engine for climbing up those big moontinz 😁

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’s a real home from home……fixed walk round double bed at the back….full lounge slide out ….full kitchen/bathroom/shower….air con….onboard generator so you can live off grid…..big 6.5l V10 engine for climbing up those big moontinz 😁

Yes I've seen them on the programme i mentioned.  They look incredible.  Even the cheaper ones too.  Must be great to just wake up each morning and decide where to travel.  

highlandjambo3
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I've seen them on the programme i mentioned.  They look incredible.  Even the cheaper ones too.  Must be great to just wake up each morning and decide where to travel

Ah……if only…..camping in Canada is not like the UK, it’s very strictly regulated, you can’t just pitch up anywhere. Camping in their provincial parks (like our national parks) you must book a recognised campsite.  Non provincial/regional controlled “free camping” is only permitted to Canadian residents so, all my stopovers will be pre booked however, typical Canadian campsites are well spaced out not like our cramped jobs.  Picnic table, hard standing and fire pit (bbq) are often provided (see below)

F2B7EE8D-48D7-436E-A1AC-38B94D2DA5C5.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Bit long in the tooth to move now, sugar tits. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ah……if only…..camping in Canada is not like the UK, it’s very strictly regulated, you can’t just pitch up anywhere. Camping in their provincial parks (like our national parks) you must book a recognised campsite.  Non provincial/regional controlled “free camping” is only permitted to Canadian residents so, all my stopovers will be pre booked however, typical Canadian campsites are well spaced out not like our cramped jobs.  Picnic table, hard standing and fire pit (bbq) are often provided (see below)

F2B7EE8D-48D7-436E-A1AC-38B94D2DA5C5.jpeg

Great stuff 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Forever 21 laddie. In the heed😐

I've been thinking the same recently, however I'm just back from a fortnight in the Canaries 😂

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Thank you for saying I should stay those who did :)

That’s ok . Are u staying for good ?