***Official RIGA travel thread***

JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, christhejambo said:

Not sure if it will help anyone, but following the query above, they just came back to me (2000 UK time)

"We’ll have staff over in Latvia who can you meet prior to kick-off at the stadium, once you’ve bought your ticket send us another email and we’ll be in touch to arrange exact locations/timings next week once we’ve figured everything out."

Thanks mate. Good to know.

They could have saves themselves a lot of hassle though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

We_are_the_Hearts
33 minutes ago, christhejambo said:

Got 165 loyalty points, but live abroad.  Is there really no print at home option or collection in Riga available?  Doable to have someone collect from Tynecastle, but pretty inconvenient if they need ID etc rather than just the order confirmation

How can you have 165 points when you live abroad?  Just wondering mate 👍

On 05/09/2022 at 14:23, It should’ve been 12! said:

We are staying in the Wellton Centrum Hotel too which is in the city centre. 2 of us arrive from Dublin at 22:10 on Tuesday 13/09 and our flight back is 23:45 on Friday 16/09 back to Dublin.

We have booked an airport transfer - Riga Airport to Wellton Centrum Hotel and have 2 spaces in it, it cost €25 but happy to do it for €5pp as appreciate you would have to get from our hotel to yours on the Tuesday night.

Plus have 2 spaces for the return flight again happy to do for €5pp. 👍🇱🇻

Interested in this.

I tried to message you - not possible on your account at the moment.

Could you send me a PM?

JOhn

If Hearts have shown anything this year, it’s that they’re really not very good at organising ticket sales. 

Embarrassing that RFS are having to reassure our fans that there will be enough tickets. 

22 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How can you have 165 points when you live abroad?  Just wondering mate 👍

probably the same way anyone else gets loyalty points… 

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, tamflogel said:

probably the same way anyone else gets loyalty points… 

Fair play that’s some amount of travelling every week

33 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hearts have emailed me to say they will be dropping the points each day

If this is the case, both clubs aren’t going to be able to gauge how many fans are travelling/needing tickets for however many days they prolong this shambles. Not great for fans just wanting that reassurance asap either.

Should be similar to Zurich - high points threshold, next day ST holders, next day general sale. They have the space, just let us in!

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How very considerate. Normally I'm all in favour of big points holders getting priority but there's no need in this case. Just  put them on general  sale  and then request more when those sell  out. Absolutely zero thought put into this and all it does is cause unnecessary delays while they fart about dropping the points required. 

2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

If there’s no option to collect tickets away in Riga, surely someone who is also travelling over could get your tickets from Tynie for you? I’d be happy to collect and bring over and meet you on the day of the game over there if all else fails 👍🏻

Thanks - if I can’t sort things out I’ll be in touch regarding your kind offer!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

2 hours ago, jack49 said:

This is the reply I got from the club when I asked for clarification on sale of tickets

“ We will continue to drop the threshold required over the next few days so keep an eye on the website and social media channels for more details.”

Good info but when and how much (of a drop on the loyalty points threshold)???

Hard to plan with no facts!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think this is inexperience from the TO here.

Surely they could email out and get a judgement of the level of interest in the trip before setting a threshold. 

Also a timeliness for the threshold dropping.... if unsold after day 1, day 2 will be 120 points and so on 

Feels like they are European ‘virgins’!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

You are “a special one”!!

I never got an e mail from them, they don’t love me!!

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are “a special one”!!

I never got an e mail from them, they don’t love me!!

Haha I should have said it was a reply!!

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I feel for the fans that are travelling and on tenterhooks worrying about tickets. 

I say this with all due respect to your post but literally NO HEARTS FANS SHOULD BE ON TENTERHOOKS!!!!!!!! Anyone who travels to Riga, with or without a ticket will get into the ground regardless of what is being said just now. They will have thousands of empty seats, the atmosphere will be one of fun, there will be hardly any Popo or security and once the Hearts fans are there Riga will sort things out if necessary. The 419 and 500 tickets are a nonsense. They will have plenty more if required. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I say this with all due respect to your post but literally NO HEARTS FANS SHOULD BE ON TENTERHOOKS!!!!!!!! Anyone who travels to Riga, with or without a ticket will get into the ground regardless of what is being said just now. They will have thousands of empty seats, the atmosphere will be one of fun, there will be hardly any Popo or security and once the Hearts fans are there Riga will sort things out if necessary. The 419 and 500 tickets are a nonsense. They will have plenty more if required. 

I agree but it’s in some peoples nature to worry.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Hearts article on tickets states another 500 available and RFS replied to someone saying 1000 in total so expect there'll be plenty Hearts fans in the home sections.

26 minutes ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Hearts article on tickets states another 500 available and RFS replied to someone saying 1000 in total so expect there'll be plenty Hearts fans in the home sections.

Why? 1000 will be enough tickets. Can't see it selling out.

Shooter McGavin
10 hours ago, Albion said:

If Hearts have shown anything this year, it’s that they’re really not very good at organising ticket sales. 

Embarrassing that RFS are having to reassure our fans that there will be enough tickets. 

To be fair, Riga only echoed what had already been said in our statement with regards to extra tickets being made available with demand.

alicante jambo

Right come on forget all this ticket pish lets get to the important stuff. Where will be the best watering holes? I mind in tallin estonia there was a couple of pubs we all met at. Any you jambos been to riga and know where the fans should head to. 

919 tickets will surely be enough going by numbers in Zurich. Admittedly Riga appears a lot cheaper to get to, especially if you’re willing to do a train or a bus from Estonia or Lithuania but there’s no way flights would still be £25-£35 return to these places if Hearts were taking 1,000+

Will be interesting to see if tickets are actually €10. They are €25 for adults and €12.50 for children In the home section closest to the away end…

12 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

Thanks mate. Good to know.

They could have saves themselves a lot of hassle though.

They did this for me at the Zurich game as I live in Dublin. Worked well and TO as always were super helpful. They don’t advertise too widely as last thing the one poor person at the pickup point needs is 1000 people descending on them an hour before kickoff to pick up tickets!

46 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Will be interesting to see if tickets are actually €10. They are €25 for adults and €12.50 for children In the home section closest to the away end…

Why wouldn't they be €10? That's what they are being sold at. 🤷

Just now, graygo said:

Someone on Facebook was genuinely suggesting Hearts should sell them on to us at more that 10 euro and pocket the difference 🤣

Just now, Poseidon said:

Someone on Facebook was genuinely suggesting Hearts should sell them on to us at more that 10 euro and pocket the difference 🤣

Apparently the pieman did that very thing.

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Didn't know that. Pushing the boundaries of legality surely? 

Admin charge? Those robbing astards at Ticketmaster do similar.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Admin charge? Those robbing astards at Ticketmaster do similar.

Suppose so. But Hearts taking one on top of ticketmaster (assume we still have to pay one for these away games) would be hard to justify. Either we sell them ourselves off the TM platform or accept that's the only admin charge needed.

4 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

5 loyalty points and a tenner a ticket. Your gonna get people that will buy a ticket and not go for sure. 

Not yet, not when you need to have 155 to get one.

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Suppose so. But Hearts taking one on top of ticketmaster (assume we still have to pay one for these away games) would be hard to justify. Either we sell them ourselves off the TM platform or accept that's the only admin charge needed.

We wouldn't do it these days, not a chance.

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wallace did it, too. Although, to be fair, with the process we had to go through there were GENUINE admin charges back then. Forms to be filled in, itineraries to be checked. Thank God the modern fan didn’t live through the 80s and early 90s when you actually had to get off your arse and do all this. 

We_are_the_Hearts
21 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

5 loyalty points and a tenner a ticket. Your gonna get people that will buy a ticket and not go for sure. 

Pricks if they do. Am sure folk do that though. Hearts should be asking for proof of travel

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Pricks if they do. Am sure folk do that though. Hearts should be asking for proof of travel

Agreed mate. They did that a few years back, dunno why they’ve never stuck to it. 

36 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Wallace did it, too. Although, to be fair, with the process we had to go through there were GENUINE admin charges back then. Forms to be filled in, itineraries to be checked. Thank God the modern fan didn’t live through the 80s and early 90s when you actually had to get off your arse and do all this. 

I might have got the wrong chairman now that you've posted that.

In typical Hearts / Ticketmaster fashion, while Hearts web says it will be collection only, Ticketmaster appears to suggest it's  postal only option.

Unless I missed something in the ticketmaster card, 2 factor authentication, RBS digital log on with a couple of minutes to do it all.

50 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

As posted above, Hearts were probably more thorough in the 80s/90s than they are now. You had to provide a full itinerary. Travel plans, routes, hotels, number of nights, the lot.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Usually ticket prices are the same across the board for cup matches.

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

In typical Hearts / Ticketmaster fashion, while Hearts web says it will be collection only, Ticketmaster appears to suggest it's  postal only option.

Unless I missed something in the ticketmaster card, 2 factor authentication, RBS digital log on with a couple of minutes to do it all.

It's a proper race against the clock to get a ticket selected and paid for!

Ticketmaster said in the post unless you've chosen another method .... and that other method was mentioned in the text of buying a ticket so definitely pickup at Tynecastle .... unless they do pickup in Riga 🙂

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Usually ticket prices are the same across the board for cup matches.

Sorry mate, I'm not following what you mean. I'm sure I read that they are selling tickets to their own fan's at prices from €10 to €25 depending on what part of the ground it is. The away fans are all €10.

We don't charge the same price across the board at Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry mate, I'm not following what you mean. I'm sure I read that they are selling tickets to their own fan's at prices from €10 to €25 depending on what part of the ground it is. The away fans are all €10.

We don't charge the same price across the board at Tynecastle.

Yeah you’re right, I just thought they said it was between €10 and €25 for everyone. I must have read wrong. 

I think for domestic cups it’s the same across the board as you share the gate receipts so maybe that’s where I’m getting confused. 

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Yeah you’re right, I just thought they said it was between €10 and €25 for everyone. I must have read wrong. 

I think for domestic cups it’s the same across the board as you share the gate receipts so maybe that’s where I’m getting confused. 

👍

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Dayman said:

I was in at 09:00 this morning and all tickets for Hearts fans were being sold at 10 Euros (was quoted as about £8.60 sterling (don't know if the exchange rate will be a fixed amount throughout the sale period or of it  could fluctuate a little on a daily basis)),

Edited by portobellojambo1

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was in at 09:00 this morning and all tickets for Hearts fans were being sold at 10 Euros (was quoted as about £8.60 sterling (don't know if the exchange rate will be a fixed amount throughout the sale period or of it  could fluctuate a little on a daily basis)),

Did they say how sales are

going?

stirlingshirejambo
3 hours ago, graygo said:

I am sure Wallace Mercer did for Paris in 84 too

think my bus to Paris was £19 return and ticket a tenner

not sure what average price a ticket was then but nowhere near a tenner