Stephen Kingsley……..?

Neverforgetfiveone

Neverforgetfiveone

Loads of rumours going about at the game today….. hearing folk saying he’s away to QPR for £4mil….?

any truth in this or is it just an injury and he will play for us again?

RustyRightPeg

QPR don’t have £4mil to spend so I highly doubt it. 

He’s injured BUT I wouldn’t be surprised if he has teams sniffing about him. We’re talking a few million before we even answer the phone though that’s what I would say. 

StevenNaismith

I spoke to him yesterday and he’s still tight, probably gonna be a couple of weeks before we see him. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bid but I’d be surprised to see him leave as he’s settled and enjoying his football.

Kingsley is a player I'd be gutted to lose.

We won't entertain anything less than 3m, so I suppose that would soften the blow a wee bit.

He's going nowhere, just carrying a knock.

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I spoke to him yesterday and he’s still tight, probably gonna be a couple of weeks before we see him. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bid but I’d be surprised to see him leave as he’s settled and enjoying his football.

I do hope so because he’s one of our best players…. Every player has their price but he would and is a big loss for us

KyleLafferty

Hopefully he’s back for the 25th. I think the away leg in Europe might come too soon,

especially with Hamstring injuries.

You can never tell which way a derby is going to go.

Different from any other games we play.

But imagine if Kingsley and Benni had been playing..

Gutted we didn't win today, 95 bloody minutes...

jack D and coke

Him, Gordon and McKay are the first names on the team sheet every week. 
Be gutted to lose him but he’s an excellent player and you wouldn’t blame him for wanting earn better dollars elsewhere. 

He’s worth more than 4 million 😂

Thankfully he’s settled and happy here and it’s a  bit of tight hamstring that he’s got 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

He’s worth more than 4 million 😂

Thankfully he’s settled and happy here and it’s a  bit of tight hamstring that he’s got 

But you need to look at the bigger picture and see how many defenders Neilson can accumulate with 4 million quid

Ricardo Quaresma

QPR rumour based on a bullsh*t Jimmy Dunne connection

West Ham, well, they're linked to everyone, aren't they?

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Any chance our best players can stay fit.

The trouble with having accomplished, skillful players like Stephen is that opposition players are going to go in extra hard to try and take them out of the game. Broonaldo was an expert at it. I just hope we can keep the likes of Alan Forrest and wee Barrie fit. Sadly I think it's inevitable that they'll pick up unjuries as the season unfolds. Hopefully nothing serious.

The number is 6. Its £6 Million. 

(Not really but if its rumours we are starting, then lets just go with this pish eh). 

BackOfTheNet

It’s all relative really, in todays market £4 million is nothing, particularly if Doig is worth £3 million. But then again, when was the last time we received that sort of money for anyone?

36 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

(Not really but if its rumours we are starting, then lets just go with this pish eh). 

In economics, that's called a 'wash trade'

Barry Radge
49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He’s a better player than Bassey and Sevco got £20m for him.

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We’re talking a few million before we even answer the phone though that’s what I would say. 

Then how would you know what they were offering

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Then how would you know what they were offering

I don’t know, but I’m confident it wouldn’t be £4m from them because QPR are skint 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

QPR don’t have £4mil to spend so I highly doubt it. 

He’s injured BUT I wouldn’t be surprised if he has teams sniffing about him. We’re talking a few million before we even answer the phone though that’s what I would say. 

I was just about to say that £4m QPR that doesn't sound right to me

SomethingAboutObua

Think a big part of what we're doing with Scottish guys is going for ones that aren't desperate to go back down south (McKay, Halliday, and I think Kingsley). Think he's only out to avoid taking any risks right now 

Thing is with Kingsley it doesn't matter how much we got we wouldn't be able to replace the quality he gives us on the field.The guy is just brilliant for us.So hopefully it's all just rumours and nothing more.

Edited by vegas-voss

baron of ness
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

But you need to look at the bigger picture and see how many defenders Neilson can accumulate with 4 million quid

Screenshot_20220612-191923_Google.thumb.jpg.0314ee94b8b2c4706f38bdf55dc448d9.jpg

buzzbomb1958

We can’t let anyone go that squad is not big enough or have enough quality for the rigours of Europe and league games

Naisys Tackle
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

One our better one players. It’s clear we miss him. 

Yep. Quite confident that last five shambles at the back wouldn’t have happened had he been in the side. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Wouldn't let him go for any less than 5million tbh, he's worth his weight in gold with the set pieces alone.

Problem you have is if you reject £4m me agent comes in and asks to pay the player as a £4m player would be. 

Diadora Van Basten

Good defender, composed on the ball and scores goals. Signed a new contract last season.

We would be mad to sell him.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Problem you have is if you reject £4m me agent comes in and asks to pay the player as a £4m player would be. 

If you watch the last dance you can see Scott Pippin was underpaid and it was probably this that allowed the Chicago Bulls to put such a good team together. You don’t have to always pay a player what he is worth and it doesn’t always the other way as Obua, Martins, D’Amour and other chancers we have overpaid will tell you.

Bazzas right boot

He Should have ran on and paggered the hibs fans with the rest of the Hearts bench. 

Nah passion, nae fight, nae bottle. 

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If you watch the last dance you can see Scott Pippin was underpaid and it was probably this that allowed the Chicago Bulls to put such a good team together. You don’t have to always pay a player what he is worth and it doesn’t always the other way as Obua, Martins, D’Amour and other chancers we have overpaid will tell you.

True.  At the same time I don’t feel we are the type of club and Savage is the type of guy who attracts players to the club then deny them a chance to make amazing money if they do a job for us.

Saying that I can’t see them paying £4-£5m for anyone. Jimmy Dunne scored for them on Saturday too I see. 

Hopefully he's back next week, really miss the way he brings the ball out from the back as well as his qualities defending. If we got 4 at the back he plays instead of Rowles for me. Don't get me wrong Rowles looks decent but not at the same standard as Kingsley. Hard to shift Kingsley to LB when Cochrane is playing so well. He has improved massively this season and looks terrific especially in the tackle. Lost count of the number of times he won a 50/50 yesterday, absolutely full throttle into the tackle all the time. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Kingsley, like Barrie McKay, is viewed as damaged goods south of the border. Very unlikely we’ll get an acceptable bid for him.

Hearts are rampant

One of those players who looks in control of everything he does. He doesn’t panic and neither do the fans. Even his disciplinary record must be up there as one of the best for a centre half, mainly as he reads and understands the game so well, hence rarely making last ditch tackles or lunging in.

He also seems to make other players play better.

A classy player we are so lucky to have a player that good at our level, especially on a long term deal.

He’s probably made a fair bit of money due to his previous move down south, hence may prioritise being a guaranteed first pick and main man over a move to another club.

I can’t believe the OF haven’t come in for him. Classic OF snobbery as they are quite happy to chuck millions on unproven players from abroad yet Kingsley is tried and tested at domestic level. Wouldn’t put it past the OF to come in with some stupid offer of a few hundred grand to try and unsettle us at one point though.

If we are serious about achieving anything worthwhile this season we have to hold on to our main men. 

I want us to build a team and win trophies and qualify for and compete in Europe. 

Can't stand this fixation fans have with transfer fees these days. 

13 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

it’s the difficulty of Scottish football. No money really to pay key players what they’re really worth. Kingsley has the benefit of being at home again. So whilst we can’t pay him £4m player wages, there may be scope to increase his salary again come the summer.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If we are serious about achieving anything worthwhile this season we have to hold on to our main men. 

I want us to build a team and win trophies and qualify for and compete in Europe. 

Can't stand this fixation fans have with transfer fees these days. 

Some fans seem fixated on signing players of a certain age and mentioning 'sell on value'. When did we last sell a player for serious cash? 

Some very good contract extension work was done last season. There should be no need to sell anyone unless we receive silly offer from someone. 

Retaining our best players and adding to it should be the strategy. Few more of a higher standard are needed if we're going to do anything this season.