Stephen Kingsley……..?

Neverforgetfiveone

1 hour ago, Hearts are rampant said:

I can’t believe the OF haven’t come in for him. Classic OF snobbery as they are quite happy to chuck millions on unproven players from abroad yet Kingsley is tried and tested at domestic level. Wouldn’t put it past the OF to come in with some stupid offer of a few hundred grand to try and unsettle us at one point though.

Wait until he gets recalled to the Scotland squad. £350k bid incoming then...

davemclaren
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

If we are serious about achieving anything worthwhile this season we have to hold on to our main men. 

I want us to build a team and win trophies and qualify for and compete in Europe. 

Can't stand this fixation fans have with transfer fees these days. 

Transfer fees can be a godsend if you spend them wisely on new players…IF!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not that I believe he is going anywhere, but if we got 5 million for a full back given we have Cochrane and Rowles on that side, you would have to have the conversation. Could beef up other areas easily and get some cover in, and comfortably have 2 million in change. Purely hypothetical, don't think he will be interested given his back story

He’s worth way more than £4m

look what Doig went for ffs. Kingsley is 10 times the player and on a long contract and although 28 is in his prime
Im not saying he’s worth £40m but I’d be looking for at least £7m

He is an outstanding player. Gordon aside he’s one I’d be hell bent on keeping unless we got the money befitting of his talent

Folk saying £4 million etc

when do we ever get top dollar for our players at hearts(barring Craig Gordon  under Vlad) we seem to let our players go for shitpence compared to what other teams get for their players.

Famous 1874

He’s already mentioned how he can’t wait to play European football for Hearts as he has never played in Europe before. 

He could well go if a sufficient bid comes in but it won’t be some tinpot shite like QPR. 

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nearly 3 pages, on bullsh*t rumours started by twatter despos

:rofl:

rumours all ower the shoap.

KyleLafferty
14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We’ll find out more by this weekend. If he plays or not etc.

Find out that he’s still got a hamstring strain you mean? 

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Folk saying £4 million etc

when do we ever get top dollar for our players at hearts(barring Craig Gordon  under Vlad) we seem to let our players go for shitpence compared to what other teams get for their players.

We haven’t sold anyone under this regime yet. Kingsley also has three years left on his contract. Isn’t rocket science.

The White Cockade

I love Kingsley 

Probably our top player at the moment 

but he’s played in Championship begore without being a stand out and in my opinion doesn’t have the pace to play in the EPL so don’t see him going anywhere 

We got lucky with him and hopefully he’s fit and back banging in free kicks for us soon

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I love Kingsley 

but he’s played in Championship begore without being a stand out and in my opinion doesn’t have the pace to play in the EPL so don’t see him going anywhere 

We got lucky with him and hopefully he’s fit and back banging in free kicks for us soon

Not sure we got lucky, our manager like him and got him, same with McKay. 

An eye for a good player. 

We're in the drivers seat if a bid was to come in for him. Getting him tied down last season was absolutely vital. We don't have to entertain anything other than silly money for him, McKay, Halkett, Gordon etc, great place to be.

Rocky jamboa

I wonder how much Kingsley is on at us. £4k per week? Can't see it being much more than that. As we've seen with Simms, clubs in the championship can probably pay 3 or 4 times that no problem. You can see why that would turn anyone's head.

Look at Souttar as well. The £15k per week he's on will soften the blow of getting pelters every week from fans!

57 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kingsley will be here for the rest of his career. 

My thoughts too.

He is in the form of his life, playing in front of big crowds every other week, on the cusp of a Scotland call up. 

Hearts is an unbelievable environment for a player to be just now.

Kingsley is settled both on and off the park, no danger he's going to up sticks again.

At least I hope not :lol:

On 08/08/2022 at 10:20, Pans Jambo said:

Wait until he gets recalled to the Scotland squad. £350k bid incoming then...

Aye but can he get called up when he isnt at the old firm 🤔 

58 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I wonder how much Kingsley is on at us. £4k per week? Can't see it being much more than that. As we've seen with Simms, clubs in the championship can probably pay 3 or 4 times that no problem. You can see why that would turn anyone's head.

Look at Souttar as well. The £15k per week he's on will soften the blow of getting pelters every week from fans!

He has already played in England.

Seen it, done it, got the T shirt.

Would he want to go back?

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

I love Kingsley 

If he played on Sunday then we win that game, he changes the whole dynamic to the back line for me and offers plenty, not just defensively, but going forward as well, he's a proper pain in the arse for our opponents and I love it. 

gordon simpson
11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nearly 3 pages, on bullsh*t rumours started by twatter despos

:rofl:

99% of the posts on this forum are utter bullshit 

Rocky jamboa
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He has already played in England.

Seen it, done it, got the T shirt.

Would he want to go back?

For 4 times the wages???? 

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

For 4 times the wages???? 

I doubt we have to worry about losing him to an English team.  He’s played down there, not set the heather on fire and come back up the road on a free transfer.   Can only see it being Celtic or Rangers potentially and we’d be lucky to get over £1m from them for a 28 year old.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

99% of the posts on this forum are utter bullshit 

97%, do we have a deal?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I doubt we have to worry about losing him to an English team.  He’s played down there, not set the heather on fire and come back up the road on a free transfer.   Can only see it being Celtic or Rangers potentially and we’d be lucky to get over £1m from them for a 28 year old.

You have got to be joking; is 28 the new 38?

£1M too?

Sorry, but that deserves a rofl

11 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

28 for a defender is nothing now. That is 5 years of their prime right there. 

Sandy Jardine was still class in his mid to late 30s,  Kingsley is just a kid.

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sandy Jardine was still class in his mid to late 30s,  Kingsley is just a kid.

Think he played his 1000th game in a 3-0 home win against Rangers aged 38/39.Oozed class even at that age.

I think there will be offers for Kingsley but I prefer for us to keep our best players and use them to help us to success

The talk about him having all ready been down to England and being damaged goods brings up an other point though ………… a hand full posters on here like to parrot the accusation that Neilson does not improve players well Kingsley and Cochrane are evidence that he can 

That is why I would not rule out a move back down coming up ………. Kingsley is a better player than before he came to us

56 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Think he played his 1000th game in a 3-0 home win against Rangers aged 38/39.Oozed class even at that age.

:Agree: