What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

Just now, Smithee said:

Dickens coined the phrase, not me, you'd need to ask him for his thinking.

Come on, you use it freely amd that's got nothing to do with my questions which you have avoided, would you use the colour of someone's skin if they were black or asian as an insult?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Depends how you define racism I suppose. If you think racism is just, and only just, people of different skin colours calling each other bad names then yeah, sure, gammon might be racist. If racism is about more than that then it's kinda ridiculous to say it's racist. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Come on, you use it freely amd that's got nothing to do with my questions which you have avoided, would you use the colour of someone's skin if they were black or asian as an insult?

It's because I'm not interested in your strawman arguments, you confuse offense with racism.

It isn't racist for a white person to call a white person gammon.

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Depends how you define racism I suppose. If you think racism is just, and only just, people of different skin colours calling each other bad names then yeah, sure, gammon might be racist. If racism is about more than that then it's kinda ridiculous to say it's racist. 

My point is that if I went down the street shouting abuse at people of colour because of their skin colour and using their skin colour as the insult or abuse I'd be arrested and charged with hate speach and racial abuse regardless of their race, would I not? 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's because I'm not interested in your strawman arguments, you confuse offense with racism.

It's because you're using people's skin colour as an insult, don't try and deflect with the "strawman" argument, now, would you use the skin colour of a black or asian person as an insult?

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is it racist for a bame person to call a white person gammon?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's because you're using people's skin colour as an insult, don't try and deflect with the "strawman" argument, now, would you use the skin colour of a black or asian person as an insult?

It is a straw man, it's you that's trying to deflect.

If I called you gammon it wouldn't be racist. You might be offended, but that's different.

Just now, Ked said:

Is it racist for a bame person to call a white person gammon?

Or for Smithee to call a Jew "Gammon"?

I've Jewish blood, is it ok for me to be described as Gammon?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It is a straw man, it's you that's trying to deflect.

If I called you gammon it wouldn't be racist. You might be offended, but that's different.

It's in no way a strawman argument and it is you that's deflecting, if you're using my skin colour as an insult that's racism.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's in no way a strawman argument and it is you that's deflecting, if you're using my skin colour as an insult that's racism.

Well I'm not, I'm using gammon beliefs and behaviours as the definition characteristics.

You could be green for all I know.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

download.jpeg-6.jpg

do you not have one of him outside a Nazi concentration camp. 

They're my favourite ones. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ah, so it's ok to abuse someone on their "cheek colour" then, right you are 👍

It may or may not be okay, but it's not ****ing racist.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

download.jpeg-6.jpg

You think his biggest problem is "wokeness?" Seriously?

Ainsley Harriott
25 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

You think his biggest problem is "wokeness?" Seriously?

I never biggest. Thread is about wokeness and it's one of 99 problems that fellow has.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I never biggest. Thread is about wokeness and it's one of 99 problems that fellow has.

The kneeling is an expression of solidarity, which as the leader of the Labour party is something he desperately needs to show a bit more of than he has recently. It's kind of a thing in the labor movement . . .

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ked said:

The I don't care if your blue with green spots just raised its head in defence against being racist.

🤣

It's true, I don't know if someone online is green, blue or brown. But I know if they're gammon.

58 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

It may or may not be okay, but it's not ****ing racist.

It is though.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Well I'm not, I'm using gammon beliefs and behaviours as the definition characteristics.

You could be green for all I know.

So why bring skin colour into it?

I find it worrying that despite being asked on numerous occasions would you use skin colour to abuse or deliberately cause offence to a bame person you continually avoid answering, I take you would then?

I wouldn't but then we're obviously different. 

Unknown user
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

So why bring skin colour into it?

I find it worrying that despite being asked on numerous occasions would you use skin colour to abuse or deliberately cause offence to a bame person you continually avoid answering, I take you would then?

I wouldn't but then we're obviously different. 

I didn't.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

The I don't care if your blue with green spots just raised its head in defence against being racist.

🤣

Aye, next thing it'll be "it's just locker room banter" or "they don't get our irony" or "I'm not racist but......."

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I didn't.

You do, have, continually do so and defend using skin colour as a deliberate tact to cause offence, I think you've made you views crystal clear.

Just now, Ked said:

Cheek colour now separate from skin colour to avoid the notion of race being involved.

Funny really 

I noticed that too, goal posts being moved to avoid further embarrassment. 

Aye, next thing it'll be "it's just locker room banter" or "they don't get our irony" or "I'm not racist but......."

I have friends that look gammon but they're not and they think it's ok

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You do, have, continually do so and defend using skin colour as a deliberate tact to cause offence, I think you've made you views crystal clear.

You asked why I'm bringing skin colour into it.

I didn't, I don't, I'm pointing and laughing at thick racists.

Just now, Smithee said:

You asked why I'm bringing skin colour into it.

I didn't, I don't, I'm pointing and laughing at thick racists.

You did, and maybe it's you you're laughing at?

You did, and maybe it's you you're laughing at?

Still no denying you'd use skin colour to abuse a bame person.

Unknown user

Still no denying you'd use skin colour to abuse a bame person.

I'm ignoring it because it's irrelevant and I don't really care if you think it's important.

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm ignoring it because it's irrelevant and I don't really care if you think it's important.

It's not irrelevant, it's an embarrassing parallel to your racism and has obviously hit a nerve, so would you?

Unknown user

It's not irrelevant, it's an embarrassing parallel to your racism and has obviously hit a nerve, so would you?

Obviously hit a nerve?

Here, how do you keep an idiot in suspense?

Obviously hit a nerve?

Here, how do you keep an idiot in suspense?

You keep asking him difficult questions about his denial that he'd use skin colour to abuse and offend bame people?

I'll leave you to polish your cherry red DM's and hang your red braces and fred perry's out to dry, it's a  braw day for that sort of thing.

Edited by Dawnrazor

davemclaren
50 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Going to end up with people being afraid to speak to others in public. 

Put down that Daily Mail Harry. 😄

Watt-Zeefuik
29 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It is though.

No. Skin color is not race. Abusing an albino person because of their skin color is wretched but it's not racist. Abusing a burn victim because of their skin color is abominable but it's not racist. Come the **** on.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

No. Skin color is not race. Abusing an albino person because of their skin color is wretched but it's not racist. Abusing a burn victim because of their skin color is abominable but it's not racist. Come the **** on.

If I went up to the next black person I saw and called them a n@#@# or the next asian I saw and called them a p@#@# would that not be racism?

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If I went up to the next black person I saw and called them a n@#@# or the next asian I saw and called them a p@#@# would that not be racism?

Yes, because as I have explained about five times, "blackness" and "asianess" are things that we know about and can talk about because of centuries of bogus race science that claimed that we could make assertions about people based on their descent, and that we could divide humanity into "great races" like "the ***** race" and "the Asiatic race." When you use slang like that, you're turning the same horseshit classifications that were used to justify exploitation and robbery in the name of pumping funds into the banks of London and New York into a common insult and reifying the notion that the fact that someone has the DNA for black skin justifies an insult and a slur.

To repeat for the third time since you keep ignoring it, if you walked up to an albino person and called them "pinkie" or some such based on their skin, you'd be an utter wankstain and deserving of a good pummeling, but not racist. Because race is only a little bit about skin color.

EDIT: because of JKB's overzealous content screener, the stars are the Spanish word for black that was widely used in the 19th and early 20th century in Western scientific publications about the "great races."

Edited by Led Tasso

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Yes, because as I have explained about five times, "blackness" and "asianess" are things that we know about and can talk about because of centuries of bogus race science that claimed that we could make assertions about people based on their descent, and that we could divide humanity into "great races" like "the ***** race" and "the Asiatic race." When you use slang like that, you're turning the same horseshit classifications that were used to justify exploitation and robbery in the name of pumping funds into the banks of London and New York into a common insult and reifying the notion that the fact that someone has the DNA for black skin justifies an insult and a slur.

To repeat for the third time since you keep ignoring it, if you walked up to an albino person and called them "pinkie" or some such based on their skin, you'd be an utter wankstain and deserving of a good pummeling, but not racist. Because race is only a little bit about skin color.

That's a bit of a contradictory post, again.

"Because race is only a little bit about skin colour" really? I'm sure that's  a great comfort to people who have suffered racism due to nothing other that the colour of their skin.

Do you think the average white racist on the street looks at someone who's a different colour and has a deeply philosophical thought about the possible ancient history of the persons ancestry or just hurls abuse at the colour of their skin?

Calling someone who's white "Gammon" despite knowing nothing about their racial background or the offence that could cause is no different, it's abuse based on nothing other than skin colour.

Watt-Zeefuik
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's a bit of a contradictory post, again.

"Because race is only a little bit about skin colour" really? I'm sure that's  a great comfort to people who have suffered racism due to nothing other that the colour of their skin.

This is sophistry and total fiction. The skin color has always only been the most obvious indicator that attached a label of being "more barbaric" or "less evolved." There are still people who pass as respectable commentators now who will, despite the absolute mess it would require on the genetic level, will swear that IQ is associated with "race." And the people who are subjected to racism know this as well as anyone.

Do you think the average white racist on the street looks at someone who's a different colour and has a deeply philosophical thought about the possible ancient history of the persons ancestry or just hurls abuse at the colour of their skin?

The average white racist has absorbed decades of popular culture and garbage but still long-valorized scientific claims about people from Africa versus people from Europe. They inevitably have justifications lined up about it to tell you very clearly why they're not racist, but that it's "just a fact" that Black people are more violent, or some such nonsense. (The true hard core overt racists, the ones who are unabashed about it, have entire libraries of books full of philosophical nonsense to justify it.)

Calling someone who's white "Gammon" despite knowing nothing about their racial background or the offence that could cause is no different, it's abuse based on nothing other than skin colour.

Utter shite.

Watt-Zeefuik

Pretty much sums up your last few posts.

Oh, we're on to "I know you are but what am I?" arguments, then? Cheers, glad you ignored all the points to which you have no reply. Well done.

14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Oh, we're on to "I know you are but what am I?" arguments, then? Cheers, glad you ignored all the points to which you have no reply. Well done.

You have no points, you've posted pretty much just pretentious arrogant drivel. 

You're point about racists, if I can loosely call it that, is just pish, people are abused by racists pretty much because the colour of their skin, I've told you that but you seem to think "the average white racist on the street" has done a degree on ehnic diversity. 

America categories White, Black or African American, Asian, Native American/Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander as races, as well as people made up of these races.

Someone abusing someone who is white purley because of the colour of their skin is as bad and racist as if that person was any other of the recognised races, no matter the colour or race of the person dishing out that abuse.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Watt-Zeefuik

You have no points, you've posted pretty much just pretentious arrogant drivel. 

You're point, if I can loosely call it that, is just pish, people are abused by racists pretty much because the colour of their skin, I've told you that but you seem to think "the average white racist on the street" has done a degree on ehnic diversity. 

America categories White, Black or African American, Asian, Native American/Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander as races, as well as people made up of these races.

Someone abusing someone who is white purley because of the colour of their skin is as bad and racist as if that person was any other of the recognised races, no matter the colour or race of the person dishing out that abuse.

I'll make it simple and cut it down to the very simple point you keep ignoring: is it racist to abuse an albino person or a burn victim because of their skin? (I hope we agree it's deeply wrong to do so. That's not what I'm asking.)

Just now, Led Tasso said:

I'll make it simple and cut it down to the very simple point you keep ignoring: is it racist to abuse an albino person or a burn victim because of their skin? (I hope we agree it's deeply wrong to do so. That's not what I'm asking.)

It depends if that albino was black, you do know how black albinos are treated in some cultures? I'd think calling a black albuno "Pinkie" could be racist yes.

I'll try and keep this simple for you,

if abusing a black, asian or mixed race person because all I see is the colour of their skin is or would be racist as you agreed, would abusing a white person due to nothing but the colour of their skin not also be racist, "white" is a recognised race as is black and asian.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Albino or burn victims aren't a recognised race, you've deliberately picked exceptions to the rule.

You are going a long way round to say you can't be racist to white people. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Albino or burn victims aren't a recognised race, you've deliberately picked exceptions to the rule.

You are going a long way round to say you can't be racist to white people. 

Head / Nail / Interface.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

You keep asking him difficult questions about his denial that he'd use skin colour to abuse and offend bame people?

I'll leave you to polish your cherry red DM's and hang your red braces and fred perry's out to dry, it's a  braw day for that sort of thing.

I don't recall denying that, you got a quote?

I don't recall denying that, you got a quote?

I thought you weren't going to reply to me🤣

Youre correct, you haven't denied it, I've asked you a few times if you'd abuse a black or asian person down to the colour of their skin, you've not denied it and haven't even in this post, so, would you? For the fourth or fifth time I think.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Going to end up with people being afraid to speak to others in public. 

I wouldn't worry about it , ,most people already think I'm a raving bigot and racist..

I've even been called a nazi on two occasions..

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I wouldn't worry about it , ,most people already think I'm a raving bigot and racist..

I've even been called a nazi on two occasions..

You need to shave that wee mustache off.