Youth Players Promoted

ScottishSandstorm

ScottishSandstorm

Read something about some youth players being promoted today. Anyone have any idea how many and which ones?

With absolutely no idea whatsoever, I would GUESS....

Glen

McGowan

Brown

Would be the main contenders.

Ryan Gosling
With absolutely no idea whatsoever, I would GUESS....

Glen

McGowan

Brown

Would be the main contenders.

McGowan was promoted at the start of the season.

:)

McGowan was promoted at the start of the season.

This or last?

Assuming the former, do you know if he is the only? Pushing it further, what is his wee bro like?

Apologies for sheet loads of questions!

Ryan Gosling
This or last?

Assuming the former, do you know if he is the only? Pushing it further, what is his wee bro like?

Apologies for sheet loads of questions!

He was the only one promoted full time at the start of the season. Laszlo promoted 4 more today for the trip to Germany (if I heard it correctly). More may be promoted if they impress in the next 2 friendlies.

His brother is much better.

He was the only one promoted full time at the start of the season. Laszlo promoted 4 more today for the trip to Germany (if I heard it correctly). More may be promoted if they impress in the next 2 friendlies.

any idea who the other 4 are?

Is Rocky back now or still injured?

Cheers for that, next question is the bold bit. Given it is the theme of the evening, if you cannot say here, a cheeky wee PM would be lovely. :)

Charlie-Brown

Brown, Templeton & Mackle were all in the Hearts website photo's of the bounce match during the week.

Robbos Right Peg

Sorry but if this is true it smacks of the usual 'fax machine' routine. One day in the job and he knows the squad inside out ?????

To be fair we took around 4 youth players to Germany last season (Branny and Copil certainly) - this isnt that radical.

Not being negative just wondering why its such news that there a few youth players going away with the firsts....

Charlie-Brown
Sorry but if this is true it smacks of the usual 'fax machine' routine. One day in the job and he knows the squad inside out ?????

You have to assume he discussed it with the other coaches based on what he'd seen in training.

Surely Rapnik has to be one?! I've spoken to people who say he could have walked into last season's first team with his eyes shut and one hand tied behind his back.

Robbos Right Peg
You have to assume he discussed it with the other coaches based on what he'd seen in training.

Never assume anything but he was up at riccarton once before he signed on the dotted line and made these decisions based on what he had seen and advice from the Murrays ? The man is more astute than that lets hope :confused:

Ryan Gosling

Well he watched them train on Thursday, took them on Friday morning with the coaches and then again today so it's not too radical.

jamboinglasgow
To be fair we took around 4 youth players to Germany last season (Branny and Copil certainly) - this isnt that radical.

Not being negative just wondering why its such news that there a few youth players going away with the firsts....

think there already youth players going to Germany, think this is 4 more added to the ones who are going

Drylaw Hearts

He'll need to beef up the squad with youths as I reckon we've no more than 20 First Team players.

He'll have to take advice on players from somebody at this early stage.

Surely Rapnik has to be one?! I've spoken to people who say he could have walked into last season's first team with his eyes shut and one hand tied behind his back.

I saw Rapnik a couple of times, I felt that defensively he looked great. The difference between him and his team mates is that he looks physically ready. Oh, and the fact that the Irish lads (not because of their nationality, but their ability) do not look up to it.

Rapnik could be the next big thing at Tynecastle, bigger than Eggert, Driver, Wallace, etc, etc. Would it be wrong of me to say he looked Levein like? Classy defender, great on the ball?

Robbos Right Peg
Well he watched them train on Thursday, took them on Friday morning with the coaches and then again today so it's not too radical

Maybe not radical but foolish in the extreme. :mad:

Gigolo-Aunt
Well he watched them train on Thursday' date=' took them on Friday morning with the coaches and then again today [b']so it's not too [/b]radical.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not radical but foolish in the extreme. :mad:

Why?

He'll need to beef up the squad with youths as I reckon we've no more than 20 First Team players.

To be fair, not the worst news I have read on here.

A smaller squad would benefit the club in many ways IMO.

ScottishSandstorm

So we are assuming it is Rapnik, Brown, Mackle, and Templeton? With Glen and McGowan already promoted. Does anyone have a Rocky Visconte update?

Robbos Right Peg

If he listens to the Murrays then he is beaten from the start one of my hopes is that he sees through these two imposters and gets a proper youth set up in place just like Burley tried to do

Robbos Right Peg

Why?

Because I said so :)

If Frail was still there he would say Clum was the way ahead. Because he is allegedly listening to Murray who knows fek all about the standard required for the SPL but is just trying to secure his job for a further year or so. Do I need to continue ?

Robbos Right Peg

Dont know why that looks like a reply to my own question but it was an answer to GA see above

Gigolo-Aunt

Because I said so :)

If Frail was still there he would say Clum was the way ahead. Because he is allegedly listening to Murray who knows fek all about the standard required for the SPL but is just trying to secure his job for a further year or so. Do I need to continue ?

Frail knew all about Elliot as he had managed him at the younger age groups.

Nowt to do with anyone else.

Drylaw Hearts
I saw Rapnik a couple of times, I felt that defensively he looked great. The difference between him and his team mates is that he looks physically ready. Oh, and the fact that the Irish lads (not because of their nationality, but their ability) do not look up to it.

Rapnik could be the next big thing at Tynecastle, bigger than Eggert, Driver, Wallace, etc, etc. Would it be wrong of me to say he looked Levein like? Classy defender, great on the ball?

John Murray has brought a strangely large amount of lads from NI to the Club over the years and none of them have been any good.

Robbos Right Peg

Frail knew all about Elliot as he had managed him at the younger age groups.

Nowt to do with anyone else.

Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to say here ? Did Frail know Clum was Tom Kite and didnae tell Murray or what ? Dont forget Murray was in charge long before 'Shaggy' arrived on the scene

John Murray has brought a strangely large amount of lads from NI over the years and none of them have been any good.

It's a subject that you have to tread carefully with.

I think that it is entirely a man that trusts and believes in his countrymen. Others would say different.

Gigolo-Aunt

Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to say here ? Did Frail know Clum was Tom Kite and didnae tell Murray or what ? Dont forget Murray was in charge long before 'Shaggy' arrived on the scene

I got the impression that you were saying Frail (if still there) would pick Elliot on the advice of Murray.

I was pointing out that Frail had worked with Elliot long before he played him when put in charge. He had worked very closely with him in the past.

Apoligies If I picked you up wrong.

This quoting back and forth is all over the shop.

Drylaw Hearts

I think that it is entirely a man that trusts and believes in his countrymen. Others would say different.

I say different.

;)

Robbos Right Peg

I would say that John Murray is a complete and utter wink or words to that effect

Robbos Right Peg

I got the impression that you were saying Frail (if still there) would pick Elliot on the advice of Murray.

I was pointing out that Frail had worked with Elliot long before he played him when put in charge. He had worked very closely with him in the past.

Apoligies If I picked you up wrong.

This quoting back and forth is all over the shop.

Agreed G-A sorry mate maybe its just the late hour the vast amounts of Pinot Grigio I have consumed today or the fact that I have just split with my latest woman or that I have run out of vallium. Who knows but I am not feeling myself tonight (honest ;)) Anyway despite everything I still think John Murray is not the way forward

Gigolo-Aunt

No worries fella.

Truth be told, dont know too much about Murray and his qualities.

Robbos Right Peg
Just the quote button, bud.

I know but it looks like I am talking to myself (sometimes I do) but fek me I have never seen it in print before :)

ScottishSandstorm
And so do I.

:laugh:I see what you did there.

Charlie-Brown
And so do I.

that made me laugh....and me!...and me!...and me!...and me!...and me!...and me! :laugh:

Fair enough. I just thought it might be one way to avoid an argument on every thread

Look take your fecking negativity and get the feck away from here.

Drylaw Hearts
Is it just me or is this thread just full of people quoting themselves?

Its just you ;)

Fair enough. I just thought it might be one way to avoid an argument on every thread

Look take your fecking negativity and get the feck away from here.

Seymour M Hersh
I would say that John Murray is a complete and utter wink or words to that effect

Is that why smellik wanted to poach him?

Archived