• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• One five

Ricardo Quaresma
23 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Have you seen the 7 Hearts put past them ?

Yes, Kingsley hattrick; but they show what could happen there if we have just one lapse

I heard the Simms signing is being announced before the kick off.  Not completely itk.  I said it out loud and I heard myself.

3-0 Hearts.

52 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I heard the Simms signing is being announced before the kick off.  Not completely itk.  I said it out loud and I heard myself.

3-0 Hearts.

Could be right he would have signed for Sunderland days ago! I think he's picking his loan options  3 or 4 clubs! 

19 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Ross County will be excellent, this seasons dark horse for me.  He'll be the second SPL manager to move on and I suspect it will be to Hibs in December.

Doubt Malky MacKay would want to move to a club of their poor reputation ………….. he has standards

43 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Could be right he would have signed for Sunderland days ago! I think he's picking his loan options  3 or 4 clubs! 

If that's right, and none of us know, why wouldnt he pick us.  He knows us.  He likes us.  His game progressed really well with us.  He'll get European experience with us.

There could be wage issues.  Who knows.

I'm not giving up hope.

10 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Have you seen the 7 Hearts put past them ?

Think the point is to not underestimate them. Think we could be in for a tricky game tomorrow. However, if we’re on top of our game, we should come away with 3 points.

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Think the point is to not underestimate them. Think we could be in for a tricky game tomorrow. However, if we’re on top of our game, we should come away with 3 points.

Fair enough but it’s Hearts they are playing tomorrow not East Fife

4 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Fair enough but it’s Hearts they are playing tomorrow not East Fife

Of course. I’m just saying that they’re obviously capable of scoring goals. Even against a lower league side, 7 goals is still impressive.

New season, Stadium packed to the rafters and a healthy looking squad. 

Top of the league come the end of the weekend please Hearts !

Boyces beard

County will be trying to get a top six finish this season and they will cause a lot of teams problems. I still expect us to win by a couple of goals but they have a good manager and they play decent football as well. We cant just turn up and expect 3 points.

2-0 or 3-1 to the Famous

Edited by Boyces beard

Got a good feeling about this season.  Good squad, good management and the running of the club in safe hands. Roll on Saturday.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If that's right, and none of us know, why wouldnt he pick us.  He knows us.  He likes us.  His game progressed really well with us.  He'll get European experience with us.

There could be wage issues.  Who knows.

I'm not giving up hope.

He's signed for Sunderland on season long loan. Announced 5 minutes ago.

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

County always give us a battle and they're quick on the break. We'll have to play very well to win. 

Aye.

colinmorewasgash
29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's signed for Sunderland on season long loan. Announced 5 minutes ago.

Sure did hway the toon hope they go down 🤭

FY0sLAFXgAAH_1V.jpeg.jpg

John Findlay

Three points is all I ask for. Don't care if its a last minute goal off someone's backside, as long as we win.

Really important to start the season with a win. Ross County will have no interest in anything but a draw and as we saw last season they are capable of getting everyone behind the ball for 90mins

Tight game I fear.  Most teams are fresh, raring to go and I think keenness to start well is always at the top of every teams thoughts in the opener, there’s no scenarios to play on the mind.  

4-0 Hearts…..

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Tight game I fear.  Most teams are fresh, raring to go and I think keenness to start well is always at the top of every teams thoughts in the opener, there’s no scenarios to play on the mind.  

4-0 Hearts…..

:kirk:

Like it!  :icon14: :flag2:

Hearts 1 Ross County 1

Looking at previous games v them at Tynecastle going back 10 years:

0-0 D

2-1 W

0-0 D

0-0 D

0-1 L

0-0 D

1-1 D

2-0 W

2-0 W

2-2 D

4-2 W

2-2 D

P 12 W 4 D 7 L 1 F 15 A 9

Infact, in the past 23 meetings with them home and away 13 have been draws.  

Ross County however have only beaten us twice in 23 games.

August Landmesser
43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

County are decent. 

Could be goals here. 

6-3.

:robboyas:

24 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Tomorrow is pretty much a must win. Hoping for a fairly comfortable victory👍🏻

1 game in and it's a must win 🤣

Rocky jamboa
26 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

1 game in and it's a must win 🤣

Not a great start to the season if we draw or get beat at home to Ross County, is it?! 

31 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Not a great start to the season if we draw or get beat at home to Ross County, is it?! 

If we don’t win some posters will have 

******* oot in there posts 🙄

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

A draw against a tricky side early in the season ain't the end of the world.  Next week is a must win 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A really pish LC group they had. A high turnover of players, they might find tomorrow's pace a completely different proposition from Buckie and East Fife. 

Expect us to win comfortably, they will get better as the season goes like always. 

Fancy 

Gordon Atkinson Kingsley Halkett Rowles Haring Devlin Grant McKay Boyce Shankland 

Rocky jamboa
4 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

A draw against a tricky side early in the season ain't the end of the world.  Next week is a must win 

I hope Robbies not going into tomorrow's game with that attitude! 😕 

7 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Well if its a must win we might be looking for a new manager come Saturday night then.

14 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Correct answer.

9 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

He will want a win as much as any of us.

I'm surprisingly nervous about tomorrow.

RC will be a tricky game, I don't know much about their new players but they look to be half decent. 

We look good, and with guys like Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, McKay, Haring, Devlin, Boyce and Shankland, you know you're going to create chances, score goals and be hard to beat.

We're at home so I naturally fancy us to get the 3 points, and I'd love to get them by playing some exciting football.

Heart of Midlothian 3-1 Ross County

The first 3 games are really important, 2 homes and a derby, before we head to Parkhead and Europe. Every team will be gunning for us this season and our schedule will be heavy for a few months. Need a good start tomorrow against county, would like us to start fast on the front foot don’t give them a chance to settle, get their new signings wondering what’s just hit them.

With the fox the box we can’t be shot shy, fire them in and anything dropped Shanks will stick it away.

58 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

A really pish LC group they had. A high turnover of players, they might find tomorrow's pace a completely different proposition from Buckie and East Fife. 

Expect us to win comfortably, they will get better as the season goes like always. 

Fancy 

Gordon Atkinson Kingsley Halkett Rowles Haring Devlin Grant McKay Boyce Shankland 

Think Forest will start

23 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm surprisingly nervous about tomorrow.

RC will be a tricky game, I don't know much about their new players but they look to be half decent. 

We look good, and with guys like Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, McKay, Haring, Devlin, Boyce and Shankland, you know you're going to create chances, score goals and be hard to beat.

We're at home so I naturally fancy us to get the 3 points, and I'd love to get them by playing some exciting football.

Heart of Midlothian 3-1 Ross County

I’m always a bit nervous before any game mate 😂 I think we look good going forwards but feel a bit suspect in defence but I only watched the highlights so time will tell. I do think we will be exciting to watch 👍 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Think Forest will start

Impact sub for me. Speaking of which how many subs are we allowed now, 3 or 5?

Mr Elwood P

A lot of 0-0 draws in this fixture. Interspersed with Hearts winning 2-1. I'll go for the 2-1 tomorrow. Shankland and Kingsley for us ....

4 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Tomorrow is pretty much a must win. Hoping for a fairly comfortable victory👍🏻

This. Sounds silly because it's just the first game but we have some tough games coming up afterwards and busy schedule with European games too.

Need to lay down the marker tomorrow.

I'm going for a tight nervy 2-1 win.

Shankland double.