***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ross County Match Thread ***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hes never let us down at cm or cb and i think/hope his days at rwb are done tbh. Id rather Toby covered there than Smudge i reckon. But yeah happy with Smith at cm or cb, totally

I agree about Smith. RWB too demanding at this stage of his career. Great guy to have in the squad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• One five

Gorgie_Rules

Can Rowles play in the centre with Halkett playing RCB?

Is Devlin fit to play alongside Haring?

Which 3 out of Boyce, Shankland, Forrest, Grant? (Assuming McKay starts)

Probably the main considerations with the rest picking itself. Great to have as many options with apparently 3 more signings to come, and Pollock and Conor Smith knocking on the door.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

24 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can Rowles play in the centre with Halkett playing RCB?

Is Devlin fit to play alongside Haring?

Which 3 out of Boyce, Shankland, Forrest, Grant? (Assuming McKay starts)

Probably the main considerations with the rest picking itself. Great to have as many options with apparently 3 more signings to come, and Pollock and Conor Smith knocking on the door.

We started

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

yesterday and then Kingsley Rowles swapped.

Halkett did a job but didn't really look comfortable and appear to be able to move forward with the ball we expected Souttar (brilliantly) and Sibbick (poorly to date) to.

Kingsley did fine in the centre but restricted his ability to move forward and I thought we were better when Rowles and he swapped.

I think I'd rather Smith at RCB for now until a new one comes in.

Means Rowles or Cochrane need to drop out for now.  And Cochrane is potentially a more effective lwb than Kingsley. (Very controversial, I know)

Edited by DETTY29

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hes never let us down at cm or cb and i think/hope his days at rwb are done tbh. Id rather Toby covered there than Smudge i reckon. But yeah happy with Smith at cm or cb, totally

Agree about Smith but not Sibbick. 

Sibbick hasn't really improved since last season. 

31 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We started

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

yesterday and then Kingsley Rowles swapped.

Halkett did a job but didn't really look comfortable and appear to be able to move forward with the ball we expected Souttar (brilliantly) and Sibbick (poorly to date) to.

Kingsley did fine in the centre but restricted his ability to move forward and I thought we were better when Rowles and he swapped.

I think I'd rather Smith at RCB for now until a new one comes in.

Means Rowles or Cochrane need to drop out for now.  And Cochrane is potentially a more effective lwb than Kingsley. (Very controversial, I know)

Smith has had a good pre season. No qualms at all if he is involved next week.

I go in to the start of every season with that wee feeling of 'this is our year'. Do I expect us to win the league, no. I would never 'expect' that. But I just can't help feeling that we can do it. I'm going for a 3-0 win and a 12 game unbeaten run ala Burley 05/06.

Going for 2-0 win, Shankland and Kingsley

Gordon

Smith Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Haring Grant Kingsley

McKay Shankland Boyce

upgotheheads

What's the situation with injuries for next weekend? Beni I know about but Devlin, Ginnely and Henderson haven't figured recently as far as I've noticed?

Based only on pre-season form and who we know is fit i'll go for:

_______________Gordon

______Rowles__Halkett__Kingsley

Atkinson__Haring__M.Smith__Cochrane

____Boyce__Shankland__McKay

If Devlin is back again then give him the second half to get up to speed for the derby

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Some nice goals from Ross County yesterday albeit the East Fife defense was very poor.

If we scored 7 against anyone we would be over excited 

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We did against the same opposition three weeks ago

Horatio Caine
4 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Some nice goals from Ross County yesterday albeit the East Fife defense was very poor.

EF looking very Hibs in that

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We did, same team 3 weeks ago. 

Pretty sure you were unimpressed and posted something about the quality of the opposition. 

You are a strange one. 

Ross County will try to pull off a park the bus type performance, like they got away with at the end of last season.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We did, same team 3 weeks ago. 

Pretty sure you were unimpressed and posted something about the quality of the opposition. 

You are a strange one. 

He really does walk into these things.

ArcticJambo
27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ross County will try to pull off a park the bus type performance, like they got away with at the end of last season.

... and if those highlights above are anythin to go by they have the pace and finishing to counter us/anybody pretty effectively. Not sure a midfield two of haring and smith will be mobile or quick enough to deal with the transition.  Not sure we have the defenders either!

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

... and if those highlights above are anythin to go by they have the pace and finishing to counter us/anybody pretty effectively. Not sure a midfield two of haring and smith will be mobile or quick enough to deal with the transition.  Not sure we have the defenders either!

Time to panic I reckon. 

Maybe just give them the 3 points, avoid a 7 goal hammering. 

weegie jambo
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Time to panic I reckon. 

One of my son's in law plays for East Fife so I'm looking to get the lowdown on this seasons RC team. Looks like they've added a good few new boys who look pretty quick. I'd still expect us to be all round too good for them. EF have been in freefall for a wee while now so probably not a good barometer of form of opponents.

ArcticJambo
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Time to panic I reckon. 

I really shouldn't bother replying to you, I find your chat tedious if i'm being honest. Needless to say, we need to be aware of their transition, that is blindlingly obvious. sigh!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

I really shouldn't bother replying to you, I find your chat tedious if i'm being honest. Needless to say, we need to be aware of their transition, that is blindlingly obvious. sigh!

We need to be aware of every teams transition, I wouldn't be writing of our midfield and defence at the thought of playing Ross County. 

I also wouldn't look to much into their lc result or performance when thinking about how they will play v us at Tynecastle. 

Haring, Smith and our defenders will be just fine. 

You can calm down to a panic. 

ArcticJambo

You seem to just spout whatever's in your head, a lot! x56K

Look back at the post I quoted, refer to the highlights.

Read my post again bearing in mind a centre mid of Haring and Smith isn't young nor mobile nor quick.  Then th8ink it through a bit more.

Still, another post from the oracle of Hearts! :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agree about Smith but not Sibbick. 

Sibbick hasn't really improved since last season. 

Thought would be kess responsibility in a way at rwb. Just be an athlete, drive forward, recover repeat. Hesba better player and athlete than the likes of ODonnell and Rooney imo. Could be good there as an option.

Ive still no worries in general with Tobes, he'll come good. Has it all for an rcb and is young for a cb, still developing.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Rockwell said:

We did against the same opposition three weeks ago

So we both got the same result against East Fife. One a friendly one competitive. How does that make us automatically better than Ross County?

(I appreciate there are nuances but just being arrogant about things doesn’t help)

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So we both got the same result against East Fife. One a friendly one competitive. How does that make us automatically better than Ross County?

(I appreciate there are nuances but just being arrogant about things doesn’t help)

What! whose being arrogant .just pointed out, we beat the same opposition by the same score  a few weeks ago. nobody even mentioned we are automatically better than Ross county 

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thought would be kess responsibility in a way at rwb. Just be an athlete, drive forward, recover repeat. Hesba better player and athlete than the likes of ODonnell and Rooney imo. Could be good there as an option.

Ive still no worries in general with Tobes, he'll come good. Has it all for an rcb and is young for a cb, still developing.

Not sure he's good enough on the ball to confidently drive forward ball at feet.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

You seem to just spout whatever's in your head, a lot! x56K

Look back at the post I quoted, refer to the highlights.

Read my post again bearing in mind a centre mid of Haring and Smith isn't young nor mobile nor quick.  Then th8ink it through a bit more.

Still, another post from the oracle of Hearts! :rolleyes:

It was you that seemed to be spouting about  whatever was in your head.

Watching the highlights of Ross county v EF then getting into a panic about the speed of our  central midfield and defenders, that is a new one,

You take a minute, then  think about it a bit more.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It was you that seemed to be spouting about  whatever was in your head.

Watching the highlights of Ross county v EF then getting into a panic about the speed of our  central midfield and defenders, that is a new one,

You take a minute, then  think about it a bit more.

you never fail to disappoint. :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Apparently County have a lot of pace wide, as they did last year, imagine Robbie Neilson will have a good think about that 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, briever said:

Not sure he's good enough on the ball to confidently drive forward ball at feet.

did it to good effect against Preston 

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Nobreath said:

You're correct! A few crackers.

Niemi’s gloves
30 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You're correct! A few crackers.

Felt a bit sorry for East Fife when I saw the score but with an away kit like that, they deserve everything they got

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

They've made a number of signings, will be no walkover.

I reckon they'll have a good season.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I reckon they'll have a good season.

Underestimate them at your peril I'd say.  You can say what you like about their manager, but he has got them punching above their weight after a difficult start to last season.  A good manager makes the best of the resources at their disposal.  No way RC should have expected to finish top 6 while Hibs and Aberdeen with far bigger budgets finished bottom 6.  The difference is RC appointed a guy with a solid track record while both Hibs and Aberdeen emptied experienced managers in favour of unknown quantities.  

4 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

He really does walk into these things.

And walks back with a question!

I think County are going to get a bit of a shock when they play us rather than the other way around - big difference between us and East Fife :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma

East Fife made them look like Brazil

One thing’s for sure, no cock-ups against them, lest they take advantage

On 23/07/2022 at 20:13, GinRummy said:

I’m going to assume Devlin is back and no new signings

Gordon

Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Devlin Cochrane

Forrest Shankland Mckay

2-0 Haring, Shankland. 

Prefer the 4231 system 

3 up top behind shankland 

Mackay Boyce Forrest 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

And walks back with a question!

ummm, are you saying we can't ask questions on a football forum?  Are you calling a guy out because he thinks JKB is a replacement for Ask Jeeves?  No need for that!  Next you'll be saying you don't rate Aaron Pressley.

Ross County are punching well above their weight and deserve huge credit for that.  Dingwall has a population of around 6,000 and the surrounding area is sparsely populated.

Despite that I watched them draw 3-3 with one of the OF towards the end of last season.  They looked very good in patches and never gave up.

Should be a procedural win for us at home provided we are fully on our game and can break them down.

Sticking to 3-0 but don't underestimate them.