• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• One five

You can start seeing the formations that are working well. Without doubt the forward/attacking option of:

Forest    Boyce  McKay

Shankland

is the strongest attacking one just now. However as form dips or need to bring energy, etc, you can see GMS coming into play. 

Problem is, the different formations look great on paper - reality not always the same. Really exciting times though 

My only concern is that I'd prefer Halkett to play middle of a back 3.  He was brilliant in this position last season.  With Kingsley and Rowles being lefties it's a wee bit of a conundrum just now.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

My XI (based off the 3-4-3)

Gordon

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

Natty Grant Haring Cochrane

McKay Shankland Forrest

4231 allows a better team in my opinion:

Gordon

Natty Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Haring Grant 

Forrest     Boyce    McKay

Shankland 

This would be my preferred team for Saturday. :thumbsup:

It would be great to see at least one of our promising youngsters break through this season.  Pollock seems to be in the box seat but Smith or Kirk might be candidates and there may be others.

Been thinking about how much I'm looking forward to this and can't help but think it's a massive game. 

I know that sounds daft because its first game of the season and against Ross County but when you look at what's to come it is quite big.

Away to Easter Road then at home to Utd in the following games, momentum is going to be important with Europe coming up. For me we need to be laying down a strong marker in front of a capacity crowd at Tynecastle and get the momentum to go and hammer 'them' the following week. 

I'm hoping for 3-0. Shankland with another double and Halkett.

I think the starting line up will be the same as the Stoke game.

Gordon

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

Atkinson Haring Smith Cochrane 

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Gordon

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Subject to a match fit new signing I agree.

Robbie has never started a new season with a team that didn’t match his last pre season starting team (AFICR and subject to new signings)

“As for the other boys, Devlin will be available [this week], Josh will be training this week and Henderson should be available too. Lewis Neilson missed out against Stoke with concussion, but he’ll be okay.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/transfer-update-from-hearts-with-several-players-set-to-return-from-injury-3780249

Hopefully get off to a good start, Not sure what to expect from Ross County this season but without Charles Cook and Hungbo I don't think they will be as potent up front anymore, no idea who they have signed of course? I like the boy spittle, so will have to watch him but apart from that it should be a comfortable win for us if we play to our potential, going for a 3-0 Hearts Win. Shankland, Grant and Forrest the scorers.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Hopefully get off to a good start, Not sure what to expect from Ross County this season but without Charles Cook and Hungbo I don't think they will be as potent up front anymore, no idea who they have signed of course? I like the boy spittle, so will have to watch him but apart from that it should be a comfortable win for us if we play to our potential, going for a 3-0 Hearts Win. Shankland, Grant and Forrest the scorers.

I think it will be quite an open game - which will suit us.

Hearts win BTTS should be a decent bet.

Nookie Bear

Feel a bit of pressure on us this season and other teams will be seeing us as a bit of a scalp.

will take any win to get the Gorgie Juggernaut rolling.

12 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Gordon

Halkett Kingsley Rowles

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Boyce will start imo 

FoH forever

Could go 3-1-4-2 

Gordon

Rowles/Halkett/Kingsley 

Smith

Atkinson/Haring/Grant/Mckay

Boyce sitting just off Shankland 

If Cammy is fit, drop Haring back in for Smith, could also see Neilson in as RCB or Smith. Could play Cochrane, push Mckay into the hole and have Boyce on bench

I like the formation, personnel we  have this season give us better options to deal with changes and think it gives us more attacking options in transition as did think we were a little one-dimensional at times last season i.e looked for Souttar to bring the ball out/play a diagonal and could be caught on the counter (see Stoke breaking when Sibbick stepped out on Saturday). 

Biggest concern, for me, is Ross County's pace on the counter so the 3 with deeper sitting midfielder to drop in if defender is bringing the ball out, could be a good way to handle it. 

If we take a fair proportion of the chances we create, the referee shouldn't come into it.  That's where Shankland comes in.

Unfortunately for me I’ll not be at the game but my eyes will be on my phone watching a stream hopefully, 

3-0 Shankland , Boyce and Forrest 

C’mon the Jambos 

BB73782D-73D8-47D6-BE24-A763DCEEFC00.gif

Have to start a back 4 for me expecially since we normally have 2 holding midfielders.

Back 4 puts an extra man up the field to make a front 4 diamond and suits our style of play.  Boyce/grant behind shankland will link up play so much better.

We_are_the_Hearts
33 minutes ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Have to start a back 4 for me expecially since we normally have 2 holding midfielders.

Back 4 puts an extra man up the field to make a front 4 diamond and suits our style of play.  Boyce/grant behind shankland will link up play so much better.

I agree but we won’t. We have played a back 3 all pre season. We will only revert to a 4 if the 3 starts failing like last season. Fully expect a back 3 on Saturday, midfield 4 of atko, haring, Grant/Smith, Cochrane. With McKay, Boyce and Shankland up top. Hope I’m wrong

12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I agree but we won’t. We have played a back 3 all pre season. We will only revert to a 4 if the 3 starts failing like last season. Fully expect a back 3 on Saturday, midfield 4 of atko, haring, Grant/Smith, Cochrane. With McKay, Boyce and Shankland up top. Hope I’m wrong

I think Forrest will play mate.  Back 3 is fine if our WBs are attacking, especially if Kingsley step out and overlaps as well.

I also prefer 4231 (or 442/433) for us as think it gives us more players high up the park, but can't argue with the success of 343 so happy while we're winning!

OmiyaHearts

I cannot wait for this game. Not been to a match since before the pandemic.

A comfortable 3-0 win!

Hope Grant comes in for Smith so we have more threat from the centre. Assuming Devlin is for but not match fit to start.

We_are_the_Hearts
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think Forrest will play mate.  Back 3 is fine if our WBs are attacking, especially if Kingsley step out and overlaps as well.

I also prefer 4231 (or 442/433) for us as think it gives us more players high up the park, but can't argue with the success of 343 so happy while we're winning!

Instead of Boyce?

Ross County will be excellent, this seasons dark horse for me.  He'll be the second SPL manager to move on and I suspect it will be to Hibs in December.

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Instead of Boyce?

Maybe think so yeah.  Could be either way I guess and I don't know what formation Ross Co play which could come in to it I guess, just have a feeling Forrest will start season as a starter - can only think it'd be Boycie who drops out.  Not a bad sub to have btw.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Ross County will be excellent, this seasons dark horse for me.  He'll be the second SPL manager to move on and I suspect it will be to Hibs in December.

Not sure McKay would touch them, especially if they need a new manager come Dec.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I think so too, but early on might be the time to catch them. 4 games they have had no prep for playing us. Teams with high turnover find the pace sometimes difficult to get to, but Livi and County are well run and always seem to come good. If we get in front fairly early on, we should win comfortably.

Still cant decide on even what I think Neilson might do

Boyce must be a starter though I would like Forrest in the starting line up aswell

Maybe we can ask the SFA if we can play with 12 men like the Old Firm

34 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Boyce must be a starter though I would like Forrest in the starting line up aswell

Maybe we can ask the SFA if we can play with 12 men like the Old Firm

This is why i like 4231 for us.

You're right tho 3431 would be even better!!

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure McKay would touch them, especially if they need a new manager come Dec.

Wee Lee will be fortunate to last much longer than 08:00 on the 8th of August.

Any future prospective manager will surely be aware of H1b5' managerial revolving door and steer well clear.

Revolving-Door.jpg

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I think your right as well.

Would be great to see a starting line up of mckay forrest boyce and shankland.       Grant GMS gino henderson will have alot to prove when they do get gametime.

Clark Griswold
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’d go for Stewart in goal for this one. Deserves a chance 

:naughty::bolt:

24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Wee Lee will be fortunate to last much longer than 08:00 on the 8th of August.

Any future prospective manager will surely be aware of H1b5' managerial revolving door and steer well clear.

Revolving-Door.jpg

I heard there were guys down south basically laughing at Ron and his gang on their last search.  Came across as absolute amateurs.

Compare and contrast to when they brought Jack Ross in under Dempster, when to their credit, I heard from same people that their recruitment process was top notch, in how they approached candidates, presented the job and what they asked for in interview etc (as compared to us at that time who were all over the joint!)

Love it.  Love it all!

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I heard there were guys down south basically laughing at Ron and his gang on their last search.  Came across as absolute amateurs.

Compare and contrast to when they brought Jack Ross in under Dempster, when to their credit, I heard from same people that their recruitment process was top notch, in how they approached candidates, presented the job and what they asked for in interview etc (as compared to us at that time who were all over the joint!)

Love it.  Love it all!

It's often said that 'the only way is up'. I, for one, clung onto that faint hope whilst suffering Cathro et al. Thankfully, we seem to have overcome the majority of our issues since then.

However, I suspect that our scuttling neighbours have yet to reach their nadir. They seem to be still spiralling downwards. Clearly, there's something rotten in the state of Hibernia.

Their training sessions, packed with numerous speculative signings, must be an absolute hoot! It wouldn't surprise me if they've got McGeady leading their penalty preparations. 🤭

J.T.F.Robertson

If some of their long-rangers at the weekend are anything to go by, I wouldn't be giving them any time to line one up.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If some of their long-rangers at the weekend are anything to go by, I wouldn't be giving them any time to line one up.

you do know who our goalkeeper is ? 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Love it.  Love it all!

She got pelters on here because it was Hibs so of course she did, but Dempster ran that club better than they've been run in 40 years. Glad she's gone to other things because they're absolutely falling apart.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Two and a half more sleeps.

Can't wait.

Slightly misleading.  Given my advanced age it is probably 9 more sleeps.  Only counting the official ones in the scratcher.

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett < (Rowles) Kingsley 

Atkinson Grant <(Devlin) Haring Cochrane 

Forrest< (Pollock) Boyce <(Shankland) McKay <(GMS) 

Shankland, Devlin, Rowles, GMS, Pollock to get subbed in. 

4-1 FT. 

chuck berrys hairline
9 hours ago, Armageddon said:

He rejected them when Dempster was in charge

chuck berrys hairline

Can see us starting with some optimism. Blow them away first half then knock it around in the second. Any win to nil would do me fine though 👏

Ricardo Quaresma

Have any of you confident posters seen the video of RC gubbing East Fife (I know)  7-0, posted earlier?