***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******

jamboinglasgow

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

The stench of Levien lingers on

Yeah. Some posters need to get help for their obsession. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Niemi’s gloves

• jamboinglasgow

Famous 1874

Don’t hate the move. Knows the club and has coached in the academy before. 

Aberdeen wanted to keep him on which suggests that he is a good coach. 

Need his tactics and style to mirror what the first team are playing so that the lads are used to the system when featuring for the first team. 

The club have had a lot of jobs for the boys but I don’t think this is one of them.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, pointon said:

The stench of Levien lingers on

Phew. It was going to be hard to work out how to blame Levein next season. Now whenever we have a duff result we can blame some sort of Budge/Levein/Neilson/Savage/Fox conspiracy.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Don’t hate the move. Knows the club and has coached in the academy before. 

Aberdeen wanted to keep him on which suggests that he is a good coach. 

Need his tactics and style to mirror what the first team are playing so that the lads are used to the system when featuring for the first team. 

The club have had a lot of jobs for the boys but I don’t think this is one of them.

I actually think getting the styles of younger teams and senior teams to match is overrated. The formation and style of the first team varies so often that they really need to learn lots of styles. For example, if the B team had been playing 3-4-3 all last season it wouldn't help us now.

Having said that, I'm aware that you didn't say formation and appreciate that there are fundamentals that Naismith will want ingrained in the younger players.

One club where it is more necessary is Man City because of Pep's unique style but at Hearts I don't think we need to worry about mirroring too much.

Sorry ... Mods .. can u merge this thread 

Just noticed it in the b team thread as per mikey1874 

It's cluttering up the board unnecessarily 😐

kingantti1874

Someone call this a few weeks ago whilst still

at Aberdeen.  A genuine ITK it seems.

one of our own.  Bring him home 

Why are we bringing this diddy back to coach our young players. The man has failed at every job he has had and he has had a lot. Jobs for the boys I suppose 

Albert McFly
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Someone call this a few weeks ago whilst still

at Aberdeen.  A genuine ITK it seems.

one of our own.  Bring him home 

Screenshot_20230614_222716_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ef6ffdc3af562ad17535f4532052d80.jpg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******
26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Fox is a good, highly thought of coach and also a Hearts fan. Decent appointment 

As long as coaching is all he does as he’s a shocking manager 

Ignore his name and we'd all be quite happy to bring in Aberdeen's first team coach to manage the B Team side. 

He has a good coaching track record. Very qualified for B Team side and should be able to command respect. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Smithian said:

Ignore his name and we'd all be quite happy to bring in Aberdeen's first team coach to manage the B Team side. 

He has a good coaching track record. Very qualified for B Team side and should be able to command respect. 

Quite.  

On 14/06/2023 at 18:19, 19/05/2012 said:

Why are we bringing this diddy back to coach our young players. The man has failed at every job he has had and he has had a lot. Jobs for the boys I suppose 

huge difference between first team management and being a good coach for youth.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Swanyl said:

huge difference between first team management and being a good coach for youth.

exactly, its like Ian Cathro. He is a great coach and assistant coach but just doesn't have what is needed to be a manager. There is nothing wrong with that and doesn't make a person a worse coach.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

exactly, its like Ian Cathro. He is a great coach and assistant coach but just doesn't have what is needed to be a manager. There is nothing wrong with that and doesn't make a person a worse coach.

Yeah, exactly. A good management team is the sum of its parts, and Fox being a good coach but a poor manager doesn't mean much as long as he's not in the driving seat. Very similar to Cathro in that way as you point out!

Bit interested further up about Tam Courts having been an alternative option. I'd have thought he'd have been looking for a managers gig, rather than B-team stuff. Certainly be no shortage of clubs in our top flight that would take him based on how well he did with Utd in his first season. 

Speaking to the Offical Hearts Website, Liam said: “I’m delighted to be back at Hearts and already looking forward to getting started.

“This club means a lot to me and has done ever since I became a supporter as a young boy. It was an honour to come through the Academy system as a player and start my coaching career here, and it is a privilege to be able to come back and take over as B Team Head Coach.

“Away from Hearts I’ve gained a lot of experience at different top flight clubs in a variety of coaching roles and I feel perfectly placed to bring those skills to the B Team, as well as younger age group players and coaches within the Academy.

“The club has a pathway to the first team for young players. The opportunity to be involved is there for them but they have to work hard every single day to earn it.

“My job is drive them forward, support them and get the best out of them, not only for their benefit but for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.”

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’re really happy to get this sorted. The role of B Team manager is a very important component in the football department.

“We needed someone who has a history of developing talent and improving players. Liam had displayed much of that in his time here previously – and that’s been supplemented with the experience he picked up along the away at Livingston, Dundee United and Aberdeen.

“When we were looking for someone to fill the role, Liam was our first target, so we’re delighted to get him

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Fox is a good, highly thought of coach and also a Hearts fan. Decent appointment 

Yeah, I'm happy to see this. I'm a bit surprised to see him move on from Aberdeen though. I'd have thought first team coaching would have been preferable. Maybe the B-team gig is a better opportunity for him to continue his own development. Its starting to look like the academy is on the cusp of actually bringing players that can progress into the first team (thinking McLuckie, Kirk etc.) So, big responsibility for him to continue their development :) 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I'm happy to see this. I'm a bit surprised to see him move on from Aberdeen though. I'd have thought first team coaching would have been preferable. Maybe the B-team gig is a better opportunity for him to continue his own development. Its starting to look like the academy is on the cusp of actually bringing players that can progress into the first team (thinking McLuckie, Kirk etc.) So, big responsibility for him to continue their development :) 

I thought I read an article saying he gave up the Aberdeen role due to personal issues being away so much.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, exactly. A good management team is the sum of its parts, and Fox being a good coach but a poor manager doesn't mean much as long as he's not in the driving seat. Very similar to Cathro in that way as you point out!

Bit interested further up about Tam Courts having been an alternative option. I'd have thought he'd have been looking for a managers gig, rather than B-team stuff. Certainly be no shortage of clubs in our top flight that would take him based on how well he did with Utd in his first season. 

I saw someone say last week that Liam Fox was after the B role, but Tam Courts is interested in the head of academy role

4 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I thought I read an article saying he gave up the Aberdeen role due to personal issues being away so much.

Yes, Aberdeen stated as much. 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/06/13/end-of-season-2022-23-squad-update/

He couldn’t really live much closer to the Oriam and has a young family, so a role at Hearts is a much better fit at moment I guess than travelling back and forth to Aberdeen.

6 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Next manager when it all goes tits up with Naismith.

Good luck to Budge, McKinlay & co if they think they'll get away with that. 

Wouldn't rule it out being part of their plan though. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 14/06/2023 at 15:39, Bob Loblaw said:

Quite happy with Fox if it's him. Pretty well regarded as a coach and we are employing a guy who was a Premiership manager in charge of our kids in the 5th tier. Not sure what people really expect for that level.

Yep He's well qualified, in fact Liam Fox even has a UEFA Pro Licence...... :whistling:

I suspect the publishing of a B team manager interview before the first team will not go down well. And I’d say Hearts will have brought it on themselves 

The club are just winding us up now. I want naisy parachuted in to centre circle with fireworks and cheerleaders on Monday. And then do his first interview live this or the media department are fired 🤣🤣🤣

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A sneaky reminder first team are back on Monday hidden in there. 

Think thats just the B team that are in on Monday.

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think thats just the B team that are in on Monday.

First team in on Tuesday

Pasquale for King

Not entirely sure who told Savage that Fox has a history of bringing players through and improving them last time he was here, if theres a list Its a very small one. 

On 16/06/2023 at 16:18, jamboinglasgow said:

Could you elaborate? Alex Ferguson proved he was a failure at St.Mirren, same logic could apply?

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jobs for the boys! 

Club is petrified of anything new or different

Dusk till yawn

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, H2 said:

Could you elaborate? Alex Ferguson proved he was a failure at St.Mirren, same logic could apply?

He didn’t fail at St Mirren though. 

1DA9B278-F489-4D8B-A2BB-210B4FEB1A32.jpeg

SectionDJambo
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t fail at St Mirren though. 

1DA9B278-F489-4D8B-A2BB-210B4FEB1A32.jpeg

Exactly

Ferguson was sacked for reasons of a distrust between him and the St Mirren board. Something to do with him promising players bonuses without consulting the board perhaps?

davemclaren
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Exactly

Ferguson was sacked for reasons of a distrust between him and the St Mirren board. Something to do with him promising players bonuses without consulting the board perhaps?

There were some murky financial rumours at the time  

jamboinglasgow
43 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Exactly

I thought it was that he spoke to Aberdeen without getting permission from the board first.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Exactly

I think he had been approached by Aberdeen the year before and McNeul got the job instead, they then went back for him. He also fell out about bonuses with the secretary it seems.