NHS

rudi must stay

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

You had that delivered? Never tried it.

2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Possibly getting an Indian tonight so a swift answer to this would be appreciated. Maybe we could turn this thread in to something worth discussing?

Better make some decent use of our time before our eternity in Hell. 

I've had about 400 mixed grills from various places, definitely get one. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I've said what I had to about food. Not had a good meal in 7 years now 

Hey, nothing wrong with a crisp sandwich Rudi. Fine cuisine.

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Locky said:

Hey, nothing wrong with a crisp sandwich Rudi. Fine cuisine.

Food no longer goes down eh. Do you know where all the NHS drones will go for making a young man with plans a skeleton, they will go to the fires of hell 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Food no longer goes down eh. Do you know where all the NHS drones will go for making a young man with plans a skeleton, they will go to the fires of hell 

It's better than being given a lifetime season ticket for Easter Road.

If hell did exist it would be pretty shan to send people there for giving someone an x-ray.

Bar is set pretty low for a ticket to hell it seems.

23 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

This study found that multiple x-rays had an effect on bone density. It should be noted that the study was performed on 40 rats so it is a long way from saying that the same would be true of humans. I suppose it's possible that it could happen to humans but, doctors aren't stupid and the effects of radiation are well known so I find it hard to believe that someone in this country would be exposed to an x-ray schedule that has the potential to damage health. If it did occur it would be a massive cock-up, the victim would have a strong case for medical malpractice, and the papers would be very interested in the story.

a couple of points on this study

it is not just radiation they exposed the rats to but weightlessness. It is already known that long periods of weightlessness reduces bone density as has been observed in astronauts.

the radiation dose the study says they were given was 4 Gray, this is a huge dose, in humans the ND 50/60 value for someone who gets medical treatment for a high dose of radiation is around 4-6 Gray (or Sieverts for ease of use). The ND 50/60 value is if that dose is received you have a 50% chance of being alive after 60 days. For comparison in the UK someone who works with radiation can receive up to 20 milli Sieverts, this is 200 times lower than the 4 Gray/Sieverts. For the record if someone receives above 20 milli Sieverts of dose this would be reported to HSE, almost guaranteed there would be a court case and would end up as a reportable event that the IAEA would publish.

in regards to recieving 4 Gray as a dose you would receive erythema, i.e. bad skin burns. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Locky said:

It's better than being given a lifetime season ticket for Easter Road.

Aye but it's hotter 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Shanks said:

If hell did exist it would be pretty shan to send people there for giving someone an x-ray.

Bar is set pretty low for a ticket to hell it seems.

Depends if it is to an already physically weak person after 3 weeks of antibiotics. Not that they care about that 

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Depends if it is to an already physically weak person after 3 weeks of antibiotics. Not that they care about that 

My theory is that you got ill, it just happened to coincide with an x-ray appointment and you’ve conflated the two things. 
It’s like the old “I had 10 pints of lager and a packet of peanuts and I feel dreadful this morning. I’m never eating peanuts again” Find something to hang the blame on.  

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s like the old “I had 10 pints of lager and a packet of peanuts and I feel dreadful this morning. I’m never eating peanuts again” Find something to hang the blame on.  

Hold on......what?........it's NOT the ****in peanuts?

Edited by Dawnrazor

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Hold on......what?........it's NOT the ****in peanuts?

:qqb006:

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My theory is that you got ill, it just happened to coincide with an x-ray appointment and you’ve conflated the two things. 

Tell you who I blame the NHS. Pish treatment, it reminds me of the Simpsons and the house that love built. It was made from good intentions but due to that it was shoddy and delapidated. They see someone they don't want to help and they go he's not paying me so to be honest I don't care about him. It's why autistic people are getting dnrs when they go into hospital 

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Tell you who I blame the NHS. Pish treatment, it reminds me of the Simpsons and the house that love built. It was made from good intentions but due to that it was shoddy and delapidated. They see someone they don't want to help and they go he's not paying me so to be honest I don't care about him. It's why autistic people are getting dnrs when they go into hospital 

I blame the aliens ... maybe you were probed in the rear? 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You volunteering? 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

In order for evil to prevail good does nothing 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Are the NHS evil are they?

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Are the NHS evil are they?

Doctors evil nurses good 

14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

you've done nothing apart from moaning on here

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I've enlightened 

been here before
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

No, to be fair to him he's done nothing for himself and blamed everyone else for his attention seeking.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

No, to be fair to him he's done nothing for himself and blamed everyone else for his attention seeking.

Ah fair enough intellectual thread so a good comment 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

When the alternative's an eternity with Christians, hell's not a particularly strong threat.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

When the alternative's an eternity with Christians, hell's not a particularly strong threat.

Fair enough not a fan of Christians either strange and superior vibes 

Greedy Jambo

Not sure how you're able to hold a job down, or even survive when food isn't going down. 

Bindy Badgy
2 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

You volunteering? 

They don't do that anymore.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not sure how you're able to hold a job down, or even survive when food isn't going down. 

IT ticks the boxes. Two hours bit if the old typing and pay day the next month 

6 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Just like when my Dad smelled my bare arse. :ninja: 

rudi must stay

Dypraxic people irrelevant to the NHS. Just a free buffet for them, all you can eat. They enjoyed themselves on my liver when I went to the hospital 

Jeffros Furios

Dypraxic people irrelevant to the NHS. Just a free buffet for them, all you can eat. They enjoyed themselves on my liver when I went to the hospital 

Dr Lecter ? 

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Dr Lecter ? 

Fair play that made me laugh. 

On 25/06/2022 at 13:18, milky_26 said:

it is not just radiation they exposed the rats to but weightlessness. It is already known that long periods of weightlessness reduces bone density as has been observed in astronauts.

the radiation dose the study says they were given was 4 Gray, this is a huge dose, in humans the ND 50/60 value for someone who gets medical treatment for a high dose of radiation is around 4-6 Gray (or Sieverts for ease of use). The ND 50/60 value is if that dose is received you have a 50% chance of being alive after 60 days. For comparison in the UK someone who works with radiation can receive up to 20 milli Sieverts, this is 200 times lower than the 4 Gray/Sieverts. For the record if someone receives above 20 milli Sieverts of dose this would be reported to HSE, almost guaranteed there would be a court case and would end up as a reportable event that the IAEA would publish.

in regards to recieving 4 Gray as a dose you would receive erythema, i.e. bad skin burns. 

Nah mate, it gives you weak bones and makes you addicted to crisp sandwiches. You not been reading?

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Nah mate, it gives you weak bones and makes you addicted to crisp sandwiches. You not been reading?

Ah crisps my favourite delicacy

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah crisps my favourite delicacy

You reckon they’ll have McCoys Thai sweet chilli when we’re in hell? 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

You reckon they’ll have McCoys Thai sweet chilli when we’re in hell? 

Jambos are exempt from hell. They follow the almighty 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Jambos are exempt from hell. They follow the almighty 

Whose the almighty?

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whose the almighty?

The Jambos are the almighty 

Bindy Badgy
On 25/06/2022 at 14:18, milky_26 said:

Good spot on the weightlessness :) Don't know how I missed that when I read over the Methods.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I believe I have the answers 

Am I right in saying you haven't eaten properly for 7 years and now, in unrelated news, you're weak and sickly?

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Am I right in saying you haven't eaten properly for 7 years and now, in unrelated news, you're weak and sickly?

I couldn't say son 

rudi must stay

My hypothesis is that the antibiotics disagreed with me so I have technically been weightless so the x-rays did have an effect on me 

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I couldn't say son 

You could if you didn't have a lisp

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You could if you didn't have a lisp

Oh very good!

Captain Lithuania
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

My hypothesis is that the antibiotics disagreed with me so I have technically been weightless so the x-rays did have an effect on me 

How do antibiotics make you weightless?

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

How do antibiotics make you weightless?

Was on them for three weeks 

• davemclaren locked this topic