NHS

rudi must stay

rudi must stay
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

She’s with us right now, but I won’t trouble her with your question.

Is that ok?

Sarcasm I wasn't being sarcastic. Yes don't bother her doctors don't like to be bothered 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

If you’re so convinced that you are right and everyone else is wrong, do something about it. 

Personally, and in the opinion of a very good friend of mine who has worked with medicine all her life in California and in Beirut, you have no case.  She has been exposed to radiation for decades and says there is a very, very minimal chance of three x-rays doing to you what you claim they have.

If you decide to take this further however, I wish you all the best, Rudi.

Here I have an idea for you mate. Host a Mexican style pool party this weekend, invite her. Pump her full of drinks ask her again at the end 

20 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

You see I have lived my life amongst doctors I understand them and frankly they sicken me. They have little empathy for people and it's the nice quiet ones that suffer

I do worry about you when I read your posts rudi. You sound like a really confused and scared little boy. I hope you can get past this one day.

When I think about what the NHS has done for my family it brings a tear to my eye, it honestly does. From doctors/consultants at the top of their fields down to staff nurses and admin staff I've had nothing but amazing and very humbling experiences. My youngest will grow up owing the same debt as I do and my oldest will probably never know how sick he was when they looked after him. 

Let go of the anger mate and start eating some fruit and veg.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I do worry about you when I read your posts rudi. You sound like a really confused and scared little boy. I hope you can get past this one day.

When I think about what the NHS has done for my family it brings a tear to my eye, it honestly does. From doctors/consultants at the top of their fields down to staff nurses and admin staff I've had nothing but amazing and very humbling experiences. My youngest will grow up owing the same debt as I do and my oldest will probably never know how sick he was when they looked after him. 

Doesn't matter what I eat it sticks to me. I should have been gone a long time ago to be honest

19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Here I have an idea for you mate. Host a Mexican style pool party this weekend, invite her. Pump her.

:arry: 

In all seriousness Rudi, I don't blame people on here for their rather blaise approach to your problems given that many on here have tried to help and it doesn't seem like you want that help, but at the same time, I think we all are a little concerned by your situation and general behaviour.

As others have said, why not seek legal advice? You mentioned before that you don't need the money, but it's about more than money. If a legal representative proves your case then you can finally be heard and wouldn't you be delighted with the moral victory? 

On top of that, it seems as though you've got a lot to say on the matter. It's worth speaking to a counsellor. This forum can be great to share things with because there's a lot of good people here, but they can only help so much. If you've genuinely been failed by the people you've seen then I understand your reluctance to pursue these things, but what's the alternative? Stuck at home in isolation with only a bunch of strangers to confide in? This might be your escape, and that's great, JKB can do that, but it's not the means to a solution.

Probably wasting my time typing all that out, but worth a try I guess.

This is going to be a bit longwinded, but I have to strongly defend the NHS. Like a lot of people, I get frustrated if you ever have to go to A&E and wait ages, or wait months for an appointment, and we all need to blame somebody. They are understaffed and under funded. For me, they literally saved my life.

Back in June 20 when we were in covid restrictions, I was unwell for 3 weeks, fevers, tired , struggling to breathe properly etc. Was told to make my way on a Saturday night to Western General covid assessment team, as they suspected covid. Did tests etc, wasn’t covid.

Come Monday morning, I was expecting to get out, but was told blood tests had shown I had an infection, and 2 lung clots, irregular heartbeat. Was ambulanced to Royal Infirmary to be told I had endocarditis, which is an infection of the inner lining of the heart, quite serious I was told. I was then told I had to be on a IV drip for 4 weeks, 24 hours a day. Alongside all of this, I had everything possible,done, CT Scans, MRI Scans, many ultrascan’s. Camera down throat, many other things as well. 

Again, thought I would go home in 4 weeks, and that would be it. Couple of weeks in, was told I had severe regurgitation of my heart valves, and I needed open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. I was gobsmacked, as I went in thinking I might have covid. This all happened when covid was rife, so no visitors at all, it was pretty tough. Good news was they were going to let me go home after the 4 weeks, as they said I had dealt with enough over that 4 weeks, and give me some time at home to build up for operation. Was told it would be 2/3 months probably. Went home and got a letter sent the following week and was told operation was scheduled for a couple of weeks time, as my regurgitation was worse than first thought. Again, that was a shock it was so soon.

Not going to lie I was crapping myself. Been with my other half for years, but I had been married before, so didn’t see the need. We were told there were some high risks with operation, so again remembering it was during covid period and covid measures in place, we got a special letter from doctor, special dispensation from registrars to get married immediately. My other half popped into registrars, gave letter, and we were married the following lunchtime. Within 24 hours of speaking to registrars we got married. 

Was taken into hospital 4/5 days before I was due to be admitted, as I had taken a bit unwell again. Brought forward operation, and again no visitors allowed. The night before prepping for surgery, you get an injection into your stomach which is a blood thinner which helps surgery procedure. Had operation, came round, lots of other stuff happened. Found I had allergy to morphine, and I was allergic to injection they had given me before surgery. Should have been in hospital for 4-6 days, was in another 4 weeks, I was just unlucky. Allergic to heparin which is in a lot of medication, so I was diagnosed as HIT+, again bloody rare. It was one crap thing after another. Upshot is, I’m mid 50’s doing pretty ok now, pretty young to have open heart surgery, and have been told there is a likelihood I will need another one if I live another 20/30 years. 

Loads of things went wrong, nobody’s fault, just had some major bad luck along the way. Was told if the original endocarditis hadn’t been diagnosed, I would have had a major stroke, more than likely fatal. All NHS staff were just incredible, from the tea lady, to the junior doctors marking their way, you really build bonds with them. Lots of snots and tears along the way, but due to no visitors, they went that extra mile. Always get my other half to shave my hair. One of the domestics brought in her own clippers to shave my hair, as I kept mumping it was too long. Simple things like that made such a difference. 

Yes, it is their job, but when you hear the wages some of the staff are on, they to me are extra special. I didn’t like the clap for carers, to me that was too contrived, but for me they literally saved my life. 

On many tablets for rest of my puff, but doing well. Just writing this down has actually been quite emotional, as I sometimes underplay how tough it was. Seeing it in black and white, I went through the wringer, but I won’t hear a word against the NHS. 

They did save my life. 

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Locky said:

In all seriousness Rudi, I don't blame people on here for their rather blaise approach to your problems given that many on here have tried to help and it doesn't seem like you want that help, but at the same time, I think we all are a little concerned by your situation and general behaviour.

As others have said, why not seek legal advice? You mentioned before that you don't need the money, but it's about more than money. If a legal representative proves your case then you can finally be heard and wouldn't you be delighted with the moral victory? 

On top of that, it seems as though you've got a lot to say on the matter. It's worth speaking to a counsellor. This forum can be great to share things with because there's a lot of good people here, but they can only help so much. If you've genuinely been failed by the people you've seen then I understand your reluctance to pursue these things, but what's the alternative? Stuck at home in isolation with only a bunch of strangers to confide in? This might be your escape, and that's great, JKB can do that, but it's not the means to a solution.

The answer my friend is no pills 

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, daftie said:

This is going to be a bit longwinded, but I have to strongly defend the NHS. Like a lot of people, I get frustrated if you ever have to go to A&E and wait ages, or wait months for an appointment, and we all need to blame somebody. They are understaffed and under funded. For me, they literally saved my life.

Back in June 20 when we were in covid restrictions, I was unwell for 3 weeks, fevers, tired , struggling to breathe properly etc. Was told to make my way on a Saturday night to Western General covid assessment team, as they suspected covid. Did tests etc, wasn’t covid.

Come Monday morning, I was expecting to get out, but was told blood tests had shown I had an infection, and 2 lung clots, irregular heartbeat. Was ambulanced to Royal Infirmary to be told I had endocarditis, which is an infection of the inner lining of the heart, quite serious I was told. I was then told I had to be on a IV drip for 4 weeks, 24 hours a day. Alongside all of this, I had everything possible,done, CT Scans, MRI Scans, many ultrascan’s. Camera down throat, many other things as well. 

Again, thought I would go home in 4 weeks, and that would be it. Couple of weeks in, was told I had severe regurgitation of my heart valves, and I needed open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. I was gobsmacked, as I went in thinking I might have covid. This all happened when covid was rife, so no visitors at all, it was pretty tough. Good news was they were going to let me go home after the 4 weeks, as they said I had dealt with enough over that 4 weeks, and give me some time at home to build up for operation. Was told it would be 2/3 months probably. Went home and got a letter sent the following week and was told operation was scheduled for a couple of weeks time, as my regurgitation was worse than first thought. Again, that was a shock it was so soon.

Not going to lie I was crapping myself. Been with my other half for years, but I had been married before, so didn’t see the need. We were told there were some high risks with operation, so again remembering it was during covid period and covid measures in place, we got a special letter from doctor, special dispensation from registrars to get married immediately. My other half popped into registrars, gave letter, and we were married the following lunchtime. Within 24 hours of speaking to registrars we got married. 

Was taken into hospital 4/5 days before I was due to be admitted, as I had taken a bit unwell again. Brought forward operation, and again no visitors allowed. The night before prepping for surgery, you get an injection into your stomach which is a blood thinner which helps surgery procedure. Had operation, came round, lots of other stuff happened. Found I had allergy to morphine, and I was allergic to injection they had given me before surgery. Should have been in hospital for 4-6 days, was in another 4 weeks, I was just unlucky. Allergic to heparin which is in a lot of medication, so I was diagnosed as HIT+, again bloody rare. It was one crap thing after another. Upshot is, I’m mid 50’s doing pretty ok now, pretty young to have open heart surgery, and have been told there is a likelihood I will need another one if I live another 20/30 years. 

Loads of things went wrong, nobody’s fault, just had some major bad luck along the way. Was told if the original endocarditis hadn’t been diagnosed, I would have had a major stroke, more than likely fatal. All NHS staff were just incredible, from the tea lady, to the junior doctors marking their way, you really build bonds with them. Lots of snots and tears along the way, but due to no visitors, they went that extra mile. Always get my other half to shave my hair. One of the domestics brought in her own clippers to shave my hair, as I kept mumping it was too long. Simple things like that made such a difference. 

Yes, it is their job, but when you hear the wages some of the staff are on, they to me are extra special. I didn’t like the clap for carers, to me that was too contrived, but for me they literally saved my life. 

On many tablets for rest of my puff, but doing well. Just writing this down has actually been quite emotional, as I sometimes underplay how tough it was. Seeing it in black and white, I went through the wringer, but I won’t hear a word against the NHS. 

They did save my life. 

Fair play to you nicely written post 

19 minutes ago, daftie said:

They did save my life. 

Good to hear you're on the mend daftie. Hope you and the good lady have many happy years to come.

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Good to hear you're on the mend daftie. Hope you and the good lady have many happy years to come.

Cheers. It has changed my perspective on lots of things. I’m a bit of a mumpy sod, so definitely made me realise what is important and what’s not. I used to whinge about totally unimportant stuff.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Agreed . 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Good posting 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, daftie said:

They did save my life. 

What a time you have been through. Glad to hear you are on the mend . 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Agreed . 

Good posting 

Are you Judy Garland 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Are you Judy Garland 

Yes I regenerated as her a few weeks ago . Needed a change 

5580B53C-E897-4A17-832C-7D96C06E6699.gif

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I regenerated as her a few weeks ago . Needed a change 

5580B53C-E897-4A17-832C-7D96C06E6699.gif

Excellent 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Excellent 

How’s you today ? 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Same as every day 

Why don’t you do something different then ? Break up the monotony ? Go for a walk or something , ? 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why don’t you do something different then ? Break up the monotony ? Go for a walk or something , ? 

To be honest with you I hate going outside hate seeing the reactions of people 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Reaction to

what ? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Reaction to me

I don’t understand 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I don’t understand 

How would you feel if you saw a man that was young and had no muscle. Sometimes it's scared sometimes it's confused, I hate it 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

How would you feel if you saw a man that was young and had no muscle. Sometimes it's scared sometimes it's confused, I hate it 

Well I’d think it’s none of my business about anyones Appearance 

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Absolutely non of my business but your reaction to them is what’s really important not their reaction to you. 

Easier said than done but letting go of worrying about what anybody else thinks or does is probably the best thing anyone can do mentally, well that and telling yourself no matter how bad life gets, somebody somewhere has it far worse. That way of thinking has certainly stood me in good stead. 

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Absolutely non of my business but your reaction to them is what’s really important not their reaction to you. 

Easier said than done but letting go of worrying about what anybody else thinks or does is probably the best thing anyone can do mentally, well that and telling yourself no matter how bad life gets, somebody somewhere has it far worse. That way of thinking has certainly stood me in good stead. 

Your a good guy for trying but it's gone past that stage 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think that's just in your head tbh Rudi.

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Locky said:

No I am a good reader of situations and people. My advice to those on here would simply be enjoy your lives, enjoy your health. Without it life is 10 times more difficult 

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Here I have an idea for you mate. Host a Mexican style pool party this weekend, invite her. Pump her full of drinks ask her again at the end 

Your idea stinks.

It’s also rude and uncalled for.  My friend is very learned and offered what I thought was a good opinion, which I passed on to you.  

I won’t do it again.

For the record, she doesn’t drink.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Why do you care what others think?

45 minutes ago, Locky said:

The voice of reason.  ^^^^^

been here before
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is this a medical thing? Doesnt she get thirsty?

Not the result of xrays I hope.

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your idea stinks.

It’s also rude and uncalled for.  My friend is very learned and offered what I thought was a good opinion, which I passed on to you.  

I won’t do it again.

Why do you care what others think?

Because it's not true is it that's why. It is time we gave these eggheads a tough time they treat people like me with Dyspraxia like pish. 3 X rays and other people are getting lifesaving treatment for Cancer. Where's the same treatment for everybody?

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The voice of reason.  ^^^^^

Obviously its in my head 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Because it's not true is it that's why. It is time we gave these eggheads a tough time they treat people like me with Dyspraxia like pish. 3 X rays and other people are getting lifesaving treatment for Cancer. Where's the same treatment for everybody?

As for why do I care I want to get along with people. The way I am just now I have to to be honest

47 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Erm, because cancer is a life-threatening illness, and dyspraxia isn't?

When you start complaining that doctors are bad for giving people that could potentially die preferential treatment, is the line in the sand for me, I'm out. 

56 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is this a medical thing? Doesnt she get thirsty?

Not the result of xrays I hope.

She used to like to drink.  You know, tea, coffee, water, wine...

Now though?  No way, Jose.

It just won’t stay down and therefore everyone stares at her.

She’s basically a prune.

53 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Obviously its in my head 

👍

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, trotter said:

Erm, because cancer is a life-threatening illness, and dyspraxia isn't?

When you start complaining that doctors are bad for giving people that could potentially die preferential treatment, is the line in the sand for me, I'm out. 

No you miss the point. A person with dypraxia isn't given help because the doctor decided they are worthless, someone without it is. Do you know the life expectancy for someone with autism... 30

rudi must stay

Basically the person isn't given treatment at all. Have they done any checks on me, now x-rays cause cancer. Course not. Taken any bloods? No. Why? Because to them I am irrelevant. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No you miss the point. A person with dypraxia isn't given help because the doctor decided they are worthless, someone without it is. Do you know the life expectancy for someone with autism... 30

Its 54.

Its almost like you're slavering.

Edited by been here before

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

She used to like to drink.  You know, tea, coffee, water, wine...

Now though?  No way, Jose.

It just won’t stay down and therefore everyone stares at her.

She’s basically a prune.

If she believes her head could fall off there's justice in the world 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its 54.

It is if you add or another 24 years from nowhere 

been here before
Just now, rudi must stay said:

https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20160318/autism-early-deaths

The Swedish study, carried out by the Karolinska Institute, was based on the health records of 27,122 autistic adults diagnosed between 1987 and 2009, compared with more than 2 million people in the general population.

The researchers found that people with autism died 16 years earlier at an average age of 54. Adults with the condition and learning disabilities died more than 30 years earlier than people without autism at an average age of 39.5 years.

Adults with autism and without a learning disability died on average 12 years earlier, at 58.

26 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No, you are missing the point. There are only so many resources the NHS has (there's no point going into the reasons for that, we'd be here for years). Doctors are charged with ensuring those resources go where they can do the best good - that can't be an easy job, and not one that I envy. You are not considered worthless, you are considered less of a priority than someone who without prompt and continuous treatment MIGHT ACTUALLY ******* DIE. I sat in A&E at the ERI for 6 hours with a broken hand waiting to be seen whilst an almost endless stream of people with serious bleeding, heart attacks, car crash injuries jumped the queue in front of me because I was less of a priority. Did I moan? Yes, because my hand hurt, not because I was made to wait. 

I'm not saying that is fair, but with finite resources, choices have to be made. We can't get everything we want unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

There is absolutely no need for that. Now you are just coming across as someone that is spiteful and bitter because the world hasn't given you the things you seem to think you are entitled to. I'm sorry you have a condition that affects your daily life, I am, but consider this:

1) Is your condition terminal?

2) Do you have a roof over your head every night?

3) Do you have access to clean water?

4) Do you have access to food (even if you choose not to eat it)?

A lot of people in the world are much worse off than you through no fault of their own either and actively try and improve their situation rather than just wingeing about it. So grow up and stop acting like a petulant child. 

Edited by trotter

32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

There’s no need for that.

Why did you say such a thing?

33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Oh, what Judy Garland would have given for these extra 24 years.

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oh, what Judy Garland would have given for these extra 24 years.

Judy had a very full And rewarding 47 years really . It’s not how Long you live it’s the quality of life which matters , what you do with it I feel . 

doctor jambo

“Heart sink patients “

those names that appear on your list and your head sinks to the desk .

Its an effort to even reach for the phone to call them.

Every surgery has some , and the big worry is that some day they will actually be ill, and you miss it.

• davemclaren locked this topic