Haha fair play if only eh. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

You’re at the wind up. 

No I'm not 

Captain Lithuania
7 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

He took them on his spaceship 

He certainly lives on a different planet than I do anyway. I’ve made up my mind, he’s fully at the wind up. 

Captain Lithuania
Just now, rudi must stay said:

No I'm not 

Do you understand what weightless meant in the context it was used? As in a zero gravity situation. I bet you’re going to say you don’t believe in gravity. Deary me. 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

He certainly lives on a different planet than I do anyway. I’ve made up my mind, he’s fully at the wind up. 

Is your house hot?

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is your house hot?

Mine is the same temperature it was yesterday. So it is heatless.

rudi must stay
36 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Mine is the same temperature it was yesterday. So it is heatless.

Ah, only in space. 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah, only in space. 

Dearie, dearie me. 

If space is heatless, (i.e. devoid of any heat - which is simply a form of energy), then how do you explain the heat transfer that occurs between the sun and us to warm the planet?

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, trotter said:

Dearie, dearie me. 

If space is heatless, (i.e. devoid of any heat - which is simply a form of energy), then how do you explain the heat transfer that occurs between the sun and us to warm the planet?

Not up to me up to an astronomer 

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, trotter said:

Dearie, dearie me. 

As heat is caused by excited molecules moving about I'm guessing that infra red rays don't generate heat in the vacuum of space but do in our atmosphere where there are molecules to play with.

Sorry, but quite an interesting question I thought!

rudi must stay

Good to have a laugh. See laughter is universal. Evil cannot laugh it is humourless 

Edited by rudi must stay

Okay, so I actually now have a story to contribute to this thread which RMS might like. Before I go further though, I'm not in any way knocking the NHS which I believe is a great system, but there's certainly been some failings here.

So, the other day I posted in the mixed emotions thread about my girlfriends current health situation. Back in March, she was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, a form of cancer. A shocking diagnosis for anyone, let alone a mother in her 20's. It's been a constant source of worry in that time obviously. She finally got her biopsy a couple of weeks ago (it was meant to be earlier but upon arrival for her appointment, she was told that her consultant was off with Covid and they forgot to tell her) and despite believing it would be taken from her neck, they said it would in fact be taken from her arms as scans showed swelling has spread down there, getting close to her breast area. This caused further concern.

Today she was to attend an appointment for the results of this biopsy. We were fearing the worst, and she was preparing to be given choices with treatment plans moving forward. This was further worrying as she's been in hospital since Friday suffering from a lot of sickness and pain in her stomach area. At first, she was told it could be the appendix, then she was told it could be ovary related, but as of yet, all bloods, x-rays and ultrasounds have came back inconclusive. There was only one test left to carry out, the CT scan.

Now, she's no stranger to this scan in recent months, but because she's had so many lately, they were reluctant to give her another one unless necessary as the radiation levels for someone her age could be harmful. Last night, she was told by a doctor that they will have to give her one pending the outcome of her biopsy results as they feared that perhaps this could actually just be the cancer spreading to her stomach. Very worrying news, as if this was the case, it seemed to be spreading pretty quickly.

So, back to today. Her Dad had to come and pick her up from Monklands Hospital to drive her to Hairmyres in East Kilbride where their haematology department is. Given she's been in Monklands all weekend in severe pain, she requested an alternative way to have this appointment, to be told no, only for the consultant from Hairmyres say they'd have gladly just sent someone to Monklands to have this discussion.

Alas, her trip wasn't a wasted one. She met with a consultant today who she hadn't met before. This consultant has told her that he's reviewed everything thoroughly, and is 100% certain that she doesn't in fact have cancer at all. It seems as though a typo in her medical report was what led to the diagnosis, and that he's sorry for the inconvenience but it seems as though its all been a big mistake. She had an infection earlier in the year which led to swelling of the lymph nodes, and this seems to be permanent as a result, but is in no way concerning. He's sent the report to a hospital in Glasgow for a second opinion, but only really to give her peace of mind. 

I feel like a bit of a divvy now posting what I did in that thread, as it seems I got myself worked up and stressed out over nothing really. I'm delighted and relieved at this news, even if it does throw up further questions. And of course, she's still in hospital just now dealing with something albeit unrelated. Clearly there's still concerns with her health, but to be given a reprieve from the god awful disease that is cancer is incredible.

Naturally though, she's in a confused state right now. A mixture of anger and relief. Thanks to all on here who gave me messages of support.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As heat is caused by excited molecules moving about I'm guessing that infra red rays don't generate heat in the vacuum of space but do in our atmosphere where there are molecules to play with.

Sorry, but quite an interesting question I thought!

It's a common misconception to confuse heat and temperature, even something cold still has heat!!

It's heat transfer in the form of thermal radiation ;)

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Good to have a laugh. See laughter is universal. Evil cannot laugh it is humourless 

Dr evil was pretty funny. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, trotter said:

It's a common misconception to confuse heat and temperature, even something cold still has heat!!

It's heat transfer in the form of thermal radiation ;)

This is beyond my ken I'll need to look it up 👍

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Dr evil was pretty funny. 

Yes a good depiction of doctors and nurses, a weirdo 

On 25/06/2022 at 11:41, rudi must stay said:

Doctors evil nurses good 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes a good depiction of doctors and nurses, a weirdo 

:interehjrling:

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, trotter said:

:interehjrling:

They all come under the same cloud 

Edited by rudi must stay

Captain Lithuania
43 minutes ago, Locky said:

Okay, so I actually now have a story to contribute to this thread which RMS might like. Before I go further though, I'm not in any way knocking the NHS which I believe is a great system, but there's certainly been some failings here.

So, the other day I posted in the mixed emotions thread about my girlfriends current health situation. Back in March, she was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, a form of cancer. A shocking diagnosis for anyone, let alone a mother in her 20's. It's been a constant source of worry in that time obviously. She finally got her biopsy a couple of weeks ago (it was meant to be earlier but upon arrival for her appointment, she was told that her consultant was off with Covid and they forgot to tell her) and despite believing it would be taken from her neck, they said it would in fact be taken from her arms as scans showed swelling has spread down there, getting close to her breast area. This caused further concern.

Today she was to attend an appointment for the results of this biopsy. We were fearing the worst, and she was preparing to be given choices with treatment plans moving forward. This was further worrying as she's been in hospital since Friday suffering from a lot of sickness and pain in her stomach area. At first, she was told it could be the appendix, then she was told it could be ovary related, but as of yet, all bloods, x-rays and ultrasounds have came back inconclusive. There was only one test left to carry out, the CT scan.

Now, she's no stranger to this scan in recent months, but because she's had so many lately, they were reluctant to give her another one unless necessary as the radiation levels for someone her age could be harmful. Last night, she was told by a doctor that they will have to give her one pending the outcome of her biopsy results as they feared that perhaps this could actually just be the cancer spreading to her stomach. Very worrying news, as if this was the case, it seemed to be spreading pretty quickly.

So, back to today. Her Dad had to come and pick her up from Monklands Hospital to drive her to Hairmyres in East Kilbride where their haematology department is. Given she's been in Monklands all weekend in severe pain, she requested an alternative way to have this appointment, to be told no, only for the consultant from Hairmyres say they'd have gladly just sent someone to Monklands to have this discussion.

Alas, her trip wasn't a wasted one. She met with a consultant today who she hadn't met before. This consultant has told her that he's reviewed everything thoroughly, and is 100% certain that she doesn't in fact have cancer at all. It seems as though a typo in her medical report was what led to the diagnosis, and that he's sorry for the inconvenience but it seems as though its all been a big mistake. She had an infection earlier in the year which led to swelling of the lymph nodes, and this seems to be permanent as a result, but is in no way concerning. He's sent the report to a hospital in Glasgow for a second opinion, but only really to give her peace of mind. 

I feel like a bit of a divvy now posting what I did in that thread, as it seems I got myself worked up and stressed out over nothing really. I'm delighted and relieved at this news, even if it does throw up further questions. And of course, she's still in hospital just now dealing with something albeit unrelated. Clearly there's still concerns with her health, but to be given a reprieve from the god awful disease that is cancer is incredible.

Naturally though, she's in a confused state right now. A mixture of anger and relief. Thanks to all on here who gave me messages of support.

Well that’s a bit of a head ****, but the main thing is your partner is going to be well. I can’t imagine how you all must feel. Great news bud. 

I can’t imagine the worry this all caused. 

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

This thread is wild.

:biggrin:

He’s just trolling now. Antibiotics make you float about like Neil Armstrong apparently. The thread is done. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

He’s just trolling now. Antibiotics make you float about like Neil Armstrong apparently. The thread is done. 

The eggheads said that not me I didn't go down the space route 

Captain Lithuania
17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

My hypothesis is that the antibiotics disagreed with me so I have technically been weightless so the x-rays did have an effect on me 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Was on them for three weeks 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It makes you weightless because you never put on new weight 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

The eggheads said that not me I didn't go down the space route 

Ok 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

They all come under the same cloud 

Every cloud has a silver lining.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Ok 

Have a laugh mate you only live once. And guess what you have your strength, food does down. Enjoy it

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Cheers you have confirmed what I've been saying. That to put it bluntly x-rays **** you up, bad treatment is she a quiet nice lady?

If she was loud would it make a difference?

11 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Well that’s a bit of a head ****, but the main thing is your partner is going to be well. I can’t imagine how you all must feel. Great news bud. 

I can’t imagine the worry this all caused. 

Yeah you're not wrong Captain! We've been on and off for the past year but finally in a good place together and she's wanting to move through here with the kids soon, but as exciting as that was it was hard to see past what might come of her condition. Only a few hours ago I was dreading a phone call telling me the worst. Instead I got told that we can really start to look forward to our future.

Sun is shining, and I'm currently working at home with the tunes on wearing my 93/94 re-issue Hearts goalie top. Life is good sometimes. 😎 

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Cheers you have confirmed what I've been saying. That to put it bluntly x-rays **** you up, bad treatment is she a quiet nice lady?

She's the nicest I could've ever wished to meet, but she's from the West so I certainly wouldn't say quiet! As I said Rudi, I'm very grateful for our NHS. Mistakes and incompetency can be found in any industry. But as many on here have testified, there are some terrific people who work for our health service.

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

How are her bones and ability to eat holding up?

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If she was loud would it make a difference?

To the NHS it makes you relevant 

The Real Maroonblood

To the NHS it makes you relevant 

How does it?

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I bet there is nothing left of her after all the tests. And for nothing, what a farce 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

:lol:

Well she also suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and hasn't kept her food down for a few days since she's been in hospital but I'm going to say they are entirely unrelated.

Planning on going to see her tomorrow. Might take some crisp pieces with me.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How does it?

Because that's when you get good treatment when they believe you might sue them 

I bet there is nothing left of her after all the tests. And for nothing, what a farce 

Yes, no doubt she has turned into a human jelly after her megapint of radiation.

The Real Maroonblood

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

As long as there's enough for me to grab onto next time she stays with me.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Locky said:

:lol:

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Ah good man. She'll enjoy the crisps 

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Good lad, Locks.  👍

Delighted to read your story, by the way.

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good lad, Locks.  👍

Delighted to read your story, by the way.

Cheers Morgan my old China. Certainly a dramatic one. :D 

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

IMG_20220623_110411.jpg

As Carl Jung said "if I don't believe I'm the fool"

rudi must stay

As for Locky, why are you grateful to the NHS. They were doing the job and they have done it badly. She sounds like a nice girl and once again they have taken the piss. You should be raging at them 

• davemclaren locked this topic