Orange Walk EH today

Stuart Lyon

Stuart Lyon

Earlier this morning travelling east in the Meadows I saw about 10 buses offloading passengers who looks as if they were going to a wedding or the racing but soon realised they were Orangemen and Women. On my return trip 15 minutes ago I counted 70+ buses traveling east through the Meadows after dropping their passengers off. A few different bands on view too but they weren't playing yet. Might be somewhere to avoid later on today!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Unknown user

• The Gorgie

• Hmfc1965

Robbies right hand man
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Ignore the dafties

Exactly. Bunch of bigots looking like idiots - which they are

What a bunch of sados 😆 

I used to work with a guy who was into this and had tattoos of 1690 and King Billy red hand etc. Used to brag about getting into paggers with Catholics. Absolute weapon of a guy

20 years ago now so can only hope that he's maybe grown out of it.

Dirty Deeds

The same loons bus it around the country marching all summer. A few local idiots join them and then they pretend that the whole town welcomed them.

The Prestonpans walk pre-covid were a particularly sad looking bunch.

The Ultimate Worrier

There was one in Gorgie last Saturday morning. Used to be one every May/June pre-pandemic and their buses all seemed to have come from as far afield as Ayrshire.

Seriously time to get that shite in the bin.

If we didn't separate primary school age kids on the grounds of religion I think that would help.

16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If we didn't separate primary school age kids on the grounds of religion I think that would 

Funny how they manage fine in England with catholic schools. Wish all these brain dead morons would piss off to NI. 

Jeffros Furios

One of the goons in his orange order costume was getting strange looks in Newington .

I'd be surprised if more than a few dozen locals  take part or watch these losers .

Hoose gammon 😀

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Delighted they've got a crap day for it. Let the gales blow wild and hopefully a downpour later on too.

👍

Wish they'd stop giving them permission to do these stupid walks. Nothing positive comes of them ever. The fact they have to import bus loads of the ****ers from the west tells you how irrelevant they are in Edinburgh. 

JudyJudyJudy

Think it’s bad here , you should see the ones in Spain ! Dearie me . Was in Benidorm One time and there was one . What a ghastly site , pot bellied , cheap tats and foul breaths , that’s just the wimmin . The men weren’t much better . 

Watt-Zeefuik

The spouse happens to be in Auld Reekie at the moment, working on her Doctoral of Ministry at New College ironically enough, and was coming back from a hike on Arthur's Seat when she got stuck trying to get around these wanks. From the picture she sent it looks like the Royal Mile.

Creepy *******s.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Delighted they've got a crap day for it. Let the gales blow wild and hopefully a downpour later on too.

It's a nice day going to fit in a few games of table tennis 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Can't see much wrong with people coming together to celebrate their heritage, mind, even if some of that heritage is less palatable to many of us.

Have to agree with this.

Marching...:rofl:Ever watched them attempt a 90 degree bend, the bloaters resemble it's a Knock-out...with their fancy dress enall...Please don't ban these parades, they are ***kin hilarious...

Edited by OBE

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Big one in Dalkeith later this month.

Dalkeith? Jesus, they're on the creep, we never used to have them in Dalkeith.

Just now, Smithee said:

Dalkeith? Jesus, they're on the creep, we never used to have them in Dalkeith.

Desperado recruitment drive, naw?

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Went up and watched with the nephew. No problems and an enjoyable day. 

:rofl:

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Oi! As a daoist gammon, I don't appreciate being lumped in with the staunchies.

Noted. 👍

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Bunch of weirdos, the lot of them need to get a hobby

Like learning to play a musical instrument...badly?

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not quite sure what those who feel proud of their orange/Proddy heritage are mean to do, otherwise? I come from good kafflik stock myself, but would be disappointed if these people were not allowed to parade within acceptable guidelines.

We're a diverse country and marginalising or demonising any parts of it is only going to lead to resentment and backlash.

As long as they're looking foolish peacefully then there should be no problem. I do enjoy some of the orange/republican marching band music though. 

Your second paragraph is spot on.

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not quite sure what those who feel proud of their orange/Proddy heritage are mean to do, otherwise? 

They could **** off to church every Sunday and keep their hate-filled, attention-seeking needy shite of the streets. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

They could **** off to church every Sunday and keep their hate-filled, attention-seeking needy shite of the streets. 

How's that going to GIRU catholics in their own homes?

Weakened Offender
Just now, Smithee said:

How's that going to GIRU catholics in their own homes?

Most of these tragic nothings have probably ticked that box by flying flags in their back/front gardens.

Shooter McGavin

For people saying they’re celebrating their heritage,

They’re not.

They’re a bunch of hate filled bigots just seeking to cause a reaction.

They are the sons and daughters of other bigots who brought them up and brainwashed them into wearing daft ribbons and funny hats. 

Soon they’ll spawn the next generation of bigots who, if born out-with all that nonsense, wouldn’t give a rats a*** about battles that took place in sixteen-f******-ninety.

Lord Montpelier

Orange order walks and sectarianism general is another thing successive Scottish governments have failed to do a thing about. 

55 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Went up and watched with the nephew. No problems and an enjoyable day. 

What would happen if some chap was in a hurry and ran through the marchers to, say, catch a train?  I've never seen an Orange Walk, and I've never seen the situation I've described, but I've been told that the marchers would react negatively. Any idea?

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

What would happen if some chap was in a hurry and ran through the marchers to, say, catch a train?  I've never seen an Orange Walk, and I've never seen the situation I've described, but I've been told that the marchers would react negatively. Any idea?

Depends on where the march is taking place. In NI you'd probably regret not deciding to just miss the train. In Scotland you'd probably get away with it, particularly if you kept on running as there is very little chance that any of the fat-tattoo-necked blooters will be catching you. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They’re not.

They are the sons and daughters of other bigots who brought them up and brainwashed them into wearing daft ribbons and funny hats. 

Soon they’ll spawn the next generation of bigots who, if born out-with all that nonsense, wouldn’t give a rats a*** about battles that took place in sixteen-f******-ninety.

Prime trolling ground on these type of threads Bud, don't get sucked in, just have some fun with it...:thumb:

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

They would be allowed to pass through? Seen numerous tourists walking between the parade today without any issues. 

10 minutes ago, SectionN said:

They would be allowed to pass through? Seen numerous tourists walking between the parade today without any issues. 

:thumb:

McGlynn The Money

Just seen coaches and coaches of them heading west out of the city. Hope they have an utterly shite journey back to the Dark Ages the mutant, neanderthal, brainless scum.

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They’re not.

:spoton:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sir Craig Gordon said:

A great parade and fantastic turn out. Thankfully it passed without any trouble.

It’s still a lot of pish regardless.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s still a lot of pish regardless.

I can accept people have their opinion on it, I've no problem with that.

There is no doubt these religious angry hate filled bigots should read the calm respectful comments on JKB after a derby game against their fierce but respected rivals Hibernian F C.

JudyJudyJudy

Any group of people should be able to march , even if their views are reprehensible, in a democracy .