Pre season friendlies

Clerry Jambo

periodictabledancer
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure if this is just home tickets

I've just registered on their website and it's saying adult ticket prices are £20/£25 !!!

Their fans are complaining about Accrington charging £20 for a Carabao cup game :shocked3:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the general

• Rockwell

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

the general

Will have to actually go to an ATM today to take out some filthy lucre for probably the first time I'm over 2 years !!

Beyond excited for tonight

north wales jambo
3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

I've just registered on their website and it's saying adult ticket prices are £20/£25 !!!

Their fans are complaining about Accrington charging £20 for a Carabao cup game :shocked3:

I rang up Tranmere the other day and got tickets for this, it’s £10 adult and £2 u16.. 

They send you your tickets by email. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

East fife tv are streaming ppv for £10 - Eftv.info 

Looking forward to heading along tonight, hopefully have a decent team out. Would have expected a decent crowd but not heard much chat about it

13 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Thanks guys, I had a look on Google maps directions and the number 7 back into Kirkcaldy at 10pm or so wasn’t showing for some reason and the 21:20 or so buses may be a bit tight after the match so looking for a concrete alternative.

Hopefully on the day the game tomorrow people have firmed up plans from Edinburgh they can share, I know a few will probably be taking the car though so could share petrol costs too if that worked for anyone 👍🇱🇻

I have 2 seats available in my car, leaving from McDonald’s ( Corstorphine ) at 17:45. 

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, north wales jambo said:

I rang up Tranmere the other day and got tickets for this, it’s £10 adult and £2 u16.. 

They send you your tickets by email. 

Cheers. I'll phone them later.

Drew Wallace

I’m 70 percent going to tramere if I can get the day off finger’s crossed 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair it’s all about getting the players match fit but it doesn’t excite much. 

Players get match fit playing big teams too,probably more so.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Towzer said:

Players get match fit playing big teams too,probably more so.

Very likely. A tad underwhelming. 

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very likely. A tad underwhelming. 

As previous posts have said Dave,not that long ago we had Barcelona and Manchester City !!

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Towzer said:

As previous posts have said Dave,not that long ago we had Barcelona and Manchester City !!

They both came to Scotland for training camps and played a few games against other opposition. Not sure what teams are coming this time. 

2 hours ago, Rockwell said:

🤣 I honestly could name a Crawley player if my life depended on it .in fact I think I would struggle to find Crawley on map

Jordan Roberts played for Crawley Town.

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They both came to Scotland for training camps and played a few games against other opposition. Not sure what teams are coming this time. 

Manchester United U23 and U18 squads are currently based at the Oriam.

Arsenal U18s are due to be up in the next week or two.

Burnley U18s are basing themselves at St Andrews.

Hearts (and Hibs?) will probably field sides against each of them.   

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I know that mucker,I hear ye 🤘🏻

Alec Eiffel
3 hours ago, Rockwell said:

🤣 I honestly could name a Crawley player if my life depended on it .in fact I think I would struggle to find Crawley on map

Next to Gatwick Airprt wherever that is.

33 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are Crawley in league 2 or non league? Really scrapping the barrel either way! 

League 2

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jordan Roberts played for Crawley Town.

used to play for crawley town, he just signed for stevenage

Pasquale for King

Not much notice again for the Crawley game, a bit weird they didn’t organise these games weeks ago. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Who would have thought we would play 3 home friendlies and Stoke would be the glamour game! 

I think most will give all three a miss. 

Kiss my badge
Not got a lot going on this weekend so I'll be flying up from Birmingham for tomorrow's match. This will be my first chance to sit in the Main Stand since the legends in the stand wall was put in place, does anyone here know if there is public access to the wall?  

Thanks in advance. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think most will give all three a miss. 

I missed going to tynecastle for about 18months due to covid restrictions why the hell would I now want to miss games  . don't give a sh*t who we are playing I will be there 

1 hour ago, Kiss my badge said:
Not got a lot going on this weekend so I'll be flying up from Birmingham for tomorrow's match. This will be my first chance to sit in the Main Stand since the legends in the stand wall was put in place, does anyone here know if there is public access to the wall?  

Thanks in advance. 

Doubt it very much as it’s within the red zone on match days.

Kiss my badge
50 minutes ago, john1951 said:

Doubt it very much as it’s within the red zone on match days.

Yeah, I kinda guess it may be a no no. I might turn up really early to collect my ticket and try tugging a few heartstrings and say I've travelled all this way and I work for the NHS. Is there any chance I could see my name?  

Otherwise next time I'll make it a weekend and book a stadium tour on the Sunday which is something I've been meaning to do. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

I missed going to tynecastle for about 18months due to covid restrictions why the hell would I now want to miss games  . don't give a sh*t who we are playing I will be there 

Good for you, the club has barely opened all of the wheatfield for all three games so I would say they agree that most of us won’t bother. 

Thought Police

I'll take the loyalty points on offer. Might come in handy come Europe.

John Findlay
15 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Next to Gatwick Airprt wherever that is.

You pass Crawley on the M23 which is the motorway that connects Brighton to London at Croydon. Hence why the Brighton v Crystal Palace games get called the M23 Derby.

Bull's-eye

A few PHM on here know where Creepy Crawley is as we've taken in a game one weekend on a PHMs day out.

Was Crawley v Mansfield if memory serves and was a very very enjoyable weekend 🥃🍷🍻😜

37 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

A few PHM on here know where Creepy Crawley is as we've taken in a game one weekend on a PHMs day out.

Was Crawley v Mansfield if memory serves and was a very very enjoyable weekend 🥃🍷🍻😜

I know Crawley really well having family in the area. Have driven past their stadium quite a few times. 

The ironic thing is I will actually be in Crawley when Crawley FC are up at Tynecastle. Real shame as would have loved to have seen the Jambos down there.😡

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’ve said before I’m sure there is method to the teams being chosen - everything pre-season has been planned fairly meticulously with the coming season in mind.

Cant work out what it is mind…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Back to 2005
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’ve said before I’m sure there is method to the teams being chosen - everything pre-season has been planned fairly meticulously with the coming season in mind.

Here was me thinking no one decent wanted to play us! 

Nookie Bear
22 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Their captain is George Francomb, who came on as sub in the 5-1 final. 

And…er…that’s it. 

RustyRightPeg

Haven't Crawley just changed Ownership and Manager amidst racism issues?

I'm sure Kevin Betsy is their manager, ex-Arsenal youth manager who is highly regarded. I suspect they'll have a few youngsters in their team who could be handy. 

Brick Tamland

Not normally a fan of preseason games but will be a guest of PNE for our game there, looking forward to it 

:greggy:

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Cant work out what it is mind…

Maybe it's been planned in order to have the players ready for the start of the season 😁

19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not much notice again for the Crawley game, a bit weird they didn’t organise these games weeks ago. 

Crawley were meant to play someone else that wk but the other team cancelled so this has been arranged last minute 

frankblack
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good for you, the club has barely opened all of the wheatfield for all three games so I would say they agree that most of us won’t bother. 

I don't understand why we are hosting these teams bar Stoke at Tynie.

Crawley should either be away or behind closed doors.  Its a bit embarrassing expecting fans to pay to watch.  We used to get decent European or English teams in pre-seasons gone by.

I seriously hope Crawley is a game for our B team.

Edited by frankblack

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Crawley were meant to play someone else that wk but the other team cancelled so this has been arranged last minute 

If we wanted a game there’s surely other teams we could’ve asked? Just seems a bit last minute, like the other two home friendlies. I think we normally do this a lot earlier than we have.
It doesn’t help local businesses plan either, now needing extra staff etc. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

I don't understand why we are hosting these teams bar Stoke at Tynie.

Crawley should either be away or behind closed doors.  Its a bit embarrassing expecting fans to pay to watch.  We used to get decent European or English teams in pre-seasons gone by.

Just seems a bit last minute and slightly underwhelming also, barely got the Wheatfield open for all three games too. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Their captain is George Francomb, who came on as sub in the 5-1 final. 

And…er…that’s it. 

Good knowledge, I had no idea who he was when you said that 😂