Pre season friendlies

Clerry Jambo

MaskedMarauder

Any idea what kind of team we will put out for Saturday against whitehill? Quite fancy heading along 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the general

• Rockwell

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

Ford Prentice
13 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Any idea what kind of team we will put out for Saturday against whitehill? Quite fancy heading along 

Since Ferguson Park will be our home ground for the B Team and first team squad will just have flown back I imagine it'll be the B Team with any older players very unlikely.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Since Ferguson Park will be our home ground for the B Team and first team squad will just have flown back I imagine it'll be the B Team with any older players very unlikely.

The U18s have a friendly against Ayr Utd on Friday night so it should be the B team v WW

Footballfirst

I'm led to believe that Hearts are planning to play Bonnyrigg at Tynecastle on 9 July although nothing has been announced.  There is also a possibility of a B team or U18 game against Man Utd the same day.

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm led to believe that Hearts are planning to play Bonnyrigg at Tynecastle on 9 July although nothing has been announced.  There is also a possibility of a B team or U18 game against Man Utd the same day.

It’s up on the tickets site just now

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Charging £10 for it :jj_facepalm:

Ford Prentice

Updated:-

The schedule so far:

June 30 - Europa FC in Malaga

July 2 - Whitehill Welfare in Rosewell 

July 5 - East Fife in Methil

July 6 - Spartans in Pilton & Vale of Leithen in Innerleithen

July 9 - Bonnyrigg Rose at Tynecastle

July 13 -  Tranmere Rovers in Birkenhead

July 16 - Dunbar United in Dunbar 

July 20 - Preston North End in Preston

July 23 Linlithgow Rose in Linlithgow

Ford Prentice

Is the Bonnyrigg game Locke's testimonial then? Not exactly a glamour game.

Would probably go anyway but I'm away on holiday.

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, scotty2442 said:

What a dreadful friendly for Tynecastle  . Fair enough send the second team down to their place.

Thing is is we play a really good team and lose people lose their shit on here.

Actually no matter who we play and dont win pre season shit gets lost.

Club cant win no matter what.

At least it's a competitive derby.😆

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

I know it just friendly's but !!! 

But what .no one has to go if they don't want .me personally looking forward to it 

Back to 2005

It’s probably not of great importance in the great scheme of things but do the people that make these decisions actually think that playing a bunch of amateurs is going to be an attractive game for the fans?

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It’s probably not of great importance in the great scheme of things but do the people that make these decisions actually think that playing a bunch of amateurs is going to be an attractive game for the fans?

Here comes the disrespect bonnyrigg aren't amateurs  they are an spfl league 2 side . People on here loose their s*** when English supporters belittle the Scottish teams .but its ok to have this arrogance when we play a lesser team .Robbie horn is mates with Robbie neilson  bonnyrigg don't play in the league cup that weekend so are having a friendly.whats the problem with that

Edited by Rockwell

jamboinglasgow

Always meh about friendlies, unless its someone really big, would go more to see what new Hearts players are like. But considering we are in Europe so have 4 home games against potentially bigger teams, then I dont think I would worry too much about not having big friendlies.

Saying that, I do think we will have a couple more friendlies against at least Championship level teams.

Back to 2005
32 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Here comes the disrespect bonnyrigg aren't amateurs  they are an spfl league 2 side . People on here loose their s*** when English supporters belittle the Scottish teams .but its ok to have this arrogance when we play a lesser team .Robbie horn is mates with Robbie neilson  bonnyrigg don't play in the league cup that weekend so are having a friendly.whats the problem with that

We will be playing a Europa league qualifier the next month. How does this prepare us?

4 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Will the game against Europa FC tomorrow be available anywhere to watch ?

Don't think so, they stated it was behind closed doors 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We will be playing a Europa league qualifier the next month. How does this prepare us?

we don't play a European game until the 18th august so the opposition In early July is purely to get match fitness .we are playing a team from Gibraltar on Thursday in Spain maybe should have organised a game v real Madrid even though the are not even at preseason yet

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

What I can't fathom is we are playing east fife on the 5th who are in the same league the last time I looked as bonnyrigg, yet bonnyrigg  who we are playing on the 9th get called a bunch of amateurs .not one complained about east fife yet bonnyrigg get dogs abuse .strange

Back to 2005
28 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

we don't play a European game until the 18th august so the opposition In early July is purely to get match fitness .we are playing a team from Gibraltar on Thursday in Spain maybe should have organised a game v real Madrid even though the are not even at preseason yet

Surely we could attract a decent English team if we are planning on charging for entry. 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

What I can't fathom is we are playing east fife on the 5th who are in the same league the last time I looked as bonnyrigg, yet bonnyrigg  who we are playing on the 9th get called a bunch of amateurs .not one complained about east fife yet bonnyrigg get dogs abuse .strange

It's part of our preparations to get Bonnyrigg up to speed for their League Cup game against Hibs the following weekend.

Back to 2005
1 minute ago, Rockwell said:

Because it’s at Tynecastle. When did we ever play lower league teams in pre season friendlies at home. Only one I can remember was Airdrie on a Friday night about 20 years ago. 
Anyway will definitely be one for the happy clapper types. 

10 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Adults getting upset over which teams we play in a meaningless game :laugh: 

I couldn't give  a tinkers who we play what upsets me is the arrogance of some people calling an spfl league 2, side a bunch of amateurs 

Edited by Rockwell

58 minutes ago, the general said:

Home game against Bonnyrigg should have been free... a family open day with stuff on the concourse etc

Exactly, but instead the club decides to rip fans off by charging £10 for a training session.  

the general
2 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Exactly, but instead the club decides to rip fans off by charging £10 for a training session.  

I'm just disappointed that the club have missed a chance to thank the supporters for their amazing commitment in selling out season tickets. Just a daft decision

24 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

It is not who we are playing, it is how it looks. The East Fife match is a testimonial match and sending a strong team to give a part time player with years of service to one club reflects well on the club and supporters will be happy to support the cause. Playing Bonnyrigg at Tynecastle in a friendly and charging £10 admission looks like a rip off, especially since we will have to dig deep for Europe. In the good old days pre season friendlies used to be included in the season ticket.     

4 minutes ago, the general said:

I'm just disappointed that the club have missed a chance to thank the supporters for their amazing commitment in selling out season tickets. Just a daft decision

Yes got to say what are the gate receipts going to be a few thousand in the great swing of things not a lot .should have been come along sit in your seat and watch a kick about .would have been the right thing to do

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

It is not who we are playing, it is how it looks. The East Fife match is a testimonial match and sending a strong team to give a part time player with years of service to one club reflects well on the club and supporters will be happy to support the cause. Playing Bonnyrigg at Tynecastle in a friendly and charging £10 admission looks like a rip off, especially since we will have to dig deep for Europe. In the good old days pre season friendlies used to be included in the season ticket.     

Yes your right should have been free

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

I couldn't give  a tinkers who we play what upsets me is the arrogance of some people calling an spfl league 2, side a bunch of amateurs 

It's just funny to see the breakdowns. "Ripping fans off by charging £10" as if we're forcing folk to go and that :laugh: 

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

This must be the worst set of friendly fixtures I've seen. Surely we have something else lined up? 😁

Pretty grim reading tbf. I assume playing these teams is good for drilling tactics and stuff at least though :D 

Just now, The Hogfather said:

It's just funny to see the breakdowns. "Ripping fans off by charging £10" as if we're forcing folk to go and that :laugh: 

As far as I know no one has ever been forced to go to any football match in the world maybe with the exception of North Korea . don't know but it may be some crazy spfl rule your not allowed to play free games in front of spectators 

44 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

East Fife won 4 major trophies and are the most successful club in that region. They deserve more respect than getting tagged alongside a bunch of amateurs ffs. 😛😁

9 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Forfar played Dunfermline tonight and brechin played Arbroath last Saturday in friendlies both were £10and £5 to get in .so may be some set rule

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

As far as I know no one has ever been forced to go to any football match in the world maybe with the exception of North Korea . don't know but it may be some crazy spfl rule your not allowed to play free games in front of spectators 

And I missed the part where Hearts were obliged to give anyone anything for free because they think they earned it. If you don't want to go, then don't. Crying about it isn't going to make any difference.

the general
9 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Maybe some ex Soviet places too

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

East Fife won 4 major trophies and are the most successful club in that region. They deserve more respect than getting tagged alongside a bunch of amateurs ffs. 😛😁

Your just trying to wind me up now 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

And I missed the part where Hearts were obliged to give anyone anything for free because they think they earned it. If you don't want to go, then don't. Crying about it isn't going to make any difference.

I am going cause I don't mind giving a few quid to the club

the general
3 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Forfar played Dunfermline tonight and brechin played Arbroath last Saturday in friendlies both were £10and £5 to get in .so may be some set rule

Did we not have a free pre season game at the start of the Vlad era?

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

I am going cause I don't mind giving a few quid to the club

I'm also going because games in the sun are hard enough to come by. Should be a good day out in a beer garden too.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

It's part of our preparations to get Bonnyrigg up to speed for their League Cup game against Hibs the following weekend.

👍

26 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Ron the Con forces his son to attend H1b5 games, when he's back in Peru eating marmalade sandwiches. 

It should’ve been 12!

Was thinking about making the trip to methil on Tuesday (v East Fife). Long shot but does anyone know if there’s any supporters club buses running from Edinburgh. I was also looking at getting the x61 through but think the last bus back to Edinburgh is before full time and don’t think there’s a train either. Any advice would be most welcomed? Excluding don’t bother 😂👍🇱🇻