• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the general

• Rockwell

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

50 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm told that Hearts also have a game scheduled against Man United U23s at 1:30pm on 9 July. So Man Utd U18s, U23s and Bonnyrigg all on the same day.

Maybe it's at 5-a-sides. 

😃

11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

16th July ….. where’s the match??

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I think Lockes testimonial was supposed to be then, but its now the week after. I don't know why though.

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm told that Hearts also have a game scheduled against Man United U23s at 1:30pm on 9 July. So Man Utd U18s, U23s and Bonnyrigg all on the same day.

I wonder if Levitt will feature in the 23s match, good opportunity to have positive discussion in any case whilst getting some stern opposition

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What sort of team are we likely to see in this? Guys like Logan, Pollock, McGill?

I'd expect a mix of B team and U18 players.

I love/hate the pre-season friendlies.

Win big = "we learned nothing from that" "why are we wasting time with these diddies" "no gonnae sell many ticket for that pish eh"

Lose big = "we learned nothing from that" "why are we wasting time getting beat" "who's gonnae buy tickets to see hearts get beat"

:shark:

MaskedMarauder

1-0 Hearts. McGill penalty after 10 minutes. Mcfarlane in goals, Bailey Dall, Harry Gordon, Cammy Logan, Aiden Denholm, Scott McGill, Finlay Pollock, Murray Thomas and Jayden Ferguson. Unsure on another 2 who are playing CB and LM. Possibly McAuley Tait LM. 

Denholm, Dall and Logan impressed so far. Ferguson up top having a mare nothing sticking and has barely moved all game. Naisy losing the head at him frequently for being in offside positions

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

1-0 Hearts. McGill penalty after 10 minutes. Mcfarlane in goals, Bailey Dall, Harry Gordon, Cammy Logan, Aiden Denholm, Scott McGill, Finlay Pollock, Murray Thomas and Jayden Ferguson. Unsure on another 2 who are playing CB and LM. Possibly McAuley Tait LM. 

Denholm, Dall and Logan impressed so far. Ferguson up top having a mare nothing sticking and has barely moved all game. Naisy losing the head at him frequently for being in offside positions

I thought Logan looked decent before his injury. Good to see him back.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I thought Logan looked decent before his injury. Good to see him back.

So did Robbie it would seem from what he said at the start of last season.

MaskedMarauder

2-0 Hearts. Good finish by MacKenzie Kirk who came on at HT as a sub. Some great link up play and cracking finish into the bottom corner across the keeper. 

MaskedMarauder

3-0 Hearts. Another beautiful finish this time by Pollock. Neat little assist from Ferguson (who seems to have perked into life 2nd half since I said he’d had a mare) for his second assist of the game. He set up Kirk too for the last one. Nice little chipped finish from pollock over the keeper. 

Playing with Ferguson up top and Kirk and Pollock out wide on the wings. Looking good so far I have to say. Starting to look dangerous every time we venture forward this half

25 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

2-0 Hearts. Good finish by MacKenzie Kirk who came on at HT as a sub. Some great link up play and cracking finish into the bottom corner across the keeper. 

Kirk looks a player from what I've seen. 

weegie jambo

Re the East Fife game. Speaking to one of my sons in law who plays for EF, says they are in a real mess at the moment with no great recruitment and loads of kids as back up. Reckons we will stroll it on Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

4-0 hearts. Missed the goal and the scorer trying to get something to eat 😂 

MaskedMarauder oot😡

MaskedMarauder

Game finished 4-0 Hearts. First 60 minutes was the older set of players and then the youngsters seen the end of the game out. Stand outs for me were Cammy Logan at RB, Aiden Denholm in CM, MacKenzie Kirk who came on in the 2nd half and played a mix of RB/ST. A young lad came on towards the end and really impressed me too. Ginger haired CM who going by the Hearts website is Harvey Chisholm. Looked so composed on the ball in midfield. Very impressed by him. Going to try get to a lot of the u18 and B team games this year so he will be one I’ll keep an eye on 👍🏻

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Game finished 4-0 Hearts. First 60 minutes was the older set of players and then the youngsters seen the end of the game out. Stand outs for me were Cammy Logan at RB, Aiden Denholm in CM, MacKenzie Kirk who came on in the 2nd half and played a mix of RB/ST. A young lad came on towards the end and really impressed me too. Ginger haired CM who going by the Hearts website is Harvey Chisholm. Looked so composed on the ball in midfield. Very impressed by him. Going to try get to a lot of the u18 and B team games this year so he will be one I’ll keep an eye on 👍🏻

Cheers MM always keen to know how our youngsters are doing

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Appreciate your time & effort keeping us up to date though can I suggest you take your own pieces to the game so you provide comprehensive coverage next time !!😉

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Appreciate the info bud bud poor patter going for a pie in the middle of the game.  Think of  your waistline and fellow jambos. 

Footballfirst

Callum Sandilands got the 4th goal.

Hearts started with something close to what will be the B team (missing Kirk, Flatman, Watson) and finished with something close to what will be the U18 side for the coming season.

Speaking to a couple of folk this afternoon, it seems that all the youngsters have been told that no-one will be going out on loan for at least a couple of months. That will take us up to the end of the transfer window, when the club will be in a better position to judge who needs to stay and who they want to go out on loan.

I was told that the U18s have another friendly organised against Dalkeith on 13th July

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did we officially sign Jayden or is he still on trial?

Sure it was said we were taking a look at him

Really enjoyed the game, and all the guys played well. Sadly we haven’t found another Robbo but a convincing win in spite of all the changes.

Leveins Battalion
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Callum Sandilands got the 4th goal.

Hearts started with something close to what will be the B team (missing Kirk, Flatman, Watson) and finished with something close to what will be the U18 side for the coming season.

Speaking to a couple of folk this afternoon, it seems that all the youngsters have been told that no-one will be going out on loan for at least a couple of months. That will take us up to the end of the transfer window, when the club will be in a better position to judge who needs to stay and who they want to go out on loan.

I was told that the U18s have another friendly organised against Dalkeith on 13th July

They do pal at Kings Park.👍

Hearts Heritage

Jamboyouthreport

@jamboacademy51
Is the Twitter account to follow.

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

Jamboyouthreport

@jamboacademy51
Is the Twitter account to follow.

Thanks for that. I'll follow it and see how it goes. 

Footballfirst

The friendly against Linlithgow Rose on 23 July has been cancelled.

It's a sensible decision since the first team are playing Stoke and the B Team has their first competitive game against Berwick on the same day.

We_are_the_Hearts
13 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

What’s the setup with Tranmere tickets? Games in a week and nothing been said

Yip and nothing for Preston the week after!

22 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip and nothing for Preston the week after!

Was in ticket office Friday .they said as far as they know Preston will be pay at gate but that may change

aberhill jambo

New Bayview tomorrow night should be a good run out for the new boys

2000 capacity 

4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

What’s the setup with Tranmere tickets? Games in a week and nothing been said

Not sure if this is just home tickets

Got my ticket for the spartans game this Wednesday night & the bonnyrigg rose game on Saturday 😊

Eldest heading to Bayview but I told him save his money for Preston/Tranmere as it’s likely to be kids playing….

but I’m beginning to doubt that and I don’t want any grief if it’s a first team runout. 

Does anyone have any clue? Has anything been said in the press prematch?

Thanks 

It should’ve been 12!

I reckon it will be a mixture of first team and fringe players over both games, tomorrow night and then Spartans on wed.

I’m looking at transport options at the moment from the centre of Edinburgh to Bayview as I don’t drive. The last buses x 2 look like they would leave Bawbee Bridge at 21:27 (44A) then getting the x59A from Glenrothes at 22:25 - this would be really tight with the game finishing at around 21:20.

The next option is the 7 bus into Kirkcaldy then getting the train back through but the bus doesn’t seem to restart until 23:03 which is a bit of a wait around.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated - Thanks in advance. 👍🇱🇻

Edited by It should’ve been 12!

20 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

I reckon it will be a mixture of first team and fringe players over both games, tomorrow night and then Spartan on wed.

I’m looking at transport options at the moment from the centre of Edinburgh as I don’t drive. The last buses x 2 look like they would leave Bawbee Bridge at 21:27 (44A) then getting the x59A from Glenrothes at 22:25 - this would be really tight with the game finishing at 21:20.

The next option is the 7 bus into Kirkcaldy but that doesn’t seem to restart until 23:03 which is a bit of a wait around.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated - Thanks in advance. 👍🇱🇻

Leven bus station is about a 10 min walk from the ground (up to the main road, turn right and keep on walking, head over the bridge and you're there). 

I think there is an X61  to Edinburgh around 9.30 and 10.30 from the bus station if my memory hasn't failed me. There may be other options depending upon where you want to go. Try "Statgecoach Bus Planner".

EDIT - seems 9.30 is the last X61 - sorry

Edited by JTJ
Update

Yeah there is the 9:30pm express bus but that is the last direct one back to Edinburgh. 

The number 7 at approx 10pm will get into Kirkcaldy bus station around 10:45pm. The bus station is just a 5min walk from the train station. However you can actually get off prior to the bus station at the Adam Smith Theatre or the Methven House Care Home. Train station is just across the road, behind the Museum/Library.

Anyone going by bus should check the Stagecoach site in the afternoon though as believe there's been some services cancelled due to staff shortages.

It should’ve been 12!

Thanks guys, I had a look on Google maps directions and the number 7 back into Kirkcaldy at 10pm or so wasn’t showing for some reason and the 21:20 or so buses may be a bit tight after the match so looking for a concrete alternative.

Hopefully on the day the game tomorrow people have firmed up plans from Edinburgh they can share, I know a few will probably be taking the car though so could share petrol costs too if that worked for anyone 👍🇱🇻