Pre season friendlies

Clerry Jambo

been here before

Maybe with more notice we could have sold 34 tickets for Crawley as opposed to the 22 we'll shift.

As for Stoke as a testimonial :facepalm:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the general

• Rockwell

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

45 minutes ago, been here before said:

Maybe with more notice we could have sold 34 tickets for Crawley as opposed to the 22 we'll shift.

Looks like Crawley have sold 8 tickets

… if your prediction is correct (22) it could be the biggest away support in 22/23 as a percentage of the total crowd … 

That thing you do
On 07/07/2022 at 12:07, Footballfirst said:

Manchester United U23 and U18 squads are currently based at the Oriam.

Arsenal U18s are due to be up in the next week or two.

Burnley U18s are basing themselves at St Andrews.

Hearts (and Hibs?) will probably field sides against each of them.   

West Ham trained with United at St Andrews apparently

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we wanted a game there’s surely other teams we could’ve asked? Just seems a bit last minute, like the other two home friendlies. I think we normally do this a lot earlier than we have.
It doesn’t help local businesses plan either, now needing extra staff etc. 

I'm not convinced they'll need that many extra staff.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we wanted a game there’s surely other teams we could’ve asked? Just seems a bit last minute, like the other two home friendlies. I think we normally do this a lot earlier than we have.
It doesn’t help local businesses plan either, now needing extra staff etc. 

This ⬇️

58 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not convinced they'll need that many extra staff.

thegreatsd

I ordered tickets for the Rose game and Stoke game at the same time and chose the first class post option. These were ordered on the 1st of July. Still not received them in the post. I’m assuming I will need to go to the ticket office before the game or is there a way to change to a print at home option for todays game? Anyone else not received their tickets yet? 

John Findlay
10 hours ago, been here before said:

I humbly suggest you read up on the history of Stoke City football club. You just may surprise yourself.

To all you 40 year olds and below.

FOOTBALL DID NOT START WITH SKY TELEVISION IN 1992.

been here before
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I humbly suggest you read up on the history of Stoke City football club. You just may surprise yourself.

Im more than aware of the history of Stoke. Old Etonians have a decent history, a couple of FA Cup wins, runners up a few times. More succesful than Stoke infact. Hardly sets the pulse racing though do they?

Im not sure Stanley Mathews is still playing right enough, he'd get a few more bodies through the turnstyles.

No idea what your point is about 40 year olds and Sky.

Nookie Bear

Obviously this has been mentioned but why is Lockes testimonial not against Bonnyrigg?

Peebles moment for me?

been here before
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Obviously this has been mentioned but why is Lockes testimonial not against Bonnyrigg?

Peebles moment for me?

Because Stanley Mathews played for Stoke 75 years ago and football didnt start with Sky in 1992.

I would have thought Bradford would have been a good fit but that is just a very out of the loop view based on him playing for them after us 

Stoke are a decent sized club 

1 hour ago, thegreatsd said:

I ordered tickets for the Rose game and Stoke game at the same time and chose the first class post option. These were ordered on the 1st of July. Still not received them in the post. I’m assuming I will need to go to the ticket office before the game or is there a way to change to a print at home option for todays game? Anyone else not received their tickets yet? 

Same for me, purchased even earlier, didn't arrive so picking up at the ticket office today ... kinda ruins the point of paying for postage, but more of a Royal Mail problem.

henryheart
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Absolutely correct, football did not start with Sky, but even so, excluding the odd minor trophy or promotion, all Stoke City has won is the League Cup. I'm well over 40 and if you mention Stoke I think of Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton, Stanley Matthews and, of course, Ricardo Fuller! They may have had some great players but other than a great season in the mid 70s when they put in a reasonable challenge at the top of the league, as a team they have never been anything other than also-rans. Sorry if this offends, but if I am asked to describe Stoke City I would use one word; 'dull'.   

When Stoke visited Tynecastle in 1964 the great Stanley Matthews played. This was one of a series of friendlies Stoke played as an opportunity for people to see the last of Matthews before he retired (he was 49 at the time!). It would be great for Gary Locke if we could match the 10,000 crowd that turned out that night.

thegreatsd
1 hour ago, Superscot said:

Same for me, purchased even earlier, didn't arrive so picking up at the ticket office today ... kinda ruins the point of paying for postage, but more of a Royal Mail problem.

Thanks for the reply sir. My mrs just messaged to say they arrived in the post this morning. Cutting it a bit fine but pleased they’ve turned up!

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Because Stanley Mathews played for Stoke 75 years ago and football didnt start with Sky in 1992.

:lol: straight up!

15 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Crawley were meant to play someone else that wk but the other team cancelled so this has been arranged last minute 

5 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

I'm in exactly the same boat, unfortunately. Guess we will just have to head to the ticket office before the game. I saw a poster received his theirs, this morning. Our post normally arrives mid afternoon, so still hopeful they might come before we leave. 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would have thought Bradford would have been a good fit but that is just a very out of the loop view based on him playing for them after us 

Stoke are a decent sized club 

Sunderland’s a massive club! …just saying

Edited by SMJ_1874

Westfield Hearts
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts U18s lost 1-5 to Man Utd this morning.

U21s/B team to follow this afternoon.

Was there, well beat, Manu packed full with English internationals and at least one Scottish international.

20 minutes ago, haj said:

At the risk of sounding like a 3000 year old man…is there a cash gate today?

No

You have to go to ticket office to buy a ticket 

aberhill jambo

Sorted 

Going to stay on the Wirral Wednesday Thursday at the sisters house.

Tranmere game Wednesday wee swally Liverpool Thursday up the road Friday 

The Goalscoring Knee
2 hours ago, Goz said:
7 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

I'm in exactly the same boat, unfortunately. Guess we will just have to head to the ticket office before the game. I saw a poster received his theirs, this morning. Our post normally arrives mid afternoon, so still hopeful they might come before we leave. 

This seems to be becoming a regular occurrence, unfortunately. I had the same problem with a ticket for the Rangers game which was posted first class on the Tuesday evening and which finally arrived three days after the game. I wouldn't have minded but I'd bought it about three weeks before the game and they waited until the Tuesday before sending it out. Probably easier for them admin wise but with the state the Royal Mail's in these days you'd think they'd have sussed not to rely on it.

Footballfirst

The U21s/B Team lost 6-1 to Man Utd this afternoon. Again it was a fair reflection of the game, although three of the goals came in the last 5 minutes. Pollock scored for Hearts with a composed finish after Gordon had sent him through on goal.

John Findlay
On 09/07/2022 at 07:58, been here before said:

Im more than aware of the history of Stoke. Old Etonians have a decent history, a couple of FA Cup wins, runners up a few times. More succesful than Stoke infact. Hardly sets the pulse racing though do they?

Im not sure Stanley Mathews is still playing right enough, he'd get a few more bodies through the turnstyles.

No idea what your point is about 40 year olds and Sky.

No you wouldn't.

On 08/07/2022 at 01:18, Kiss my badge said:
Not got a lot going on this weekend so I'll be flying up from Birmingham for tomorrow's match. This will be my first chance to sit in the Main Stand since the legends in the stand wall was put in place, does anyone here know if there is public access to the wall?  

Thanks in advance. 

I doubt you will get down there. It is just across the hall from the dressing room. When I was back in Edinburgh in April/May this year I booked a lunch table in the Skyview restaurant for my wife and I. On the online booking request it asked if I had any special requests. So I said that I would like to see the wall and get a picture of my name from it. The lady who greeted us at the restaurant could not have been more accommodating. Even though she did not know exactly where the wall was she got a hold of the tour guide who told her where to take us. 
Even allowed us to tag along with a tour that was in progress. Got into the dressing room too. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 09/07/2022 at 13:00, Footballfirst said:

Hearts U18s lost 1-5 to Man Utd this morning.

U21s/B team to follow this afternoon.

Any One you would recommend from the Man Utd  young team worth us having a look at?

who scored our goal?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Any One you would recommend from the Man Utd  young team worth us having a look at?

who scored our goal?

Posted above who scored. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

who scored our goal?

Man Utd U18s had several quality players some of whom looked good enough to be in Hearts first team.

Gus Stevenson scored for the U18s, Finlay Pollock for the B Team

Edited by Footballfirst

Doctor FinnBarr
On 09/07/2022 at 12:53, SMJ_1874 said:

Sunderland’s a massive club! …just saying

But do Stoke do hot dog sausages in burger buns?

Jambo 4 Ever
11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Posted above who scored. 

I don’t think it was mate but they have kindly replied with the answer above now 

Jambo 4 Ever
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Man Utd U18s had several quality players some of whom looked good enough to be in Hearts first team.

Gus Stevenson scored for the U18s, Finlay Pollock for the B Team

Many thanks 

Its a good away trip/game for Stoke to be fair. Would expect a good travelling support. Hopefully we get a good attendance in our end.

Doctor FinnBarr
12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Its a good away trip/game for Stoke to be fair. Would expect a good travelling support. Hopefully we get a good attendance in our end.

Sold 500 tickets already according to a Stoke forum I looked at. Most seem to be making a weekend of it.

Is anyone going down to Birkenhead on Wednesday and if so what are your travel arrangements? I’ve booked a half day off work for this and plan on driving down, leaving at 1pm with a few stops en route. Wonder if we’ll have a decent support for this or are the majority going to Preston the week after? 

the general
8 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Is anyone going down to Birkenhead on Wednesday and if so what are your travel arrangements? I’ve booked a half day off work for this and plan on driving down, leaving at 1pm with a few stops en route. Wonder if we’ll have a decent support for this or are the majority going to Preston the week after? 

It all seems quite quiet on this one

8 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I thought 2,000 or so hard core always went to these games but I may be wide of the mark.

the general
46 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought 2,000 or so hard core always went to these games but I may be wide of the mark.

Not on a Wednesday night I don't think

1 hour ago, the general said:

It all seems quite quiet on this one

Yeh I’ve asked a few of my mates and they’re not going. A few are going the following week to Preston though. I’ve booked a half day off so I’ll be there to give my new Hearts top an airing at least. I’m sure there’ll be a few hundred or so making the trip, at least I hope there will be 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Yeh I’ve asked a few of my mates and they’re not going. A few are going the following week to Preston though. I’ve booked a half day off so I’ll be there to give my new Hearts top an airing at least. I’m sure there’ll be a few hundred or so making the trip, at least I hope there will be 

Going also but still no announcement on tickets.