***** Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread *****

cookieboy

Rocky jamboa

Today has no bearing whatsoever on next week. 

Was still a weird team selection from Robbie. Should have done what rangers did and played fringe players and the kids. 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Don Dan

• RudiSkacel51

indianajones

Imagine coming on to your rivals board after the season your own team has had just so stick the boot in a bit after a game that meant NOTHING. 

Rats. Rats everywhere. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dunno about that but they certainly won't lose them for nothing like we did Souttar 😉

**** me, you love it when we get beat. 

jambopilms
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

What today 😂😂

You said all season. 

You think you are making a valid point about the failings of Neilson because we got beat while nursing back long term injuries and making sure nobody else got injured. You not. Your making an arse of yourself. Why don't you disappear again until we go on a losing run that actually means anything because Robbie has a lot of credit in the bank for this season, unfortunately for you.

Angel eyes

Can’t win really nothing to play for become lethargic, but we achieved what we’d for hoped 3rd+Europe but if we’d huffed & puffed and everything still up for grabs folk would be moaning that we should have this wrapped up so being on easy street is no just the best o ideas…..Rangers have the advantage for next weekend whether a mid week cup final or no.

Bongo 1874
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

**** me, you love it when we get beat. 

Thought lowry had a good game as did Cedric. 

I'm not bedwetting, pishing my pants or greeting but that was shite and a bit concerning for the final. It's a different game and all that but we should be doing better there. 

8 minutes ago, chrisg8 said:

3 defeats in a row build up to the final, hopefully we get lucky 🙏 

Every time we've won the cup we've had a shocking run of games before winning it IIRC

jambopilms

Starting Souter and Halkett will be a risk as they will both be rusty but the alternative is scary. Smith should be on the bench he isn't fit or sharp enough.

PapaShango
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie hasn't managed a win over Rangers all season 👍

Pretty sure in 97-98 we didn’t beat either of the OF in the league and still won the cup. In 96 we pumped Rangers at Ibrox and got our arsed handed to us at Hampden. Next weeks what it’s all about and will be completely different to today. 

PapaShango
Just now, jambopilms said:

Starting Souter and Halkett will be a risk as they will both be rusty but the alternative is scary. Smith should be on the bench he isn't fit or sharp enough.

Both have to start for me no chance we are winning with the alternatives. 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Every time we've won the cup we've had a shocking run of games before winning it IIRC

One win in 7 leading up to the 98 final. 

thegreatsd
10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nah He was smiling was he not? I was right at the front and I think it was more affection from McCulloch and encouragement 

Hopefully you’re right sir and I have picked it up wrong. 👍🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Bounce game on Tuesday should help 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Smith should be sitting in the stand

PapaShango
15 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Didn’t like the look of Devlin on the lap of honour at the end. Looked quite upset and Mcculloch appeared to be consoling him. Suspect he’s out for next week. Hope I’ve read that wrong. Anyone else see this?

Looked fine to me. Suspect the plan all along was for him to play 45 minutes. 

jambopilms
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Both have to start for me no chance we are winning with the alternatives. 

I agree but I wouldn't be surprised if if see a number of mistakes from either of them

4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Let’s hold back, shirk out of challenges. Get injuries and a hammering, yeh that’s great for confidence 

Hearts should play every game with the intention of winning, Rangers definitely will, don’t be surprised if Rangers have a strong side out today

Aye you know yer football eh! 🤔

Bazzas right boot

It's good to see the return of some posters. 

At least they are having fun. 

Hopefully after a win next week we don't hear from again until our first defeat next season. 

What was with the pre match techno/house music btw? 

And 'No Queen at Hampden' might be the strangest chant I've ever heard 🤣

Captain Lithuania
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fans want to be there, I think a few know with Robbie in charge we have got 

But I hope I'm wrong 👍

Robbie who has oversaw this really good season from us? Who got us to two finals in two years? That Robbie?

🤡

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Too many huns seated next to me 🤢

Just wait until next week ………… Hearts supporters that get them tickets are arse holes

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Looked fine to me. Suspect the plan all along was for him to play 45 minutes. 

Devlin definitely took a sore one on the edge of our box in the first half. 😏

29 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This has been a huge mistake by Robbie, Playing our first team and losing to an under 18's side is nothing short of a disaster. Yes there are places up for grabs but our first team SHOULD be blowing them away, but have shown nothing. Dismissing this as a nothing game is also wrong as we have shown our hand, a nothing game would have been our reserves and those coming back from injury. Our only hope is their first team is totally nackered but then all he has to do is play the under 18's and we will once again struggle.

**** off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not one thing that happened today will matter next week bar how niggly Boyce’s groin is. If we lose 10-0 or win 5-0 it will NOT be because of todays game We never even got into first gear today. There was rightly no intensity , no physicality and the result matters not a ****ing jot. 

It was a nothing game. If you cant see that and other people on the thread or jkb in general continue to be ridiculous thats on you lot. Enjoy your miserableness

22 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Didn’t like the look of Devlin on the lap of honour at the end. Looked quite upset and Mcculloch appeared to be consoling him. Suspect he’s out for next week. Hope I’ve read that wrong. Anyone else see this?

Thought he was struggling towards half time

23 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Or his last game at Tynecastle maybe 

The one positive is that was a right kick up the arse for our players!

Kirky Jambo
7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm not bedwetting, pishing my pants or greeting but that was shite and a bit concerning for the final. It's a different game and all that but we should be doing better there. 

Exactly, too many people see things as totally black or white.

Mildly annoyed and concerned at the lack of effort/confidence today and it’s hardly idea preparation, but next week anything could happen.

what I really don’t understand is the p1ss poor efforts of the likes of GMS who should be busting a gut to impress.

HeartsandonlyHearts
41 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Correct, it'll be about 5 or 6 next week.

We have played our way into awful form since the split (utd aside) and it's difficult to get out of that.

I doubt we’ll score 5 🤪

Whatever team we put out today, worst case scenario was a strong Hearts getting beat by a Rangers reserves. That happened.

Next week is different.

As well as fitness, any bounce game this week should concentrate on cross balls (awful today) and holding the ball up.

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fans want to be there, I think a few know with Robbie in charge we have got 

But I hope I'm wrong 👍

Of course. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not one thing that happened today will matter next week bar how niggly Boyce’s groin is. If we lose 10-0 or win 5-0 it will NOT be because of todays game We never even got into first gear today. There was rightly no intensity , no physicality and the result matters not a ****ing jot. 

It was a nothing game. If you cant see that and other people on the thread or jkb in general continue to be ridiculous thats on you lot. Enjoy your miserableness

Exactly, it was a training session. It’s a massive game next weekend for these players, they won’t get too many cup finals in their careers last think they’d be doing today was flying into tackles. 

In comparison we’re playing against a group of players trying to get into the squad for two cup finals.

Some folk need to take a deep breath.

Can't help but feel a bit worried. We looked done today and it feels like we have peaked. Rangers on the other hand have momentum behind them and if they win midweek, that only grows. Form is everything and ours isn't great going into next week. Need a massive lift and a special performance.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My view of the last couple of games and today:

- we’ve set out to try and win but the line ups have been experimental if not at least not rhe team that will start next week

- today was about players getting minutes

- yes we shouldn’t have lost another goal

to a team half full of teenagers but it was more important that the players who haven’t played for 1 or 2 months got “a bounce match” and some time on the pitch 

- I can’t remember the last time we beat Rangers 2 games in a row so to be honest I’d rather go into the final not having to do that to win it.

But it was a shit performance and result and vaguely embarrassing however I don’t think it has any impact on next week.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

PapaShango
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

Can't help but feel a bit worried. We looked done today and it feels like we have peaked. Rangers on the other hand have momentum behind them and if they win midweek, that only grows. Form is everything and ours isn't great going into next week. Need a massive lift and a special performance.

Get what your saying but it’s a cup final. Hibs got scudded out the play offs by Falkirk before they won it so it should t have any impact on how we play next week. Robbie will have had a plan in place since we beat Hibs it’s now time to execute it big time 

KyleLafferty

**** me, the players were just out for a run about today. People looking far too much into it. Result means nothing.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Exactly, it was a training session. It’s a massive game next weekend for these players, they won’t get too many cup finals in their careers last think they’d be doing today was flying into tackles. 

In comparison we’re playing against a group of players trying to get into the squad for two cup finals.

Some folk need to take a deep breath.

And hold it until they pass out…..

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just wait until next week ………… Hearts supporters that get them tickets are arse holes

Spot on.

Pasquale for King

It was a nothing game really but there was no excuse for some of the ball watching and poor defending against a b team. Can see us scoring next week but also losing a few. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player who earns £400k a week before but he was largely anonymous, as was the alleged €25-40 million Man Utd loanee. 

Percival King
35 minutes ago, Jambo RGT said:

Was a good goal by Haring with nice build up play by Simms. Other than that we looked a team very low on confidence and with little desire. 

Didn't look to me like a team very low on confidence and there's no reason why they should be very low on confidence, I think our squad are tougher than that. If there was little desire then it was caused by saving themselves for the main event. 

I'm no more and no less confident about next week after today's game.

slashishere
11 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Won 1 in 5 prior to 2012 and 1 in 7 prior to 98

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

One win in 7 leading up to the 98 final. 

I feel better already.

:rofl:

Fitzroy Pointon
45 minutes ago, chrisg8 said:

3 defeats in a row build up to the final, hopefully we get lucky 🙏 

Two against the OF that we probably would have lost in most league games anyway. 

Danny Wilde

A scunner and we need to be way more competitive with rantic next season. No need for gloom though, so many seasons where our league results and cup performances didn't tally.

1996 scudded the huns 3-0 & 2-0 in preceding league games, but got humbled 5-1 in the final. 1998 1 pt from 12 in huns games, including 2-5 & 0-3 scuddings at home, that last one only weeks before our glorious 2-1 day in the sun. Other times: 1998 lost 2-1 to Celtic in the semi, beat them next week at Tynie...won the "wrong" game. More recently: 2 finals v Celtic in past 3 years in which we were highly competitive, toe-to-toe, should certainly have won 1 of them.

Aye scunnered today, but we're not playing Real Madrid next week. If we have a performance we can win. Over to Robbie and the team now to come up with it.

Edited by Danny Wilde

What’s the chat with Boyce? Didn’t look too bad tbh 

Why did we start so many of our first team and why did Soutar and Halkett get only 20 mins or so? Would it not have been better to give them a half? On saying that Soutar look ready tbh 

Smith is miles off starting next week sadly 

52 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Yes, looked pretty clear that’s what was going on.  Usually Devlin would be the joker during a lap of honour. 

If we win it will not matter a jot but some of our players making a claim for a start oooooooooooooooooft

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a nothing game really but there was no excuse for some of the ball watching and poor defending against a b team. Can see us scoring next week but also losing a few. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player who earns £400k a week before but he was largely anonymous, as was the alleged €25-40 million Man Utd loanee. 

Joel Pereira was on 20k a week, previous post was way off

Edited by Sertse
Thought he was on 90k a week lol!