• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Anyone going to this game should get double loyalty points 

Anyone going to this game should be sectioned.

Currently on a run of 21 games without a win away to Celtic in all competitions.  1 draw and 20 defeats.  Last win was a 1-0 League Cup quarter final in 2009, a Michael Stewart pen.

In league games only, it's been 24 games since our last win.  3 draws and 21 defeats.  Last league win was 3-1 in 2007, Ivaskevicius, Driver and Pospisil.

You could say we are overdue a win 🙄

Anyone fancying a speculative flutter, Liam Boyce has scored in 3 of our last 5 games against them.

I see that we have the clown Nick Walsh in the middle for the game. Another one off the conveyor of crap that sums up the standard of referees here. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I see that we have the clown Nick Walsh in the middle for the game. Another one off the conveyor of crap that sums up the standard of referees here. 

Robbie may as well just start the game sitting in the stand

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Hearts player fouled in the Celtic box in front of Walsh who has a clear view from afew yards.   No penalty to Hearts.    Lino doesn't raise a flag. 

Foul in Hearts box on Celtic player.   Vision has  obstacles of several players with very little chance of determining a foul.    He gives it!   It's a penalty.    He must have consulted the lino.    

Something like that. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Bet365 is at 10/1 on us winning and if I didn't have a hard line myself on betting I would absolutely take that.

We are winning this.

43 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We are winning this.

A bold statement, our record there is absolutely pish.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, smiler said:

I'm aware. We're due.

Result not important in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll take a narrow defeat, decent performance, no injuries and no red cards

On 04/05/2022 at 17:33, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone going received their tickets in the mail yet? 

My sons didn’t arrive 

I’m heading to TO now

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

My sons didn’t arrive 

I’m heading to TO now

Thankfully mine arrived yesterday. Postie just came later than usual.

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

My sons didn’t arrive 

I’m heading to TO now

Any update? Not sure how much the club can do about away tickets as theres no option to reprint or anything.

A great chance for Sibbick and Moore to test themselves against tough opposition. Until Souttar and Halkett are back, those cup final spots are still up for grabs. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

7V0eXCUz_x96.jpg

Robbie Neilson confirms John Souttar, Cammy Devlin and Michael Smith are back in full training and will be in the Hearts squad to face Celtic tomorrow.

Thought so.

We're treating this as a trial run-out for the final.

Also guarantee at least two of those three don't play the full 90.

EDIT:

Also, if any of the three plays, it's going to be Souttar. He has so much personally to gain for next year by being the player who stretched out the title race just a little longer.

Edited by Led Tasso

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

A great chance for Sibbick and Moore to test themselves against tough opposition. Until Souttar and Halkett are back, those cup final spots are still up for grabs. 

Are they ****. 

Halkett, Souttar, Kingsley or Smith get in that team every day of the week if fit over them atm. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Are they ****. 

Halkett, Souttar, Kingsley or Smith get in that team every day of the week if fit over them atm. 

Obviously, but Souttar is made of chocolate and Halkett suffered a really bad injury so is touch and go whether he makes it. 

I think this gives them something to play for.  I'm basically saying, until our first choice is back, they're not back and that I hope both Moore and Sibbick are trying to showcase why they should be in the final team - What if Souttar makes it but Halkett doesn't or Souttar breaks down again and Halkett is barely fit? Important we have genuine options and if Sibbick and Moore have nothing to play for, it could be lambs to the slaughter. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Obviously, but Souttar is made of chocolate and Halkett suffered a really bad injury so is touch and go whether he makes it. 

I think this gives them something to play for.  I'm basically saying, until our first choice is back, they're not back and that I hope both Moore and Sibbick are trying to showcase why they should be in the final team - What if Souttar makes it but Halkett doesn't or Souttar breaks down again and Halkett is barely fit? Important we have genuine options and if Sibbick and Moore have nothing to play for, it could be lambs to the slaughter. 

If Sibbick and Moore both start I'm writing the game off. 

Just go for the bevvy 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Sibbick and Moore both start I'm writing the game off. 

Just go for the bevvy 

I'm trying to be positive :D 

Skacelsid

Think our back three will be a five, in preparation for the final, where Tavenier and Kent will be their wide threat, would stick Simms ( if fit ) and Gino up front for this one, as a twin out ball threat, as we will be pinned back for spells whether we like it or not. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Correct.

Celtic's home record isn't too bad.  They're undefeated in 17, won 14, drawn 3 and conceded 5 goals.

This might not be as easy as we think. 😂❤❤❤❤

cookieboy
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Celtic's home record isn't too bad.  They're undefeated in 17, won 14, drawn 3 and conceded 5 goals.

This might not be as easy as we think. 😂❤❤❤❤

aye we might only win 1 nil 

Big test tomorrow if we want to win the cup. We need to show up and not bottle it. 

Aussie Jambo

I had a dream last night that we beat Celtic 1-0. Funnily I was back home in Auld Reekie and listening to Radio Forth in my house I grew up in. Just put my correct score bet on.. stranger shit has happened. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Big test tomorrow if we want to win the cup. We need to show up and not bottle it. 

Tommorrows result has no bearing on the cup. 

None at all. 

If we win it or get beat 5-0 it won't impact the final. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm trying to be positive :D 

Grand job too. 👍

Rocky jamboa

In some ways, this is a good test before the final. Also, if we get anything from it, it gives rangers a glimmer of hope for the league so they need to keep pushing. 

On the other hand, I couldn't care less and hope we keep everyone fresh and injury free for the final! 

Off topic but I reckon the Rangers league game will be a really cagey affair.  It's even more critical for them to avoid injuries.  I think we'll win it.

Not too optimistic about this. They move the ball so quickly when they play well. We need to stop that as their manager has them playing clever and letting the ball do the work for them. 

JimmyCant
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not too optimistic about this. They move the ball so quickly when they play well. We need to stop that as their manager has them playing clever and letting the ball do the work for them. 

If the ball is doing the work, how come they’re always blowing out their arses after 60 minutes ?

Personally I  think they go all guns until the tank is empty. Usually the game will be done by then, but if you can stay in it till the hour mark you’ve got a chance

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If the ball is doing the work, how come they’re always blowing out their arses after 60 minutes ?

Personally I  think they go all guns until the tank is empty. Usually the game will be done by then, but if you can stay in it till the hour mark you’ve got a chance

I think it was Jota in an interview that basically said this earlier this week. Ange's philosophy is it's no problem if you're blowing out your ass after an hour if you're up three by then, so damn the torpedoes and run over the opponent.

The problem is stopping them. We've beat them once already at Tynecastle and played them close at Celtic Park. If they're on their best game, it's likely beyond us, but I think they'll be off it a good bit.

44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s now many they can be up by in 60 minutes that’s the issue. So we have to play defensive until 60 minutes? Then we get the accusations of Robbie Ball from some people? 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s now many they can be up by in 60 minutes that’s the issue. So we have to play defensive until 60 minutes? Then we get the accusations of Robbie Ball from some people? 

You really can't even sit against them though. They just swarm forward until you've got 9 players in your own box constantly.

Robbie's tried a disruptive midfield with a high back line against them but the players get scared and start to sit off. Not a bad tactic if we actually stick to it.

RudiSkacel51

Hopefully a 90th minute winner from McKay so he can get it right up them and send their wee bigot pea brains into absolute meltdown. 

PapaShango
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

None at all. 

Correct we got tanked 5-0 through there the week before the 2012 final. Hopefully we play well and put on some kind of performance. 

Rogue Daddy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61347917

Man accused of throwing cup at Hearts' Barrie McKay appears in court

...that's nice. A man (singular) is accused of throwing a cup (singular) at McKay in THAT game against them earlier in the season. I watched that game and if my mind serves me right there were 100's of missiles launched at McKay with no protection from the stewards or that pr1ck madden. Yet another 'token' gesture.... which is actually still more than I expected. More top notch reporting from the GBC.

I hope we feckin scud them today!

FTSPFL FTOF FTH

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

None at all. 

We lost 5-0 at Celtic the week before 19/05/12.

We rested players then iirc

Nobody gave a toss, then as now it was all about the Cup Final. 

jambopilms

They are unbeaten in 29 league games. A draw is our best chance but even then that's only if Celtic have an awful game by their standards.

It won't matter one bit if we play a high line, press, attack, sit deep or whatever, if they play reasonably well they win.

I'm not sure getting run ragged if a good way to get Smith,Souter ,Devlin game time.

Edited by jambopilms

Tuco Salamanca
On 05/05/2022 at 23:11, smiler said:

Wonder what out stats are compared to other teams  that have scraped points at parkheed.

For the first time I think we're in for a hiding. I hope I'm wrong but playing against 12 men and a stadium with 50000 inbred bigots waving tricolours makes for an unpleasant feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

TuckerCarlsonsToupee

I never really believe that we will win against the Old Firm.  Home or away.  League or Cup.  As Sophie Ellis-Bextor told us all in her theaudience days, "A Pessimist is Never Disappointed".  But it isn't really pessimism, it's realism, or acceptance.  The gulf is too great for it to be viewed as a genuinely competitive sporting contest.  You need them to be as poor as they can be, for us to be as good as we can be, for the referee to be as fair as he can be and to have all of your best players available, just to stand a chance.  And yet...and yet...there is always that little bit of you that thinks, "Maybe".  

Some people want us to "have a go", some are happy to try and "contain".  We have tried both without either bringing any sort of consistent success.  If Gordon plays well, if Sibbick and Moore stay calm, if McKay has one of "those" matches, if Boyce turns back the clock and if Simms performs, then we have a chance.  But all of that has to happen.

4-0 Hearts. 

indianajones

Didn't know this was on the TV. 

I'd be happy if Robbie plays some fringe players for this one. 

All this game should be seen as is a fitness exercise for our returning players. 

Couldn't give a toss if we are 4-0 down at half time. Give Devlin, Souttar and Smith 30-45 mins run out. 

This would also be the last time we see CG before the cup final if it was up to me.

stirlingshirejambo
31 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Not looking forward to this.

Just on train and having said I wasn’t really fussed about result I absolutely do care now. Would love to sneak something from this game

Jambos_1874
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

All this game should be seen as is a fitness exercise for our returning players. 

Couldn't give a toss if we are 4-0 down at half time. Give Devlin, Souttar and Smith 30-45 mins run out. 

This would also be the last time we see CG before the cup final if it was up to me.

I get what you're saying and agree in part, but I hope we fare better than that as I'll be at the match!! I think RN wants us to be as competitive as possible, maintaining a winning mentality and trying to involve players who will start in the final. Let's see what team he puts out but I definitely don't want to see us get humped, particularly as we have been competitive against them this season. I am going to be optimistic and think we can win today, depending what team he plays.

Edited by Jambos_1874