*****Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

Play the reserves, they need a point to win the league they’re going into this fully committed and even our full strength first team going up against them in this scenario would be a tough ask. Why risk injuries? And if anyone raises the sporting integrity question we’ll point them right back to our demotion and tell them to **** right off.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Think this might be my Ten in a row . We are winning 1/0 . Simms in the 85th minute . 

If you cookieboy get this one right 🤞🏻I think we should be using some of our budget to make you full time 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

The Gorgie

You'd have to be off your head to pay the 30 odd quid to watch us get pumped in a meaningless game.

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

Been a long time since we won there in the league, and I think the wait will go on. 3 or 4 for Celtic easily.

gashauskis9

I don’t think we’ll start resting players, other than those carrying injuries, until Motherwell at the earliest.  I’d expect a similar 11 to Saturday, with Halliday perhaps in for Woodburn. 

I was hoping guys like Devlin, Smith and Souttar could be eased back in, but it’s not looking good now.  I must admit I don’t like the idea of having three players starting their first competitive game in a couple of months in a cup final.  I’m really nervous about how we’re treating Simms as well.  We look utter guff in attack without him, so I’d be focusing on him being as fit as possible for the final.  **** risking him over the next couple of weeks.  

Having seen the last 2 old firm games and even our last two games against them, Celtic come out all guns blazing however if teams are still in the game around 70 minutes they definitely begin to tire. So if we're still in the game at that point then it's time to have a go. Saying that I think we'll probably rest some players so don't see us being within a goal by that point, however it's definitely something to look at next season for sure.

Hectormasson
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Send a C team and don't take any tickets. Feck being part of this shite,or take any risks, let's concentrate on the final. Feck Celtic.

Totally , put out a weaker side,let's think about strongest cup line up ,we've done our bit for the season  let's just be ready for our big one......

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Totally , put out a weaker side,let's think about strongest cup line up ,we've done our bit for the season  let's just be ready for our big one......

If Robbie did that than the club would no doubt get fined as we would be deemed to be helping them win the league.

cookieboy
3 hours ago, maggieb said:

If you cookieboy get this one right 🤞🏻I think we should be using some of our budget to make you full time 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

🥰

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If Robbie did that than the club would no doubt get fined as we would be deemed to be helping them win the league.

You can't fine a club for using different players ffs. 

Robbie may see an integrity issue here and not be seen as handing the title to another club.  Despite that, I think he'll stay with the fringy players like Woodburn rather that blood two or three youngsters.

TexasAndy

Celtic can throw everything at this game whereas we have to keep one eye on the cup final in terms of key players fitness.   Just glad it's an early kick off to get it out the way and move on.  

KyleLafferty

Gordon

Natty Moore Sibbick Cochrane

Haring Woodburn

Mckay Boyce GMS

Gino

Smith to get minutes.

Edited by KyleLafferty

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I am sure it has been done before.  Any excuse to fine us is always welcome at the SFA/SPFL.

Aussie Jambo

After watching old firm highlights. Celtic still doing the 40 minutes at 100% attack & 100mph. Second half sevco should have pumped them but couldn’t score. Does seem that this is Smeltics strategy just now. I say we let the reserves & subs play. We will be under a lot of attacking plays. We’ll do well to not get 4 against us. The last game was depressing enough. So my prediction is 🤷‍♂️ I dunno. Too hard basket. Keep the good players for the cup. A few decent injuries to the Smeltic loons would also be good. Where’s Pasquale Bruno when you need him?images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIWQV4roeYUVfNd45iw19

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQs-ODeXAkZZ1ycnyWlqt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1z9vwQVEGTqABPBJN4-v🤪🤪🤛

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Extract from the powers that be rules below.

Teams for League Matches and Play-Off Matches G14 Each Club shall play its full-strength team in all League Matches and Play-Off Matches.

Aussie Jambo
34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Teams for League Matches and Play-Off Matches G14 Each Club shall play its full-strength team in all League Matches and Play-Off Matches.

Surely it’s up to the manager to pick his own team? Our full team is almost out injured. So the others should be automatic full team whatever that means.

SFA

Stupid ****ing Arseholes. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Typo

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We'd just say the players were carrying a knock. 

Not enforceable in any way at all. 

We wouldn't get fined. No Chance. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Pans Jambo

Sadly, I see a dry humping for us. Half our first team will be rested (or not back from injury) and celtic will be desperate to wrap up the league. 4-1 celtic 🤮

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Posters on here who watch Hearts every week can't agree on our strongest team so how could some GFA blazer, who knows f-all about football decide if we are playing our best starting eleven 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Play the reserves, they need a point to win the league they’re going into this fully committed and even our full strength first team going up against them in this scenario would be a tough ask. Why risk injuries? And if anyone raises the sporting integrity question we’ll point them right back to our demotion and tell them to **** right off.

They can’t mathematically win the league on Saturday, Rangers need to lose or draw or Sunday for that to happen thankfully. 

14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Posters on here who watch Hearts every week can't agree on our strongest team so how could some GFA blazer, who knows f-all about football decide if we are playing our best starting eleven 

It was a tongue in cheek comment by me but nothing would surprise me with those at our governing body.

It has always been a controvertial rule and a similar one has been used in England but I think more for mickey mouse cup games.

Makes you wonder though why the rule is there in the first place when it would be almost impossible to determine what any teams strongest lineup is when taking injuries and future games etc into account

My thoughts are that it is there really to stop an unfair advantage being given to  benefit another club. You know the Dundee, Celtic type of relationship type.!!!

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment by me but nothing would surprise me with those at our governing body.

It has always been a controvertial rule and a similar one has been used in England but I think more for mickey mouse cup games.

Makes you wonder though why the rule is there in the first place when it would be almost impossible to determine what any teams strongest lineup is when taking injuries and future games etc into account

My thoughts are that it is there really to stop an unfair advantage being given to  benefit another club. You know the Dundee, Celtic type of relationship type.!!!

Something like that would never happen in Scottish football 🙄

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Natty Moore Sibbick Cochrane

Haring Woodburn

Mckay Boyce GMS

Gino

Smith to get minutes.

This lineup with Simms getting a lot of the second half when they inevitably tire.

Flatten it out to almost a 4-5-1  with a high and tight back line early when they’re looking feisty.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Something like that would never happen in Scottish football 🙄

Of course not.😍

No Idle Talk

This will be a defeat. Hopefully we can avoid it being a heavy one.

More importantly, I hope we can get through this match without any more of our important players picking up injuries. 

I just want to get this one over with and move on. 

weegie jambo

I don't know why folk are predicting a heavy defeat. So far this season in the league we have beaten them 2-1 at home, been the width of a post off a 2-2 draw and succumbed to a 1-0 offside goal away. Have faith Jambo's, we're winning this one!

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

I don't know why folk are predicting a heavy defeat. So far this season in the league we have beaten them 2-1 at home, been the width of a post off a 2-2 draw and succumbed to a 1-0 offside goal away. Have faith Jambo's, we're winning this one!

The fatalism around here for this one is really depressing. They've got the title mostly in the bag and they'll be on an OF derby hangover. We might not beat them, and yeah, I'm not going to put even steven money on us at the bookies, but this is a fan's forum, why are folk being so morose about this?

Geoff Kilpatrick
57 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The fatalism around here for this one is really depressing. They've got the title mostly in the bag and they'll be on an OF derby hangover. We might not beat them, and yeah, I'm not going to put even steven money on us at the bookies, but this is a fan's forum, why are folk being so morose about this?

No one is morose. One game matters now for the rest of the season. So while it is fantastic to beat Septic at any time, any loss is a shoulder shrug. More important is zero injuries.

Watt-Zeefuik
50 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one is morose. One game matters now for the rest of the season. So while it is fantastic to beat Septic at any time, any loss is a shoulder shrug. More important is zero injuries.

We can't go into the final after five weeks of half-arsing it though. The Parkhead game is ideal go for a win, then rest up for the next two.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

We can't go into the final after five weeks of half-arsing it though. The Parkhead game is ideal go for a win, then rest up for the next two.

We didn't half arse it in the last two games. Our finishing against Ross County let us down but we should have won that game.

The Treasurer

Anyone else not received their tickets for this yet ?

I ordered over a week ago and still not received it.

I know the TO are busy just now but they can't be overrun with requests for tickets for this game

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

We often get scudded in Glasgow. 

In both games at parkhead this season we were blown away the first half, barley touched the ball. 

I'll predict a heavy defeat here but predict a 2-1 in the final v rangers, despite getting hammered 5-0 at Ibrox last time out.

This game means way more to them than it does us. 

Football is a funny by game. 

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Celtic may see this week's game as less important than it may seem. As others have pointed out, they can't win the league by defeating us. But a point is enough to put them 1 victory, against either Dundee Utd away or Motherwell at Parkhead, away from the title. I can't see them dropping points against either. So they may feel that a draw against us is fine. The league is still theirs to lose. I think we might sneak a point. (Then again we may get horsed!)

Edited by Bickfest

I'm starting to think we'll trounce them 4-0.

Chardonnay moment.

Bedtime for silly old gits.

portobellojambo1

Going through with the thinking that Celtic are confident they will win the league and don't have to overtry on Saturday, reducing the chance of injury to our players in the lead up to the cup final.

Phil D. Corners

I want to see the team to use this as practice for next our next trip to Glasgow. I don’t want this mind set that it’s okay to go west and take a beating. 

0-0 defensive display would be good. Also keeps Rangers in the title race and means they can’t take their foot of the gas and rest players. 

Nice defensive training session for us.

Clean sheet for CG😋

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I know the TO are busy just now but they can't be overrun with requests for tickets for this game

don't worry everyone, ticket has arrived in the post this morning.

I know you were all really concerned 😪

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Saves me contacting our SC secretary to make sure our ticket request is in as it ain't showing on e-tickets yet, although the tickets for Motherwell game already show.

The Apprentice

I'm sure the commentator during the OF game at the weekend said Celtic had only lost 4 of their last 114 home league games. They'll be out of the traps quickly as usual so if we weather the initial storm you never know. Their tempo does seem to noticeably drop as games progress.

Ach what the hell... 2-2 draw.

JimmyCant
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct. In any case, if we’re going to beat Celtic at Parkhead, I’d rather it was in a game that actually meant something. Let’s just go there, try our best obviously and if we get beat 3 or 4, it doesn’t matter one iota to us

BRAVEHEART1874

Star I mean arsefelt is really bad. I am looking for Ginelly or atkinson getting past him down the right wing instead of them just cutting inside ;)

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We often get scudded in Glasgow. 

In both games at parkhead this season we were blown away the first half, barley touched the ball. 

I'll predict a heavy defeat here but predict a 2-1 in the final v rangers, despite getting hammered 5-0 at Ibrox last time out.

This game means way more to them than it does us. 

Football is a funny by game. 

I think they're going to ease up on the throttle just a bit even though they won't mean to. I'm sure they're disappointed they didn't put Rangers to the sword last week but in reality Rangers needed a win there to keep the title race alive, and they didn't get it. They could easily lose the next two and still pull it off with a win at home against Motherwell because Rangers aren't going to make up 19 goals of difference over three games.

EDIT: but agreed on the last game of the season. If the title is somehow still alive, they'll be in a 1-1-8 formation the whole game trying to score goals.

Edited by Led Tasso

stirlingshirejambo

Said for weeks going give this a miss. Finally gave in today just in case this is the week we beat them there

Anything except a heavy demoralising defeat please Robbie