Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonlegions

Different game in the final.If our players cant raise their game then its a rebuilding. 

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Stop being silly Colin and read back what was written before gobbing off a load of pish.

Apologies!  Replied to wrong post.

henryheart

We were very poor and if this was a meaningful game in the context of our league position I would not be happy, but I'm not sure how much we should take from this. Neilson is clearly tinkering and avoiding playing his cup final team, and the players were very injury averse by avoiding tackles, stretches and quick changes of pace. Remember, in the run up to the 1998 final Jefferies did exactly the same at home the Rangers and we were walked over 3-0. A week before the 2012 final we lost 5-0 at Parkhead doing exactly what we did today.  

21 minutes ago, oritem8 said:

Easy now, you’ll upset the house wives of Midlothian by pointing out the obvious like that.

You're a special type of troll aren't you 😂😂

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Stephane9 said:

Being realistic, Celtic were the better team and had loads to play for. There was a foul in the lead up to their first goal and I thought their striker fouled Gordon for their second although the ball was over the line. The obvious take from Hearts is Kingsley and Gordon top performances. Sibbick is not good enough in any position, Woodburn consistently anonymous and Boyce is at best a squad player, to slow and a poor conversion rate to chances. If we get most of the injured players back I believe that we will give Sevco a real go in the final.

Add Haring to top performance.

Still think Sibbick has potential as a centre back but time will tell.

Little more than a run out for us today.  That said one or two players produced pretty poor performances.   Celtic  first goal  and from an obvious foul on Sibbick. That changed the game entirely. The officials had more than sub par performances and as usual every crucial decision went Celtics way. 
I’m sure we will be up for the Final and given a fair rub of the green we will win.  Just waiting to see who gets the final. My money is on either Collum or Clancy. 

colinmaroon
9 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Celtic has 17 fouls against our 8. Keeping ourselves out of harm?. 

Especially with Don Robertson.  Hard enough wwith 11, with 10 would have been even harder.

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Different game in the final.If our players cant raise their game then its a rebuilding. 

You seriously expect a rebuild if we don’t win the cup ? A team that finished streets ahead in 3rd needs rebuilt ?

Well do very VERY well to win the cup. I’m not expecting us to win it. But there is no way on earth we need to rip it up and start again, even if we get we’ll beat.

No Idle Talk

4-1. It looks bad on paper but honestly it wasn't that bad. I think we showed enough in that match to come away from it not feeling demoralised or with our confidence dented ahead of the cup final.

Today's game meant everything to Celtic and little to us. Our main objective today was to avoid injuries. Hopefully we have managed that. Although Stephen Kingsley looked like he was hurt in the second half, which was a worry. 

Conclusion - It's never fun to lose to Celtic but in the grand scheme of things this result really doesn't matter. It's all about the 21st now.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

To be part of match squad again

if you listen to Robbie he says that’s the first stage back to playing again 

Thanks for the reminder of why I try to avoid listening to Robbie. 

He is doing a good job but I don't find most of what he says very illuminating.

colinmaroon
Just now, Deevers said:

Little more than a run out for us today.  That said one or two players produced pretty poor performances.   Celtic  first goal  and from an obvious foul on Sibbick. That changed the game entirely. The officials had more than sub par performances and as usual every crucial decision went Celtics way. 
I’m sure we will be up for the Final and given a fair rub of the green we will win.  Just waiting to see who gets the final. My money is on either Collum or Clancy. 

Never thought I'd say this but I hope it's Collum.

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The table suggests  otherwise. But it also suggests both are streets ahead of us. despite some wild talk early in the season about us challenging them.

Not saying we can't win the cup but we will have to play better than we have in the great majority of games this season and  Rangers worse.

Add a bit of luck and decent refereeing ... which may be asking too much!

We can win, but every thing needs to fall into place for us. Hopefully Rangers burn themselves out in the Euro final.

AC Mallin_51

As much as that was a poor score line if you offered me 4-1 and no injuries or 0-1 and 2/3 key players hobble off, I’ll take the 4-1 under the circumstances 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You seriously expect a rebuild if we don’t win the cup ? A team that finished streets ahead in 3rd needs rebuilt ?

Well do very VERY well to win the cup. I’m not expecting us to win it. But there is no way on earth we need to rip it up and start again, even if we get we’ll beat.

Getting rid of the dead wood like SIbbick ??

Rebuild in the sense of getting better quality in.  GMS??  Even Ginelly ??

stevie1874
9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Get a grip that’s crazy talk. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Boyce lost the ball at key moments today but he also got forward into dangerous spots several times and got no support.

When Ange’s game plan is working, the other team’s cohesion falls apart under pressure. It worked today and the players that we needed to beat it, like Mckay, couldn’t manage.

Agreed, Boyce wasn't great, but a few times he was all by his own. 

Our  Midfield, especially that midfield of Haring and Sibbick isn't good enough to compete with celtic or Rangers in Glasgow. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who is it that every time he faces goal he falls on his face???

Badly guy? 

I noticed that too. 

Can't stand James Forrest. He hasn't got much of a neck. Such freakery in green and white hoops gives me the boak big time.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for the reminder of why I try to avoid listening to Robbie. 

He is doing a good job but I don't find most of what he says very illuminating.

It's not meant to be. What the vast majority of football managers say and then do, are two completely different things. Sir Alex Ferguson was a master of it.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

That makes no sense. 

It's a cup final for Rangers too, both sets of players will be up for it. 

If we get beat or even well beat there is no rebuilding job required. 

We will continue as planned. 

No need for the drama. 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

We can win, but every thing needs to fall into place for us. Hopefully Rangers burn themselves out in the Euro final.

Be best if they lost on penalties 

Meh, another in a long line of shitty results through in that Cesspit. Today is no different, and nothing to get overly worked up about. We are a long way from the quality they have throughout the team. Don't get me wrong, it's shite to loss 4 to them, and not excusing some players performances, but hopefully we are saving our "1 good result in 10yrs in Glasgow against the OF" performance for the Cup Final. 

Edited by Fraggle

Shooter McGavin

Just a kick about about today, no injuries is the main thing.

The important game is against Rangers in the final, forget the rest.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
28 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Do you know what bugs me? It’s the fourth goal on 90 minutes. Losing 3-1 away to Celtic in a game that means nothing to us, but could effectively seal the title for them, I can live with. It’s the fourth goal, right at the end, just to rub it in. And we lose these late goals pretty much every time we play an away fixture in Glasgow.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter much, that wasn’t our strongest team, and I’d prefer Celtic win the title because Sevco have bet the farm on direct access to the CL groups. But it’s still annoying.

Apart from 3 of our 4 other games there this season? In two of which we scored late goals…?

Boyce has been poor recently but the likes of Ginnelly and GMS have more poor games than good.

Hope these two are on the bench in the cup final.

13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Never thought I'd say this but I hope it's Collum.

Me too!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Is Column still getting big games? Haven’t seen much of him at all this season it seems.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Boyce must be playing himself out the cup final team, he's been horrendous for weeks 

This. Hopefully he’s nowhere near the starting 11.

colinmorewasgash

We actually started off well but then for some reason stopped pressing we lack intensity something that the old firm have for 90 mins once we concede esp in glesca we fold. Yes we know they have 30m team but ross county and utd came away with draws In fact utd lost 1 0 last min goal and drew 0 0 through there.They worked there asses off gave it their all from start to finish our players seem to give up once they score no matters who in charge. We had nothing at stake fair enough and yes players don't want injured but you should still have pride and half of them in that 2nd half should not be guaranteed a cup final place you should earn it least try and give it a go as pressure was all on them once we scored but we made it too easy as usual in end for them and yes they get all decisions but every season its same we would have been as well saying we couldn't play and lose 3 0. I hope I am wrong but I can't see us winning in 2 weeks time the ref won't give us anything and intensity of sevco play at moment we won't cope with in final especially if we lose an early goal as defenders we're banking on won't be fit enough plus boyce is way off form and we'll try to keep it tight. But strange things happen in football so FTH and Sevco.

I had this one down as a 5-0 celtic win.

I know that sounds horrific but celtic regularly turn teams over by 4, 5, 6 goals when they are sealing the title at home. 

They just have this way of blitzing teams when it comes to getting over the line.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

This. Hopefully he’s nowhere near the starting 11.

Handy for the bench

but if we start with just simms upfront on his own, there will be some moaners on here about it too I’m sure 

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That makes no sense. 

It's a cup final for Rangers too, both sets of players will be up for it. 

If we get beat or even well beat there is no rebuilding job required. 

We will continue as planned. 

No need for the drama. 

:sniff:

hisnameis

Eyes on the prize guys. Any 4-1 loss is sair tae bare but this one matters not a jot to us in the grand scheme of things. 

Takeaways : kingsley came through 90 mins. Simms got more minutes and looked OK when he came off. We still miss our main defenders and midfielders. Boyce is on borrowed time as a starter.  Sibbick is not a midfielder. Marginal decisions always go their way. We are still building.  I have seen our first choice 11 lose far more heavily than that and that was no where near our first choice 11. We have come along way in a short time.

JimmyCant
22 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Getting rid of the dead wood like SIbbick ??

Rebuild in the sense of getting better quality in.  GMS??  Even Ginelly ??

Sibbick? A young player who has a 3 year deal ? Ginelly ? One of our better players today and who probably starts in the cup final.

GMS I agree, but that’s not a REBUILD. it’s strengthening a very good core squad in areas we see as needing strengthening.

Edited by JimmyCant

snappypoet

Not too bad today. A couple of strange decisions and we were against a quality team with something to play for. I thought Kingsley was very good again and hope the knock at the end wasn't anything serious.

On another note, I thought GMS looked decent after coming on. I also thought he was one of the better ones against Ross County last week (first half especially). He seems to be an easy target for criticism and I don't really get it.

1 hour ago, oritem8 said:

Easy now, you’ll upset the house wives of Midlothian by pointing out the obvious like that.

:troll:

johnking123

Rebuild. Couple will leave and we will get more in. Sibbick is just taking time to settle and will not be main CB next season. People losing there shit over losing at Darkheid :rofl:

maroonlegions
19 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

We actually started off well but then for some reason stopped pressing we lack intensity something that the old firm have for 90 mins once we concede esp in glesca we fold. Yes we know they have 30m team but ross county and utd came away with draws In fact utd lost 1 0 last min goal and drew 0 0 through there.They worked there asses off gave it their all from start to finish our players seem to give up once they score no matters who in charge. We had nothing at stake fair enough and yes players don't want injured but you should still have pride and half of them in that 2nd half should not be guaranteed a cup final place you should earn it least try and give it a go as pressure was all on them once we scored but we made it too easy as usual in end for them and yes they get all decisions but every season its same we would have been as well saying we couldn't play and lose 3 0. I hope I am wrong but I can't see us winning in 2 weeks time the ref won't give us anything and intensity of sevco play at moment we won't cope with in final especially if we lose an early goal as defenders we're banking on won't be fit enough plus boyce is way off form and we'll try to keep it tight. But strange things happen in football so FTH and Sevco.

Feck it then, better not turning up then. Shopping with the mrs then..

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Rebuild. Couple will leave and we will get more in. Sibbick is just taking time to settle and will not be main CB next season. People losing there shit over losing at Darkheid :rofl:

Bigger picture??

Moving forward. We need to rebuild on the BENCH.  Soppy away, look at us when we have injuries to the likes of Halket and Devlin ???

We lack a strong BENCH.???

Edited by maroonlegions

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For what? The officials wouldn't change the Sibbick decision because it wouldn't be reviewed.

I thought they could go back a review any incident involved in the build up?

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Bigger picture??

Moving forward. We need to rebuild on the BENCH.  Soppy away, look at us when we have injuries to the likes of Halket and Devlin ???

We lack a strong BENCH.???

That’s not the way we will do it IMO. We’ll sign starting players who are as good or better than the starters we have. Some of our current starters won’t start so often and therefore we’ll have naturally improved the bench.

We’re not signing squad players to sit on the bench. That does nothing to improve the first 11.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I thought they could go back a review any incident involved in the build up?

Not against any of the two @$$ cheeks.

Unless it’s to their advantage.

Not reviewing that one is the their advantage.

Can hardly wait to see VAR in Scotland in all its glory.

Today I thought Atkinson played better against Celtic than he did the last time. 

He still is, a bit like Sibbick not at the level where he is good enough to play against the better teams.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Today I thought Atkinson played better against Celtic than he did the last time. 

He still is, a bit like Sibbick not at the level where he is good enough to play against the better teams.

He was poor today for sure. Don’t know if it was a Celtic thing or just a bad day at the office.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s not the way we will do it IMO. We’ll sign starting players who are as good or better than the starters we have. Some of our current starters won’t start so often and therefore we’ll have naturally improved the bench.

We’re not signing squad players to sit on the bench. That does nothing to improve the first 11.

But we have squad players who DO sit on the bench..  Look at Celtic and Rangers??

Nothing wrong with a decent  bench??

Edited by maroonlegions